Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A show like Council fo Dads but they're all Cthulhu cultists/deep ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Boredumb posted:

Lucy remains a great guest, newest episode of This Is Sus was highly entertaining.

Hoping for dozens more ‘ohmigod yeeeeeeeess’ this time around

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh my GOD youre RIGHT

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Famethrowa posted:

joshua saying "we should abolish the cia" is a really dumb thing to say publicly unless you want to zip yourself into a suitcase and commit "suicide" so either he doesnt know how to dogwhistle well enough to be electable, or he was trolling for way too online leftists to donate.

Oh I was talking about Lee Carter, that Joshua clod doesn't have a legislative record

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Felix is now also doing a valley girl voice for every character.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

I cannot understand this at all, and I'm mostly sober. Are we talking about Lee Carter? If it comes down to it my loyalty is with Lee
Lee is a good legislator but a lovely poster. If that's the side you want to be on, so be it

Race Realists posted:

i just wanted to post this here

I do not give two flying fucks what Amber Statement triggered you all this time

https://twitter.com/Ulfyn_/status/1261200148320915458

have a wonderful Evening regardless :thumbsup:
your poo poo always sucks but i really respect your explicit commitment to never post anything relevant

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
It's great that Carter got elected and he seems like a great guy in politics and in real life, but he's embarrassing himself in the way that Trump's embarrassed himself by feuding with all the celebrities and journalists he's mocked even after taking office. It shows that even given an extraordinary amount of power and responsibility, he can't rise above publicly engaging in petty Twitter bullshit with F-list celebrities because he doesn't have the personal fortitude to simply ignore them.

This is why you hire a social media manager. Even if you have nothing better to do than post and track your enemies' posts, and even if you love doing that kind of thing, you don't want people to know that.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 16, 2020

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What do they say about gone home/firewatch?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

T. Bombastus posted:

Lee is a good legislator but a lovely poster. If that's the side you want to be on, so be it
I mean I live in VA so Lee is the rarest thing in existence, a politician whose work actually has a positive impact on my life

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

papa horny michael posted:

the bonus episodes with hayleyglyphs have all been bad. she's not funny, nor informative about any subjects.

Actually shes really.good and taught the boys many things. Like george Lucas and Stephen Spielberg being pedophiles.

Sorry you've got a bad brain

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Leftist think piece left me QUITE unsatisfied 1/x

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Jippa posted:

Just that there was a rash of games with objectives like “explore this old house and read their mail.” Which they think is lame because games are about throwing a lance at a ghost and falling into a pit. They’re wrong but whatever, Will is the closest thing to a gamer and he wasn’t there to remind them that some of the best stuff in Breath of the Wild is when you’re just screwing around.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chakan posted:

Just that there was a rash of games with objectives like “explore this old house and read their mail.” Which they think is lame because games are about throwing a lance at a ghost and falling into a pit. They’re wrong but whatever, Will is the closest thing to a gamer and he wasn’t there to remind them that some of the best stuff in Breath of the Wild is when you’re just screwing around.

gone home isnt really comparable to breath of the wild by any metric

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Jippa posted:

"I sound like a gamergater, but" which is a pretty good indication that whatever thought you're having should just be kept to yourself.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sleeveless posted:

"I sound like a gamergater, but" which is a pretty good indication that whatever thought you're having should just be kept to yourself.

I hope that we're far enough away from Gamergate that we don't have to keep pretending that Gone Home and Depression Quest didn't suck rear end.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sleeveless posted:

I mean, he wasn't wrong though? Like the trend of 'walk around and be sad' games with a pretty lovely little chunk of time because so many of them were just cheap emotional tricks on the level of those dumb dog movies where it's clear the dog dies at the end and no poo poo it's gonna make you sad if you're not a sociopath but that doesn't make it a good movie with anything to say inherently. It's dumb that a bunch of cultural fascists used that as an excuse to demand women and queers leave the medium but that's a different thing.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

gone home isnt really comparable to breath of the wild by any metric

Chosen because I know Will has played it and it’s a game where you can just wander around and look at stuff. I’m not suggesting that normal play for both games looks very similar.

Gripweed posted:

I hope that we're far enough away from Gamergate that we don't have to keep pretending that Gone Home and Depression Quest didn't suck rear end.

They didn’t, but I don’t know if you think that because you thought they were poor executions of something worth doing, or because you think all games should be fun and allow you to turn off your brain.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Gripweed posted:

I feel like me saying that would be like me saying we should all stop pretending Romantic Age poetry didn't suck rear end; maybe I simply don't understand it, maybe it was never meant for me, or maybe my tastes just go in a different direction.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Making liking/not liking a product into a political statement is one of the most lib things in the world

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chakan posted:

or because you think all games should be fun

absolute birdbrain poo poo to say as some dismissive thing on the level of 'hur dur those plebes think all games should be ghosts and goblins'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if you don't buy my new game, Hair Shirt Simulator 2020, you're basically a neo-nazi who doesn't understand art, is all I'm saying

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Chakan posted:

because you think all games should be fun and allow you to turn off your brain.

All movies should be the adventures, hell yeah!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

sexpig by night posted:

if you don't buy my new game, Hair Shirt Simulator 2020, you're basically a neo-nazi who doesn't understand art, is all I'm saying

I'll buy anything that says Simulator.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

absolute birdbrain poo poo to say as some dismissive thing on the level of 'hur dur those plebes think all games should be ghosts and goblins'

In my defense, I’m not sure if gripweed thinks all games should be fun. I don’t care that Amber thinks games are ghosts and goblins any more than I do about friends who think movies are the marvel movies. It’s boring, but whatever, I’m not trying to be dismissive I’ve just had this conversation before with them. I’m also probably doing a poor job because my ceiling started leaking from the rain again at 3:30 after I went to bed at 2:00 so I’m not perfectly lucid.

e: sexpig has eaten a probe so for the next 6 hours everyone has to agree that the video game equivalent of “doing your taxes for the first time since getting a divorce” belongs in the Louvre.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 16, 2020

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gone Home was alright. There’s room for all kinds of art in the world. It’s not that serious.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont think gone home is bad but i do think its a weak, amateurish effort. tacoma, from the same studio, is much better

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Felix said the best game to come out in 2012 was battlefield. Why would you ever worry or spend a minute on his video game opinions

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean I live in VA so Lee is the rarest thing in existence, a politician whose work actually has a positive impact on my life

Look buddy he may be working to improve the lives of the poor and disadvantaged but have you considered he posted absolute cringe at my pretend podcast friend?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

Maybe holding a decade-spanning grudge over the concept of a subgenre of media existing that you personally do not enjoy but other people do is far more deserving of introspection than whatever cork board you've been putting together that's the modern equivalent of calling someone gay for playing Final Fantasy.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

Felix said the best game to come out in 2012 was battlefield. Why would you ever worry or spend a minute on his video game opinions
My favorite was his abrupt turn to genetic fitness determining your ability to be a pro gamer which is one of the stranger and funnier rationales he's come up with for sucking rear end at games.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

terrorist ambulance posted:

Battlefield 3 is pretty fun though.

It also came out in 2011, but I guess you could argue it fits with all the expansions and poo poo.

Still, Felix played Fortnite on PC with a gamepad, so you know he isn’t ready for an XCOM or maybe even Dishonored

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Thief: The Dark Project perfected the art form back in 1998, and playing anything else makes you a bad person

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
The whole are games art thing is a moot conversation because from the outset people can by their own subjectivity decide if they want to read something as art or not. So which is true? Both and neither because really art is just some garbage we project all these values onto.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah Dark Souls came out the same year as Battlefield 3 so Felix proves he's a fake famer boi once again. Plus the best Battlefield was BF2142 and that came out in 2006.

Sleeveless posted:

Maybe holding a decade-spanning grudge over the concept of a subgenre of media existing that you personally do not enjoy but other people do is far more deserving of introspection than whatever cork board you've been putting together that's the modern equivalent of calling someone gay for playing Final Fantasy.

Games can be bad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

The whole are games art thing is a moot conversation because from the outset people can by their own subjectivity decide if they want to read something as art or not. So which is true? Both and neither because really art is just some garbage we project all these values onto.

Yeah but if someone plainfaced tried to say “books aren’t art, paintings aren’t art, movies aren’t art” you would be able to immediately distinguish them as a moron spouting nonsense.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
1) games are art
2) art can be bad
3)

Sleeveless posted:

the subgenre gone home belongs to is full of amazing games like return of the obra dinn, firewatch, and what became of edith finch. gone home is a straight-up bad example of the genre. it has nothing going for it. its thoroughly mediocre, the videogame equivalent of the world according to garp
e: the john irving book. never seen the movie, it might be good but i doubt it

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 16, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sleeveless posted:

Ok so we're still doing gamergate. Good to know.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Imagining a guy in 2013 still really mad about the existence of Brokeback Mountain and Little Miss Sunshine and frankly it's a very funny mental image.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The actual proof that video games can be something other than "fun" but still be good is Pathologic (2) which has more to say and says it in a more interesting way than Gone Home or Depression Quest could ever hope to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Not liking a game is a lot like homophobia, if you think about it