Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Lol holy poo poo just saw a Chrysler "We're Opening Back Up! Buy our Trucks!" commercial on national network tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The “I’m young and healthy so why should I care” poo poo is just completely sociopathic, you’re also making the choice to expose friends and family, some of whom are definitely going to die.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bruteman posted:

Lol this messaging is so 2 months ago, why can't they just move on to "mask wearers are traitors, death to tyranny"?

https://twitter.com/hobo03367808/status/1261597130864631810?s=19

impossible to tell if this is satire

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Lol holy poo poo just saw a Chrysler "We're Opening Back Up! Buy our Trucks!" commercial on national network tv

yeah lol I've been seeing these the past few days

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

magiccarpet posted:

the delayed start of the nfl season is going to cause the civil war 2

fine with me, lets get this over with

Apr 7, 2003

Lol we’re the ferengi

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Anyone with that many numbers in their name is a bot btw

youd think twitter could very easily shut down all bot accounts...

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol we’re the ferengi

not quite because quark was a decent person beneath all of it

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Football's back!

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1261649983167586310

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Im young and healthy so why should I care poo poo is just completely sociopathic, youre also making the choice to expose friends and family, some of whom are definitely going to die.

almost like people dont give a gently caress about others

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

The “I’m young and healthy so why should I care” poo poo is just completely sociopathic, you’re also making the choice to expose friends and family, some of whom are definitely going to die.

I tried explaining this to my boss Friday and he just got mad. They don't want to admit that their entire worldview is FYGM selfish arrogance but it is and the cognitive dissonance makes them mad rather than causing reflection or change. These people call themselves Christians lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

snoo posted:

wondering how many more relationships I'm gonna ruin by insisting on being safe and isolating ourselves

(my wife and I are fine and happy to be at home)

none of those people are going to survive the second wave, good luck to the idiots

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

can't wait for the 80 month terms to become 120 month terms and eventually 420 month terms etc.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I tried explaining this to my boss Friday and he just got mad. They don't want to admit that their entire worldview is FYGM selfish arrogance but it is and the cognitive dissonance makes them mad rather than causing reflection or change. These people call themselves Christians lol

american christianity is just a tool to hit the meek over the head with so that they don't feel too bad about their real suffering lol

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Can't see any way this report is going to be misused
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1261650373057613824?s=20

i don't believe this

at all

a good impetus to confiscate guns from the general population before everyone realises the economy is actually a myth

food doesn't exist

and we've all be robbed by decades of politicians and the MIC

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I asked what he would do if someone from the office is hospitalized and if he would quarantine and require masks then and he said "we will deal with that if we get there" like it won't already be spread around for two weeks to everyone else and entirely too late to fix.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Declan MacManus posted:

but like can’t a cop pretend to give them a citation or something

can’t they take time out of their busy days of shooting brown people to hassle someone who’s impinging on their authority to protect the interests of capital

the cops rolled up in an mrap and arrested six of them, the leader wasn't there
the cops aren't excited by anyone impinging on their monopoly on force regardless of skin color or class

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

can't wait for the 80 month terms to become 120 month terms and eventually 420 month terms etc.

The economics of car ownership are going to get interesting in states where cars tend to rot out before ten years.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The economics of car ownership are going to get interesting in states where cars tend to rot out before ten years.

We have a 20 year old car in Chicago that somehow still runs (Camry) and a mere 100k miles on it. It got hailed on real bad and I can't decide between trying to get it totalled out under insurance or just keeping it around forever but it's not like anyone drives anymore except for fun

Apr 7, 2003

I’ve got a six year old Outback with 31k miles and I fully expect it to rust out before 75k miles

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Stereotype posted:

It's still wild to me that the right wing griftosphere is putting so many of their eggs in the "covid was always a hoax" basket

Apr 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

It's still wild to me that the right wing griftosphere is putting so many of their eggs in the "covid was always a hoax" basket

My wife’s brother sent her this video yesterday lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZrS1t1RclM

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

blatman posted:

not quite because quark was a decent person beneath all of it

Mirror universe Quark was only a slightly better guy than regular universe Quark.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Bruteman posted:

Lol this messaging is so 2 months ago, why can't they just move on to "mask wearers are traitors, death to tyranny"?

https://twitter.com/hobo03367808/status/1261597130864631810?s=19
same old bullshit that i'm seriously getting tired of.

:smuggo: why don't we worry about the homeless before we start doing ______? :smuggo:
ok, let's do something about the homeless.
:smuggo: why don't we worry about the veterans before we help the homeless? :smuggo:
ok, let's do something to help the veterans.
:smuggo: no. :smuggo:

new rule: you're not allowed to criticize the current plan unless you have one to replace it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouseCEA/status/1257680258364555264?s=19

Today is zero deaths.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

I AM A FREE
I AM NOT MAN
A NUMBER

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I share a house with my 90 year old dad and my chud-adjacent sister who looked me in the eye and said "you're just going to blame me if he gets it anyway" as she goes to her very-essential professional church lady job every day and hangs out with her (married w/children) boyfriend at restaurants on weekends

sorry dad, I wish I could keep you safe :smith:

nb: she's over 60 herself and used to complain constantly about germs but now she talks about herd immunity

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1261664391117840384

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Flesh Forge posted:

I AM A FREE
I AM NOT MAN
A NUMBER

Doomsday economics thread battle cry right there

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

mission accomplished we did it open er up close the thread make discussion of it banable

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

yeah they get extremely mad when you point out that wearing masks is more to help others than yourself

they're totally unwilling to do anything at all to help others and deep down they know it's selfish and bad, so when they see others doing the right thing their "you think you're BETTER than me, don't you" resentment goes into overdrive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think any curve fits the actual results

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

clockwork chaos posted:

I'm mad that states reopening means starbucks stops giving catastrophe pay. Great now I either go to work, get sick and die because nothing has changed, it's still a fuckin'pandemic, or I continue to stay at home but not longer get paid and slowly run out of funds because bills never stopped. Then I go back to work, get sick and die.

And tons of people have it worse, has like /anyone/ successfully received unemployment during this? A single person? Anyone at all

You probably don't want to hear this but because of the cares Act and the unemployment I am regularly getting $800 a week to stay home and I am covered through the end of July and do not have to look for work so basically I lucked the hell out but I'm angry that the same doesn't apply the most people I know a lot of people are still working and others who are furloughed weren't independent contractors so they don't get the additional 600 a week

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Siljmonster posted:

Lol there's so many more places doing takeout and even some coffee places are allowing sitting outside

This is loving stupid california

That’s seems pretty reasonable to me OP, unless people are crowding the patios.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Mr Hootington posted:

Today is zero deaths.

nailed it!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

huh, why’s that guy in the photo? looks like a fat Donald Trump? the celebrity apprentice guy?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

just being the absolutely bitchiest pussy in the world after wearing a mask 10 minutes and deciding real men don't wear masks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

well at least they have sources, not BILL GATES 5G MIND CONTROL CONFIRMED BY DR LAURA RANDOM FROM MIAMI

Comfy Fleece Sweater has issued a correction as of 16:09 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bullfrog posted:

this is soooo loving stupid lmfao but i would expect no less from america. open er up

https://twitter.com/JamiePerezTV/status/1261342834843684875

100 per test is robbery and probably straight up fraud.