Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My parents wanted to sleep in so I want to say at like 10 they just gave my everything Christmas eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Santa claus isn't real. It's a bastardization of the very real Saint Nicolas.

It's Saint Nicolas who brings presents for kids at night, and he does so December 6th. Also if you haven't been a nice kid he's gonna let Krampus kick your rear end.

On Christmas eve it's just everyone in the family giving presents to each others so there's no reason not to do open them immediately.

e: yes we receive gifts TWICE as kids in December. The sign of a superior culture

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Actually, St. Nicolas brings presents on December 5th in the Czech Republic, on the eve of the St. Nicolas holidays. His presents are only lame stuff like sweets and fruit though.

With that being said, I would prefer not getting anything from St. Nicolas if it also meant not getting traumatized by Krampus coming to our house when I was a kid. The smell of peanuts, tangerines and cheap chocolate still makes me nervous at 30.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

There is a short story by I think Neil Gaiman where a salesman visits Sisyphus and Sisyphus is just this massive dude, I liked that. I like this too.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

:ussr:What's the point of Christmas?
:jewish:What's the point of Christ?

:emo:What's the point?
:confused:What?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If they were proper Puritan Americans they wouldn't celebrate Christmas at all

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Santa claus isn't real. It's a bastardization of the very real Saint Nicolas.

It's Saint Nicolas who brings presents for kids at night, and he does so December 6th. Also if you haven't been a nice kid he's gonna let Krampus kick your rear end.

On Christmas eve it's just everyone in the family giving presents to each others so there's no reason not to do open them immediately.

e: yes we receive gifts TWICE as kids in December. The sign of a superior culture

Also he punched some heretics and that's badass

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

So is the implication that the parents meant to give their son a cat, but the cat died because the box was sealed with no air holes?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So is the implication that the parents meant to give their son a cat, but the cat died because the box was sealed with no air holes?

Y'all are dummies, the point of the family is just to show that the ghost is sad that either
A. He doesn't have anyone to share Christmas with
Or
B. He's sad he doesn't have presents

Probably A.

The fact that he's a ghost doesn't mean the cat is dead, it's just meant to subvert your expectations. Ghosts don't generally like cute kittens

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Oh poo poo- Malcolm!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The author probably wanted to make the comic about a homeless person, but then realised that a cat would be a poo poo present from Santa. So they changed it to a ghost, and killed the cat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Santa claus isn't real.

What the gently caress

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Spoiler tag that poo poo I just spent the last few hours crying

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Phlegmish posted:

Spoiler tag that poo poo I just spent the last few hours crying

Weep the weepy weep way.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Just Offscreen posted:

Weep the weepy weep way.

I have to watch this video! I'll hit you with a rock, I'll do what I have to!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the "ghost" is actually charlie brown in his halloween costume & the "cat" is a rock

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Slimy Hog posted:

The fact that he's a ghost doesn't mean the cat is dead, it's just meant to subvert your expectations. Ghosts don't generally like cute kittens

But don't you know a cat is for life?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Motherfuckers don't even have to work for it. We had to go chasing around all the drat house to find halt of a big rear end cracker.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
In my family you opened presents on both the eve and the day, but don’t get too jealous; the eve was like the disappointment of Hanukkah swag condensed into one 16 hour interval of visiting every tenuously related person in a 40 mile radius, materially furnished by grunting midwesterners that are quietly bothered with how they are bound with a tradition invented by Sears in the 70s to buy things for children they didn’t make, so the gifts were clear polyethylene bags filled with Gobot parts and the bags still have the .50c Amvets tag on the rubber band cinch.

Then Christmas morning was with immediate family and the gifts were clear polyethylene bags with with Transformers parts and the bag still had the $1.00 Amvets tag on them, because we didn’t have much money.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Slimy Hog posted:

Also he punched some heretics and that's badass

Going around in Northern Europe, or even Germania from house to house around Solstice punching the home owners in villages and hill forts scattered around the dark, snow-covered forests in the name of a foreign god is a career that I realistically cannot see very long term prospects in. Maybe the end-of-year bonuses are nice?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

For some reason those surreal wisemind memes made me think of this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Stay safe, spectral borzoi

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Goon Boots posted:

this was pretty cool.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gain

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

butt egg

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

why did he pee on that child

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Fister Roboto posted:

why did he pee on that child

That man was R Kelly

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Goon Boots posted:

very a lesson is learned vibes, both the writing and art

https://www.alessonislearned.com/

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Just Offscreen posted:

Oh poo poo- Malcolm!

:lmao: amazing reference work this page, JO

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

that's a great comic

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

I didn't realize the impact this comic had until I saw "a lesson is learned" in the url and my brain helpfully completed it with "but the damage is irreversible."

Almost as if I learned a lesson, but...

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

:lmao: amazing reference work this page, JO

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

using toilet paper at all is wasteful. i use my kitchen sink as a bidet

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not going to waste water like that. I just poo poo in the neighbors' yard at night and use leaves.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Eats, shits, and leaves

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Eats, shits, and leaves

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Mike isn't just hangin' anymore.