Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

The Wing Commander movie is one of those so bad it's good/funny films IMO. It'd be perfect for an MST3K rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

I didn’t include the list of games *currently in development* :D

Fair enough :)

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

UnknownTarget posted:

The Wing Commander movie is one of those so bad it's good/funny films IMO. It'd be perfect for an MST3K rip.

I thought it was so bad it's bad. (it's bad)

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
It's the worst kind of bad that triples every second

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sillybones posted:

It’s a real chore to watch. Freddie Prince Jr. and Mathew Lillard are the team-up from hell, every second they’re on screen you’re just praying that the films cuts back to the Captain and First Officer who at least seem like real human beings. Someone just told them to pretend it’s 90210 in space and just be as vapid and stupid as possible. To be fair the studio insisted on some of these casting choices over Chris’ wishes, but the horrible script just kicks the bad acting into overdrive.

The funny-bad parts to me are Chris’ kindergarten level understanding of physics, and all of his dumb WW2 in space tropes multiplied by 100.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Body dragging and improved throw down 2%?! nooooooooooooooooooo

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

0% on the much anticipated elevator panel rework.
:discourse:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

new babbage trinket shops making good progress!

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My Weekend At Bernie's roleplay dreams... shattered

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

3.10 due in June? lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

MedicineHut posted:

3.10 due in June? lol

probably coming even earlier than that, fudster

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Sillybones posted:

Aw, I think it's pretty funny. Which is great because Robert's magnum opus film is just a punchline.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Do we know what "body dragging" actually is and how it's supposed to integrate with the rest of the :airquote:existing gameplay:airquote:?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Dr. Honked posted:

Do we know what "body dragging" actually is and how it's supposed to integrate with the rest of the :airquote:existing gameplay:airquote:?

you'll be able to drag bodies,

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Inacio posted:

you'll be able to drag bodies,

...fideliciously

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Is Body Dragging 2.0 the consequences of piracy implementation?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Dr. Honked posted:

Some stealth games like Deus Ex and Sniper Elite have body dragging to avoid alerting NPCs. Since Star Citizen will be the best at every genre of game ever made, it needs to have body dragging, even though the gunplay is just run and gun.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Hav posted:

They kinda did. Your entire family dies in Kirkwall and the protagonist was around to let it happen. The moral beats were leaden too.

Even better, Jurgen Prochnow probably knew a little about why it was dumb.

Edit: re 2.4Ghz. If your gaming is interrupted by the microwave being on, turn it off and throw it away. It shouldn’t be emitting outside of the enclosure.

Baby monitors and cameras are the biggest source of badly modulated 2.4Ghz, so generally stay off wifi unless you’re toilet-posting. Copper pipes are a great source of grounding and can make walls more wifi opaque, but again, don’t use wifi for gaming. It’s silly. Latency out the wazoo.

Maybe in the past? I mean it's not going to be as good as wired but I just checked out my phone on wifi vs hardwired and it only added about 10-15 ms. Not ideal, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

lobsterminator posted:

Some stealth games like Deus Ex and Sniper Elite have body dragging to avoid alerting NPCs. Since Star Citizen will be the best at every genre of game ever made, it needs to have body dragging, even though the gunplay is just run and gun.

This is what I'm wondering about, because although the ticket just says "body dragging", it implies a whole world of gameplay that just doesn't exist yet. Presumably that's why it dropped 2% - they've maybe started to realise the actual scope of the task.

Also they've maybe realised that working on this feature at this point is futile as none of the supporting systems exist? Haha no

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

How long has Eddie Parr been on the roadmap? Is Chris adding a new jacket to him every month?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

I think the original idea as shown in the Star Marine demo was being able to drag your friends out of firefights.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Body Dragging" is just the internal term for the overall state of Star Citizen development. 2% down means they've made enough money that they think they can keep up their Weekend-At-Bernie's routine for even longer before they have to dump the project into a shallow grave and walk away casually.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

UnknownTarget posted:

I think the original idea as shown in the Star Marine demo was being able to drag your friends out of firefights.

And into triage

Expect extra recuperation time if you have a venereal

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Body dragging might be my favorite roadmap item. It's always there and is always either making or losing progress. No one knows what it is exactly or why it's taking so long. It just keeps on persisting.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Given the state of the physics, I would imagine that trying to get a player to move another player might result in some pretty spectacular explosions

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popete posted:

Body dragging might be my favorite roadmap item. It's always there and is always either making or losing progress. No one knows what it is exactly or why it's taking so long. It just keeps on persisting.

This just in, Star Citizen has persistence!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are you implying that CIG is having problems with the physics in their game? When has that ever been the case in the past? I am sure once it is complete it will work flawlessly and be a fun and meaningful part of gameplay.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

UnknownTarget posted:

It was to drag Lesnick away from the space buffet.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Popete posted:

Are you implying that CIG is having problems with the physics in their game? When has that ever been the case in the past? I am sure once it is complete it will work flawlessly and be a fun and meaningful part of gameplay.

Curse you, autocorrect! I meant to type "buy an Idris"

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Body Dragging is what Chris has to do to Sandi when they go to the movie theater to watch American Satan and the end credits have finished and Vic's Mom has still not been on screen.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Kosumo posted:

Body Dragging is what Chris has to do to Sandi when they go to the movie theater to watch American Satan and the end credits have finished and Vic's Mom has still not been on screen.

Certainly the cinematic tour de force of our time. The scenes had to be cut because it would have upended Hollywood and created a new high-water mark they had no hope of reaching. Sort of like Star Citizen itself. In the end Chris may have to cancel his game to save gaming.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I wanted to play a space game. So I booted up Stellaris again, created a custom race. My star system appeared and upon seeing a bunch of statistics and menus all will to play had left me. I can no longer handle the fidelity.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

I wanted to play a space game. So I booted up Stellaris again, created a custom race. My star system appeared and upon seeing a bunch of statistics and menus all will to play had left me. I can no longer handle the fidelity.

You should play Sword of the Stars 2. The game itself quits, for your benefit, before you can experience any real dread of inconvenient knowledge. And without that knowledge, you won't be able to prove that the game isn't good.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Lord Stimperor posted:

You should try the new version of Aurora. In the "get overwhelmed before you even start the game" genre, nothing else compares

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I am going to make a call.

The Elite expansion will do some Star Citizen style stuff. And will technically work. (For a given value of P2P).

It will be, and I don’t want to overstate this:

Alright.

I have gifted you a free platinum account

Star Citizen will still be poo poo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

You should try the new version of Aurora. In the "get overwhelmed before you even start the game" genre, nothing else compares

When did War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition cease to exist?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Popete posted:

When did War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition cease to exist?

When the new Aurora came out, obviously

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So what happens when the backers cannot even pretend the next 2 patches are even close to being a Jesus patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren:OH poo poo:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03VBN_WJvE

This is it. That fighter in the trailer? That's the $25,000 whale ship, the one you could only get with the $10,000 completionist package. They've finally done it- they're pulling out the last stop.

Mark my words, this is the last big pump. The one that they themselves promised they'd never do because it would be utterly P2W. Project is dead within a year.

Please... just say you called it, and add in two weeks.

The thread needs this.

:grin::iceburn::grin: