Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also TH2 were face basically the whole time (mostly teamed with Darby) and SCU turned heel mid-Feb by attacking the Best Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Still feels weird, but if anyone wants to kill time before Dynamite: I'm still running WCW 2001 in TEW 2016 at https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight from now until before Dynamite.

+ Sting got sent to rehab beat Scott Steiner and returned the belt to WCW management before disappearing!
+ Paul E Dangerously is back in WCW, as it's President?
+ I'm running a round robin tournament? Am a masochist or just stupid? (a bit of both)
+ The stars of tomorrow are the job guys of today!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RetrosoftStudio/status/1261283929300090881

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what in the name of

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

Santana and Ortiz turned face. Page turned heel and replacing them in the Inner Circle (or Bucks turned heel and Jericho face?). Gotta question Brandi having the title but otherwise that's a drat smart AI booking for TEW.

Chris James 2 posted:

Pros:
Page kicking the Bucks' rear end
Darby gets a win
Leva gets a win
Britt gets a win
Finn going over to a different company and still not being able to be world champ

Cons:
PAC losing to scrub Cody
Champ Brandi
Dark Order relegated to preshow

Can't believe you both missed Shida being relegated to losing by DQ on the pre-show

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

tew2020 is out today ui has been improved think there's some more changes down the road on it but reading the forum over there people seem pretty positive about the changes.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'll buy it. Just not today. Have other games I want to play first. And I want to make sure the new modern-day mod has the kinks worked out.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The Croc posted:

tew2020 is out today ui has been improved think there's some more changes down the road on it but reading the forum over there people seem pretty positive about the changes.

Like 2 screens have been changed. The front office, and one other one. The skin itself is basically a direct copy of a fan-made skin. There's still a lot unintuitive and user-unfriendly aspects in the UI, especially when it comes to booking shows. It is less of a literal eyesore now, though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

My first reaction is that I am going to be driven insane by the lack of mousewheel scrolling in menus. I felt like that was in 16.

More than that, I'm going to have to come back to this game when things are less crazy and I have the bandwidth to read forum posts about what the new "pro mode" in settings entails. I'd even welcome ludicrously large tooltip popups.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can get back mousewheel scrolling by hitting "toggle search". That jumps you back to the '16 way of thinks, at least in the editor. When I'm checking workers in game I think I much prefer the new search engine.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

You can also do it by going into your preferences and disabling 'New Style Coloured Lists'

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The KoF collab has been amazing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AwkwardPSI/status/1261510349272027136

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Playing around with TEW2020 I really like how aggressive the AI is with contract negotiations. I mean, I don't like it because I want who I want but its good that I can't just sign everyone I want with ease. Especially international talents where a dude is worth way more in one country than he in mine and if I'm playing as booker I'm not even allowed by my owner to do something stupid like sign a guy not over at all in the US to big rear end contract. Feels much more competitive than in the past and means I have to actually think about who I want to offer a contract because I can't just sign someone on the cheap to send them into development because I might accidently trigger them getting a 3 year deal for someone else.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm trying to remember some of the old wild WWE 2K custom stories back when story creator was a thing. Which ones were considered to be the best? I don't remember names of them, but I remember one where the story became much more surreal as it went on and the announcers started to say more ridiculous poo poo at the beginning of RAW and I think just devolved into incoherent screaming. Another one had John Cena in the Persona and/or Dangan Ronpa universe??? It was utter insanity.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Chocolate Drop.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Senerio posted:

Chocolate Drop.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ohh, that one's a classic as well!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

woah hey
woah hey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Teddy Long vs. Ghosts was a good one

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I don’t remember much from the stories I made, but I know Mickey James called herself MEJ, And absolutely every segment pitched WWE.com, with wrestlers even telling each other to go there for information on what rental cars to buy.

The Goldust mysteries was maybe the best user generated content in any video game. It’s up there with Ziggler, PI, which had Drew McIntyre speaking entirely Scottish transliteration (“wet, wet, you half to beleef me.”)

The thing I’m still laughing about more than a decade later, was how the Goldust mysteries never cut to commentary, except 40 minutes in, when they went to the king and JR.

King: what do you think of these Golddust mysteries JR?
JR: frankly king. I don’t care if he lives or dies!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I think the Goldust Mysteries was the story I was thinking about. I hope there's a video of it somewhere.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

PunkBoy posted:

I think the Goldust Mysteries was the story I was thinking about. I hope there's a video of it somewhere.

I also made a story where a staff sergeant claimed the women’s title as army property, because it was defended a tribute to the troops. It was bad

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

I also made a story where a staff sergeant claimed the women’s title as army property, because it was defended a tribute to the troops. It was bad

New storyline for Lacey Evans confirmed

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gonna have to wait awhile for a properly balanced RL mod (if such a thing can be made), even with industry / economy effects off, AI AEW loses its airtime and goes indie within a year with the April database.

I'm curious if anybody's going to do a legit hardcore sim and make a RL mod with economy effects on and set to straight up F.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Gonna have to wait awhile for a properly balanced RL mod (if such a thing can be made), even with industry / economy effects off, AI AEW loses its airtime and goes indie within a year with the April database.

I'm curious if anybody's going to do a legit hardcore sim and make a RL mod with economy effects on and set to straight up F.

I remember in TEW 13 I think it was, the real world mod I had always had WWE crash to Cult and mass-dump people, then ROH/TNA would rise up to Cult and it would be this crazy three-promotion bidding war whenever someone's contract came due.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Basic Chunnel posted:

Did you try the new 'Killing the Business' modern-day mod?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Part of that is at least with the TEW 16 April 2020 mod I'm using TNT is a terrible business partner, much less patient than its real life equivalent

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The rare 80% off deal

https://twitter.com/CeeHawk/status/1262805835765428228?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

imagine being the dork who paid 80 hard earned dollars for that

E: apologies; 90 dollars

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Is it worth getting solely for comedy value, i.e. glitches, making up mutant wrestlers, etc.? It's $15 on Steam, which is about the most I'd be willing to pay.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Is it worth getting solely for comedy value, i.e. glitches, making up mutant wrestlers, etc.? It's $15 on Steam, which is about the most I'd be willing to pay.

Having never played it I assume the answer is still no

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Did you try the new 'Killing the Business' modern-day mod?
Looked interesting, but I always liked how ridiculously comprehensive that old RL mod was. KTB looked to be more focused, at least at this early juncture.

I Before E posted:

Part of that is at least with the TEW 16 April 2020 mod I'm using TNT is a terrible business partner, much less patient than its real life equivalent
That makes a ton of sense!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

newLegacy, the people actively playing wrestling games for fun hijinks, basically only do Universe Mode simulations on it now and have moved on to actually playing literally every other game (the last three days they've done Mario Kart and Yoshi's Crafted World). So I'm just going to take a guess and say any price for that game that's above $9 is way too much; with it only having been out 7 months as of Friday, it'll definitely reach that price and get lower still this year

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I got it for under 10 and it was worth it. I’d buy the season pass if it wasn’t still 30 bucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'll wait for it to show up in the PSplus freebies section.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

I'll wait for it to show up in the PSplus freebies section.

Yeah, on reflection I don't want to give WWE whatever portion of the $15 they would get from me buying this dumpster fire of a game.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looked interesting, but I always liked how ridiculously comprehensive that old RL mod was. KTB looked to be more focused, at least at this early juncture.

That is correct. The intent was to create a database that would play well with 2020 when it came out rather than being all comprehensive.
I decided to sim until January 2022 in TEW 2016. Here's what happened.

1) Another database, another 'NJPW wins all the year end awards'. Except for MJF taking 'best young wrestler of the year'
2) WWE remains the most popular company in the world despite losing Roman, Braun, Becky Lynch, Drew, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Devitt, Nakamura, Armas, Owens and Zayn to AEW and making Jimmy Uso the Universal champion.
3) WWE's best match in the stretch was AJ Styles vs Lio Rush which got an 87.
4) AEW has pulled off 3 99 rated matches (no 100). Two of them are Moxley vs Cody. The other is Kenny Omega vs Jimmy Havoc. Bryan and Reigns have a 98 rated match in AEW.
4.5) Ok whomever put this database together loving loves them some Jimmy Havoc. 4 90+ rated matches. #26 on the Power 500.
5) The AEW world title has only changed hands once; from Moxley to Cody.
6) Despite all this AEW is only the 5th largest wrestling company in the world, trailing IMPACT and MLW somehow.
7) Becky and Seth have split up. Cole and Britt Baker have split up. Cody and Brandi have split up. Nyla Rose is dating Angelico.
8) 76 seems to be some kind of hard limit for women's match ratings.

I now think I'm going to buy TEW 2020 sooner rather than later. I want to see how this database works in that game.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 20, 2020

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

That doesn't sound particularly different, honestly - my TEW16 game with the old RL mod had AI WWE put their top strap on Xavier Woods, which is about par with an Uso.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

In my save Nyla hooked up with Nakazawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think Nyla works that way.