Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:lmao: just remembered we couldn't get on the same page and do the bare minimum to stop an immediate threat with a visible body count, and the survivors still think we have a chance in hell of coming together on and agreeing to stop climate change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

every day I awake to new and fresh levels of hatred

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

lol government bailouts are what Bloomberg thinks is the solution.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Der Meister posted:

every day I awake to new and fresh levels of hatred

Lol at the idea of sleeping

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is the largest football stadium in Florida, the 12th largest stadium in American college football, and the 18th largest stadium in the world, as measured by its official seating capacity of 88,548

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is the largest football stadium in Florida, the 12th largest stadium in American college football, and the 18th largest stadium in the world, as measured by its official seating capacity of 88,548

drat, we’re almost to Texas high school football levels

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KFF/status/1261696294399160325?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Biggest hospital in Knoxville now gets their hand sanitizer from a distillery.

Per my gf and her patients it smells distinctly like whiskey.

A detoxing psych patient got caught out of bed drinking it lmao

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

A hospital I moonlight at has been stretching their hand sanitizer and it smells distinctly like rum

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/amandamull/status/1261691995090812929?s=20

yeah i was wondering why my boss liked cuomo over newsom

i straight up wonder if things would be any better if it was a democrat running the show, if chuds would just be ignoring hillary out of spite

it'd probably be the same but with more guns yeah

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
they're going to force open the university here and they're really excited to have students who would "Rather attend classes in person" so i guess i get to go scratch all the pride poo poo off my car before chuds overrun the place and key my car :smith:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

How is the apparent absence of the predicted spike being explained anyways? ~3 weeks should be enough time for an increased case/fatality rate to show up and I dont think they can fudge the numbers quite that much

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FizFashizzle posted:

the FDA requirements for making hand sanitizer at distilleries are the same ones the WHO put out for people to make it in their own house. the WHO guidelines were designed for people in the middle of nowhere, so while the alcohol content is 70%, the rest is a bit iffy.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I got a bottle from a guy that works at a local distillery and it does smell like moonshine

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

err posted:

gently caress work and gently caress me

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

i straight up wonder if things would be any better if it was a democrat running the show, if chuds would just be ignoring hillary out of spite

Hillary would have also called it a Hoax, defunded the CDC, and would have "LIBERATED MICHIGAN!"

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Acelerion posted:

I got a bottle from a guy that works at a local distillery and it does smell like moonshine

I got some from a gin company and yeah it's basically over distilled gin at 80% and smells like gin

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

A hospital I moonlight at has been stretching their hand sanitizer and it smells distinctly like rum

Acelerion posted:

I found a big 32oz bottle at Target made by a brand I've never heard of and it smells exactly like bottom shelf tequila

glad to know it's not just me

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm on unemployment. i don't mind it.

i prefer it, actually

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
went out to get a couple cases of vodka, they took it to my trunk and just took a picture of my credit card through the window to charge it was great.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

How is the apparent absence of the predicted spike being explained anyways? ~3 weeks should be enough time for an increased case/fatality rate to show up and I dont think they can fudge the numbers quite that much

Some states aren't, and won't, report their cases or deaths.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jaramin posted:

Some states aren't, and won't, report their cases or deaths.

Some states like Florida are cooking the books and "corrected" deaths reported by county level medical examiners to support their Chud "Open Up ASAP!" reasoning.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wow flattened that curve hard

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

etalian posted:

Some states like Florida are cooking the books and "corrected" deaths reported by county level medical examiners to support their Chud "Open Up ASAP!" reasoning.

This is true even in non-chud states to a certain extent. In my county the Coroner's report on Covid deaths exceeds the state's by over 25% of the total.

For example, in GA this is their definition of a Covid-related death:

"Deaths: Defines the total number of Georgia residents who are confirmed COVID-19 cases that were reported as deaths on the Person Under Investigation (PUI) to DPH. These numbers might not reflectall deaths from COVID-19 due to challenges in attribution of the cause of death."

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

:lmao: just remembered we couldn't get on the same page and do the bare minimum to stop an immediate threat with a visible body count, and the survivors still think we have a chance in hell of coming together on and agreeing to stop climate change

if I already didn't have any hope that anything meaningful would ever get done about climate change, this pandemic would've buried it

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

shovelbum posted:

Time for more Classic Forums

I know in later years we all came to hate Martin Random (iirc?) but this is why we loved him, once.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1353420

It only gets worse from here...

lmao

free Martin Random

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Iirc lots of people in the metro area are still staying inside.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Iirc lots of people in the metro area are still staying inside.

Yeah, even in states that claim victory and allow a total re-opening most people are staying home.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mexico is clearly hiding cases, or just not testing enough

https://news.sky.com/story/mexico-city-underreporting-covid-19-deaths-sky-news-analysis-finds-11987235

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOcahxnQsak

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

peru is tiny compared to the others, wtf is going on there

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

COVID-420 posted:

soon (next week?) birx and trump will start loudly saying that the death tolls are questionable and it will become the new narrative of the right
They already have.

Washington Post, May 14

quote:

The White House has pressed the CDC, in particular, to work with states to change how they count coronavirus deaths and report them back to the federal government, according to two officials with knowledge of those conversations. And Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the administration’s coronavirus task force, has urged CDC officials to exclude from coronavirus death-count reporting some of those individuals who either do not have confirmed lab results and are presumed positive or who have the virus and may not have died as a direct result of it, according to three senior administration officials.

As of yesterday, the task force is doing its own death count, separate from the CDC's, because Birx says she "doesn't trust" the CDC's numbers.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Next Tuesday should be the real spike but yeah I'm surprised things are so low. Maybe only 25% of people are going out

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

it would have been funny see dewine blow up all the bridges over the ohio as bevin would 100 still be governor

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Why is it always tuesdays?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
didn't they try the same tactic when they sent troops to afghanistan?

"I'm not wearing body armor because of something i have"
"what's that?"
"dignity"
*music swells and he heriocly gives a thumbs up before driving off in a humvee without doors over an ied*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

Next Tuesday should be the real spike but yeah I'm surprised things are so low. Maybe only 25% of people are going out

It's also not like a bunch of people got exposed on the first day of reopening. This takes time to get a foothold before jumping off.

That said, it really does seem like casual contact isn't a huge source of spread but spending time in an enclosed space is. So lol at anyone going to restaurants or church right now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

apatheticman posted:

Why is it always tuesdays?

Tuesdays are when Mondays numbers get reported and there is always catch up from the weekend on Mondays.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

If you wear a mask and wash your hands after you get your order food delivery/curbside isnt a huge vector when compared with going to the grocery store.

I think theres an outbreak at one of the Ralph's in town.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

err posted:

gently caress work and gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mummy Xzibit posted:

If you wear a mask and wash your hands after you get your order food delivery/curbside isnt a huge vector when compared with going to the grocery store.

I think theres an outbreak at one of the Ralph's in town.

ive been taking the food out of the containers (not touching it) and throwing out the containers and washing my hands when i order food. been workin' out alright