Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i really miss teriyaki but all of the teriyaki places have locked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

How is the apparent absence of the predicted spike being explained anyways? ~3 weeks should be enough time for an increased case/fatality rate to show up and I dont think they can fudge the numbers quite that much

he picked a specific hospital chain, didn't look at the entire state (for which hospitalizations are still increasing)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

cooking the books and flat-out lying about case numbers and death tolls is the plan going forward, to diminish the need for social distancing and business closures

they're just hoping they can keep it going for as long as possible before we reach a critical point where everyone knows someone who has it or has died from it, because at that point the jig is up

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

fine those businesses up to $100k a day for each day they're open during lockdown

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1261678359638990849?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

anime was right posted:

it's not super hard to make, the sauce is mostly brown sugar and soy sauce

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

shovelbum posted:

pet/animal culture is cancer

You are a cancer

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

never admit fault

only destroy

truiap

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1261700229230817281?s=19

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

i wouldnt mainline twitter if i were you, it doesnt look safe

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

anime was right posted:

never have i ever seen a teriyaki yearn

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

anime was right posted:

I miss teriyaki too but that's more because I didn't know cheap teriyaki joints were a west coast thing until I left

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
chicken teriyaki boy

*claps*

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

people...like and want teriyaki?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

The Saucer Hovers posted:

look at this idiot, never been I flavor town. died a virgin

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

teriyaki’s drat good.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Blow your mind and make yourself some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ToDbeS8XU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

teriyaki is easy as poo poo make it yourself at home

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/J_GallagherAD3/status/1260298459405418496?s=19

https://twitter.com/ActionNewsNow/status/1261354067223142400?s=19

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the second u tell a nazi u made a mistake is the second they throw u in the new easy bake patriot apocalypse oven from ultrawarrior industries, live on the new infowars channel

whoever gets this question right gets to increase the heat!

*bzzzzzt*

karen chooses "trump and other gods" for $88 worth of electric current. remember karen if the skin dont bubble on this one, that money is coming out of ur kids leukemia gofundme that u have burdened america with its ok nobody is perfect i like non sick kids the best i work every day they give me these sick kids never been treated so bad i treat them great thank you :sad:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

karen chooses "trump and other gods"

trick question theres only one trumo :smugdon:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ribeye steak is 16.99/lb at the local kroger lmao

supply chains are working hard. thank you!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

ribeye steak is 16.99/lb at the local kroger lmao

supply chains are working hard. thank you!

The BBQ place I go to each week had zero brisket this week, Nooo!

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Teriyaki seems like a mid-2000s food along with cupcakes, ahi tuna steak, sliders, and sweet potato fries

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Capitalism has the nutrients supply chains crave

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao remember that article on how the funeral in GA led to 200 new cases before people found out it was Corona virus outbreak?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Yeah, look, wrt to spikes and consequences of opening up and stuff, you gotta remember that viruses don't work on a timeline that is satisfying or quick or easily understandable for anyone. We often expect things to be apparent right away, but that's just not the case. Spread of the virus has a time lag. Reporting has a time lag. Deaths have a time lag. Etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/is-reopening-safe-after-covid-19-we-wont-know-for-weeks/611743/

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

nah. shook nate was just right that a lot of people would ignore kemp and continue self lockdown for awhile so the numbers would be slow or flat.

Most places we used to eat pre-lockdown remain takeout only. Waffle House opened their dining room so I don't go there any more, but when I drive by there's maybe one family dining in.

I go grab take-out once or twice a week and I've noticed more and more people out and doing dumb poo poo. I still think we're going to see our slow decline flatten out and then possibly grow. Not sure we'll hit a spike unless people start doing dumb poo poo like birthday parties or returning to indoor church

edit: I think school is what's going to really determine what happens in the fall. If they send the kids back, we're hosed.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

delete this post

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Der Meister posted:

every day I awake to new and fresh levels of hatred

Haha :same: :xd:

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Biggest hospital in Knoxville now gets their hand sanitizer from a distillery.

Per my gf and her patients it smells distinctly like whiskey.

A detoxing psych patient got caught out of bed drinking it lmao

jfc

I’ve seen a couple of distilleries around TN sourcing spirits as sanitizer. the only kind I’ve personally seen was from a Nashville distillery and it was 100% corn spirits. I know of one in West TN that is selling stuff that smells like bad tequila.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

Yeah, look, wrt to spikes and consequences of opening up and stuff, you gotta remember that viruses don't work on a timeline that is satisfying or quick or easily understandable for anyone. We often expect things to be apparent right away, but that's just not the case. Spread of the virus has a time lag. Reporting has a time lag. Deaths have a time lag. Etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/is-reopening-safe-after-covid-19-we-wont-know-for-weeks/611743/

Given how the incubation period is 5 - 14 days days for most people we'll find in one month the real wisdom of red Chud states.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Biggest hospital in Knoxville now gets their hand sanitizer from a distillery.

Per my gf and her patients it smells distinctly like whiskey.

A detoxing psych patient got caught out of bed drinking it lmao

that last bit isn't super unusual. I worked at a state mental health facility that installed and then pretty quickly uninstalled hand sanitizer stations because the alcoholic patients would break them open and drink it.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Starks posted:

Teriyaki seems like a mid-2000s food along with cupcakes, ahi tuna steak, sliders, and sweet potato fries

Did you intended to post the menu of a mid scale Hawaiian restaurant? The kind that’s too nice to have Mac salad or pulled pork.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

etalian posted:

The BBQ place I go to each week had zero brisket this week, Nooo!

Is that brisket without calories? It has artificial "meatener" in it?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

http://api.wetmet.net/client-content/PlayerFrame.php?CAMERA=207-07-01&CFVER=WM&WIDTH=640&HEIGHT=360

lmao way to go nj

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

You probably don't want to hear this but because of the cares Act and the unemployment I am regularly getting $800 a week to stay home and I am covered through the end of July and do not have to look for work so basically I lucked the hell out but I'm angry that the same doesn't apply the most people I know a lot of people are still working and others who are furloughed weren't independent contractors so they don't get the additional 600 a week

Why would i be mad? Im glad someone is able to keep afloat in this fuckin' misery mire atleast. Corporations get helped first before the poor tho haha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

You probably don't want to hear this but because of the cares Act and the unemployment I am regularly getting $800 a week to stay home and I am covered through the end of July and do not have to look for work so basically I lucked the hell out but I'm angry that the same doesn't apply the most people I know a lot of people are still working and others who are furloughed weren't independent contractors so they don't get the additional 600 a week

this was me but then work called me back in and they’re gonna snitch if i don’t come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I never realized how much of a compulsion it is that some people just have to be out in crowded public places to feel normal.