Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I highly encourage all goons to loot the rotting corpse of uncle sam as long as they can if possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39gGj_pY6I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Just remembered that guy who was really into ALMO in cspam. Wonder what he's up to rn

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

That's a lot of people. Where is this?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

Yeah, look, wrt to spikes and consequences of opening up and stuff, you gotta remember that viruses don't work on a timeline that is satisfying or quick or easily understandable for anyone. We often expect things to be apparent right away, but that's just not the case. Spread of the virus has a time lag. Reporting has a time lag. Deaths have a time lag. Etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/is-reopening-safe-after-covid-19-we-wont-know-for-weeks/611743/

But I want schadenfreude NOW

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just having no one ever go to school again would be quite a change lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

That's a lot of people. Where is this?

Its Ocean City, New Jersey

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

corvid chat: watched a crow steal a baby bunny from its mom. v. tricky bird

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I have decided to extend the burning sensation of roni existence by getting really back into roguelikes.

Lawman 0 has issued a correction as of 19:51 on May 16, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Its Ocean City, New Jersey
Lmao that's a dry town too so they don't even have an excuse to be that crowded

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahah it’s not even Memorial Day yet

rip us all to death

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

try and beat Angband

it was an awesome game

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Though they probably just stocked up at that giant liquor warehouse before the bridge over

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i should have waited til i got the roni to muck out my chicken run...loss of smell would have been nice! thank you!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

try and beat Angband

it was an awesome game

I'm working on nethack rn and then I'm gonna finish a crawl game I had going a couple of versions ago.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i actually unironically, agree. talk to your coworkers about your anxiety, also your shared grievances about your work environment, and also the possibility of collective action and unionization

tv exec: no, no not like that

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I have a casting net for bait, 6 fishing rods and 8 reels, a few miles of fishing line and hundreds of hooks

I'll never starve, losers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

just having no one ever go to school again would be quite a change lol

I was ahead of the game as a child

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Wtf is a dry town. No booze as in run by Mormons or something??

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I started playing The Long Dark again for much the same psychological reasons.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

I'm working on nethack rn and then I'm gonna finish a crawl game I had going a couple of versions ago.

dungeon crawl SS is probably the best out of all I’ve ever played

it’s very tight except for imho some optional branches (which are optional). the thrill of ascending with the orb in that one is real

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

It's "family friendly"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

it’s not sold or available at restaurants

but people jsut have gigantic parties where the cheap decks on the beach houses collapse and kill scores of people a year

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1261225055096201216

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

weren't like 500 people a day dying of covid in NJ as recently as a couple weeks ago? I figured the fear would last longer there

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

cooking the books and flat-out lying about case numbers and death tolls is the plan going forward, to diminish the need for social distancing and business closures

they're just hoping they can keep it going for as long as possible before we reach a critical point where everyone knows someone who has it or has died from it, because at that point the jig is up

1/3 of the country is going to insist that the relatives they know who died of viral pneumonia in 2020 never had COVID.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

weren't like 500 people a day dying of covid in NJ as recently as a couple weeks ago? I figured the fear would last longer there

They at least are keeping the shops, amusement parks and arcades closed so it could be worse.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i had a patient look me in the eye and tell me she thinks she and her mother (who would be killed by a stiff breeze) had corona in january

they live on a farm in middle tennessee near the kentucky border

i really had no idea how to respond to that

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

they brought their rum ham

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

*drowning in a lake*
*bubbles up to the surface and uses my last breath to shout into the void*

"actually im dying WITH water in my lungs not OF water in my lungs"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

they brought their rum ham

Pretty sure they just stop at this place before heading in.
https://superliquorsnj.com/

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

chud facebook

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

I highly encourage all goons to loot the rotting corpse of uncle sam as long as they can if possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39gGj_pY6I

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pQElvVnrVA

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

Yeah but that was in North and Central Jersey. South Jersey may as well be a different state, and most of those people at OC right now are probably south jersey folk. South Jersey also hasnt been in decline for as long as North or Central lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

euphronius posted:

dungeon crawl SS is probably the best out of all I’ve ever played

it’s very tight except for imho some optional branches (which are optional). the thrill of ascending with the orb in that one is real

ive never played it but SS gave us the best thread in the history of the forums so its aight in my book

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266&perpage=40

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i had to explain bucees to a yank because of that meme and i said "a church for the gas station"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I never realized how much of a compulsion it is that some people just have to be out in crowded public places to feel normal.

These are the same people that stand way too close to you in line at the bank or something and don't understand why you keep swinging your elbows behind you to make some loving space BACK UP

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Just tell them Bucees is like Wawa except it's huge and the food is actually good

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

This is true for work culture too, but I remember it most strongly from when I was a kid so I'll use that as an example.

Who remembers being sick as a kid and for some reason it was seen as some moral failing, and if you didn't act like you were on the verge of death you'd get hit with such gems as "iF yOu FeEl GooD enOugH tO PlaY VidEoGamEs YoU fEEl gOoD eNouGh To gO tO SchoOl". I wonder how many grandmas we killed this way because authority figures thought we were just trying to get out of school

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/SarahMaslinNir/status/1261638453529399304
“He said do not open up your shops, barbershops, beauty parlors, nail salons, tattoo parlors,” Mr. LaLima said on Friday, referring to the governor. “So I didn’t.” Mr. LaLima, who spoke just after his release from a four-day hospitalization, began to get agitated. “It said you can work from home,” he said. “678 Broadway is my home!”

lmao, rules-lawyering COVID-19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bullfrog posted:

This is true for work culture too, but I remember it most strongly from when I was a kid so I'll use that as an example.

Who remembers being sick as a kid and for some reason it was seen as some moral failing, and if you didn't act like you were on the verge of death you'd get hit with such gems as "iF yOu FeEl GooD enOugH tO PlaY VidEoGamEs YoU fEEl gOoD eNouGh To gO tO SchoOl". I wonder how many grandmas we killed this way because authority figures thought we were just trying to get out of school

I'd always feel pretty lovely through the price is right but by the time animaniacs and power rangers came on I'd be feeling okay.