Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i dont meaan 2 brag but i would read all the insane emergency plans day 1 like oh gently caress this is what happend if super smallpox or w/e

altho i have always been a tactile lerner anyway perhaps it is better 2 experience the butt of the fema rifle gainst my skull as i insist piss tape is real &its just the flu openerup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Wrex Ruckus posted:

But what else am I supposed to mix with my beans?

Rice, for starters

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Surely people in the US are getting some form of unemployment pay or there would be legit riots by now no?

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
69 pages tho lol

Wrex Ruckus posted:

But what else am I supposed to mix with my beans?

bean is fagioli or something in italian &that is just 1 of many reasons a andrew cuomo presidency would b problematic

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm trying to remember the last time I had alcohol but I can't quite recall. I think it was the first week of april.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

I'm trying to remember the last time I had alcohol but I can't quite recall. I think it was the first week of april.

that may just mean you haven't stopped for a second

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What do INFORMATION
you want? You won't
By hook or by crook
get it we will

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

mycomancy posted:

Also, that's not what HIPPA legislates. It affects health care providers, people with direct access to someone's medical files, and business entities related to such things. Fuckers need to learn how laws work.

_learn_? These are chuds my friend

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/USCovidDeathBot/status/1261793563689414656
89k working hard thank you!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dex_sda posted:

police has started pepper spraying and batoning protesters in my country. they detained an opposition representative and a senator, both with immunity. what a shitshow lol.

i dont know how it works over there but in america you can only arrest or shoot someone with political immunity if you say "it's just been revoked!"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

[Covid-19 May] DANGEROUS FREEDOM

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

seattle plague rat posted:

i dont meaan 2 brag but i would read all the insane emergency plans day 1 like oh gently caress this is what happend if super smallpox or w/e

altho i have always been a tactile lerner anyway perhaps it is better 2 experience the butt of the fema rifle gainst my skull as i insist piss tape is real &its just the flu openerup

jimmy carter was the first president to actually read what was in the nuclear football plans

“wait why do we always nuke China when we nuke the soviets and vice versa” did not go over well

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

it’s gonna be wild if that very first estimate from the American Hospital Assn of 400,000 dead comes true

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

1.5 million cum infections

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Is that Boris?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

you could hit them int he face with a bat, then theyll need a face covering to stop the bleeding

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

CODChimera posted:

Surely people in the US are getting some form of unemployment pay or there would be legit riots by now no?

in virginia a lot of people are, but they’ve also started calling people back to work

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lolie posted:

I'm seeing reports now that 13 of the recovering sailors have tested positive for covid again and that 1 has tested positive for TB.

We're seeing a ton of people that never kinda get better. like their symptoms last for months. they don't get convalescent or anything but once every two weeks they get knocked on their rear end again for 4-5 days.

TB is endemic in the US but we don't get a poo poo because it's easily treated. If you get TB in the US your treatments are provided by the government and you'll be forced to home quarantine. not like covid poo poo like a deputy will sit outside your home and make sure you stay the gently caress in it.

We don't even test for it unless you work in healthcare. millions of americans likely have some stage of it.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

CODChimera posted:

They do, but it is a real question if many states are going to be able to pay it out in the next few months without further federal intervention.

The way things work out unemployment may just turn into an unofficial UBI, because if it stops, there is nothing left to prop up the country.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Some Chud states like FL have only processed 3% of the UI claims.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lolie posted:

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for early tests for novel diseases to be unreliable.

now do early vaccines for novel diseases! :ghost:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also Ron Desantis announced Gyms are allowed to start opening up this Monday at 50% capacity

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/05/15/ron-desantis-gyms-will-reopen-starting-monday/

quote:

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the state will move into a “full Phase 1” reopening starting Monday.

That means gyms, which have until now been excluded from the partial reopening that started May 4, can open at 50 percent capacity. Restaurants, retail shops, museums and libraries, which had been allowed to serve people at a quarter of their inside capacity, can now also serve patrons at 50 percent. Counties can apply to the state to allow vacation rentals. Even theme parks have been told to plan reopening, DeSantis said, by having their operators submit a safety plan to the state.

mystes
May 31, 2006

etalian posted:

Also Ron Desantis announced Gyms are allowed to start opening up this Monday at 50% capacity

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/05/15/ron-desantis-gyms-will-reopen-starting-monday/
Out of curiosity, what is 100% capacity for gyms? 100% of equipment in use?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1261796776111038464

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

etalian posted:

How would you even enforce this? What a nightmare

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

Out of curiosity, what is 100% capacity for gyms? 100% of equipment in use?

I think most of those "Capacity" regulations are based around the concept of a maximum building occupancy as decided by the fire ordinance.

So it's a number so high it's functionally useless as a restriction since the average Chili's or whatever is like "Max Occupancy 250" so going by those restrictions they could "only" have 100+ people inside.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

How would you even enforce this? What a nightmare

no one’s gonna be enforcing any occupancy limits in florida

or anywhere really

open er up

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/realDerekUtley/status/1261766613268860934?s=20

he can't help but be an unmitigated rear end in a top hat in public but at least he's doing it responsibly!

etalian posted:

a venn diagram of the kind of people who will flock to the gym the second it reopens purely out of spite and the people who never wipe down their equipment after using it is a circle

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Made my first bean thing in the crock pot, similar to budget bytes recipe but I didn't have onion or garlic handy. It turned out okay except I put in way more pinto beans than black beans, and the pinto beans were raw so I soaked them as per instructions, but they didn't get soft enough. So like half of this thing I made is pinto beans that aren't soft enough lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

fosborb posted:

now do early vaccines for novel diseases! :ghost:

Let's just say that I rather hope that the same people who've rushed out and bought anything which has been touted as a potential treatment/cure rush to get the first vaccines.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CODChimera posted:

is one of the side effects of covid deadpan comedy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/realDerekUtley/status/1261766613268860934?s=20

he can't help but be an unmitigated rear end in a top hat in public but at least he's doing it responsibly!

you know what if his “owning the libs” grift saves a couple of chud lives then good for him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Watch this video for a good FL laugh and more wisdom from Ron Desantis.

He claimed opening up gyms will help prevent Corona Virus deaths since it only kills people with pre-existing health problems.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/05/15/florida-gyms-studios-given-green-light-to-reopen-by-gov-ron-desantis/

quote:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis officially gave gyms, fitness centers and studios the OK to reopen starting Monday as Florida enters the full phase one of his reopening plans amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Fitness businesses have been shuttered since early April when Florida began a stay-at-home order.

Under the White House guidelines, gyms could have opened under the first stage but DeSantis said he held off on that step after speaking to state health officials.

DeSantis said all fitness centers need to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines on social distancing and sanitation. He also asked those working out to follow basic gym courtesies, such as wiping up after themselves.

“If you are sweating on the bar, clean the dip bar,” the governor said.

DeSantis said gyms with outdoor or warehouse-style spaces such as CrossFit will be better prepared to adhere to social distancing guidelines.

“Don’t we want people to be able to exercise? Don’t we want people to stay in shape,” DeSantis said, adding that healthy people are more resistant to severe cases of the coronavirus.

Under phase one reopening guidelines, gyms and fitness centers remained closed but nail and hair salons weren’t originally included in phase one, and DeSantis later allowed those to reopen as well.

That restriction was lifted after Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings wrote a letter requesting the governor to consider allowing personal care businesses to reopen. After meeting with Orlando barber and hair shop owners DeSantis granted the request.

“They’ve got great setups,” DeSantis said of hair and barbershops. “You go into these shops and it’s like going into an operating room.”

The governor referred to these new changes Friday as the “full phase one."

Under the expanded phase one, DeSantis is allowing restaurants and retail businesses to increase their capacity from 25% to 50%. The same goes for libraries and museums if approved by local governments.

The governor spoke about working with theme parks, including Disney World and Universal Orlando, on their reopening plans.

“Parks can submit reopening plans to the state," DeSantis said, adding the parks will also need an endorsement from local officials, such as the Orange County mayor.

Universal and Disney officials have not yet announced plans to reopen their theme parks in the U.S. Universal’s CityWalk shopping and entertainment venue opened Thursday and Disney Springs will open on May 20, in a limited capacity.

DeSantis said all professional sports are OK to begin training again.

“Once the season starts you can use our facilities,” he said.

Major League Soccer teams, including the Orlando City Lions, began training last week.

The only businesses not given the go-ahead to reopen in Florida that were included in the White House phase one reopening guidelines are movie theaters.

DeSantis said drive-thru theaters can continue to operate because they pose no risk for the virus spread and are “100% OK.”

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Looking forward to a rebuttal from Ann Coulter

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the dangerous, terrifying freedom of dining in at chili’s

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/notdred/status/1261623548432519170?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Bullfrog posted:

Yeah, look, wrt to spikes and consequences of opening up and stuff, you gotta remember that viruses don't work on a timeline that is satisfying or quick or easily understandable for anyone. We often expect things to be apparent right away, but that's just not the case. Spread of the virus has a time lag. Reporting has a time lag. Deaths have a time lag. Etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/is-reopening-safe-after-covid-19-we-wont-know-for-weeks/611743/

it's like how some aircraft can go into an unrecoverable oscillation because of the delay between input and effect. inexperienced or unqualified pilots would attempt to make corrections that would only worsen the situation.