Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

2 x :synpa: in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

Cuomo is definitely going to implement border checkpoints for people from "open" states after complaining about checkpoints other states set up for New Yorkers

Yeah but Upstate is still in quarantine, and chuds are already planning to travel from their locked down NY counties to places like the Finger Lakes where things are starting to open up

That, coupled with beaches reopening on Memorial Day, has bad news for NY written all over it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1261828809680183296?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1261840253175857152

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So millions of US citizens just don't have an income? My head hurts thinking about this poo poo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Thomashornall/status/1261635330760982529

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

So millions of US citizens just don't have an income? My head hurts thinking about this poo poo

Yeah in most US states they haven't even got close to processing the backlog of unemployment claims.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

my second biggest concern, besides being infected with rona going bankrupt from hospital bills infecting my loved ones and dying, is how much of a loving pain it’ll be to get back on UI if everything shuts down again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:hmbol:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

thinking about that u-haul in NYC with a bunch of rotting bodies stashed in it that people only noticed because of human goop dripping out of it and stinking the neighborhood up, except in texas/florida late spring heat and humidity

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

thinking about that u-haul in NYC with a bunch of rotting bodies stashed in it that people only noticed because of human goop dripping out of it and stinking the neighborhood up, except in texas/florida late spring heat and humidity

:yum:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

CODChimera posted:

why do you hate freedom

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Flesh Forge posted:

In my head I always just translate it as “reported deaths” and multiply the number by two

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CODChimera posted:

unemployment

for now

mystes
May 31, 2006

CODChimera posted:

That's why we need to give more money to job creators.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

gonna own when everyone's ui benefits will run out faster than job creation

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Spoondick posted:

gonna own when everyone's ui benefits will run out faster than job creation

they’ll either extend the benefits and really crank up that means testing or they’ll dole out another pitiful stimulus check and be like “job well done”

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

CODChimera posted:

Yes.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
People not having money to live off of is an intentional tactic to force states to open up and force people to risk their lives to go back to serving capital.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RandomBlue posted:

People not having money to live off of is an intentional tactic to force states to open up and force people to risk their lives to go back to serving capital.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

euphronius posted:

unemployment

for now

But, like, stick a handful of asterisks after unemployment.

etalian posted:

Yeah in most US states they haven't even got close to processing the backlog of unemployment claims.

I helped a friend file UI in Michigan right after the official stay at home, close the restaurants (they're a line cook at a bar down the street from me), started since they don't have a computer and trying to apply on a smartphone was even more hellish than via web browser.

They just reported last week that they got 6 weeks of back claim in one go.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

And they’ve been doing everything they can to hide that fact, including lying and denying information to their own employees.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Willias posted:

And they’ve been doing everything they can to hide that fact, including lying and denying information to their own employees.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I don't get where Nate is getting his numbers because today's numbers are as high as yesterday on a Saturday and as high as a week ago.

If anything it looks like the US instead of slightly drifting down is now going sideways if not possibly up.

Maybe he is...just full of poo poo?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's a huge residential construction project going on across the street from me (rural/exurb texas) and for a few days earlier this week there was an overpowering stench of rotting flesh and a lot of heavy earth mover equipment operating and now it's quiet and it smells fine, I'm sure everything is fine, unbelievably fine

Fine

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Nate is way in over his head but lmao.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ardennes posted:

I don't get where Nate is getting his numbers because today's numbers are as high as yesterday on a Saturday and as high as a week ago.

If anything it looks like the US instead of slightly drifting down is now going sideways if not starting to trend upward

Maybe he is...just full of poo poo?

He needs baseball to do stats on or he gets like this.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

RandomBlue posted:

and this is why they are going to fight giving aid to the states, so they can force the blue states to also.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Nate is just Gen X Newt Gingrich.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Lately I feel like the kid in all those 1950s martian invasion movies who recognizes everything the adults aren't able to see and gradually all the other characters are replaced by pod people or androids, it's a lot more fun to watch the movie than to be in it

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am the Strongest Man on Earth; my Lungs are Muscular; and will eject this Virus as a Nogoodnik is ejected from a Respectable Establishment; I have No Fear.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Lately I feel like the kid in all those 1950s martian invasion movies who recognizes everything the adults aren't able to see and gradually all the other characters are replaced by pod people or androids, it's a lot more fun to watch the movie than to be in it

there's a point past despair where you just go "gently caress it, I cant change this poo poo. lets just watch and lol and try to not die"

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, it is going to be a long long long wait, better just chill out and relax. This is just life now.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A Wild Animal posted:

I am the Strongest Man on Earth; my Lungs are Muscular; and will eject this Virus as a Nogoodnik is ejected from a Respectable Establishment; I have No Fear.

Tweet this at Biden at there's a 100% chance it'll be his new campaign slogan

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Ahh.

Although I'm not sure how effective that is going to be considering some industries are dead/heavily reduced capacity AND the virus will flare back up harder and faster than before...

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

#ronibreak

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/1261726168065212421

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1261725309507907585?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb