Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

should we chat about the necessity of suffering under capitalism while sipping on $1k bottles of wine on your yacht or mine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

uninterrupted posted:

5G is a bad idea in general so it’s not the worst that covid might end it.

it’s literally a protocol that has devices speak to and trust other devices the same way they do cell towers, with numerous exploits found before implementation. it’s only being pushed to create a surveillance state; no one’s still bitching about cell data speeds.

Wait what , I don't understand the device connecting part here

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squizzle posted:

this is some beautiful turn of the millennium quality tv animation

its sub par for even a mid budget video game. It is so awesome that the idea got pitched and they actually said yes, because now we get to see the trailers for it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This is bullshit OPEN THE ECONOMY BACK UP

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1262020427582451717
Wow! Great news!

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
stylists should have gotten a real job that allows them to stay home and touch computers imo. glad to see the cops cracking down on their poo poo, how dare these females and immigrants put our boys in blue at risk

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

i am harry posted:

If you live with your children you are allowed to give them a hug what the gently caress

:lol: if you think a child actually wrote that

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

moist turtleneck posted:

This is bullshit OPEN THE ECONOMY BACK UP

probably for thr best they had to stop shooting this night at the museum sequel

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Spoondick posted:

should we chat about the necessity of suffering under capitalism while sipping on $1k bottles of wine on your yacht or mine?

I enjoyed reading a nytimes article about the high end wine industry dying bc of millenials! and just smiled

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shageletic posted:

I enjoyed reading a nytimes article about the high end wine industry dying bc of millenials! and just smiled

How is that even possible? We were never the target? It's for rich boomers and rich boomers can still afford to buy it

Is it explicitly because we never reached our "spending potential" or something based on previous generational trends? Because of course a bunch of people still paying off loans are gonna be drinking yellowtail by the liter

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is it explicitly because we never reached our "spending potential" or something based on previous generational trends? Because of course a bunch of people still paying off loans are gonna be drinking yellowtail by the liter

mister moneybags over here too good for wine made in America

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How is that even possible? We were never the target? It's for rich boomers and rich boomers can still afford to buy it

yes

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Shima Honnou posted:

the only way americans see any more assistance at all is if every company is allowed to do that

Great, we're hosed again

Why is everything so abysmal?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

I suspect Kushner will announce a major victory in the war against the plague in late October, peace with honor, or somesuch.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

It is turning into a plague and this is good news because I can exploit it

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

boomers are the generation that couldn't figure out coffee and cooked casseroles their entire lives, how could they be more particular about wine than millenials

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Funnily enough CNBC has been one of the better sources of covid news for me the last few weeks

Anyway let's see what's happening:

Trump is apparently trying to play down the timeline for a vaccine lol

Unemployment is still climbing in China even though they did a good job of dealing with the virus

Millions of additional Americans will retire in poverty because of the virus and won't be able to recover financially gym this period

Gavin Newsom says California may not be able to open schools THIS FALL!!!

Alex Azar is openly lying about not seeing spikes in places that are reopening

Wuhan is up to 225,000 daily tests. This is like double the nationwide numbers in America lol

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Great, we're hosed again

Why is everything so abysmal?

:capitalism:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Funnily enough CNBC has been one of the better sources of covid news for me the last few weeks

Unemployment is still climbing in China even though they did a good job of dealing with the virus

Millions of additional Americans will retire in poverty because of the virus and won't be able to recover financially gym this period

Wuhan is up to 225,000 daily tests. This is like double the nationwide numbers in America lol

the economy is gonna be thoroughly hosed for years, isn't it

maybe it means i can get a decent house for cheap early next year?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Like look at this:

"And if we don't, we're going to be like so many other cases where you had a problem come in, it'll go away at some point, it'll go away," Trump said. "It may flare up and it may not flare up, we'll have to see what happens, but if it does flare up we're going to put out the fire and we'll put it out quickly and efficiently. We've learned a lot."

The president had been asked about his comments earlier in the event, when he said, "Vaccine or no vaccine, we're back. And we're starting the process. In many cases, they don't have vaccines and a virus or a flu comes and you fight through it."

He's still claiming the vaccine is coming but now he's preparing his audience to not care if there's no vaccine because It'll Go Away

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Wait what , I don't understand the device connecting part here

to deal w capacity issues there are plans to bounce signal through devices with good coverage to devices in bad coverage. hence why 5g is a big part of automation, devices can talk straight to each other if they’re within range.

which means you’re trusting other devices the same way you trust a cell tower right now (which is p much blind faith, that’s why stingrays are a thing).

now you might be saying “why even loving bother, I can stream tv on my phone just fine” which is what everyone else is saying. it’s getting pushed by governments to spy on people. the us isn’t claiming China is gonna use 5g to spy on us out of baseless racism, it’s projection and racism.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

I think someone predicted a thread or two ago that the USA would do the worst possible thing in terms of the economy and death, by having ineffective lockdowns followed by opening up prematurely. Good thing that didn't happen.

:911:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ChristsDickWorship posted:

boomers are the generation that couldn't figure out coffee and cooked casseroles their entire lives, how could they be more particular about wine than millenials
Marketing and money?

Funion posted:

I think someone predicted a thread or two ago that the USA would do the worst possible thing in terms of the economy and death, by having ineffective lockdowns followed by opening up prematurely. Good thing that didn't happen.

:911:
The US edging.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Skypie posted:

:capitalism:

the economy is gonna be thoroughly hosed for years, isn't it

maybe it means i can get a decent house for cheap early next year?

the virus is going to directly suppress lots of retail, travel, tourism and service industries for 2 years, then a recovery will begin to occur but probably not quickly because everyone will be too broke from wage losses and plague bills or cautious about spending money in such an environment

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Spoondick posted:

the virus is going to directly suppress lots of retail, travel, tourism and service industries for 2 years, then a recovery will begin to occur but probably not quickly because everyone will be too broke from wage losses and plague bills or cautious about spending money in such an environment

nah everything was fine the communists shut stuff down but we opened it up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sounds like it is over and needs to open up to save the economy. People will die and be crippled. This is life. 100k dead is all and that isn't a big deal.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Spoondick posted:

Look at you, posting from a continent where you do recoveries.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol a guy who would post that the virus is liberal bullshit on every single one of a nurse friends posts on Facebook’s wife just had to go to the hospital for covid and he is screaming about calling the police for harassment because we screenshotted his now deleted posts about how anyone who gets this is weak and survival of the fittest and posted them in response to his asking for prayers.

this is honestly the only news i want to hear

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ChristsDickWorship posted:

They also single handedly destroyed the beer industry until later generations discovered that beer didn't have to be macrobrew swill.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nothus posted:

They also single handedly destroyed the beer industry until later generations discovered that beer didn't have to be macrobrew swill.

yeah it took gen x to start home brewing and being like man my beer sucks but I’d like to try some made by someone who knows what they are doing

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

we have beaten the deadly plague

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the micro breweries started in the early 90s which I guess a little early for gen x to have started it

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
my mother has a friend whose father got covid in his assisted living home: tested positive, hospitalized, kept for several days with breathing problems that improved over time

he tested negative twice and was released back to his assisted living place

that same night, he was found unconscious there, re-hospitalized, and guess what? he's got the roni again, testing positive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Utz posted:

my mother has a friend whose father got covid in his assisted living home: tested positive, hospitalized, kept for several days with breathing problems that improved over time

that same night, he was found unconscious there, re-hospitalized, and guess what? he's got the roni again, testing positive

that doesn’t seem good

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

euphronius posted:

the micro breweries started in the early 90s which I guess a little early for gen x to have started it

The first were in 1980 (most notably Sierra Nevada), but that's because homebrewing was only made legal on a federal level the previous year. At its nadir in diversity in the late '70s I believe there were as few as 19 brewing companies in the United States.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

that doesn’t seem good

anecdotal, but worrisome

i have friends who have it too and they are recovering, and have officially been released from quarantine after only a single negative test (because there aren't enough tests to test 'em twice)

they want to think they can't get it again but i'm trying to convince them they're not necessarily immune OR non-infectious

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Bearjew posted:

we have beaten the deadly plague

yes, we defeated Corona-chan. But shortly before turning into a skull-shaped puff of smoke, she had this to say:

quote:

I... have not been defeated... as long as evil exists in the hearts of humans... I will always return!

probably nothing to worry about though

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Honestly impressed how good the death suppression #s have been so far in May. I was expecting 2.5k daily by now.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Utz posted:

Doesn't cytokine storm happen around the 7-10 day mark after people start feeling better

If they're not keeping people hospitalized that long, then yeah they're going to crash and burn eventually

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

MorrisBae posted:

Doesn't cytokine storm happen around the 7-10 day mark after people start feeling better

If they're not keeping people hospitalized that long, then yeah they're going to crash and burn eventually

i think so, but in this case he tested negative twice before they let him out of the hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Utz posted:

i think so, but in this case he tested negative twice before they let him out of the hospital

If someone is admitted and treated for less than a week, I don't think it's possible for a test to show negative unless the tests are faulty - the body can't clear the virus that fast

Good news - most of the tests are faulty!