Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

my job basically only does no-contact services if the customer wants, never stopped sending people into customer's homes, and provided no masks until yesterday, and it was a single surgical mask we were told to reuse.

i don't think they are taking this seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Utz posted:

i think so, but in this case he tested negative twice before they let him out of the hospital

sounds like the Abbott Labs Rapid Test is working (to Rapidly get people Back to Work)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

chinese ambassador died of CardIAc arrest, it seems.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
https://twitter.com/NYinLA2121/status/1261744039973384193?s=20

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1261933953394577410

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

chinese ambassador died of CardIAc arrest, it seems.

Cardi A

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

MorrisBae posted:

If someone is admitted and treated for less than a week, I don't think it's possible for a test to show negative unless the tests are faulty - the body can't clear the virus that fast

Good news - most of the tests are faulty!

yes, i think a lot of the tests are faulty

i don't know how long they kept him in the hospital the first time

number go up

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

drat I kinda feel happy to live in New Jersey now, even though I lost both of my grandparents to the virus (one survived the virus but was so weakened by the ordeal he went into hospice.)

Bergen county has been very serious about the lockdown and I think that’s why our numbers of new cases have significantly declined from the highs we had in April. but then I saw the video of all the chuds out at the boardwalk, and I feel like it’s only a matter of time before it comes back.

we seriously need to build a wall at the raritan river to block off the southern chudlands of Jersey

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

cardi not gonna b ambassador no more

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Utz posted:

yes, i think a lot of the tests are faulty

i don't know how long they kept him in the hospital the first time

number go up

In a perfect world where all the tests worked, you'd probably want a patient to test negative for active COVID and also positive for antibodies before their release

I wonder how quickly insurers are pressuring hospital administrators to shuffle COVID patients out of facilities once they're stable

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife's job doesn't know when they're going to reopen. They said June 1 for the longest time, then sent out an email Friday at 6 saying that was under review. But they are still expected to come back for outdoor team building tomorrow for one day. Or as I call it "you can have little a infection, as a treat"

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/hhs-secretary-says-trumps-warp-speed-vaccine-may-not-be-safe-and-effective-but-well-have-it/

quote:

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Sunday admitted that the Trump administration’s so-called “Warp Speed” vaccine effort could produce hundreds of millions of doses that are neither safe nor effective.

Azar made the remarks during an appearance on Face the Nation with host Margaret Brennan.

“Is the pledge 300 million Americans will be able to get a shot in their arm by the end of the year?” Brennan asked.

“That’s a goal,” Azar explained. “What happened is these drug companies and vaccine makers said it’s all going to take this amount of time because they’re using their traditional approaches.”

“The president said that’s not acceptable,” he continued. “We’re going to scale up commercial manufacturing and produce hundreds of millions of doses at risk. They may not pan out, they may not prove to be safe and effective but we’ll have it so we can begin administration right away.”

what the gently caress

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It really is amazing just how terrible the US is at testing. The rest of the world has had fairly reliable tests since February and we're stuck with the president's son in law's friend's company that may or may not have had a surplus of fun dip and just made some tests out of that.

I would love to know if my symptoms were covid so I could get studied or at least feel less anxious about my wife going back to work for little bits or deciding she's getting bored and wants something special for dinner so it's time to go to the store.

It's legit going to end my marriage lol

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah we're all going to die

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ay carumba!

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think they are going to have it ready if it turns out to work, not have people take it before they know.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hahaha can you imagine the death toll from covid is 250k but then we have over 30 million people just go sterile overnight?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
*deep breath*
thurston howell iii was a terrible, terrible person but at least he was a good man. he was actually capable of love, compassion and on more than one occasion charity for charity's sake. he was able to work with others and was competent in both his very evil business practices and the more practical day to day island life.
while he was a spoiled, rich, entitled, evil rear end in a top hat but at least there was actually another side of him.
in other words he was better than trump in every single way.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao trying to make even more fodder for the anti-vaxxers?

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mystes posted:

I think they are going to have it ready if it turns out to work, not have people take it before they know.

Look at this rube not knowing what timeline he's in

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is not the least bit concerning, nope not at all

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

mystes posted:

I don't think the president who said "building too many ventilators would be a waste of money" is planning on making vaccines for everyone and then letting them sit unused

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
the us government would never do unethical medical testing on people that’s crazy

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MorrisBae posted:

I don't think the president who said "building too many ventilators would be a waste of money" is planning on making vaccines for everyone and then letting them sit unused

hahaha oh gently caress you're right

mystes
May 31, 2006

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Look at this rube not knowing what timeline he's in
I mean they're probably going to rush approval and gently caress it up and maybe there will be tons of adverse events or it won't be effective, but my point is that I don't think he's literally saying what you think he's saying.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

reality continuing to take cues from insane conspiracy theories

who will be the first politician outed as an honest-to-god lizard person? I want to say McConnell, but watch it be RGB

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“May not be safe but-“

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
having a lot of negative thoughts about people like this guy

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1261861847667363841

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Slippery Nipple posted:

reality continuing to take cues from insane conspiracy theories

who will be the first politician outed as an honest-to-god lizard person? I want to say McConnell, but watch it be RGB

We already know McConnell is a turtle, but my bet on actual lizard person is Kushner

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
[Covid-19 October] He was literally saying what we thought he was saying

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

went out to get a couple cases of vodka, they took it to my trunk and just took a picture of my credit card through the window to charge it was great.

Enjoy your new credit score of 69

mystes
May 31, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

[Covid-19 October] He was literally saying what we thought he was saying
Lol.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

having a lot of negative thoughts about people like this guy

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1261861847667363841

We aggressively locked down, you piece of poo poo. Also some of those counties have barely any people and any cases were transfered to larger facilities.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
I started off my morning arguing with people on reddit about serology tests, so that's a good way to spend my time, I guess.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nikosoft posted:

We aggressively locked down, you piece of poo poo. Also some of those counties have barely any people and any cases were transfered to larger facilities.

It's great how Chuds use a low death rate to justify the logic that the lockdown and social distancing emergency order wasn't needed.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
OPERATION WARP SPEED

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

nikosoft posted:

I started off my morning arguing with people on reddit about serology tests, so that's a good way to spend my time, I guess.

drat you got owned

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

ain't putting that poo poo in me

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Skypie posted:

so i mentioned a few days ago about my wife going back to work and getting the store ready and stuff. Well it turned out all those shifts were supposed to be voluntary per corporate instructions but her store manager decided to leave that part out when passing on instructions

my wife found out by walking in to the office area to get supplies while the manager was discussing it with his assistant managers and she was like "what the gently caress" and they asked her not to tell anyone

She immediately told everyone else about that bullshit, which led to several people going "hey gently caress you" and quitting on the spot while a couple others are mulling it over. The manager tried to blame her for it and she asked me if she did the right thing and I said "uh yes. That is dangerous poo poo because it means he's willing to conceal information. What happens if someone gets the virus, will he try to hide that too while asking everyone to still come to work?"

your wife owns, gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Bip Roberts posted:

drat you got owned

I owned myself! I am usually pretty good about just Reading and Never Posting, but someone talking about how the CDC said the Roni was here in November and peopled died from it, and also 1 out of 3 people already have it, and I kind of just snapped.