Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Please move on from this conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Need a separate thread for dink/DINK/DNQ chat.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Ultra Carp

Loden Taylor posted:

Need a separate thread for dink/DINK/DNQ chat.

:doink:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I accidentally posted my input on this to the tcc benzo thread let's take it over there

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gov Cuomo took the brain tickle covid test during a press conferenxe, which to me, is him basically making trump look like a bitch.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/taylorlorenz/status/1262102042027462657?s=21

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Lilly Wachowski telling them both to gently caress off was great.

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1262105140892512258

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Canadian Forces Snowbird jet crashed during a morale tour across the country. One of two pilots dead

gently caress 2020, this poo poo sucks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
For a goddamn ego stroking flyover?

So loving dumb.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I'm watching a bit of BBC news. The argument the conservative government has for reopening schools right now is that they don't think children can transmit covid-19.

:vince:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There has got to be a threshold where you become just too loving stupid to live.

Like seeing all my Florida brethren back home posting pictures on Facebook going boating and BBQing with all their buds as if social distancing merely meant avoiding strangers.

And the strangely aggressive "nobody better tell me to put on a mask if they know what's good for them!".

Their brains have been completely rotted by Fox news.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ded posted:

So I'm watching a bit of BBC news. The argument the conservative government has for reopening schools right now is that they don't think children can transmit covid-19.

:vince:

the fact that we're just now discovering that children who get covid and don't seem to have major symptoms are instead getting a new, more exciting illness a few weeks later and people are still pushing for the schools really adds that special spice to this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Im not exactly sure when I gave up entirely on this country but it's been a while now

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

March 1, 2020 for me

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My biggest takeaway has been the absolute failure of the American Public School system. The amount of people who do not understand basic concepts of math, science, and medicine- in areas that should be covered in school has broke my brain.

That and that 30% of America are cultists with no views beyond what dear leader tells them.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

bulletsponge13 posted:

My biggest takeaway has been the absolute failure of the American Public School system. The amount of people who do not understand basic concepts of math, science, and medicine- in areas that should be covered in school has broke my brain.

That and that 30% of America are cultists with no views beyond what dear leader tells them.

I'm gonna place the blame on the parents and communities more than anything. Public school can only do so much when you grow up in an anti-intellectual and authoritarian atmosphere.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

My biggest takeaway has been the absolute failure of the American Public School system.

While education level is probably a predictor of chudliness, I feel lack of empathy for strangers is probably a better predictor.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bulletsponge13 posted:

The fact that I have a better understanding of the american civil rights movement than the people I asked in discord is hosed yo

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The fact that I have a better understanding of the american civil rights movement than the people I asked in discord is hosed yo

In fairness, the textbooks we used in school at the time were written while it was happening.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

McNally posted:

In fairness, the textbooks we used in school at the time were written while it was happening.

And the ones mostly in circulation now cater to Texas.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
At least floridians know they're trash

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Civil Rights Movement as taught in American schools: Rosa Parks sat at the front of the bus, MLK gave a speech about how everyone should just get along, and then everyone stopped being racist forever. The end.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
My science textbook had a chapter devoted to how scientists hoped to someday harness fire rather than be frightened of it and its periodic table only had six elements.

My social studies book spelled Congress with an ſ

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Gotta learn about Tek Wars eventually

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Earth, air, fire, water, spirit, and...?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Earth, air, fire, water, spirit, and...?

Tungsten.

It was a weird book.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Gotta learn about Tek Wars eventually

Was Hop on Pop banned?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

McNally posted:

Tungsten.

It was a weird book.

Wolfram you loving heathen

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wolfram you loving heathen

No, it said tungsten. That's how weird a book it was.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Was Hop on Pop banned?

Someone tried in Toronto. It didn't work. But they did try.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thomamelas posted:

The Great Butter Battle is usually the Seuss book that gets dumped on for insinuating that maybe war is dumb.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Lorax is on the fbi's most wanted list for shenanigans he got up to with ELF

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Thomamelas posted:

I looked it up, a Father's Rights group protested that the book was promoting violence against fathers.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

McNally posted:

Tungsten.

It was a weird book.

Would have just guessed a generic "metal" not that they would have named one. Good on them for putting in the extra effort

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
In 2045 we'll still be losing the War on Drugs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo, weed's won its' war. That stimulus bill had a cannabis banking bill tossed in it. Once that actually gets through, it's only a matter of time before it's rescheduled.

poo poo, mushrooms have been making a big push lately too. Matter of time before that domino falls too.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

PeterCat posted:

I looked it up, a Father's Rights group protested that the book was promoting violence against fathers.

Yep. And they demanded that the Library system for Toronto pay the medical bills of any fathers whose kids jumped on them.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

PeterCat posted:

We have that book and my wife has encouraged my two year old to hop on pop multiple times. Rib injuries are not a joke. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I remember enjoying this, but I can't remember a single thing about it. I'm sure it's loving awful though.