Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Probably to cut Shaun King and the like off before they tweet about the beer can being planted and then cops doing a brutality. (Yes, those things do happen, and I'm not justifying the illegal actions by pieces of poo poo, but bogus claims of abuse happen as well)

As someone who met Shaun King before he was a thing, gently caress you for pretending that he has to go out looking for stuff and that he is not constantly inundated with terrible soul crushing material at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The only Shaun King I know anything at all about was that mediocre post-Dilfer/pre-Brad Johnson QB the Bucs had for a few seasons. I’m fine keeping it that way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's possible Oliver had the gun within reach in the car without a concealed carry license, which is illegal in Texas

If you don't have a license, it has to be stowed in a case and stored somewhere you can't reach it while driving like in the trunk

But yeah Texas doesn't have gun registration at all. I don't have a CHL so I don't know if you register the gun when you get one or not, I would suspect not

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I’m Thinking about Andy dalton wearing a cutoff shirt that says “Obama can’t take these guns” and smiling serenely

NOT because he’s a cowboy now

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Athantos asked y’all so nicely

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wasn't really trying to debate the merits of anything, just a possibility on why Oliver might have been arrested but I'll drop it

The drunk driving this is the worse thing

e: I also replied without seeing Athanatos's post, whoops

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

As someone who met Shaun King before he was a thing, gently caress you for pretending that he has to go out looking for stuff and that he is not constantly inundated with terrible soul crushing material at all times.

I didnt pretend anything, so gently caress you back I guess?

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Chichevache posted:

Probably to cut Shaun King and the like off before they tweet about the beer can being planted and then cops doing a brutality. (Yes, those things do happen, and I'm not justifying the illegal actions by pieces of poo poo, but bogus claims of abuse happen as well)

What the gently caress is this "both sides" bullshit?

Athanatos posted:

I know we have a lot of D&D posters in here

Ah.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol we’re not gonna make it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Hopkins FBI posted:

What the gently caress is this "both sides" bullshit?

He's a cop..

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Lol and that’s his only post in the thread. I swear Chiche is just a magnet for terminally D&D brains. Stay strong Chiche

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BrownThunder posted:

Lol and that’s his only post in the thread. I swear Chiche is just a magnet for terminally D&D brains. Stay strong Chiche

I'm gonna make a punisher skull gang tag with a thin blue line.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Acab

All cowboys are bad

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Acab

All cowboys are bad

Tony Romo was one of the good ones

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Good Cowboys Quit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Tony Romo was one of the good ones

But following the thin blue and silver line, he covered for the bad ones making him just as bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Congrats to the Chargers, 10 year offseason champs in a row

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1261385719261650945

Now now, the Browns were offseason champions last year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Now now, the Browns were offseason champions last year

It's funny that the Chargers are a perfect trap year after year though. Good to awesome roster on paper, everyone gets hurt and things go to poo poo, rinse and repeat.

This year feels weird for this though since Rivers is gone and I always thought he was a big part of the phenomenon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It's funny that the Chargers are a perfect trap year after year though. Good to awesome roster on paper, everyone gets hurt and things go to poo poo, rinse and repeat.

This year feels weird for this though since Rivers is gone and I always thought he was a big part of the phenomenon.

I feel confident in that the Chargers probably have the best roster of the 8 last place teams.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

I feel confident in that the Chargers probably have the best roster of the 8 last place teams.

That was true during the middle of last season too, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

That was true during the middle of last season too, though.

Yeah, just saying that that's probably why they got picked. The Chargers always have a good roster on paper.

And Tyrod is probably an upgrade over Rivers now.

Hopefully we can win a division game next year

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, just saying that that's probably why they got picked. The Chargers always have a good roster on paper.

And Tyrod is probably an upgrade over Rivers now.

Hopefully we can win a division game next year

Maybe with the new stadium and cool jerseys, they’ll get some people to root for them at their “home” games in LA.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

1988 redzone for those who missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0uGxv36Yc

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Watching the 2013 Sunday Night Football season opener. I'm eagerly awaiting the play where Jacoby Jones gets obliterated by his own teammate on a kickoff return.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jacoby Jones absolutely owning not one but two 49ers defenders and scoring a touchdown in a play where he was literally lying on his back after catching the ball will never cease to amaze me

He was magical in 2012

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 18, 2020

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ah, there it is.

The culprit was some rookie by the name of Brendon Trawick(?), staring across the field at some Broncoes ST'er who's nowhere near him. Jones is calling for the fair catch the whole time. Spoiler alert: he doesn't get it. Broncoes down it at the one. God that was such a stupidly amazing play.

Edit: or not. It hit David Bruton and they marked it down there. Nice sundae no cherry.

Lol very next play is Flacco throwing a pick.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 18, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is the good stuff

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Quiet Feet posted:

Ah, there it is.

The culprit was some rookie by the name of Brendon Trawick(?), staring across the field at some Broncoes ST'er who's nowhere near him. Jones is calling for the fair catch the whole time. Spoiler alert: he doesn't get it. Broncoes down it at the one. God that was such a stupidly amazing play.

Edit: or not. It hit David Bruton and they marked it down there. Nice sundae no cherry.

Lol very next play is Flacco throwing a pick.

I was very sore about this game since in theory the Ravens were going to open up at home as the Super Bowl champs, but the suck-rear end Orioles had a game already scheduled and they refused to work around it. Instead they go to Mile High and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the season by getting blown out.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I was very sore about this game since in theory the Ravens were going to open up at home as the Super Bowl champs, but the suck-rear end Orioles had a game already scheduled and they refused to work around it. Instead they go to Mile High and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the season by getting blown out.

Oh hey, I forgot about the lost home game aspect.

It was a really nice close game in the first half though. Baltimore had a lot of bad breaks and you have to think it'd be a bit closer without a few of them like the Wes Welker drop in the 3rd that got called a catch but the Ravens didnt challenge.

Really though it's just an honor to see noted offensive genius Adam Gase in action.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

We could have made it easier on ourselves by making more of an effort to keep Anquan Boldin but in typical Newsome fashion he ignored the WR position and we went into the season with Torrey Smith as the #1 wideout.

Both times the Ravens won the SB they did not get to open up at home. That is pretty dumb

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Again, those are for private claims facing body cams. Your comments read to me that we are willfully throwing away his 4th amendment rights and blasting his info on the off chance an officers motives or procedure was questioned. That’s terrifying.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I haven't done crim in forever, and that's in TX not Florida. They couldn't release that video in Florida until it met public record requirements.

I'm not certain your license plate in Texas is considered private information.

I mean our public record requirements are... universally lauded as laughable.

That last sentence is what shocks me. I would destroy that department if they released my high profile clients plate that like - you’re opening up his entire file to the public (they research the plate, see an LLC this random, realize that’s Ed Oliver, Ed gets stalked etc)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Again, those are for private claims facing body cams. Your comments read to me that we are willfully throwing away his 4th amendment rights and blasting his info on the off chance an officers motives or procedure was questioned. That’s terrifying.

We already have automatic license plate readers and courts seem to allow cops to run license plates without any probable cause or suspicion. I think if you dont want people's info "blast[ed]", you should probably just keep that super super secret license plate in your garage where no one can ever see it.... out in public? :confused:

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean our public record requirements are... universally lauded as laughable.

That last sentence is what shocks me. I would destroy that department if they released my high profile clients plate that like - you’re opening up his entire file to the public (they research the plate, see an LLC this random, realize that’s Ed Oliver, Ed gets stalked etc)

I think the federal government addressed this, but I'm just a dummy who doesnt care about anyone's 4th amendment rights. Could you explain why you think this is such an issue? I looked at legalbeagle.com and it looks like a pretty limited group of people that can look up license plate numbers.

https://legalbeagle.com/7162297-do-license-plate-identification-illinois.html

www.legalbeagle.com posted:

If you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident and manage to jot down the plate number, you may want to find out how to look up a license plate number. Of course, a thief who see an expensive sports car might also hope to get the owner's address. So might a college student who likes the looks of the driver in the next lane. Or a crazed fan who intends to kidnap a celebrity.

That's why the federal government passed the Driver's Privacy Protection Act in 1993. It prohibits states from allowing their motor vehicle departments to hand out private owner information in license plate look-ups.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Please stop

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

If you continue to infringe upon my first amendment right to annoyingly post my thoughts I will have my lawyer PM you.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chiche I’m really not sure how something the police have the right to do during the course of duty matters to the average person.

And re: the license plate thing this is where i actually know less. I can look up any plate through lexis nexus currently so... how?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

football

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

And re: the license plate thing this is where i actually know less. I can look up any plate through lexis nexus currently so... how?

Looking at Lexis Nexis (which I don't use, so forgive me if I misunderstand it) it looks like you would be committing a crime if you didnt follow one of the permissible uses. I assume you would be searching with a "litigation" permission because of your career. I dont know how lexis Nexis verifies whether or not you have a right to know and need to know about that particular license plate, but I'm assuming if they found out you were abusing your right to it, you would lose your permissions on Lexis Nexis plus whatever consequences the feds give for violating the DPPA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that must be a Washington thing or a PD thing because that absolutely does not apply here and boy howdy am I resenting the implication