Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I listen to CDs in my car

I mean I own them already, why not

Much more often listening to podcasts though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Bloop posted:

I listen to CDs in my car

CDs nuts

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

gottem

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ahahahaha

:smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

bike tory posted:

Its from Race to Witch Mountain which was in 2009. So still pretty late to be listening to CDs in the car tbh

I drove a 2005 until like a year ago, so it was CDs or nothing. I finally got a new car, so now I can keep my tunes on a nice high-tech USB stick.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

I drove a 2005 until like a year ago, so it was CDs or nothing. I finally got a new car, so now I can keep my tunes on a nice high-tech USB stick.

Can you not get those short range radio transmitter things that you plug your phone into then tune your radio to the frequency?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://i.imgur.com/gTLoYuL.mp4

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

bike tory posted:

Can you not get those short range radio transmitter things that you plug your phone into then tune your radio to the frequency?

Those are typically garbage and the sound quality varies a lot.

I bought an old Jeep, a 2006 LJ last year and it had this awful looking aftermarket Sony radio in it that didn’t even have Bluetooth. Like, I guess the owner swapped it out for some reason in like 2008 or whatever, but this was just a base radio that didn’t have any functionality over the stock one from Jeep. So I found a company that adds Bluetooth connections to old factory radios so that your car can look stock but still play tunes. Cost my like $180 but it was worth it imho.

beanieson has a new favorite as of 01:45 on May 18, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
these are great

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

my radio thinger sounds fine but that could be more a reflection of the poor quality of the speakers in my 20 year old car

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

beanieson posted:

Those are typically garbage and the sound quality varies a lot.

I bought an old Jeep, a 2006 LJ last year and it had this awful looking aftermarket song radio in it that didn’t even have Bluetooth. Like, I guess the owner swapped it out for some reason in like 2008 or whatever, but this was just a base radio that didn’t have any functionality over the stock one from Jeep. So I found a company that adds Bluetooth connections to old factory radios so that your car can look stock but still play tunes. Cost my like $180 but it was worth it imho.

What was the company?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Trevor Hale posted:

What was the company?

https://1factoryradio.com/

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

these are great

I feel like Commando memes would be a new and exciting place.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tag yourself I'm tits

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dixville posted:

Tag yourself I'm tits

Hi Tits, I’m Dad :dadjoke:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

bike tory posted:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Why not both?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

each one got better and better, except for the ones i removed

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Trevor Hale posted:

What was the company?

I went with Grom. Plugs into the stock CD changer port and you can control everything though the head unit.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hi Tits, I’m guy with dad bod :dadjoke:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dixville posted:

Tag yourself I'm tits

I'm Fuckboy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I'm Fuckboy

Hi Fuckboy, I’m Dad :dadjoke:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

beanieson posted:

Hi Fuckboy, I’m Dad :dadjoke:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm Fuckboy

Buenos dias.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Dixville posted:

Tag yourself I'm tits

I'm the boy with long hair, but only because of the quarantine.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I have one of those too but the tape deck is hosed so it doesn't work well.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

bike tory posted:

I used to use one of those when I had a car with just a CD player, no aux, USB, or Bluetooth.

They kinda work, but if you go on long drives, you have to keep changing the station on it to whatever's empty in the area. And in some parts of the country, it can be hard to find. Also, there were a few times I'd pull up next to someone at a red light who was using one on the same channel, and we'd get the music bleeding together.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I keep two emergency CDs in my car in case the bluetooth connection to my phone is acting weird and it's safer to just press "CD" than fish out the aux cable while driving

I have a CD in my car of songs from the marquesas islands that was given to me 5 years ago and has never been removed from the cd player and also I never got the Bluetooth figured out in it and someone stole my antenna off the top of the car, so the CD has gotten some use when I've been out of cell service and the radio stops working 10 miles out of town.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Volcott posted:

Buenos dias.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

superb!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

I keep two emergency CDs in my car in case the bluetooth connection to my phone is acting weird and it's safer to just press "CD" than fish out the aux cable while driving

What are your two emergency CDs?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bike tory posted:

Sound like poo poo if you live in a populated area
Many cars in the 2000s shipped with only a CD player standard. Tape decks became more rare when.. people stopped listening to tapes. My 2002 Grand Prix can go gently caress itself for making me use one of those transmitters that sounded like rear end.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

TVs Ian posted:

I used to use one of those when I had a car with just a CD player, no aux, USB, or Bluetooth.

They kinda work, but if you go on long drives, you have to keep changing the station on it to whatever's empty in the area. And in some parts of the country, it can be hard to find.

Two cars ago, I had a trunk-mounted CD changer. Everything was aftermarket and kind of janky, but it's what was already installed when I bought the whole thing used. To hear the CD, you had to tune the radio to a certain frequency. The sound was great, and I never had any trouble with outside interference, so I always figured the transmitter was hardwired directly onto the antenna somehow. No idea if that's actually true as I have no idea how these things actually work. (Now if only the CD shock-protection actually HAD worked...)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

beanieson posted:

What are your two emergency CDs?

Saccage - Death Crust Satanique
Saccage - Recidive

Basically crust punk

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Last Chance posted:

Sound like poo poo if you live in a populated area

Many cars in the 2000s shipped with only a CD player standard. Tape decks became more rare when.. people stopped listening to tapes. My 2002 Grand Prix can go gently caress itself for making me use one of those transmitters that sounded like rear end.

Yep. 2007 with only a CD player and no aux or Bluetooth.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

bike tory posted:

I had one of those in high school that was ridiculously strong. It had no problem broadcasting over existing radio channels. People told me they could hear my second generation iPod jamming out to Oasis on their radios once I got into a parking lot or drove near them on a highway. We used to go to parking lots at night and make people's radios play Weird Al or the Ben Folds cover of Bitches Ain't poo poo.

Apple changed up their plugs, and I never found a new transmitter that worked half as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

This is around a month old, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see it posted here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!