Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The US really needs to get more contactless payment systems set up, no need to hand your card over to a stranger then, they would just bring the reader to you and you tap your card and you're done.
I'm glad that Australia was already doing this before the virus hit so that places going cashless wasn't an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Colorado has officially started hiding its death numbers. "Died with Covid-19" is now state policy. Death toll dropped by 30%.

quote:

Source: The New York Times
Colorado offers an alternative, much lower, count of its Covid-19 deaths.

What is the difference between “deaths among Covid-19 cases” and “deaths due to Covid-19”? In Colorado, that distinction in wording changes the total by about 30 percent.

Until Friday, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment had been including anyone who had Covid-19 at the time of death in the official total, a practice consistent with the C.D.C.’s counting criteria. By that reckoning, Colorado had 1,192 deaths as of Friday.

But the state said it would now also report a lower figure — those for whom the disease is considered the sole cause of death, with no other complicating factors. Counting that way knocks the state’s total down to 892.

Gov. Jared Polis, a Democrat, defended the change on Sunday.

“The C.D.C. criteria include anybody who died with Covid-19,” he said on Fox News. “What the people of Colorado and the people of the country want to know is how many people died of Covid-19.”

I'd expect every red state and some blue to follow, which means that old people and immunocompromised people will be erased from existence as victims of this pandemic.

COVID-420 has issued a correction as of 03:42 on May 18, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Moot .1415926535 posted:

lol has anyone figured out how to keep COVID19 alive in a super soaker yet?

https://twitter.com/tripgore/status/1261378270190133249

Don't tell this dude if so

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Flesh Forge posted:

on the other hand there are a lot of states with large urban populations that have a large number of cases but improbably low CFR way out of line with pretty much the rest of the world
- TX 2.7%
- TN 1.7%
- FL 4.3% (this is not as blatant as it was, but we know for sure they're tampering with their death numbers)
- GA 4.2% (also cooking their books, they've been caught in "mistakes" several times now)
- VA 3.3%
- NC 3.6%
- CA 4.0% (pretty sure CA gets a pass due to simply doing a whole lot more testing than all other states except NY)

I realize there's a lot of factors that go into CFR, notably who is tested - testing has been heavily weighted towards people showing symptoms, so a higher CFR than IFR seems reasonable to me, but the lowest CFR reporters are also among the lowest in testing per capita (TX is near the bottom) so dsgahsdgh hail satan praise baal

va is on the record cooking their books

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Cryptkeeper is a perfect look for this cultural moment. LOL if you haven't gotten a cloak, scythe, and skull-themed N95 mask.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Squizzle posted:

drink w/e caffeine slop you want. theres no need to fancy up a dose of stimulants

*tastefully adding a sprig of parsley to my meth*

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I can't believe people would manipulate a photo like that

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Also LMAO at cooking your books when people are reporting on your poo poo the whole time. America is truly a greedy, ill-tempered, beady-eyed thing crunching the bones of the innocent.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

theres a whole new genre of pics going around of christian clergy baptising kids w water guns

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No no no, the photo's supposed to make him look worse. Go back and redo it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anyway just wear full motorcycling leathers + full-head helmet, everywhere. this has been my ted talk

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

sliami posted:

Also LMAO at cooking your books when people are reporting on your poo poo the whole time. America is truly a greedy, ill-tempered, beady-eyed thing crunching the bones of the innocent.

It's easy to hide the COVID-19 deaths but thankfully its actually pretty hard to hide deaths in America. We have decent systems for accurately reporting excess mortality.

All of which indicate that the official death toll is something like 30-50% undercounted.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

lol looks like bolsonaro!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

COVID-420 posted:

Colorado has officially started hiding its death numbers. "Died with Covid-19" is now state policy. Death toll dropped by 30%.

I'd expect every red state and some blue to follow, which means that old people and immunocompromised people will be erased from existence as victims of this pandemic.

lol those of us with high guesses in the deathpool will be vindicated one day when a true reckoning is done :bahgawd:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

COVID-420 posted:

lmao a lot of states are doing this but this has been the first to be right up front about it. uncategorized deaths is really going to be the only semi trustworthy stat

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Goth Trrrrp looks healthier than regular Tuuuurp

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Popoto posted:

lol looks like bolsonaro!

oh my god

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

sliami posted:

They are lying because they know the truth doesn't matter, and they won't face any consequences for doing it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

yeah that's honestly an improvement

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
the W.H.O. is the poo!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
dinesh bringing back the classics

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

sliami posted:

It's quite surreal. As soon as there's a new case or another death here the media reports it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

COVID-420 posted:

:d2a:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/artofmmignola/status/1262211997887639552

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1262203270510018564?s=20
looks pretty fun

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

SKULL.GIF posted:

doesn't even look that much different really. the felon is trying to imply that LA's health officer looks like the cryptkeeper and this somehow invalidates her advice

Yeah, it’s almost like this lady is busy doing her job uh... looking out for the health of the citizens of Los Angeles during a public health emergency, and doesn’t have time to waste on makeup.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Inceltown posted:

Goth Trrrrp looks healthier than regular Tuuuurp

It's certainly a more believable color pallette

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

uninterrupted posted:

5G is a bad idea in general so it’s not the worst that covid might end it.

it’s literally a protocol that has devices speak to and trust other devices the same way they do cell towers, with numerous exploits found before implementation. it’s only being pushed to create a surveillance state; no one’s still bitching about cell data speeds.

<looks at IPv6> Hmmm. I think protocol designers might need to grasp the concept of bad faith actors before they release their fancy new designs on the world.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

This is just a test to see if you’re a social alcoholic.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thesaurus posted:

I tried this assuming it would be some meme crap but I've now been making them daily. Bought a bunch of decaf instant so that I don't get too messed up on caffeine

I have a small amount of decaf from camping but a huge jar that I can see myself plowing through quickly

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Squizzle posted:

drink w/e caffeine slop you want. theres no need to fancy up a dose of stimulants

I get my stimulants from the doctor

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Thesaurus posted:

I tried this assuming it would be some meme crap but I've now been making them daily. Bought a bunch of decaf instant so that I don't get too messed up on caffeine

i tried making it and maybe i used a wrong amount of sugar but it tasted like poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

1 hell of a gaming session

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Actually, it was death WITH america.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Inceltown posted:

:hmmyes:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thank god you're 100% safe if you do this and there's nothing that can go wrong!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inceltown posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Thesaurus posted:

What conclusion are we supposed to draw from that image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbQ0dkDDsHM&hd=1