Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

The byob spaceship has moved from fight island after like a month or two we spent there with the great new friends we made, and now we are all playing video games!! Check it out https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918699&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

hello welcome & chat friends, how's it hanging, I just came home and I walked like 30km today and also I rented a bike but couldn't give it back properly because the thing broke and didn't let me, so now I'm scientifically finding out how big both the time and the bill can go

Dixville

I don't think!
I don't know how he manages to stay mad at this goofy boi

Shifty Nipples

good doggo

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

biosterous

world weirdness has changed my exercise routine from "sometimes i have to run for the bus but mostly nothing" to "i will frequently do squats or lunges or go up and down the stairs a bunch" so by the time this all ends i'm gonna have a pretty nice lookin butt i'm pretty sure

:yosbutt::butts::c2b::butts::tutbutt:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
hello byob i've been chillin' in the spaceship since it appeared in fight island and now am going to stay on it especially since it's in my other favorite forum, games.

i figure i should come and check out this whole mothership situation you have going on here it seems nice i can't wait to get comfy on the couch

BoldFrankensteinMir

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hello byob i've been chillin' in the spaceship since it appeared in fight island and now am going to stay on it especially since it's in my other favorite forum, games.

i figure i should come and check out this whole mothership situation you have going on here it seems nice i can't wait to get comfy on the couch

Hello ShallNoiseUpon! Welcome to our chill mothership, do you have any pets and/or crimes you'd like to share?

Sig by Heather Papps

Stoner Sloth

Dixville posted:

I don't know how he manages to stay mad at this goofy boi

dang, that is one very good boi!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hi friend! glad you've come to visit!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Hello ShallNoiseUpon! Welcome to our chill mothership, do you have any pets and/or crimes you'd like to share?

I will never admit to crimes but throwing bricks through abandon building windows is good. I’ll scrounge up some pet pics from growing up tomorrow when I’m not in bed posting! I had every intention of adopting a cat before everything in the world went weird and I wish I did because I’d have a buddy right now, but soon hopefully!

Stoner Sloth posted:

dang, that is one very good boi!

hi friend! glad you've come to visit!

hi! glad to visit and maybe make have some sensible chuckles and maybe give out a laugh or two

alnilam

Welcome new posting pal! Hope you can adopt a good catte soon.

ty manifisto

alnilam

I had a wild weekend full of bees and I am tired, good night friends I'll post about the bees tomorrow

Escape From Noise

I want a big goofy mutt to wrassle with. I miss grabbing their big ol heads and telling them I love them.

Dixville

I don't think!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I want a big goofy mutt to wrassle with. I miss grabbing their big ol heads and telling them I love them.

Yeah he loves to roughhouse

Dixville

I don't think!
He must've known i was thinking about him so he came to lay w me

Stoner Sloth

alnilam posted:

I had a wild weekend full of bees and I am tired, good night friends I'll post about the bees tomorrow

hells yeah, please do al - bees are great and we need a bee-centric thread i feel

Dixville posted:

Yeah he loves to roughhouse

Dixville posted:

:3: that is an excellent doggo - one day i'd love to get a great big dog, really like tibet mastiffs but that'll have to wait till my situation allows it and i maybe move somewhere colder so poor dog doesn't cook when we have 47 degree days

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

wearing a lampshade

Dixville posted:

thats a good loving dog

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I would pet the shinyboi whose lovely coat must be smoother than a shark

Dixville

I don't think!

Slush Garbo posted:

I would pet the shinyboi whose lovely coat must be smoother than a shark

Yes he is v shiny and smoothe

Goons Are Gifts

Hi hello, no worries until you get your cat situation improved we will be your pals that you can cuddle with and afterwards we'll demand a lot of pictures anyways so get ready to POST

Goons Are Gifts

Hell yeah bees I'm so excited I spiller my milk and cereals

Escape From Noise

I guess I'm possibly going back to work on Friday. On the one hand I could use something to do all day and I probably won't be so busy, but on the other I'm sick of constantly waiting until next month for the brewing license that'll probably never come. Not like anyone else is going to be hiring any time soon. I'm just sort of very whatever about it I guess.

Dixville

I don't think!
Omg you guys cereal is really good w ice cream. I'm eating reeses puffs with cookies n cream right now

Amp

as promised last night, my two cattes from growing up:

Goons Are Gifts

check out these absolutely gorgeous babies

Amp

one more of peanut hanging out in the catnip in my mom's garden

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

doing laundry before work because my anxiety is so bad about my job that i woke up at 4am so i'm at least accomplishing something?

alnilam

oka yBEE UPDATE

friday afternoon i come back from a motorcycle ride and notice an awful lot of bugs buzzing around this random vine along our fence near the back gate. I figure the vine must be producing something tasty-smelling right now and walk RIGHT PAST it and to my house

a few hours later I'm outside and I see that there's actually a football (american football) sized blob of honeybees hanging on the chainlink fence AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA just a quivering mass of bees

I should note that I think bees are cool as all heck but I am sadly very afraid of them like run and shriek scared, I can't help it, I don't wanna be but i am

at this point I don't know about swarming behavior so I assume they're building a hive (incorrect), and I read online that you can encourage bees to relocate by smoking them out at night repeatedly until they decide this spot sucks. So my wife and I decide to be brave and smoke them out that night. We wrap our bodies up in jeans and jackets and tuck in our pants and wear full brimmed hats and drape fabric around the hats and tuck the fabric into our jackets to make makeshift beekeeper suits, and we light a small fire underneath the blob with some wet stuff in it to make it nice and smokay without being real big or hot. Then we grab some beers and watch from wayyy across the yard with binoculars and clearly we look like insane people in weirdo suits watching a fire from afar with binocs. Good rthing it's night time.

Anyway slowly the blob of bees just shifts away from the smoke without ever actually dispersing. Well, some of them do fly away, get confused, and cling to our porch light, which will cause trouble down the road.

To bee continued.....

ty manifisto

alnilam

Eventually we decide to go inside, and right as I'm next to the porch light I notice there are like a dozen bees hanging out by the light (which is quite far from the swarm) and I shriek and meanwhile one gets down into my wife's boot somehow and stings her ankle and we panic and run inside. We will later learn that in rushing in we swept 6 bees in with us. I think I hear buzzing inside but dismiss it as maybee I'm beeing paranoid.

So she ices the bite and we go to bed

DAY 2

The next mornin gI come down with baby in hand and hear buzzing. Multiple buzzings!!! I go wake my wife up and leave baby with her while, despite being ascared, I go to hunt the bees down. Sorry bees I really don't want to kill you but it's just a few of you and you really can't be in my house :( luckily they're hanging on the windows so I take them out with a rolled up magazine. :rip: I'm sorry bees. The process takes like half an hour because I keep thinking they're gone then hearing buzzing, thinking I'm paranoid and hearing things, and then hear it again and track it down.

Finally we call a bee guy who advertises safe relocation of bees. He tells us all about swarming behavior and it' s interesting as hell!! This mass of bees has left another hive that got too big and produced a ne wqueen. They cast out of their old hive and are resting up for a few days while scouts go out and try to find a nice spot for their new hive. He tells us in 1-3 days, when about 3/4 of the scouts have finally reached a consensus on the new location (via dance-offs), the swarm will take off and go there. Cool as heck. He also says they're mega docile especially in this phase of their life cycle so don't worry. I have to say it's still not great to have such a huge mass of bees buzzing around right there when you're viscerally ascared of them, so we were shut out of our backyard anyway during the day. At night they all slept and we could hang in the backyard with no disturbance.

DAY 3

5 am my wife's bee sting is really itching and she can't sleep so she takes benadryl. We only have baby benadryl so she doses it out from memory (she's a doctor also so I trust her). It turns out to be double what she should have taken and she ends up sleeping until noon, then barely being able to move for a few hours, and sleeping again until 6pm lmao

Two more bees in the house :confused: maybe I missed some the first time.

Swarm is still there. We watch it intently hoping to see the swarm take off cause that would be cool. Then a friend of one of my best friends (and an acquaintance of mine) calls me and says he heard I had a swarm and he would LOVE to take it because he keeps bees and finding a swarm is a lucky strike for him.

He comes over and, dressed in a t-shirt and with his bare hands, just scoops the bees with his hand into a trash can :stare: that is how docile they are during this phase!! and we chat for a bit from afar and he leaves.

Happy ending :toot:

alnilam fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 18, 2020

ty manifisto

alnilam

sorry those posts are way too :words: for the chat thread

hurf de durf

ty manifisto

nut

alnilam posted:

He comes over and, dressed in a t-shirt and with his bare hands, just scoops the bees with his hand into a trash can :stare: that is how docile they are during this phase!! and we chat for a bit from afar and he leaves.

this is intensely f’d up, al

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

alnilam posted:

sorry those posts are way too :words: for the chat thread

hurf de durf

thank you for those excellent and interesting posts! I keep thinking of learning to keep bees becuse they are neat and would probably be good for my begetable garden

I had to take like a 48 hr byo-break from posting and i sure missed welcome hello & chat thread

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

alnilam

yeah i would like to keep bees at some point in my life, they're so cool and honey is so good and on top of all that i think some exposure therapy would help me become less ascared

ty manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

my cousin's cousin has a like mini hive? that he overwinters some bees in i guess for his main hives and it's like maybe 8" w x18"l x12"h or something and he says it still produces like 25# of honey a year and that is a lot of honey! Bees are so busy

There is a beekeeping thread in DIY I keep meaning to actually read

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Oh my god that is SO COOL I love watching bees during their swarm phase, it's so intense! They are super peaceful and chill, when you stand next to it, you sometimes get blessed by their decision to land on you and you become their personal airport, it's super crazy! I think we should have a bee thread, for people to post bees and other insects they meet outside again, like, last year we had the flower one so maybe a few bees would be amazing now, too!

Hold on I need to post

Goons Are Gifts

Also I made a jigsaw puzzle thread because I want to make an almost official byob jigsaw puzzle with you guys, post in your avs and pictures of things you like and pets and crimes here until I made the bee thread and then also post there

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923859

What I'm saying is :justpost:

wearing a lampshade

Coffee

alnilam

:coffeepal:

ty manifisto

wearing a lampshade

:morning:

Goons Are Gifts

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923866
bees