Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if Jesus isn't there forming the base of the devil's triangle than you are endangering the temple of GOD by not being 6ft apart.

Lpzie has issued a correction as of 00:31 on May 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1262517836796362760

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

COVID-420 posted:

can someone with photoshop skills do morpheus from the matrix with the colored pills

but one pill is a hydroxychloroquine (big label of TROMP)

and the other pill is a solitary pinto bean (big label of C-SPAM)

thank you!

:haw:

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

my bony fealty posted:

lol every Texas bar is going to be packed at over 100% of normal capacity of drunk people hootin and hollerin and dancing the night away

rip to all of em

I hate linking to reddit, but this is what the sports bars restaurants looked like in Houston last weekend so we're already well on our way.

Bonus: note the shared hookah use

https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/gkciz9/prospect_park_restaurant_is_really_taking_things/

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Take both and mix with alcohol.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

one of the worst parts about everyone slowly reemerging from stay at home is having to talk about coronavirus with people you haven't seen for two months, and trying to communicate to them that no, this thing isn't even close to "over"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I got the stupid trump letter today telling me my payment is on the way, 3 weeks after I already got it. But it said by check/debit card. Maybe they made a mistake and I'll get a trump debit card too...

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A 3 million dollar contract to Jared's frat brother for pez stamped with "HCQ 200mg".

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I made roasted veggies for lunch then an enormous amount of banana pudding with homemade whipped cream for later that happens to be now

I should probably make something other than straight fat and sugar like whipped coffee

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spime Wrangler posted:

one of the worst parts about everyone slowly reemerging from stay at home is having to talk about coronavirus with people you haven't seen for two months, and trying to communicate to them that no, this thing isn't even close to "over"

Yeah, I don't get it at all. We didn't beat this thing, we got bored of it. And while it is true that it doesn't seem as contagious as we originally thought, a big part of why it slowed down was because every office, church, concert, sporting event, bar, restaurant, etc all shut down. Getting back in big groups for extended periods of time is exactly what we know we shouldn't be doing but gotta get that haircut and a drink at the bar and then go to church in the morning.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
just went out shopping for the first time in two weeks

made two stops: a co-op grocery store in small town vermont and a dollar general in rural new hampshire

100% mask adoption in both places. social distancing was respected by all. not crowded. well done gang.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SardonicTyrant posted:

Take both and mix with alcohol.

Fun fact. The "don't drink" thing with antibiotics actually started because people with syphilis would still be infectious for a week after starting a course. So to stop people from going out to get drunk and laid they would lie and say to not drink while taking them. Alcohol had no interactions with the drugs that would stop its efficacy.

This isn't true with all antibiotics now and you can have adverse reactions with some but that's how it started. Do not use this as an excuse to get loaded while taking your meds.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Korean Boomhauer posted:

im really good at dr mario i can defeat corona virus

I'll send you the link to the discord that Barron is coordinating Operation Warp Speed on

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

COVID-420 posted:

That Washington Post story about the Georgia shopping center is the best thing to come out of this pandemic.

I say we officially put it on C-SPAM's summer reading list. Here it is so you can avoid the paywall. I know this post is long. But it's worth it. Every word is a subtle teacher to the soul. I added some relevant images to break up the text a little

this entire article ftw

quote:

“I live an hour away and was driving in this morning, only me on the road, and I was thinking, ‘Am I doing the right thing?’ ” she said through a mask. “And you see some out there jogging, no mask on. I think their confidence is rising.”

quote:

“If this is risking my life, then I’ve been risking my life going to Costco,” said Betty Luke. “I went to the antique mall yesterday on Highway 9 and it was just like — it was like freedom. We have to get out. We have to live in this world, and if we don’t —”

“It’s not living,” said Holland, who checked her nail color — “Oh I love it!” — paid $32 and began to put on a surgical mask, but then decided not to.

quote:

“I’m getting my nails done tomorrow — screw it,” said a nurse drinking a glass of wine on a bench after work, as the order of the morning was collapsing into the results of a thousand individual decisions.

On the sprawling green plaza, people began gathering elbow-to-elbow on blankets and lawn chairs, opening beers and bottles of wine.

“I think you have to live life,” said Jeff Lampel, taking a sip of beer.

“When you start seeing where the cases are coming from and the demographics — I’m not worried,” agreed his friend Scott Friedel.

“I know what people are going to say — 'Those selfish idiots are killing our old people!’ ” said Lampel.

“How do you give up a day like this — really, how?” Friedel said, enjoying the last rays of sun as the music kept playing and the crowds kept coming.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

can't wait for Trump to sweep the electoral college this November with the slogan of "Get COVID Done"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

COVID-420 posted:

just went out shopping for the first time in two weeks

made two stops: a co-op grocery store in small town vermont and a dollar general in rural new hampshire

100% mask adoption in both places. social distancing was respected by all. not crowded. well done gang.

It's really hit and miss around here so if I do have to go in to a store I just take advantage of being work from home and go midweek right around the time they open when they aren't busy. Admit I haven't tried a Walmart or Target type place but it works great for the hardware store and Sam's Club.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Inceltown posted:

Fun fact. The "don't drink" thing with antibiotics actually started because people with syphilis would still be infectious for a week after starting a course. So to stop people from going out to get drunk and laid they would lie and say to not drink while taking them. Alcohol had no interactions with the drugs that would stop its efficacy.

This isn't true with all antibiotics now and you can have adverse reactions with some but that's how it started. Do not use this as an excuse to get loaded while taking your meds.
Of course. I was not advocating taking real medicine with alcohol, merely joking that if you're going to take CSPAM or Trump you might as well gently caress yourself up.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/856293764/french-drug-giant-sanofi-takes-heat-after-suggesting-u-s-may-get-1st-vaccine-acc

quote:

Earlier this week, Paul Hudson, CEO of French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi, told Bloomberg News that if Sanofi develops a vaccine, doses would likely go to Americans first. Hudson said this was understandable, given the U.S. had financially supported its research.

The comments outraged the French government and provoked an uproar in France. "For us, it would be unacceptable for there to be privileged access of any country based on financial reasons," French Deputy Finance Minister Agnès Pannier-Runacher told Radio Sud.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/09/facebook-posts/trump-has-tiny-financial-stake-company-manufacture/

quote:

Trump has a small stake through a mutual fund in Sanofi, a French company that makes hydroxychloroquine.

The president’s holdings in Sanofi are valued at up to $1,500, meaning he would not stand to profit much from the company’s stock performance.

Experts told us that Trump’s holdings do not violate federal conflict of interest laws.

The president’s latest financial disclosure form indicates that he holds shares in the mutual fund through three different family trusts. The value of each of those holdings is between $1,001 and $15,000, which would put Trump’s stake in Sanofi at "between about $100 and $1,500 in total," the Washington Post reported.

"That Sanofi investment would therefore constitute between 0.000003 and 0.00005 percent of Trump’s net worth," the newspaper wrote. "If you were worth $100,000, it would be like worrying about the nickel in your pocket."

:thunk:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: if you think that cops live off of their reported wages.

:lol: is when they have to explain where the extra money comes from, because it's clearly not coming from their job.

sullat posted:

Baker County is right next tp Malheur and has less than 20k people. This is some hick judge and if the state Supreme Court upholds it I will eat my hat, which I will probably make out of beef jerky before hand.

Oh gently caress, haven't had a good hat eating toxx since Abe made the lovely fruit hat a whole while ago :yum:

ShutteredIn posted:

Circuit judge appointed by the current governor lol

lmao

Ed O'Neill and Markiplier had a fat chud baby

That one scene in the G.I.Joe movie where cobra commander was turned into a snake and kept repeating "I was once a man"

But more Jesus-y

Catastrophe posted:

I know this was a while back but why do all conservatives only know how to record video if it's in their cars?

Not going to lie, a car generally has good features for recording:

- Dashboard makes a stable camera platform
- Car interior has noise-dampening features
- Lots of windows with a tinted sun/moonroof(if available) provide ample and natural diffuse lighting
- Generally there's little to no environmental care about how much gas is used to air condition the whole interior, but despite it being sunny and warm, the interior is climate-controlled

I mean, you can still gently caress up color balancing, audio direction, and other recording aspects, but a ton of off-the-shelf auto-adjustments go into smartphones so they can automatically do better than some know-nothing yutz who bought a fancy camera and plays with all the setting without know what they do or why.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I keep putting off grocery shopping but that just means my list gets longer which means more time in the store which makes me want to put it off more

pick up isn't much better because there's like no spots in the next two weeks still

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

facetoucher cat posted:

oh, it gets better

tag yourself, I'm "feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior"
I'm "large hive-like swelling on sex organs"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Inceltown posted:

Too late. Chugging my cipro & vodka smoothie right now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Atrocious Joe posted:

can't wait for Trump to sweep the electoral college this November with the slogan of "Get COVID Done"

Still better than Biden's "I wouldn't vote for me!"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SardonicTyrant posted:

Of course. I was not advocating taking real medicine with alcohol, merely joking that if you're going to take CSPAM or Trump you might as well gently caress yourself up.

Your post was clearly not actually recommending it. I just wanted to shoehorn in that little bit of trivia that I find interesting.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Thoguh posted:

It's really hit and miss around here so if I do have to go in to a store I just take advantage of being work from home and go midweek right around the time they open when they aren't busy. Admit I haven't tried a Walmart or Target type place but it works great for the hardware store and Sam's Club.

where is "around here"?

goons please share your regional anecdotes so we can plan the eventual cspam beanlord compound

obviously anywhere rural is a boon for avoiding the plague but it has to be the kind of rural with not TOO many chud militias. nh has plenty but i think we could probably arm some of the local left-leaning opiate addicts (there are more than you think) to counter the chud influence

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

by my figuring, june 2 will be the day of reckoning, the big tuesday bump signifying the beginning of the real surge

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Cross posting this creepy loving article.

its reads as if satan designed my perfect hell

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1262525780355055616

quote:

Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Monday announced plans for the next phase in reopening the state, saying bars can open Friday at 25% capacity and restaurants can increase to 50% capacity. Childcare services, such as daycare centers and programs like the YMCA, can open immediately and summer camps will be allowed to open May 31.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoDamage posted:

He should really double up and add some azithromycin just to be safe. I hear that's the combo that really works best according to that French doctor.

Oh there are side effects? Well that will just be a little happy surprise along the way.

i thought he implied he took it at the start of when he started taking hydroxy but it sounded very on the spot made up imo, because it was said after a reporter asked him about it and i assume he wanted to pretend that he himself was 100% following his own very good advice or w/e

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

RandomBlue posted:

Too late. Chugging my cipro & vodka smoothie right now.

the charcoal filtering in the alcohol balances out the bitter notes because you need a good plastic bottle vodka for anthrax level antibiotics

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
everybody in wh getting covid yet the president isn't & he takes hydroxychloroquine... makes u think

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dustcat posted:

the vaccine is being developed by a publically traded company
haha only china is going to have a working vaccine

lmao

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Mistle posted:

. . .

Not going to lie, a car generally has good features for recording:

- Dashboard makes a stable camera platform
- Car interior has noise-dampening features
- Lots of windows with a tinted sun/moonroof(if available) provide ample and natural diffuse lighting
- Generally there's little to no environmental care about how much gas is used to air condition the whole interior, but despite it being sunny and warm, the interior is climate-controlled

I mean, you can still gently caress up color balancing, audio direction, and other recording aspects, but a ton of off-the-shelf auto-adjustments go into smartphones so they can automatically do better than some know-nothing yutz who bought a fancy camera and plays with all the setting without know what they do or why.

sitting in their truck means sitting on their thrown of power

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
what do you have to lose... take it

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Troy Queef posted:

i think one of the few bright things about quar is that the "le sportsball" people have largely either shut up or stuck to playing Animal Crossing, mostly because they realized that if they were to be smug about how they don't care about team sports they'd probably get rolled by a large amount of people who don't just want to go back to watching other people play sports, but also want to be able to have their Wednesday night 30+ B soccer league back again.

Counterpoint: imagine dying of the COVID because of a sport as dumb as curling.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Homeless Friend posted:

everybody in wh getting covid yet the president isn't & he takes hydroxychloroquine... makes u think

its great that the test machine trump put his full confidence behind during a public event is all fucky and unreliable but he's a big baby and cant back down :sniff:

i assume for testing they maybe take two swabs and run one through the abbot machine while he's watching then send the other to a lab

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the only thing making me not wish another tree falls on abbott is that dan patrick exists in waiting

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Bulgakov posted:

i assume for testing they maybe take two swabs and run one through the abbot machine while he's watching then send the other to a lab
Lol that machine isn't even plugged in, they just wait for the Windows 95 screensaver which says NEGATIVE.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trump gonna win, Biden in the bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/status/1262524584667930626