Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i went into skyrim with rock-bottom expectations after oblivion was such a piece of poo poo and that honestly probably made me enjoy skyrim more than i maybe should have. that said, one single playthrough of skyrim was enough for me. i have tried revisiting it a few times and just cannot at all get back into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this came up in reccomendations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUPsI9gAKno

oh my god what the hell why would you do this just mod the leveling to be sane. Like he says more than once don't even do it.

man I guess some people really do like the number crunching the best, but this seems utterly antifun and is basically oblivion style leveling technique super cranked up

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fresh prey approaches

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47978 - a sweet mod that restores gnisis to the concept art aka very alien and weird
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47948 - miscasting magic has a chance to do cool stuff
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47980 - remember thief 1 where you can douse fire with arrows? now you can in morrowind
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47968 - shopkeepers play a voice line when you trade successfully
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47933 - solstheim reward estate is now good
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47925 - first there was pluginless no glow, now there's *assetless* no glow. "Slightly reduces both processing and memory usage. This is because it prevents the creation of "invisible" texture effects and associated tint maps. Other no-glow mods let these be created, but make the textures invisible."

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

loling at the screenshots for this one

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
holy gently caress is that arm in gnisis an actual piece of the ruddy man?

and idk I've never used noglows. So it prevents the plastic, but I'm having a hard time looking and seeing what it feels like to use. Seems like there is a visual indication that things are enchanted but based off the 1 screenshot I don't really get what it'd be like.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

holy gently caress is that arm in gnisis an actual piece of the ruddy man?

and idk I've never used noglows. So it prevents the plastic, but I'm having a hard time looking and seeing what it feels like to use. Seems like there is a visual indication that things are enchanted but based off the 1 screenshot I don't really get what it'd be like.

yes it is

also theres nothing, thats the point. in his test of 50 enchanted items he gained 40 fps over traditional noglows (and even more over vanilla)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does morrowind rebirth also delete Azura's Star?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47978 - a sweet mod that restores gnisis to the concept art aka very alien and weird

morrowind rebirth said gently caress trees

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Heh get this

Morrowind Afterbirth

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Morrowind Rebirth is an ambitious mod that ruins itself at every turn. That said, download the mod, extract the new music, and dump it into your existing MW folder. The music for that mod is really well done and slots in perfectly to Soule’s arrangements.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Leal posted:

Does morrowind rebirth also delete Azura's Star?

fingers crossed they made it into a throwing star

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Babe Magnet posted:

morrowind rebirth said gently caress trees

man rebirth might actually be worse than mgso lmao

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Could you combine them somehow? I've been thinking about making compatibility patches for my favorite mods, next time I dive deep into Morrowind, and it'd be a change of pace to make a compatibility patch for the worst mods.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vavrek posted:

Could you combine them somehow? I've been thinking about making compatibility patches for my favorite mods, next time I dive deep into Morrowind, and it'd be a change of pace to make a compatibility patch for the worst mods.

You're talking about combining one mod that changes almost everything with a mod compilation that also changes almost everything, you'd basically just have to look at a billion bad ideas and decide which bad ideas are better.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
It'd require so much less thought than making a compatibility patch for Ashlander Julan and Great House Dagoth.

I could just toss a coin.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vavrek posted:

It'd require so much less thought than making a compatibility patch for Ashlander Julan and Great House Dagoth.

If you do it I'll play it, assuming installation isn't so complicated I get bored with the joke before I can run the game.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Utility app idea: mod merge randomizer. Grab a bunch of conflicting mods, run it, and get a merge patch where all conflicts are solved by randomly picking one mod to prioritize.

I expect it'd just be unplayable because of changes being dependent on each other and the merge not guaranteeing the presence of those dependencies, but I dunno, I haven't done any Morrowind mod development.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Woebin posted:

Utility app idea: mod merge randomizer. Grab a bunch of conflicting mods, run it, and get a merge patch where all conflicts are solved by randomly picking one mod to prioritize.

I expect it'd just be unplayable because of changes being dependent on each other and the merge not guaranteeing the presence of those dependencies, but I dunno, I haven't done any Morrowind mod development.

morrowind is remarkably hard to break compared to later games

also

i need ideas for may modathon, suggest stuff you want to see that don't take 1000 hours to make lol

i'm thinking about doing some landscaping around pelagiad to add docks for fast travel. it never made much sense how they were THIS CLOSE to water but never did it.

[ https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/users/4138441?tab=user+files ] my mods

mbt fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 9, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is it possible to have a throwing weapon or arrow that doesn't get used up when you fire? I mean you could slot in something at max stack capacity and zero weight or something but then you'd be able to go and sell ten billion mod arrows. What would happen if someone did something weird like put in a stack of darts that was size -1? Or could you make it have something like when used put one in inventory as equipped?

Is this why azura's star was a soul gem and not a throwing star?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

is it possible to have a throwing weapon or arrow that doesn't get used up when you fire? I mean you could slot in something at max stack capacity and zero weight or something but then you'd be able to go and sell ten billion mod arrows. What would happen if someone did something weird like put in a stack of darts that was size -1? Or could you make it have something like when used put one in inventory as equipped?

Some mod I was using had a quiver of plenty that would keep a stack of 100 arrows in your inventory at all times, I never tried selling them though, so I'm not sure how that would have affected it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ya ive got an unreleased mod that adds a bow that generates its own arrows and a gauntlet that generates its own throwing darts (both based on magicka)

the vanilla game doesn't like it when you force remove equipped items but MCP fixes it and openmw doesn't care

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

also

i need ideas for may modathon, suggest stuff you want to see that don't take 1000 hours to make lol

i'm thinking about doing some landscaping around pelagiad to add docks for fast travel. it never made much sense how they were THIS CLOSE to water but never did it.

Yeah I mean my suggestion was kind of in jest, but it's also something I'd legit like and play around with. I love randomizers generally. Someone posted a long to this list of various town extension and alteration mods, something that would randomly pick one mod per town would be rad.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ya ive got an unreleased mod that adds a bow that generates its own arrows and a gauntlet that generates its own throwing darts (both based on magicka)

the vanilla game doesn't like it when you force remove equipped items but MCP fixes it and openmw doesn't care

weird. I mean I dunno about poo poo but it already does something like this when bound items evaporate?

also

If the path from the docks went thru the fort it would be a good excuse to slot in a census & excise office. :cop: Which would probably spool out into way too much work.
I feel like C&E is generally really underused in the game and only has a handful of faction members. Like finding out security skill is also used maybe 1 time (that I never actually encountered) to forge documents or something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vavrek posted:

trying to imagine the godawful changes to the gameworld and balance from rebirth combined with the terrible retextures and fuckin HORRIBLE sound effects from mgso is breaking my brain

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

No idea how big the minimum scope would be for this idea, but javelins. There's one mod from 2009 on Nexus that comes up in a search, I bet it would be possible to make cooler ones today. Like making enchanted ones that can be re-used, or making it compatible with the Pincushion mod.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Skyrim is alright.

Better aestheticsand cooler world than Oblivion but less interesting quests.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

No idea how big the minimum scope would be for this idea, but javelins. There's one mod from 2009 on Nexus that comes up in a search, I bet it would be possible to make cooler ones today. Like making enchanted ones that can be re-used, or making it compatible with the Pincushion mod.

you'd think ashlanders or the legion or both would use em

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vavrek posted:

morrowind bad mod randomizer, pulling in changes for each part of gameplay and the world from an assortment of bad mods and spitting out a single installer

edit: i literally didn't see the post suggesting this very thing!

i agree tho it would be ridiculous and i bet you could slice mods apart to slot together without conflicts if the randomizer only pulled from a restricted list instead of a user-defined one

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 10, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jazerus posted:

slot together without conflicts

what do you consider a conflict, like "makes the game crash"?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
a mod that swaps random textures each time you load the game, by renaming them or w/e. It also slowly randomizes damage and spell effects. And sound effects. Blessings of Sheogorath. I think this has maybe already been done tho.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

If only there was a mod that replaced every sound with the Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor grunt

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I'm using openMW, is there any way to get player shadows in first person? When I'm in third person it works fine but I've never gotten any in first person.

Edit: I get terrain, object, and NPC shadows in either, I just mean my own shadow.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Why do you want shadows when you don't have a body?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The ending of the words is LASAGNA

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

whydirt posted:

The ending of the words is LASAGNA

Mods please make this the thread title.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Prophecy says that one day Jon will be reborn as a Outlander who will return here and save the house.

This is the prophecy of... the Jonathan.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
“I hate Morndas” - Lord Garfi’Eld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012