Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Eno did the Prophecy Theme (the high pitched synth bit that sounds like an Eno track)

Toto did all the sick rear end guitar bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
The "Main Title" and "Take My Hand" are perfect.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I just assumed Eno was someone from Toto. :v:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Nessus posted:

The breakdown I dimly recall is:

* Aluminium: Wonderful and easy to recycle
* Paper: Easily reused to at least some extent
* Glass: Not easily recycled but very reusable (shame we don't have bottle deposit programs still)
* Plastic: Bad
* Water: yes, unless individual Abomination or otherwise tainted

e: Like even Penn & Teller's Libertarian Propaganda Hour (With Jokes) admitted recycling aluminium is a good plan, I think.

glass is the most powerful waste product and is more durable than even cement or rocks it will last eternally

the only way it can be dealt with is if it's physically ground and weathered down back into the dunes from whence it came

e: I tried posting this yesterday but I kept getting "admin says you're not allowed to post more frequently than once every 10 seconds" even though I was not trying to post that oftend

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 18, 2020

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang
Post without rhythm

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

He gives mountain dew to the dead!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

e: I tried posting this yesterday but I kept getting "admin says you're not allowed to post more frequently than once every 10 seconds" even though I was not trying to post that oftend

the slow post penetrates the shield

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Muads knew

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

glass is the most powerful waste product and is more durable than even cement or rocks it will last eternally

the only way it can be dealt with is if it's physically ground and weathered down back into the dunes from whence it came

My local sanitation department accepts glass for "recycling" but they actually grind it down and use it for new roadbeds in the landfill.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nuggan posted:

Brian Eno, the guy that wrote the Windows 95 startup sound, did some of it.

I love that story and I'm going to use that tagline every time I mention Biran Eno for the rest of my life insh'allah

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

sebmojo posted:

I love that story and I'm going to use that tagline every time I mention Biran Eno for the rest of my life insh'allah

https://youtu.be/fNIfbdi41ho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

the slow post penetrates the shield

But uh, look down. We'd have joined each other in Permaban

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"Mood's a thing for cattle or for making love"
Is this what beefswelling means?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kiimo posted:

But uh, look down. We'd have joined each other in Permaban

There are strict rules for Banly

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

THE BAR posted:

I just assumed Eno was someone from Toto. :v:

what the gently caress

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:five:

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The perma-banme methods of posting

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

sebmojo posted:

There are strict rules for Banly
lmao @ this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What if dune was about pizza

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Now I'm suddenly wondering if Baron Harkonnen was an inspiration for Jabba the Hutt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vlada the Hark?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

vortmax posted:

My local sanitation department accepts glass for "recycling" but they actually grind it down and use it for new roadbeds in the landfill.
I mean that's recycling after a fashion. They took it, they put it to a new, relatively permanent use... Shai-Hulud's passing will cleanse it in time.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

No Mods No Masters posted:

there already is a sci-fi about pizza delivery being a life-or-death endeavor

actually where IS our Snow Crash movie? it would make a good movie. also it's a documentary since we already live in the parody cyberpunk dystopia irl and also a crazy religious corporate boss got caught trying to smuggle cuneiform tablets from Iraq (im not even making this up it's one of the Hobby Lobby guys)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

thought this was about Death Stranding

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

actually where IS our Snow Crash movie? it would make a good movie. also it's a documentary since we already live in the parody cyberpunk dystopia irl and also a crazy religious corporate boss got caught trying to smuggle cuneiform tablets from Iraq (im not even making this up it's one of the Hobby Lobby guys)
lol if a Snow Crash movie got made the anticorporate stuff would be completely neutered and Hiro Protagonist would be a studio mandated unironic Exxxxtreme Badass also he would be white

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Also mainstream critics and the Movie Going Public would call it a weird bad ripoff of Ready Player One.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

eSports Chaebol posted:

actually where IS our Snow Crash movie?

This was with Amazon a few years ago but now it seems that HBO Max is doing it?
https://www.engadget.com/2019-12-14-snow-crash-tv-series-hbo-max.html

e: read Stephenson's latest book, it is good

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Just started reading God Emperor, there's a scene with D-wolves and I can't stop thinking it stands for Dickwolves

Run Siona run

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Now I'm suddenly wondering if Baron Harkonnen was an inspiration for Jabba the Hutt.

Just wait til you get to book four.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

Just started reading God Emperor, there's a scene with D-wolves and I can't stop thinking it stands for Dickwolves

Run Siona run

It doesn't?

:confused:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

Piter tries St. Louis pizza

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Somehow his Dutch name and his appearance in the movie go perfect together in my mind. By the way, is there a book reason why both he and the Atreides' mentat have bushy eyebrows?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think that's Lynch.

We're gonna miss the weird Lynchisms in the new movies I fear. I wish he'd bring some of them because they're just as inventive as Herbert's. Heartplugs good. Cat milking maybe not so much.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

kiimo posted:

Piter tries St. Louis pizza

It is by the grease of Provel that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

kiimo posted:

I think that's Lynch.

We're gonna miss the weird Lynchisms in the new movies I fear. I wish he'd bring some of them because they're just as inventive as Herbert's. Heartplugs good. Cat milking maybe not so much.

Really, Lynch added the cat with what looked like a rat taped to it himself? Lmao. Yeah this should be in the new movie.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

WarMECH posted:

It doesn't?

:confused:

I don't know, has he confirmed it? He does seem a lot hornier in this one so far

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

started reading dune on my kindle last night for the first time finally. im excited to read words about mutant women whos magic vaginas can manufacture nerf guns or something? idk its hard to remember all the techno babble.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

started reading dune on my kindle last night for the first time finally. im excited to read words about mutant women whos magic vaginas can manufacture nerf guns or something? idk its hard to remember all the techno babble.

vibrating pussies are book 5, unless you believe the ridiculous and completely unfounded rumors about fine and pure bene gesserit gentlewomen

which you SHOULD NOT :colbert:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

vibrating pussies are book 5, unless you believe the ridiculous and completely unfounded rumors about fine and pure bene gesserit gentlewomen

which you SHOULD NOT :colbert:

friend, im ready to accept all these things and more into my deformed shriveled heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

eSports Chaebol posted:

Movies have gotta have endings tho

Probably the biggest reason there aren’t any movies of his books :haw: