Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
New Dawn is definitely better than 5 but they waited criminally long to give you a double jump. Do the story until you get that then go off and have fun. Double jumps should be in every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i liked rage 2 more than mad max because the bland open world was propped up by actual fun gameplay, instead of a bland open world with bland gameplay

basically id's assistance was the primary source of the enjoyment in rage 2, and avalanche brought nothing to the table both times

without id's gunplay and movement, it'd be a complete nothing of a game

(rage 1 also had solid gunplay but subpar movement, and an unsatisfying amount of content imo)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Edit: Troubleshooter related, of course. Man, it WOULD be nice to have a thread, but I don't begrudge others for not wanting to take on the monumental task of creating an OP for it. Mechanics upon mechanics...
its ok to make a thread for a game without an encyclopedia for an op

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 10:12 on May 19, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The 7th Guest posted:

i liked rage 2 more than mad max because the bland open world was propped up by actual fun gameplay, instead of a bland open world with bland gameplay

basically id's assistance was the primary source of the enjoyment in rage 2, and avalanche brought nothing to the table both times

(rage 1 also had solid gunplay but subpar movement, and an unsatisfying amount of content imo)

Mad Max was o-kay for it's time, but it definitely came out on the upslope of "~open world sandbox~ map icon vomit slurry" games coming out non-stop since and after. I don't feel there's much reason to play it now when there's a zillion open world games that are better.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Surprised people have been discussing Far Cry without mentioning Primal, I started it a few days ago and have been super engrossed in it. It's Far Cry without any of the story weight, you're just trying to piece your scattered tribe back together and build them a village out of all the stuff these games expect you to collect now. Plus it focuses on some of the best parts of the recent series, bow and animal combat. The moment they told me I could have animal buddies I went out and got a jaguar, a cave lion, and a bear to murder people for me.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

The 7th Guest posted:

I 100%'ed them both somehow and I enjoyed Mad Max slightly more. I got sick of Rage 2 and just wanted it over with by the end but that was probably due to more DLC to hammer through whereas Mad Max didn't really have any and was wrapped up quicker.

Regardless, there are much better games out there than either of them.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The Void Rains Upon Her Heart is the perfect entry-level bullet hell. It's really the kind of game which you need to play a little bit first before you decide to write it off - a lot of the game's charm just doesn't come across the videos and screens. I only did one run, but I'm definitely going to be firing it up regularly over the coming weeks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mad max's sound design is unimpeachable, it has some of the meatiest gunshot blasts and engine revs i've ever heard

can't say as much for the gameplay though

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I enjoyed mad max a bunch because I'm a big fan of the movies and it was cool actually being able to interact with that world.

Rage 2 might have more mechanical depth but I can't be mad max in that game :shrug:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Too Shy Guy posted:

Surprised people have been discussing Far Cry without mentioning Primal, I started it a few days ago and have been super engrossed in it. It's Far Cry without any of the story weight, you're just trying to piece your scattered tribe back together and build them a village out of all the stuff these games expect you to collect now. Plus it focuses on some of the best parts of the recent series, bow and animal combat. The moment they told me I could have animal buddies I went out and got a jaguar, a cave lion, and a bear to murder people for me.
Far Cry Primals is the best Far Cry game because it gives you all of the gameplay without all of the godawful "lo, you are actually secretly Jesus/the son of the president/a drugged-up rear end in a top hat. Go murder some people!" wanky bullshit that has become the only thing Far Cry plots are about anymore.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think I’m ready to finally play through all the Far Cry games, but I’ll wait for the next franchise / giant bundle sale.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Blattdorf posted:

The Void Rains Upon Her Heart is the perfect entry-level bullet hell. It's really the kind of game which you need to play a little bit first before you decide to write it off - a lot of the game's charm just doesn't come across the videos and screens. I only did one run, but I'm definitely going to be firing it up regularly over the coming weeks.

It's real good and if you've just finished one run you ain't seen nothing yet. It does a very good job easing you into higher difficulties, too -- I found myself eventually pulling off poo poo that I would have considered impossible when I started the game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Are the Far Cry 5 side stories worth anything?

There's one that takes place on mars and another in vietnam but I hardly hear anyone talking about them

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Blattdorf posted:

This looks AMAZING and there seem to be sixty bosses with variable difficulties???

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Are the Far Cry 5 side stories worth anything?

There's one that takes place on mars and another in vietnam but I hardly hear anyone talking about them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD8CYW865b4

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Go back and play far cry 2, aka the best far cry

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

teacup posted:

Go back and play far cry 2, aka the best far cry

It rules so much. I can’t imagine playing it on console, where there’s no quick save. That sounds infuriating. On PC though, where you won’t get set back half an hour for a blunder, hell yes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Does Far Cry 1 still hold up? I vaguely remember having a blast hang gliding over the jungle.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cartoon Man posted:

Does Far Cry 1 still hold up? I vaguely remember having a blast hang gliding over the jungle.

The beginning is still pretty fun, albeit pretty difficult. The end still sucks because of the trigens. It’s closer to Crysis than the rest of the far crys though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Have a review from a most eloquent resource.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGAuJz4dMU

This game has no stealth.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mierenneuker posted:

This game has no stealth.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/13520/discussions/0/619573787433651412/

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 19, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i have found out something very upsetting that i never noticed before

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1262745784925052935?s=20

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

they're sleeping

how oblivious can you get

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Artelier posted:

You're supposed to let sleeping dogs lie.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Oxxidation posted:

mad max's sound design is unimpeachable, it has some of the meatiest gunshot blasts and engine revs i've ever heard

can't say as much for the gameplay though

The art direction in general is fantastic. The sound is indeed amazing, and they made a deserted wasteland look incredibly pretty. There's nothing to do, but god drat if it doesn't look stunning. :v:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Imagine being able to buy a pork bun for a dog

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

FastestGunAlive posted:

Imagine being able to buy a pork bun for a dog

"Who's a sexy boy?!"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

~~You're a habitual flirt, na na na na~~

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Artelier posted:

Remember those pork buns? I have bad news.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Too Shy Guy posted:

I just so wish that they had made an actual melee combat system rather than just having you basically throw everything.

Hell just a dodge or a block key would have done wonders for me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

quote:

Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be automatically granted to all existing owners of Mafia II on Steam today at no additional cost. Additionally, all existing Mafia III owners on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, and Steam will be upgraded to Mafia III: Definitive Edition today at no additional cost. Customers who own a combination of titles will receive special reduced-price upgrade offers to complete their trilogy via in-game menus within each of the Mafia titles.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200519005131/en/Offer-Can%E2%80%99t-Refuse-2K-Announces-Mafia-Trilogy

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Some people got early copies of Mafia 2 Definitive Edition on PS4, and it's not a good one at all. It looks worse than the original game on PC and has audio issues (bad gun sounds, all character dialogue comes out of the left channel). PS4 version also comes with performance issues.

I hope they give all the DLC for Mafia 2 Classic, looks like you can't buy that any more. That is assuming the PC version of Mafia 2 DE is as lovely as the PS4 one is.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think Mafia II was either a free game or a $1 tier bundle some time ago so probably a lot of people can claim that upgrade.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so on the one hand, never give gearbox money. on the other hand, the bulletstorm remaster is 90% off.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/bandai-namco-4

1$
PAC MAN 256
ENSLAVED
Get Even

BTA
.hack//GU trilogy
Katamari Damacy :siren:
RAD

15$
TEKKEN 7
Tales of Berseria™

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bulletstorm full clip edition is $4. I’ve had this on my wishlist but I can’t remember why I put it there, is it worth it at that price?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/bandai-namco-4

1$
PAC MAN 256
ENSLAVED
Get Even

BTA
.hack//GU trilogy
Katamari Damacy :siren:
RAD

15$
TEKKEN 7
Tales of Berseria™

lmao i was like motherfucker! i just bought rad over the weekend on sale. but it was this rad https://store.steampowered.com/app/722560/RAD/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got the bundle for Katamari, I couldn't care less about anything else so I'm passing the savings onto yooouuuuu! (Please quote if you redeemed one)

Pac-Man: BLFP9
Enslaved: X2AGP
Get Even: WT3ID
.HACK: TAKEN
RAD: Lurked :mad:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 19, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

explosivo posted:

.HACK: 4LT9V

Thanks, I was always curious about this generation of hack since I played the first series (like a sucker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
i have zero faith in the Mafia 1 remake