Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
I wonder, what with states facing some serious funding crush and the death rates going up, how long will it takes before they realize it's easier to just drop dead bodies in the dumpster and toss them up on top of landfills? After all, there's already a operation in place, so why pay for an redundant job that's basically the same thing when you could just streamline both things and save some $$$?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
The headline makes it seem like they see this as good news. Didn’t Spain show a 5% infection rate and we all laughed because it showed that they’re hosed?

https://twitter.com/LANow/status/1262825362498760708?s=20

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

another fine Cinco brand product

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Hancock County TN just got its first case. This county is rural and tens of miles away from anything. There's literally nothing there so no one's traveling there. The people who live there are also too poor to travel anywhere else. This is the tip of the iceberg and I predict TN is totally hosed now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

nooneofconsequence posted:

gotta respect the government for being honest and saying "gently caress it you're on your own"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzPdUzygvE&t=43s

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Ebola Roulette posted:

Hancock County TN just got its first case. This county is rural and tens of miles away from anything. There's literally nothing there so no one's traveling there. The people who live there are also too poor to travel anywhere else. This is the tip of the iceberg and I predict TN is totally hosed now.

My parent's county in West Virginia finally moved from 1 case to 3 so I feel like that's probably a harbinger of bad things to come.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ebola Roulette posted:

There's a Hardee's, that's gotta be worth something.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
States outside of the NE are continuing to rack up higher and higher death tolls.

60 in Ohio. 59 in Indiana. 102 in Michigan. 145 in Illinois. Even lying-rear end Florida racked up 55.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

States outside of the NE are continuing to rack up higher and higher death tolls.

60 in Ohio. 59 in Indiana. 102 in Michigan. 145 in Illinois. Even lying-rear end Florida racked up 55.

im-doing-my-part.gif

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

That's a pretty nice Hardee's, Hancock County TN doesn't seem so bad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pump Jockey posted:

The headline makes it seem like they see this as good news. Didn’t Spain show a 5% infection rate and we all laughed because it showed that they’re hosed?

Yeah but LA never got hosed so it could be a good sign the strain is less bad or something it's probably just means the tests are lovely and either Spain is higher, LA is lower, or some combination of the two

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

never meet your heroes

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It feels like we're in a weird inbetween here. If say Illinois defaults on its debts, then what? You can't move Chicago or repossess a river. All the buildings and people there will continue to be there.

I'm not an attorney so I don't really see what functionally happens in that case, unless it's just paper changing hands and the Illinois treasurer just turning his pockets inside out and shrugging.

Probably the same thing that happened in Puerto Rico. The state goes into receivership and a bunch of unelected bean counters from far away come in and decide all monetary policy.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
very first response is "why doesn't he buy them himself?"

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Fredy Perlman and Edward Abbey were Right.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

UnknownTarget posted:

Probably the same thing that happened in Puerto Rico. The state goes into receivership and a bunch of unelected bean counters from far away come in and decide all monetary policy.

But who would do it?

It's not going to be China, it won't be the Feds (maybe?). There's no larger empire to put the boot down on the neck of the interior US.

Even a fed policy would be at risk of being dissolved whenever a popular politician felt pressure to do so or it became a less lucrative grift for their class contemporaries.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

But who would do it?

It's not going to be China, it won't be the Feds (maybe?). There's no larger empire to put the boot down on the neck of the interior US.

Even a fed policy would be at risk of being dissolved whenever a popular politician felt pressure to do so or it became a less lucrative grift for their class contemporaries.

Jeff Bezos

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

governor: Do whatever u want idk :shrug:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Well what happened to the soul I gave you last week?!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

euphronius posted:

governor: Do whatever u want idk :shrug:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

rip all the olds dying because employers killed or fired their caretakers

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Penisaurus Sex posted:

But who would do it?

hey remember that time Mohammed bin Salman toured the country a few years ago meeting with basically every VIP for no clear reason

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

hey remember that time Mohammed bin Salman toured the country a few years ago meeting with basically every VIP for no obvious reason

this is the dumbest possible future so sure, it'd be hilarious if every member of the KSA fled their dying hell country as it cooked to death and were just given a massive allotment in the Great Lakes region to do with what they pleased.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Iowa department of health covid tracker is removing cases from the "open" counties.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Penisaurus Sex posted:

this is the dumbest possible future so sure, it'd be hilarious if every member of the KSA fled their dying hell country as it cooked to death and were just given a massive allotment in the Great Lakes region to do with what they pleased.

i mean, we're basically talking about a bailout, right? someone to inject cash or collateral now, to keep things afloat in the short term, and become the benefactor of long term revenues. we've already been doing that for roads and utilities and poo poo for decades.

i can easily envision a fuzzy-yet-undeniable bi-partisan effort to crowd china out of that buyers' market. that means there's more on the table for the rest of international capital to snatch up.

this is the same, only more

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

The Iowa department of health covid tracker is removing cases from the "open" counties.

Lol, that was the update?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Thoguh posted:

Lol, that was the update?

No. I mean the numbers are going down. I keep track of my county and the neighboring 8 and the numbers are going down.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Ebola Roulette posted:

the person works at a jail apparently

https://www.theindychannel.com/coronavirus/confirmed-case-of-covid-19-at-hancock-county-sheriffs-department

e: or is that the wrong hancock county?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Penisaurus Sex posted:

But who would do it?

Probably a private agency appointed by the Feds or it would be given to the Federal Reserve.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1262843618483732480

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

ALFbrot posted:

another fine Cinco brand product

i hope he remembered to remove his teeth first

for real tho the muppet mask inventor is gonna get a billion dollar contract from trumo

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

maybe somebody should explain to the president that having lots of cases in a pandemic is in fact bad

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Pump Jockey posted:

Neat, I was a part of this study.

I guess they might retest us every month and possibly send us at home kits once they roll them out.

Not sure what the results mean yet but with more data we might be able to glean something.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
whoa Cali opening we up, time 2get my hair cuts yeeeehaww

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Homeless Friend posted:

Yeah I don't think LA will be opening up beyond where we're at any time soon.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dustcat posted:

maybe somebody should explain to the president that having lots of cases in a pandemic is in fact bad

I have a feeling that trying to explain anything to Trump is a total waste of time and energy.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wait, we can choose to participate? I want to make it clear I do NOT support this pandemic, where do I sign to be excluded?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/WHYYNews/status/1262827778182955011

People online were saying the citation is a 1,000 dollar fine.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lolie posted:

I have a feeling that trying to explain anything to Trump is a total waste of time and energy.

They tried to explain how one can kill germs with UV light or chemicals and he went INJECT LYSOL INTO MY VEINS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

Mel Gibson in Braveheart, except when he charges he yells "THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR HAIRCUTS"