Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have one faith in the mafia zero remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tae posted:

Thanks, I was always curious about this generation of hack since I played the first series (like a sucker)

It is extremely anime but in good ways and I enjoyed playing it as a teenager. I'm looking forward to replaying it now but I gotta beat Digimon first.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

It is extremely anime but in good ways and I enjoyed playing it as a teenager. I'm looking forward to replaying it now but I gotta beat Digimon first.

I should go back and play more of that, it was a blast.

Man, I never noticed that the Elite Dangerous client never closed properly or something. Now it looks like I was on a three day Elite bender.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Honestly my biggest regret is that teenage me played .hack infection/mutation/something/quarantine back to back with the gu trilogy and so I burned out on the final disc of the gu trilogy and left it half finished. I want to see how it ends, damnit. I want to see the culmination of Haseo growing from a lovely teenager into a decent one through the power of friendship.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Working my way through Jedi Fallen Order since the other half bought it for my birthday and holy gently caress how did this game make it out of testing with zero fast travel options. Even Dark Souls had primal bonfires. I even googled it to see if maybe I missed a tooltip or something but know, if you want to track down a missing poncho or a force echo, you gotta hoof it all the way there. And then you get to do a return trip to get to your ship. And honestly, it wouldn't even be that bad except that one planet in particular is a giant loving mess and it's hard to figure out how to get to entire chunks of the map because the map is so god damned hard to read. I just can't believe that no one at any point during development though "hey this sucks and isn't very fun."

UtahIsNotAState
Jun 27, 2006

Dick will make you slap somebody!
I bought the .hack remaster/bundle thing a while back and had forgotten about it. I started randomly playing it recently, and have been really enjoying it. I've really gotten into the concept that you're playing the game as someone playing a MMO.

The Sword Art Online series is on sale now, and was wondering if that's a good series to play if I am looking for a game that's similar to .hack. If so, which one should I pick up to start?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Deakul posted:

I just so wish that they had made an actual melee combat system rather than just having you basically throw everything.

Hell just a dodge or a block key would have done wonders for me.

Yeah, this was my big complaint too. As it is there's really no reason not to switch to heavy clubs once you unlock them. And then thrown spears just dominate everything beyond that.

In fact, that was my big problem with Primal in general. While the progression stuff was at least a fun experiment on their part, the actual nuts and bolts of it are kind of a mess. For instance, it's actually really easy to hunt down the materials you need for full cold protection before taking a single step into the mountains. At least the final recipe should've required, y'know, the fur of an animal that only lives in the mountains? Though frankly I'm not even sure if they properly balanced that area around being on a time limit.

Awesome! posted:

lmao i was like motherfucker! i just bought rad over the weekend on sale. but it was this rad https://store.steampowered.com/app/722560/RAD/

You linked the same game that's in the bundle? :confused:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

John Murdoch posted:

You linked the same game that's in the bundle? :confused:
earlier it was this https://store.steampowered.com/app/1011610/Radio_General/ looks like they changed it

also gently caress! at least bta is only $1 less than what i paid and i dont want anything else in there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ah god Wonderful 101 Remastered is so drat good.

Cowcaster posted:

i have one faith in the mafia zero remake

I for one am looking forward to Mafia Kiwami.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cartoon Man posted:

Bulletstorm full clip edition is $4. I’ve had this on my wishlist but I can’t remember why I put it there, is it worth it at that price?
It's a pretty fun spectacle shooter and I'd say you can expect to get at least that much value out of it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2351/Seafood_Platter/

Is this worth 2 whole dollars?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The BTA on that Bandai Namco Bundle 4 is pretty good. It's basically three games for the price of one.

In my quest to figure out how to utilize two monitors at once, I found out that you can offset the camera in EVE Online, so your ship is on one screen, the spreadsheets on the other, and a stellar view on both.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Yes absolutely. Don't look up anything else, just play Ace of Seafood.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Blattdorf posted:

In my quest to figure out how to utilize two monitors at once, I found out that you can offset the camera in EVE Online, so your ship is on one screen, the spreadsheets on the other, and a stellar view on both.

Yeah genuine cool feature. Very few games had a useful utilization of the 2nd screen. World in Conflict put the overview map there iirc

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

with Katamari in that bundle I was hoping it was this RAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_x95IOQc50

rad as heck

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo, fellow Troubleshooters, how the gently caress do you do the Scent of the Past mission as Irene? She just seems to get instantly bodied before I can even get a turn to turn on her ultra block armor, and this mission is apparently the source of several Irene-exclusive masteries.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

StrixNebulosa posted:

I want to see how it ends, damnit. I want to see the culmination of Haseo growing from a lovely teenager into a decent one through the power of friendship.
Watch the special OVA after that for extra ending. :ssh:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Anyone else hear about those recent rumors that Bloodborne may actually be coming to PC at some point in the relatively near future? I kind of want to believe it's true.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Thanks, I was always curious about this generation of hack since I played the first series (like a sucker)

it's a remaster of the first series if I'm reading this correctly?

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

Bulletstorm full clip edition is $4. I’ve had this on my wishlist but I can’t remember why I put it there, is it worth it at that price?

It was a lot of fun. I played it like 6 years ago but from what I remember you get to kick people into cactuses and poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rain dogs posted:

kick people into cactuses and poo poo.

Sold

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bulletstorm is all about racking up a huge score by killing enemies in creative ways, of which there are many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZWJocChAk

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Lord Lambeth posted:

it's a remaster of the first series if I'm reading this correctly?
No, this game set place seven years after the first series and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the previous cast.

The prologue is actually an anime .hack//Roots. Watch if you care about backstory and character motivation.

I really like the combat in this game. It's extremely satisfying.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, .hack//GU is a completely different series from .hack//SIGN. However, the version that you can get on Steam is a remastered version with improved graphics and such. Just check the Steam page, it will tell you about the differences.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

bulletstorm is all about racking up a huge score by killing enemies in creative ways, of which there are many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZWJocChAk

drat, how’d this not get GOTY? Is the rest of the game rear end?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the original was very well regarded. the remake is apparently pretty low effort and they removed the old version from the store to sell the new version so people were mad about it. just gearbox being gearbox

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I am extremely fond of these missions in House Flipper:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Cardiovorax posted:

Anyone else hear about those recent rumors that Bloodborne may actually be coming to PC at some point in the relatively near future? I kind of want to believe it's true.

There's been Bloodborne PC rumors for years. At this point I'll believe it when I see the Steam page, and a not a second earlier.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

horizon coming to pc probably kicked up the rumors again

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Awesome! posted:

the original was very well regarded. the remake is apparently pretty low effort and they removed the old version from the store to sell the new version so people were mad about it. just gearbox being gearbox

Did they ever remove GFWL from the og Steam version with a patch or anything? I remember the last time I tried to play it on Steam it wouldn't work "out of the box" so to speak.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Awesome! posted:

horizon coming to pc probably kicked up the rumors again

In the case of Horizon though it was probably a matter of opportunity since Death Stranding runs on the same engine and that was always getting a PC port.

Bloodborne finally coming to PC could make it reach the soaring heights of 26, maybe even 28fps!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

DrNutt posted:

Did they ever remove GFWL from the og Steam version with a patch or anything? I remember the last time I tried to play it on Steam it wouldn't work "out of the box" so to speak.
I was just about to ask whether there's a reason to buy the remake if I have the original version.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We’ll get Bloodborne around the same time we get Red Dead Redemption 1.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I don't think so.

Xander77 posted:

I was just about to ask whether there's a reason to buy the remake if I have the original version.

I think it's possible to get the original to work with some finagling though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There is a GFWL off patch for the original that should still be fairly easy to find and the original game holds up perfectly fine.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'd almost be willing to get the remaster if they didn't shove duke nukem in there for no reason

it's like that piss wizard kc green comic

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Okay, that's weird. I just checked my library and I have Mafia 3: Definitive Edition, and Mafia 2: Classic. I searched the store and discovered that I could find Mafia 2: Definitive Edition on the storefront, but when I clicked on it it says "this game is already in your library." I double checked and it certainly is not.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

explosivo posted:

Got the bundle for Katamari, I couldn't care less about anything else so I'm passing the savings onto yooouuuuu! (Please quote if you redeemed one)

Pac-Man: BLFP9
Enslaved: X2AGP
Get Even: WT3ID
.HACK: TAKEN
RAD: QJ575

Rad got lurked I think.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'd almost be willing to get the remaster if they didn't shove duke nukem in there for no reason

it's like that piss wizard kc green comic

you can pay less to get the one without him making GBS threads things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

drat, how’d this not get GOTY? Is the rest of the game rear end?
It is actually fantastic. Honestly, the biggest problem with the remake is that you're giving money to Gearbox.