Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Atrocious Joe posted:

next few weeks are going to be cool because if you don't want to venture out and get sick, you'll be the weirdo

Yeah this has been the past 3 weeks at my office. I finally just told my boss I don't feel comfortable because nobody is wearing masks or acting like anything has changed in the company. I'm working from home this week but id imagine I'm going to get some form of ultimatum next week because the company is 99.5% death cult chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/us/texas-church-covid19-priest-trnd/index.html

cant wait for this to become more common

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
i'm a doc in nyc and treat covid pts, got covid back in march, have poz antibodies, and donated plasma to treat pts. ama

be safe cspammers

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

BULBASAUR posted:

I wanted to hike this summer :(
unless it's a crowded narrow trail go hog wild

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

America has left California thinking behind forever, now we are truly free!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

sitting here with a grin stroking my covid vector pussy watching the world burn.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

facetoucher cat posted:

Unless you mean like the AT/PCT still kinda do it but just be careful about it because IIRC you're in the south. We went to Talladega last weekend and only saw 3 groups of people on the trail and the first group (6~ backpackers) saw us before we did and basically tried to crawl into a river to get away from us. We were able to scramble up the hill 10ft easier and it was actually really fun, we just waited 5 minutes after they passed and carried on. The fact it was Alabama and they tried that hard to socially distance said a lot to me about hikers and backpackers with all this (of course there's jerks)

We're not going to go car camping or to busy state parks but we're going hiking and definitely going camping. We're just going to be smart about it and plan ahead and bring tons of extra gear

Yeah, the plan was to go backpacking, but here in WA the parks aren't really open to that right now. Unless somebody drops you off, your car is there overnight or longer.

I need to find some unknown spots or go somewhere else with no enforcement, like Idaho or Montana

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Uuudar posted:

i'm a doc in nyc and treat covid pts, got covid back in march, have poz antibodies, and donated plasma to treat pts. ama

be safe cspammers

do chuds burst into flame when you give them non-chud plasma

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

12.7% in ny eh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

power word- Jeb! posted:

12.7% in ny eh

democrat deaths don't count

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah this has been the past 3 weeks at my office. I finally just told my boss I don't feel comfortable because nobody is wearing masks or acting like anything has changed in the company. I'm working from home this week but id imagine I'm going to get some form of ultimatum next week because the company is 99.5% death cult chuds.

lol I did the same at work and the response was putting me in charge of COVID guidelines and enforcement

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016041202031254X

Probably posted already but... Do not kneel for your false gods, hand washing and distancing

Airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2: The world should face the reality

Author links open overlay panelLidiaMorawskaaJunjiCaob
Show more
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2020.105730Get rights and content
Under a Creative Commons licenseopen access
Abstract
Hand washing and maintaining social distance are the main measures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) to avoid contracting COVID-19. Unfortunately, these measured do not prevent infection by inhalation of small droplets exhaled by an infected person that can travel distance of meters or tens of meters in the air and carry their viral content. Science explains the mechanisms of such transport and there is evidence that this is a significant route of infection in indoor environments. Despite this, no countries or authorities consider airborne spread of COVID-19 in their regulations to prevent infections transmission indoors. It is therefore extremely important, that the national authorities acknowledge the reality that the virus spreads through air, and recommend that adequate control measures be implemented to prevent further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, in particularly removal of the virus-laden droplets from indoor air by ventilation.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brazil is now the second country to have a 1000+ dead day (after the us)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Uuudar posted:

be safe cspammers

Hope you're recovering well.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Uuudar posted:

be safe cspammers

Does Covid exist, and if so how does it relate to 5G mind control (Bill Gates)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Uuudar posted:

be safe cspammers

how does it feel to be a crisis actor

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Lolie posted:

Hope you're recovering well.

i had a very mild case in the grand scheme of things, but def was weird

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Does Covid exist, and if so how does it relate to 5G mind control (Bill Gates)

yes, yes, and yes.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

how does it feel to be a crisis actor

pays alright

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

Unless you mean like the AT/PCT still kinda do it but just be careful about it because IIRC you're in the south. We went to Talladega last weekend and only saw 3 groups of people on the trail and the first group (6~ backpackers) saw us before we did and basically tried to crawl into a river to get away from us. We were able to scramble up the hill 10ft easier and it was actually really fun, we just waited 5 minutes after they passed and carried on. The fact it was Alabama and they tried that hard to socially distance said a lot to me about hikers and backpackers with all this (of course there's jerks)

We're not going to go car camping or to busy state parks but we're going hiking and definitely going camping. We're just going to be smart about it and plan ahead and bring tons of extra gear

I applaud your efforts, but unless the chuds have gotten to me, you probably don't need to wait anything like 5 minutes before passing through the same outdoor space. (Please tell me I'm right!)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Uuudar posted:

whats a mild case like

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Lmao this was a Catholic Church, meaning this priest and his five covid-positive priest buddies were probably handing out Jesus crackers to everyone on Sunday

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it's extremely easy to hike in the western us away from people especially if you don't go to a national park.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016041202031254X

Probably posted already but... Do not kneel for your false gods, hand washing and distancing

Airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2: The world should face the reality

Author links open overlay panelLidiaMorawskaaJunjiCaob
Show more
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2020.105730Get rights and content
Under a Creative Commons licenseopen access
Abstract
Hand washing and maintaining social distance are the main measures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) to avoid contracting COVID-19. Unfortunately, these measured do not prevent infection by inhalation of small droplets exhaled by an infected person that can travel distance of meters or tens of meters in the air and carry their viral content. Science explains the mechanisms of such transport and there is evidence that this is a significant route of infection in indoor environments. Despite this, no countries or authorities consider airborne spread of COVID-19 in their regulations to prevent infections transmission indoors. It is therefore extremely important, that the national authorities acknowledge the reality that the virus spreads through air, and recommend that adequate control measures be implemented to prevent further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, in particularly removal of the virus-laden droplets from indoor air by ventilation.

This sounds like something a small plexiglass partition and exact 6' spacing should resolve.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

I applaud your efforts, but unless the chuds have gotten to me, you probably don't need to wait anything like 5 minutes before passing through the same outdoor space. (Please tell me I'm right!)

backpackers like to give lots of space anyway

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

poty posted:

whats a mild case like

felt "off" first evening (like just something not right, no specific symptom), then intermittent dry cough for a week which then resolved, then whole body urticaria every night at 6:30pm for 5 days straight. then resolved.

never fever, body/back aches you hear a lot about, no sore throat, no lung symptoms

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Thesaurus posted:

This sounds like something a small plexiglass partition and exact 6' spacing should resolve.

Hey, we're spending millions to put UV sanitation into the HVAC vents at our offices so that the clean sterile air can blow covid virus cells off an infected person rather than dirty virus air.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

pokemon stay in your home.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zberan Madowinty posted:

We'll honestly still see pretty small-ish numbers, I mean, relatively. We'll get to maybe 200,000 by July at this rate. Huge loving number, but we won't get to, like, 2 mil.

Because even with the level of risk we're taking on, which is way too high yes, it's still small potatoes to the truly insane amount of risk we would be taking on if we opened up stadiums and poo poo. If that happens in Alabama for CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBAWWWWWW you'll see the population just getting obliterated.

Just imagine a stadium seating 80,000 in a computer simulation. One guy in red coughs, and the red spreads. He gets up to the concession stand and coughs, and the red spreads.

Keep this up for 3 hours. Now bring in another guy in red, and another, and another.

The one saving grace is it's an outdoor stadium. Domed college football stadiums (which are few, I can only think of Idaho and Northern Iowa) would be basically a biological weapon Bin Laden could never have dreamed of.

The big stadiums are a big ring with next to no wind getting into the stands when it's all heat and humidity so who the gently caress knows if being open air will even help

It frankly is worst case to have these numbers. They're so low that every government will be completely open by July 4 but a good 1/3 of the population still nervous as hell and not knowing what to do. Absolutely hosed and it's bound to become endemic as it just motors along through the population but doesn't have a huge outbreak due to lack of mass transit

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

hey remember that time Mohammed bin Salman toured the country a few years ago meeting with basically every VIP for no clear reason

KSA has been buying stakes in various entertainment & recreation companies over the past twelves months...which is probably about the 2nd worst industry to be in right now (after oil)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Uuudar posted:

One of our large hospitals is following up its covid-19 patients for a year and even mild cases seem to be experiencing a significant amount of post-viral fatigue.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 23:50 on May 19, 2020

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Lolie posted:

Be of our large hospitals is following up its covid-19 patients for a year and even mild cases seem to be experiencing a significant amount of post-viral fatigue.

yeah its weird i never felt that bad, don't think i've got residual anything. the spectrum of presentation and course of this virus is really insane

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat I knew I should have gone with 110,069 rather than 120,069

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Uuudar posted:

felt "off" first evening (like just something not right, no specific symptom), then intermittent dry cough for a week which then resolved, then whole body urticaria every night at 6:30pm for 5 days straight. then resolved.

never fever, body/back aches you hear a lot about, no sore throat, no lung symptoms

this was me in early-mid Feb, if I remember right, though I didn't have urticaria that I noticed. Just found out last night that a co-worker (who was also sick, a little bit before me) has a sister who is a nurse, was sick around the same time, and had a positive serology test last week, so whoops I possibly had it already. I had body aches but no fever, though, so who knows. In theory we'll have serology testing available around here sometime soon so I'm curious to see how it'd come back for me

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

aw hell yea costco delivery of Tang has arrived :worship: :worship:

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

MockingQuantum posted:

this was me in early-mid Feb, if I remember right, though I didn't have urticaria that I noticed. Just found out last night that a co-worker (who was also sick, a little bit before me) has a sister who is a nurse, was sick around the same time, and had a positive serology test last week, so whoops I possibly had it already. I had body aches but no fever, though, so who knows. In theory we'll have serology testing available around here sometime soon so I'm curious to see how it'd come back for me

yeah the interesting thing i wanna know is if my wife is sero poz. she's been asymp the entire time and we didn't do any distancing in the house when i had it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

power word- Jeb! posted:

12.7% in ny eh

it's almost like nursing homes aren't the only places people are at risk, it's just where people are at the most risk. a large outbreak will kill people everywhere.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
americans going to rock n roll on are troop day by ignoring the troops and bbqing and getting drunk

*two weeks later*

30,000 dead more

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

it's almost like nursing homes aren't the only places people are at risk, it's just where people are at the most risk. a large outbreak will kill people everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the boston bomber posted:

Lmao this was a Catholic Church, meaning this priest and his five covid-positive priest buddies were probably handing out Jesus crackers to everyone on Sunday

:hmmyes: it has been found in semen. this checks out

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 23:56 on May 19, 2020