Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
I just did a quick inventory of my fossils and I'm missing only one! If anyone can hook me up with a Spino Skull, I would pay handsomely for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Licarn posted:

Opening my island up for any hemisphere-challenged goons that want a Mush Lamp and want it Right Now

Can be customised to 4 great colours and one that looks like you need to see a doctor

Come get one, follow the path north of the airport.

Not sure how many goons are going to want these, I can still make a few more but the mushrooms they need are a limited resource.

I don't want anything but feel free to water the red and white roses in the fenced area by the plaza.

Please don't pick any roses, but help yourself to any non-rose flowers.

Dodo code is in the PGS thread

my island is a mess, please excuse the fences. And the shrubs. Oh god, the shrubs.

Took two, watered flowers, having a nice time catching Southern Hemisphere bugs and fish. Thanks!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bogart posted:

Friends, I come to you hat in hand. I've been trying to make a rock garden. Got the entire island covered in mannequins, it looks like real poo poo, but it was working. Until three days ago, when rocks stopped spawning, as near as I can tell, at all. Am I doing something wrong with the placement in my garden, are the rocks spawning somewhere bugged I can't get to, or am I just a man with a statistically significantly small brain?

https://twitter.com/bombastique/status/1262769320905437191

Try removing the walls below the last three spawn spots. Rock spawns can be suuuuuuper fiddly. Mine were being blocked by the stone arches I had at the entrance to the garden, despite the fact that I could dig a hole right next to them no problem! It might be like trees, where they need to have space on at least one side to "grow."

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

Haha no worries, I wondered who that was. It's all good, the queue is about as relaxed as expected for that price.

Really very helpful!- I went maybe too deep on turnips this week and this helped make sure I at least recoup my costs so my island doesn't plunge into bankruptcy :)

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

MussoliniB posted:

I just did a quick inventory of my fossils and I'm missing only one! If anyone can hook me up with a Spino Skull, I would pay handsomely for it.

I have a spino skull, my dodo code is in the PGS thread.

I Don’t want anything for it but feel free to water the red and white roses by the plaza if you really want to.

I’m wearing the knights helmet and the purple dress, by the shop near the plaza. Let me know it’s you so I can drop it for you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gnossiennes posted:

i started using clothing in my market areas in large part because i'm running out of storage for all my clothes :negative:

hot tip tho: it makes market areas look fuckin dope

My Fake Player 2 is a clothes mule for me now. I offloaded 360 clothes into the Dump last week, but now I'm funnelling it all to her. It works out because her house is a recreation of my work office - a Screenprinting shop so I have a thematic reason she will store a thousand shirts. We also do (or did before you know) Live Printing Booths at events so I'll also have a reason to store clothes outdoors while too lazy to pick them up by fake player 2.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm glad someone else is getting use out of them! My villagers refuse to wear my Blackhawks gear. They prefer to wear Poque's designs of shirts that say "FART" or "DADDY" on them.

fart is art

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Here are a few observations related to villager behavior to throw into the thread for hopeful confirmation:

-The "move-out" thought bubble seems to move every day, not every other day as someone mentioned,. On Sunday, it was Gloria for me. Monday, Doc. Today, it is Diva.
-You can talk, and gift, the person who wants to move out while your gates are open, since that interrupts the "thought" behavior.
-I am still testing a personal hypothesis that thought bubbles are rate limited in some fashion. It seems like there can only be one "thought" per hour. Example: today, during the 1pm hour, Doc gave me an item. I left on a Nook Miles trip, came back at 1:57, passed by Diva and went inside. Went outside at 2pm, Diva had a thought bubble.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Licarn posted:

Opening my island up for any hemisphere-challenged goons that want a Mush Lamp and want it Right Now

Thanks! Watered roses and donated a little to the bridge. Going to poke around fishing for another minute.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This game makes me feel old, but only because I remember playing AC:WW when we were all 18-22 years old and snickering about dickbutts and penis farts

Now we're playing Animal Crossing in 2020 but saying "PLEASE don't draw Goatse on my island; I share it with my wife and my six kids are usually watching me play!!!"

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Aw yea just got Raymond from a nook miles ticket.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Licarn posted:

Took two, watered flowers, thank you!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This game makes me feel old, but only because I remember playing AC:WW when we were all 18-22 years old and snickering about dickbutts and penis farts

Those were the days

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I literally just burst out laughing upon checking my message board

4/28 Asadasa from Koholint
"I WILL NEVER CATCH AN ANT"
5/19 Asadasa from Koholint
"I CAUGHT AN ANT"

:bubblewoop:

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Opening the island of Aranaktu for a few hours, please take from my pile of spare fossils. We also have an exciting hedge maze to nowhere.

Code: closed

Pump Jockey fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 19, 2020

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
How long do you have between a resident leaving and someone random moving in to replace them? I finally had one of my villagers leave but I waited like 2 days to island hop and they were replaced with Megan and I already have a pink lady bear on my island (Pinky) :(

Cool Dogs Only
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Turnips at 368 and I'm sitting around in meetings all afternoon so I figured I'd open a small queue in case anyone wants to get a decent price with (hopefully) little stress.
http://turnip.exchange/island/aea044ef

Tips definitely not required, also Friga is/was crafting a golden seat. Or just grab the card, I apparently already learned it.

Update: Lucha is crafting acoustic guitar

Thanks for letting me sell turnips. I love your giant "HI" landmark!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Ben Nerevarine posted:

How long do you have between a resident leaving and someone random moving in to replace them? I finally had one of my villagers leave but I waited like 2 days to island hop and they were replaced with Megan and I already have a pink lady bear on my island (Pinky) :(

An empty lot can get sold the very next day. To be safe you should do go looking for a new resident on the same day the empty lot appears.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey everyone, I have Pinky (peppy pink panda) in boxes today. Anyone interested in calling dibs on her? If not I’ll post a public (to goons) dodo code in the other thread.

Nervous about opening my island because I’ve never had any non-IRL friends over before and its kind of a mess right now (reconfiguring the main district and have random flowers and furniture parked everywhere) :ohdear:

On the other hand I have a pile of duplicate DIYs and fossils lying around in the middle of town that I would really like to get rid of and figured it would be better to try to give them away before selling them off.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Edit: Closed!

Viridiant fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 20, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Licarn posted:

Can be customised to 4 great colours and one that looks like you need to see a doctor

Come get one, follow the path north of the airport.

Not sure how many goons are going to want these, I can still make a few more but the mushrooms they need are a limited resource.

I don't want anything but feel free to water the red and white roses in the fenced area by the plaza.

Please don't pick any roses, but help yourself to any non-rose flowers.

Dodo code is in the PGS thread

my island is a mess, please excuse the fences. And the shrubs. Oh god, the shrubs.

Hey thanks! I grabbed four so I left you 10k bells. I would've left more but I forgot to fill my wallet beforehand

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Bangle the boring-rear end tiger is in boxes today if someone wants her. Redd is also in town. He’s got (what I assume are) a fake headless woman with wings statue, fake dude in circle painting and a possibly real painting of fruit or some poo poo. Nothing else interesting going on but you can shop or something if you want. Book’s is selling hot garbage. Oh and my horse may still be making shell arch diy

Dodo code: 34QPH

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cool Dogs Only posted:

Thanks for letting me sell turnips. I love your giant "HI" landmark!

Haha thank you...I just need to open up more at night when it's all lit up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Prowler posted:

-I am still testing a personal hypothesis that thought bubbles are rate limited in some fashion. It seems like there can only be one "thought" per hour. Example: today, during the 1pm hour, Doc gave me an item. I left on a Nook Miles trip, came back at 1:57, passed by Diva and went inside. Went outside at 2pm, Diva had a thought bubble.

I've definitely had multiple thought bubbles within the same lap around the island. Just clothes or catchphrase stuff though.

"Call Resident" also seems to summon all villagers to the square and prompts their "thoughts" to trigger.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

nexous posted:

Aw yea just got Raymond from a nook miles ticket.

Hey! Me too!

Which brings me to my next point:

How long until you can give a new villager stuff everyday?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Thanks everyone who visited (not to mention all the tips), this was the most folks I've had over.

Also thanks for the fine art, not to mention letting me know you can move house furniture even while folks are on the island :aaaaa:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I've definitely had multiple thought bubbles within the same lap around the island. Just clothes or catchphrase stuff though.

"Call Resident" also seems to summon all villagers to the square and prompts their "thoughts" to trigger.

Yeah, I figured, and I am pretty sure that's the case. I just want to insert some order in the chaos (RNG).

Edit: I'm also just in fear of one everlasting thought bubble overwriting the others.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 19, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wait, where is "Call Resident"? Is that a phone option? How have I missed that?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

TheBizzness posted:

How long until you can give a new villager stuff everyday?

5 days of talking to them at least once per day. They start at 25 friendship and you need 30 to give them gifts, you get 1 friendship the first time you talk to them each day. It can be faster than 5 days if you get a random event that increases friendship like catching a flea on them or they offer to buy something off you.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Wait, where is "Call Resident"? Is that a phone option? How have I missed that?

You get it when you move a second account's character in, it's to get them to join up for local multiplayer.

Maybe it calls everyone else too, I've never gotten it to work right on my own with the joycons + a pro controller for some reason.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Licarn posted:

closed up now, thanks goons for playing nice and making my flowers sparkle :sparkles:

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

I’ve opened my island so I can get rid of stuff and hopefully find a home for Pinky so she doesn’t disappear into the void. Code is in the private server thread.

I hope you guys like my island :kiddo:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Clay looks cool but Lazy villagers are really poo poo this time around. All they do is talk to bugs and have 40 IQ

i have three lazy villagers :negative:

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Elvis is DIYing iron armor.

Dodo code is

Closed, he stopped making it.

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 20, 2020

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

WE GOT DIYS WE GOT FOSSILS WE GOT FURNITURE, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

My beach is coated in garbage (the good kind).
I have a ton of excess items, so come on by and take your pick. All unclaimed items will be sold after today.

Now for the others.
Nook's
Fan palm-1,200
Hammock-1,300
Deluxe washer(red)76,000

Able 's
Comedian outfit
Ballet outfit
Bath-towel wrap
Farmer overalls
Zap helmet

I am looking for 2 diy recipes Decoy Duck, and Plain wooden shop sign.

Dork code:9LXQB
I will most likely be AFK. Please don't pick the flowers.

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 20, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
We're having another meteor shower on Mau-Mau! I'll keep the gates open until 9:30 pm EST.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

There's a ton of stuff available in the giveaway area, including fossils and various other things. Just follow the path from the airport, you can't miss it.

Best viewing for shooting stars is up on the northwest side. I'll be up there in a stellar jumpsuit and star shades, mostly AFK.

Rowan is making an oil-barrel bathtub. His house is next to the beach on the northwest side of the island at the base of the cliffs.

Nooks has a pink diner counter chair (1100) and incense burners and cute music players. Turnip prices are 180.

Able sisters have Noble coats, quilted jackets, sweater on shirt, trench coat, belted wraparound skirt, three-quarter sweatpants and flight-crew uniforms

Saharah and Celeste are visiting and wandering around if you can find them. (That's the trouble with opening up your island with ramps and steps. Visitors like them will take advantage and go all over.)

I'm looking for a Shark Tooth Print fossil if anyone has a spare. Feel free to water the roses and mums up on the cliffs and the roses and windflowers in front of Nooks and the museum if you have time.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 20, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Queen Victorian posted:

I’ve opened my island so I can get rid of stuff and hopefully find a home for Pinky so she doesn’t disappear into the void. Code is in the private server thread.

I hope you guys like my island :kiddo:

I love it! I comm errored our before I could leave a message on your board with a drawing of a bunch of flowers :love:

E: aw man I can’t compete with all this! :shobon: 3 Flats is closed after all

E-flat fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 20, 2020

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How many types of arcade games are there? I have 3 so far (fighting, mahjong, and I think puzzle)

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

There's a space shooter game as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Gnossiennes posted:

i have three lazy villagers :negative:

I have basically this same screenshot with Deli, but I love it and him and my two other Lazy villagers. They’re my favorite type by far, for precisely the same reasons other people seem to dislike them.