Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Incorporate a face shield into your apocalypse gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRE6kXAsBII

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How far the party of Mao "Death to landlords" Zedong has fallen

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Man Musk posted:

covid demonstration in China, asking for rent freeze

https://twitter.com/JenniferHYChan/status/1247087254344007680

small business owners are a liability to public health

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That article about "why is no one taking airborne transmission seriously" is kind of a joke, it's extremely obvious why no one is treating that risk seriously and it's because it means 100% shutdown of everything which capitalism cannot abide

Like yeah no poo poo it's weird the media is deathly silent about that possibility it's almost like the whole thing is loving Kabuki theater and has been all along

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ReutersJamie/status/1262337887514906624?s=20
https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1262841259649118209?s=20

wrap it up Jailures

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Man Musk posted:

aw hell yea costco delivery of Tang has arrived :worship: :worship:

quarantine it for a week or you’ll die of covid

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

mastershakeman posted:

That article about "why is no one taking airborne transmission seriously" is kind of a joke, it's extremely obvious why no one is treating that risk seriously and it's because it means 100% shutdown of everything which capitalism cannot abide

Like yeah no poo poo it's weird the media is deathly silent about that possibility it's almost like the whole thing is loving Kabuki theater and has been all along

That's not what it means though because minimum infectious dose is also a factor. If one virion infected you this thing would have an R0 over 10. It means that managing air circulation is critical to managing risk.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah, the plan was to go backpacking, but here in WA the parks aren't really open to that right now. Unless somebody drops you off, your car is there overnight or longer.

I need to find some unknown spots or go somewhere else with no enforcement, like Idaho or Montana

Make a run for the [Idaho] border

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Thoguh posted:

I don't think being outdoors will matter much when you are cheek to cheek with tens of thousands of people. Same reason I'd go to a park for an outdoor yoga class or something right now but not for a concert.

u just gotta cough at the sun. it's broadbeam UV radiation will infiltrate ur body through ur mouth and spread healing photons thru ur system.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i like that. it always seems so inhuman not to laugh in situations like that

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just a reminder that cats can get the roni too

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1158486891701784576/pu/vid/480x854/-rea4nwqV5GbXIyN.mp4

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

u just gotta cough at the sun. it's broadbeam UV radiation will infiltrate ur body through ur mouth and spread healing photons thru ur system.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

That's not what it means though because minimum infectious dose is also a factor. If one virion infected you this thing would have an R0 over 10. It means that managing air circulation is critical to managing risk.

And how are you going to do that in a culture that can only work , live and be entertained in air conditioning

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1262875139349364739?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Uuudar posted:

i'm a doc in nyc and treat covid pts, got covid back in march, have poz antibodies, and donated plasma to treat pts. ama

be safe cspammers

i live with my dad and I'm pretty sure he had it in early March but he didn't want to go to the hospital (he was afraid he would catch Covid if he went(???)) and I wanted to get antibody tests for us are the citymd ones worth a poo poo or no.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Uuudar posted:

whole body urticaria every night at 6:30pm for 5 days straight.
Oof, don't underrate that. Before my red meat allergy was diagnosed I broke out a few times randomly and it's just the worst.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Uuudar posted:

i'm a doc in nyc and treat covid pts, got covid back in march, have poz antibodies, and donated plasma to treat pts. ama

be safe cspammers

poz my IgG hole

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

are you still contagious if you survive and feel kind of ok?

a friend had it a month ago (in Cali, got intubated) and wants to come visit...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The US will keep adjusting the death numbers down and we will hit zero by the end of June.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

heat seeking micro droplets

lowering my signature by downing a tub of ice cream

this is increasing my radar cross section substantially so i hope roni can't do that yet

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Our guidelines need to be more explicit about not taking.

Stop the spread. Shut the gently caress up.

Dipshit security guard with a scarf over his head talking to another security guard as I pass: *raucous laughter that releases virus*

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
What happened?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it was just brought to my attention that mexico has a covid meme that says that covid doesn't exist. instead doctors are draining the liquid from your knees.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy CATS today's numbers :eyepop:

+20k USA, 1500 deaths, pretty normal

But BRASIL and RUSSIA are sky loving rocketing up the rankings. Russia (+9250 cases) claimed #2 several days ago, Brazil surpassed the UK and has :siren: 16,500 new cases!!! :siren: today!

India, Peru, Chile, Mexico all gaining hard too

It is also a TUESDAY, typically one of the slowest days of the week for Covid Number. There never was a first peak. We're still in the loving ascent *to* the first peak!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Tuesdays one of the highest days you madman

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mastershakeman posted:

We could have at least used the lockdown time to get together comprehensive testing and tracing plans.

we didn't do anything lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

quote:

Lockdown in Malaysia. 30 days without aircon in department store Metrojaya.

https://www.facebook.com/163457140936755/posts/544625582819907/?d=n

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

Naturally distressed, people pay good money for that.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We could have at least used the lockdown time to get together comprehensive testing and tracing plans.

Nope! Two months in and even Good State Illinois is just starting a contact tracing pilot program with two counties, neither of them Cook

State budgets probably hosed this over more than anything else because they just can't hire like the feds can, and the feds didn't care

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look at this pleb who doesn't wear cave-aged leather

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

a/c has been keeping at bay the next big outbreak, moldmen

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Now now, we capitulated to a couple of astroturfed white middle class suburban chud snowflakes that cries about not getting a haircut.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

SKULL.GIF posted:

But BRASIL and RUSSIA are sky loving rocketing up the rankings. Russia (+9250 cases) claimed #2 several days ago, Brazil surpassed the UK and has :siren: 16,500 new cases!!! :siren: today!

It is also a TUESDAY, typically one of the slowest days of the week for Covid Number. There never was a first peak. We're still in the loving ascent *to* the first peak!

Yeah but Russia only has like 3 deaths so they're actually good op.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Tuesday is always the big day, OP.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

Tuesdays one of the highest days you madman

? No, it's Friday > Thursday = Saturday > Wednesday = Tuesday, with some wiggle room for variance, with the lowest numbers coming on Monday and Sunday.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's always nice to see gains

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

now thats what I call "super tuesday"!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nature is healing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Even without ac you have big virus clouds when people are in large long indoor gatherings, I know China has been shutting off ac but based on the outbreaks in countries with less ac it's kinda like eh if they want to give it a shot sure