Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mastershakeman posted:

Nope! Two months in and even Good State Illinois is just starting a contact tracing pilot program with two counties, neither of them Cook

State budgets probably hosed this over more than anything else because they just can't hire like the feds can, and the feds didn't care

Weird, it's almost as if states were not, and could never ever be capable of responding to a pandemic on their own. It's almost as if there should be some sort of confederation of states bound into a federal system meant to respond to such a massive overarching problem.

Letting trump get away with labelling covid as a state problem and trundling off to watch tv is one of the biggest failures of this pandemic. How the gently caress do you let someone so loving stupid completely shape the narrative like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Asproigerosis posted:

Weird, it's almost as if states were not, and could never ever be capable of responding to a pandemic on their own. It's almost as if there should be some sort of confederation of states bound into a federal system meant to respond to such a massive overarching problem.

Letting trump get away with labelling covid as a state problem and trundling off to watch tv is one of the biggest failures of this pandemic. How the gently caress do you let someone so loving stupid completely shape the narrative like that?

they don’t care. none of them. or so few of them as to be effectively meaningless.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pGncD9jV8

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

they don’t care. none of them. or so few of them as to be effectively meaningless.

They have lost track of how their lifestyle relies on reality bc the surplus is so massive and has been for so long

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

it's almost like nursing homes aren't the only places people are at risk, it's just where people are at the most risk. a large outbreak will kill people everywhere.

its also funny how these ghouls will protest the governmental regulations and labor protections that would prevent the vast majority of those nursing home deaths

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/EverySheriff/status/1240569307379236865

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmao @ Ecuador

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Helith posted:

I'm going to the hairdresser this arvo, it'll be the only place apart from home and the local supermarket that I've been to in 3 months.
Is the Aussie CovidSafe app working properly on iphones now, does anyone know?

https://twitter.com/marquelawyers/status/1262713447554277377

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Asproigerosis posted:

By having the opposition party content to do nothing under the delusion that somehow not doing anything during a crisis will play so well with voters that it'll surely hand them the presidency?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A good look

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinCate/status/1262865575044362246

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Holy CATS today's numbers :eyepop:

+20k USA, 1500 deaths, pretty normal

But BRASIL and RUSSIA are sky loving rocketing up the rankings. Russia (+9250 cases) claimed #2 several days ago, Brazil surpassed the UK and has :siren: 16,500 new cases!!! :siren: today!

India, Peru, Chile, Mexico all gaining hard too

It is also a TUESDAY, typically one of the slowest days of the week for Covid Number. There never was a first peak. We're still in the loving ascent *to* the first peak!

thank u mr president trump for building WALL

Also I hope madjackal is alright, haven't seen him on in awhile.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Time to buy cheap clothes

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get hosed Texas GOP

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1262909673113554944

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
At this point the incompetency has to be intentional.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-19/covid-patients-testing-positive-after-recovery-aren-t-infectious

quote:

Researchers are finding evidence that patients who test positive for the coronavirus after recovering aren’t capable of transmitting the infection, and could have the antibodies that prevent them from falling sick again.

Scientists from the Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied 285 Covid-19 survivors who had tested positive for the coronavirus after their illness had apparently resolved, as indicated by a previous negative test result. The so-called re-positive patients weren’t found to have spread any lingering infection, and virus samples collected from them couldn’t be grown in culture, indicating the patients were shedding non-infectious or dead virus particles.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh good, COVID is now grey goo and is infecting inanimate objects :ohdear:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I have such little faith in fashion that I thought at first this was the latest trend.

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Naturally distressed, people pay good money for that.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Look at this pleb who doesn't wear cave-aged leather

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I guess I didn't realize that many people had tested positive after their symptoms had resolved but it doesn't surprise me

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

2DCAT posted:

Yeah but Russia only has like 3 deaths so they're actually good op.

and they are all from doctors who “fell” out of third floor windows

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

and they are all from doctors who “fell” out of third floor windows

fresh air after quarantine is understandable!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Case Updates

New Cases: 0 Confirmed + 0 Probable

Active cases (total minus recovered and deaths): 35

:toot:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Case Updates

Hawaii had another zero day as well :toot:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

good news? heh, yeah right. I know good news are a trick by now

by the way the Bob Rubin special on Netflix is real good

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Uuudar posted:

i'm a doc in nyc and treat covid pts, got covid back in march, have poz antibodies, and donated plasma to treat pts. ama

be safe cspammers

what do you think about the "I guess we'll stop trying to contain the virus" attitude sweeping the nation? how would you say the medical community feels about it?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Nonsense posted:

fresh air after quarantine is understandable!

It's even said itt that open air lessens the chance of contracting it. If you're not breathing you can't catch coronavirus *head tapping meme*

Okay that's not true it can just land in your eyeballs

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Case Updates

What southern governor are you?

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Are Kiwis and Hawaiians talking about how they're going to deal with the rest of the world yet? What's the political conversation like? Is there a OPEN THE BOARDERS FOR TOURISM conservative crowd?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Inceltown posted:

lmao @ Ecuador

Lol look at the us revving up lol number go up!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Crazypoops posted:

Lol look at the us revving up lol number go up!

ehh to be fair most other countries probably aren’t testing too hard

although Peru, seriously whats going on there, it’s a tiny country

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Inceltown posted:

lmao @ Ecuador

Hell yeah i loved playing scorched earth

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Stereotype posted:

Hawaii had another zero day as well :toot:

Hell yeah brother

COVID-420 posted:

Are Kiwis and Hawaiians talking about how they're going to deal with the rest of the world yet? What's the political conversation like? Is there a OPEN THE BOARDERS FOR TOURISM conservative crowd?

we're closed border until the end of the year minimum, by the sounds of it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hell yeah brother

we're closed border until the end of the year minimum, by the sounds of it

hmmm, Hawaiians would rather chill by their beaches disease free instead of risking death to make more money from dumbass tourists?

hosed up man...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Hell yeah i loved playing scorched earth

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Satan wins again

quote:

Churches that reopened are closing again as the virus spreads.
Source: The New York Times

After briefly reopening for in-person worship services, a few churches have had to close again as the virus spread in their pews.

Holy Ghost Catholic Church in Houston closed after five leaders tested positive last weekend, following the death of one priest, Rev. Donnell Kirchner, who had been diagnosed with pneumonia. His immediate cause of death was unknown.

The church had reopened for limited Mass on May 2, and two of the priests who tested positive had been active in celebrations. The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston recommended that people who attended get tested.

In Ringgold, Ga., Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle started in-person services again in late April but stopped on May 11 after learning that members of several families had contracted the virus. Local health officials have been investigating three cases connected to the church. Services are currently closed indefinitely.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Churches were temporarily undecided about whether they wanted their partitioners to die, but then made a tentative decision against it.

Edit: today marks the third straight week of no confirmed new cases in this prefecture, but they're still being selective about who gets tested so who knows. I'm on the subway now and there's a few people here and there without masks but most people are still keeping precautions as much as they can.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 02:30 on May 20, 2020

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

COVID-420 posted:

what do you think about the "I guess we'll stop trying to contain the virus" attitude sweeping the nation? how would you say the medical community feels about it?

Fatalistic acceptance. It's the same mentality in health care as the general public, as far as being in an area not utterly ravaged by the roni. Most of the staff are excited to OPENERUP as we started doing electives this week. Going back to 'normal'. Might as well dehumanize and face to bloodshed at this point. Can't stop all the loving morons from superspreading and those in power have a vested interest in encouraging them.

Roni is just an incredibly unsexy disease. In a simplistic generalizarion, it's just viral pneumonia ARDS. poo poo you see every day in the hospital. Mostly just supportive care as you wait for the patient to either fight it off or die to it on their own over weeks.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
They thought god would protect them

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Churches were temporarily undecided about whether they wanted their partitioners to die, but then made a tentative decision against it.

whats the church that doesn’t believe in medicine? James Hetfield’s mom died because of it

time to test their beliefs I guess

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/tomtomorrow/status/1262877449806848003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

They thought god would protect them
Deep down though, did they really believe God was going to keep money in the collection plates?