Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

what an idiot, he doesn’t understand

if said dumbasses get sick, it will be because of a targeted Chinese Governmwnt attack to bring down America via 5G or some poo poo

none of the idiots denying this today will accept they’re wrong even if someone close to them dies (DOCTORS KILLED HIM! COVID DOESNT EXIST)

Jeanine Pirro is screaming REOPEN THE ECONOMERR while bunkered in her house

if they die they’ll die with covid not of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Civ is going to need to patch in an idiotic death cult religion or something

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Summary of situation in NJ today at Atilis Gym

https://mobile.twitter.com/EllieRushing/status/1262782962392797184

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealBasedMAGA/status/1262813647757344768

quote:

“Five other individuals were issued summons violations of the Governor’s order for utilizing Atilis Gym," the Bellmawr Police Department said in a statement.

“One individual was charged with organizing a protest in violation of the Governor’s Order.”Police approached each member as they exited the gym and asked for their names and license-plate information.

Officers told people they would be summoned for violating the governor’s orders.Despite the more aggressive stance by police Tuesday, Smith and Trumbetti were not deterred. If anything, the police action affirmed their determination to reopen.

“We’re just being harassed,” said Smith. “You’re going after free citizens who have not broken any laws, and you’re intimidating them with ... financial threats, with potential imprisonment.”

Trumbetti said of Murphy’s warning: "He was expecting us to give in and we’re not. I’m going to have to be locked behind bars to not open these doors.”

Officers also cracked down on the protesters, asking them to stay inside their cars. Ayla Wolf, who has organized various protests to reopen New Jersey, was charged with organizing a protest and violating the executive order.

"No gathering of more than 10 people!” one officer yelled at supporters gathering to buy Atilis Gym T-shirts. “We don’t want to charge anybody, but you’re going to force us to.”

Many of the members who arrived were not scared of legal ramifications. Fallon Foca, 18, said he would continue coming to the gym if it remained open.

“This is more than just working out,” said Foca of Marlton. “At a gym like this, a lot of the members have been through a lot. This is a release."

“I’ll figure it out,” he said when asked about potential fines. “Lifting at home is just not the same.”

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
whats the cspam covid thread consensus on the falling daily US cases anyway

are the infections actually down or is it some accounting bullshit

it's definitely going to shoot back up into exponential territory in a few weeks right? or are enough people staying inside that it's just going to creep up or stay flat until 2030

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Asproigerosis posted:

Fatalistic acceptance. It's the same mentality in health care as the general public, as far as being in an area not utterly ravaged by the roni. Most of the staff are excited to OPENERUP as we started doing electives this week. Going back to 'normal'. Might as well dehumanize and face to bloodshed at this point. Can't stop all the loving morons from superspreading and those in power have a vested interest in encouraging them.

Roni is just an incredibly unsexy disease. In a simplistic generalizarion, it's just viral pneumonia ARDS. poo poo you see every day in the hospital. Mostly just supportive care as you wait for the patient to either fight it off or die to it on their own over weeks.

Big time thanks for sharing. Surprised nobody's anxious about a potential overwhelming rush in patients.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

it's definitely going to shoot back up into exponential territory in a few weeks right? or are enough people staying inside that it's just going to creep up or stay flat until 2030

The official stance, and I speak for everyone here, is lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

imagine if americans could work up the nerve to commit to civil disobedience about any issue other than the right to die for number

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

It would need to be a trend lasting at least a couple of weeks to be significant.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

u just gotta cough at the sun. it's broadbeam UV radiation will infiltrate ur body through ur mouth and spread healing photons thru ur system.

nah bro the 5G signals interrupt the process

bill gates has been planning this for decades

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jazerus posted:

imagine if americans could work up the nerve to commit to civil disobedience about any issue other than the right to die for number

They do, in large numbers. But the cops aren't on thier side so they get arrested and also the media doesn't cover it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

It's all over, we beat it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lpzie posted:

a/c has been keeping at bay the next big outbreak, moldmen

but sir

mr bannon is already here

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Cases dropped from 35k average daily to 20k average daily because lockdowns work.

Mind you 20k is still abysmal and its because the USA did a half-assed job at locking down but lockdowns still work.

Lolie posted:

It would need to be a trend lasting at least a couple of weeks to be significant.

Its definitely a significant trend.

But we're about to see another trend...

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

trumo is here

how could u forget the mold neck

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

COVID-420 posted:

Cases dropped from 35k average daily to 20k average daily because lockdowns work.

Mind you 20k is still abysmal and its because the USA did a half-assed job at locking down but lockdowns still work.

You know after the 5 day to 14 day incubation I imagine the numbers will be hilarious after the Chud "Open up ASAP!" push

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Salt Fish posted:

At this point I don't even care about getting sick, I'm just staying inside every day out of some kind of weird spite. I watch the people outside walking around without masks and I despise them, but they will never break my will to not see or touch another human again.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

people who walk around without masks are insane monsters

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

It's a combination of aggressive states like NYC pulling the daily totals down, and chud governors in Texas, Florida, and Georgia cooking the books.

But the end of lockout will make this explode again. As pitiful as our lockdown attempts were (idiots just hanging out at wal mart for hours) they kinda blunted it. but now? gently caress me up fam

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

COVID-420 posted:

Big time thanks for sharing. Surprised nobody's anxious about a potential overwhelming rush in patients.

In a way, my anecdotal experience is skewed since we never had an inundation of roni victims. It's been 2 months of sitting on edge waiting for it and just having blue balls as a result. They put up a triage tent outside the ED intended for doing rapid screening and triage of the masses and the only use it has seen so far is to serve staff free breakfast/lunch. I suspect this has been the experience for a vast majority of the country and part of why there isn't a huge pushback against the open up brigades. Boring is probably the best word to describe it. We're now in a dangerous lull of complacency that surely won't bite us in the rear end.

I definitely expect the thought process to be completely different in hard hit areas.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1262893940858138624

The roni is getting a degree

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
How do you make any judgment about case trends when we have evidence that at least several states (TX, FL, GA, VA, CO) are reporting untrue numbers?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

COVID-420 posted:

Is this going to be like when cspam promised me that Super Tuesday would be the day of reckoning when Bernie exacts his sweet revenge?

Because :(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1262925847654051840

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_1CIwwEIA

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Rah! posted:

nah bro the 5G signals interrupt the process

bill gates has been planning this for decades

yes but he hosed up

he left a YouTube Video up detailing his plan on how to release a virus

could’ve been flawless except for this lil evidence with 28Million views, which only super smarts like myself have noticed

also he’s been spending his money fighting malaria and lack of water access all over the world, it only makes sense that he wants humans to die of mind control now... think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

In a way, my anecdotal experience is skewed since we never had an inundation of roni victims. It's been 2 months of sitting on edge waiting for it and just having blue balls as a result. They put up a triage tent outside the ED intended for doing rapid screening and triage of the masses and the only use it has seen so far is to serve staff free breakfast/lunch. I suspect this has been the experience for a vast majority of the country and part of why there isn't a huge pushback against the open up brigades. Boring is probably the best word to describe it. We're now in a dangerous lull of complacency that surely won't bite us in the rear end.

I definitely expect the thought process to be completely different in hard hit areas.

So the Roni was a Democrat fraud after all...

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Penisaurus Sex posted:

How do you make any judgment about case trends when we have evidence that at least several states (TX, FL, GA, VA, CO) are reporting untrue numbers?

The numbers aren't "untrue" as in mysterious black boxes that we don't know anything about. The numbers are undercounts.

Reported cases and deaths represent a floor of total cases and deaths. We don't know the ceiling. Evidence suggests that the real death count is 20-50% higher than the reported death count and the total case count could be 5-20x higher. I expect these ratios to increase as states cook the books at higher and higher temps.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Lpzie posted:

stroking my covid vector pussy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

yes but he hosed up

he left a YouTube Video up detailing his plan on how to release a virus

could’ve been flawless except for this lil evidence with 28Million views, which only super smarts like myself have noticed

also he’s been spending his money fighting malaria and lack of water access all over the world, it only makes sense that he wants humans to die of mind control now... think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

gotta get rid of the malaria to make more room for the covid, and water is a well known carcinogen, it makes sense

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I haven't gotten the letter yet but the IRS website says my stimulus check is on the way and I just got my 2019 refund check today. Lol that my refund was only like $40 because of Trump's "tax cuts" that were just a reduced withholding. Like, I could have done that myself you big orange dumbass.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

COVID-420 posted:

We have a population of 25 million and were using a benchmark of 20 new cases or less nationally per day as an indicator of the extent to which we had transmission of the virus under control to start lifting restrictions. The US has 13 times our population, so the equivalent benchmark would be 260 new cases nationally per day.

Had we not hosed up spectacularly a couple of times, our death toll - which currently stands at 100 - could have been halved.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 03:16 on May 20, 2020

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1262770317992345602

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

this is the day trumo finally became president

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

COVID-420 posted:

We might not see the same crazy spike as the first time since NYC is the densest most populated place and already got clobbered, it is going to be a slow burn with punctuated outbreaks all over the nation. Like, if an NYC style outbreak happened in Tulsa, which has factor of twenty smaller population than NYC, then you end up with only like 1500 deaths, which is still crazy but people are definitely not waking up for that. That's just gonna happen randomly in every city though, so we are still gonna end up with like a million deaths.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

COVID-420 posted:

The graph is an illustration of our ability to cook books better and better.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
if you wanna see some lol book cooking, look up GA on anything that lets you graph daily new cases.

3 cases, 1200 cases, 4 cases, 850 cases, 5 cases, 1100 cases

it’s incredibly obvious

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

I don't think the USA is going to "get away" with all the death and the lost jobs and gutted state budgets.

I don't think the Chuds or anybody will be able to pretend everything is normal for that much longer.

What feels more up in the air is how Americans are going to react to it all. More blind hatred and ignorance, sure. More drinking and heroin use, sure. But I think there's going to be some new stuff too. But I don't know what it will be.

Salt Fish posted:

The graph is an illustration of our ability to cook books better and better.

Nah. Lockdowns work. New York State ain't cooking the books that badly and the NYS drop is driving the trend more than anything.

You're being a jerk by putting me in this position because I'm the first person to post new "we are cooking the gd books" articles in this thread. Trust me I know we are cooking them books :mad:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Here's my take on death trends:

Numbers are off by some scalar constant due to systematic undercounting because it's hard to find and tally all the dead. The underlying trend in deaths still remains mostly consistent and accurate though. This trend is fudged in a few places to try to manipulate numbers, but we're talking off by a bit rather than off by an order of magnitude since there's not really any way to hide actual exponential growth.

The downtrend has several causes:

- shutdowns of places with explosive growth potential like entertainment venues, group fitness, churches, choirs, etc...
- A whitelist approach rather than a blacklist approach to opening places. Things like churches will pop open for a bit and then shut back down when a case occurs resulting in a constant smolder rather than an explosion of cases that requires several growth cycles.
- reopening until very recently has focused on places like parks and beaches that don't have explosive growth potential
- background infection rate picking up enough to make further infection more difficult.
- general social distancing strategies like mask wearing lowering transmission probability in risky environments.

Given all these factors I don't think we're going to see an actual explosion occur again. Maybe when offices, group fitness centers, churches open and they stay open in spite of positive cases occurring we will see that happen. What I think we'll see happen instead is a slow burn up with an R(t) that's slightly over 1 that either fizzles out due to background infection rate or gets bad enough to warrant serious lockdowns, in which case the cycle then repeats in the latter case.

Either way, we're in this for a looooong time and I don't ever see the prevalence, and thus the risk of going out, dropping much from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Either way, we're in this for a looooong time and I don't ever see the prevalence, and thus the risk of going out, dropping much from here

anyone working from home is a cop lmao