Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I got to rank 1 two stars. I don't think I want to play seriously enough to push for legend status. This is supposed to be my dumb have a beer and listen to music distraction not another source of stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I got to Wild rank 1 in the Even Shaman/Odd Paladin/Mecha'thun Warlock/Odd Rogue meta (like a year and a half ago?) playing Control Priest, and even though those were long-rear end games for some reason I've never been motivated to grind nearly as far as I did then

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wild Pirate Warrior is hilariously good at total blowout starts if you’re lucky enough with your mulligans. Like, it’s not terribly uncommon to have 3-4 minions on your first turn.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I tried wild pirate warrior once, started the game with 2 sky raiders, 3 parachute brigands and patches out on turn 1.

deleted the deck because I'd never top that.

Are people running stealth galakrond rogue or is it back to just galakrond rogue classic?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

Wild Pirate Warrior is hilariously good at total blowout starts if you’re lucky enough with your mulligans. Like, it’s not terribly uncommon to have 3-4 minions on your first turn.

Every time I've ever tried that deck I just get nothing but a dead hand every time. I'm literally cursed when it comes to running aggro decks to always have the worst luck.

As an aside, it's actually really annoying that you can't see the rank of the opponent you're facing unless you're legend now, or your MMR bracket in general for ladder.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Olpainless posted:

As an aside, it's actually really annoying that you can't see the rank of the opponent you're facing unless you're legend now, or your MMR bracket in general for ladder.
I wonder if it's because they're purposefully loving around with matchmaking and aren't actually matching you with people of same skill.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Jack Trades posted:

I wonder if it's because they're purposefully loving around with matchmaking and aren't actually matching you with people of same skill.

yea, that's exactly why. If you could see your opponent's rank we'd have people bitching about being matched against legend players while they're diamond 10 or whatever

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Cuntellectual posted:

Are people running stealth galakrond rogue or is it back to just galakrond rogue classic?

still highrollin it with Hanar and secrets.

But it's been a lot of beating up new deck ideas and unoptimized lists and stuff.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I’d guess that it’s their way of trying to take some of the pressure from ranking up off of you until you don’t have to worry about ranking any more.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Quest Warlock is legit

### New School Plot Twist
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Rain of Fire
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 1x (2) Twisted Knowledge
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Keli'dan the Breaker
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 2x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Malygos
# 1x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
#
AAECAcn1Agq0A8UE2wbOB4mdA+ujA5GxA622A/O7A+6/AwrECNqWA9qbA6GhA+WsA+usA+ysA+2sA8S5A+m+AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Very fun deck that has the tools to go the distance with Highlanders, combo control decks to death, and has enough removal and healing to last against the Aggro. VS has a similar deck but I think the Betrug combo is too important. It’s a good win condition against classes that can’t deal with a wide board of big things and gives you more combo finishing options (0 cost betrug/0 cost plot twist + betrug) Also, I cut zephyrs for twisted knowledge because he comes online way too late and you can use it for more combo pieces in a slow match.

Always mulligan for mo’arg, nether breath, and crazed netherwing; keep plot twist in slow matchups and for Aggro keep rain of fire/mortal coil if you already have an artificer. Toss the quest against DH.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.
Been enjoying Spell Big Shaman lately, so here's a list. It's nice to finally have Reincarnate targets as beefy as Colossus of the Moon and Scrapyard Colossus, and Vivid Spores/Ancestral Spirit makes the Reincarnate even more nuts. I particularly love Haunting Visions here, as you can really get out of some sticky situations by discovering a key transform/silence/damage spell. Torrent is also very powerful, as it's essentially a 1-mana Assassinate in the deck.

### Spell Big Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Reincarnate
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Haunting Visions
# 2x (3) Healing Rain
# 1x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 1x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 1x (4) Vivid Spores
# 2x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAZu1AwaUA/4FqKsC36kD27gD3LgDDLIGkQ7OD6C2Ava9AvPnAp/9AoqFA62RA4+UA5O5A/O7AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

JfishPirate fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 19, 2020

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Olpainless posted:

Every time I've ever tried that deck I just get nothing but a dead hand every time. I'm literally cursed when it comes to running aggro decks to always have the worst luck.

Self quoting to say 'gently caress it, just run mech paladin' has been doing pretty well for me. Managed to get a couple of Jeeves, and it turns out it's a really good card?

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Legend is the new dad legend. I went from never bothering to hit legend to hitting it while at work. I managed to climb with this fun mess of cards, beating a sea of demon hunters and other non-warriors who did not respect my damage from hand:

### Burn
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Elven Archer
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAcn1AgLtBYKlAw6FA5IFzgeNCLSRA4idA/qkA/2kA/OnA52pA+WsA+ysA7W5A7a5AwA=
#

Stole your deck and played a few games in casual, and it's pretty powerful. What are your optimum mulligans? Do you go hard for Hand of Gul'dan in most matchups or do you look more for Leper Gnome / Sandtroopers with Plague of Flames? Just wondering how you optimized it in getting to Legend.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Legend is the new dad legend. I went from never bothering to hit legend to hitting it while at work. I managed to climb with this fun mess of cards, beating a sea of demon hunters and other non-warriors who did not respect my damage from hand:

### Burn
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Elven Archer
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAcn1AgLtBYKlAw6FA5IFzgeNCLSRA4idA/qkA/2kA/OnA52pA+WsA+ysA7W5A7a5AwA=
#

Not sure if good but this is definitely a fun deck.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Golden The Beast from the bundle?

Why, I will enjoy my 1600 gold!

Oh, and an Azalina from a couple of random WW packs seems like it could come in handy...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Huh. There's a new bundle offered from now until the 26th. It's six Classic packs, but every card in these packs are golden.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

What’s the dust EV on a golden pack? I know a regular is 100

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I got a gold even BETTEr THAN BOLF..

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

golden commons dust for 50 and rares 100. regular packs are worth like 40 dust total minimum, gold pack is worth 300.

For 20 bucks I'll pass.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Its 14.99!!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Just opened a Soul Mirror after having gotten an Activate the Obelisk a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm being pulled into created a Quest Resurrect Priest deck.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Just opened a Soul Mirror after having gotten an Activate the Obelisk a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm being pulled into created a Quest Resurrect Priest deck.

become the motherfucker you were born to be :unsmigghh:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Strawberry Panda posted:

You'll have so much fun ruining someone's day in an eternally long game while being unable to climb a single rank with it

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Stole your deck and played a few games in casual, and it's pretty powerful. What are your optimum mulligans? Do you go hard for Hand of Gul'dan in most matchups or do you look more for Leper Gnome / Sandtroopers with Plague of Flames? Just wondering how you optimized it in getting to Legend.

I generally just went hard for Hand in all match ups, and fished for Tekahn for the Mage/Priest match up. The little shitters usually found me when I needed them so Plague, Merchant, Breath, and Netherwing would be the more situational keeps. You kinda just need one good swing of the board to win.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The Tempo/Buff Priest from reddit is pretty decent. I tweaked it a bit to my liking because the original list has a few underperforming cards, and dormant/psycho-pomp anti-synergy.

It would be a lot better with the old PW:S, which I really don't get why Blizzard changed if they were also HoF'ing cleric. Priest will probably have to get a second rework to their classic cards once the Galakrond card generation rotates out next year. Right now, that covers up a lot for the lack of card draw. Whoever decided that the only card draw Priest needs is Mass Dispel, should probably be fired.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I think blizzard needs to rework most classic cards period the power creep has been gigantic and some classic cards even got nerfed like fiery war axe.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Trying this tier 2 pirate warrior deck from hsreplay.

Is there a write-up anywhere because either I don't get it or it was good at a point in time for a specific reason.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

Trying this tier 2 pirate warrior deck from hsreplay.

Is there a write-up anywhere because either I don't get it or it was good at a point in time for a specific reason.

lmao I am literally playing it right now in 1k legend. Everything has slowed down juuust enough to make this deck work.

It's a balance of holding onto board control for just long enough using your face and weapons and Skybarge combos, then going all face and finishing with an enraged Mortal Strike.

I'm just stunned this deck is back after 3 months in hiding.

edit: you can just feel the :wtf: from your opponents through the screen

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 20, 2020

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

lmao I am literally playing it right now in 1k legend. Everything has slowed down juuust enough to make this deck work.

It's a balance of holding onto board control for just long enough using your face and weapons and Skybarge combos, then going all face and finishing with an enraged Mortal Strike.

I'm just stunned this deck is back after 3 months in hiding.

Interesting. In 20 games or so I had them down to less than 5 hp three times. Including one vs priest with them at 1!

Several others where I was prob one turn too slow. What's your mulligan, generally? I'm also not clear: should I be hoarding pirates for a skybarge swing turn or just play on curve and get whatever juice is there from a barge turn?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

Interesting. In 20 games or so I had them down to less than 5 hp three times. Including one vs priest with them at 1!

Several others where I was prob one turn too slow. What's your mulligan, generally? I'm also not clear: should I be hoarding pirates for a skybarge swing turn or just play on curve and get whatever juice is there from a barge turn?

General Mulligan keeps: Ganarg + Sky Raider, Corsair Cache, Ancharr, and Parachute Brigand.

Play on curve, keep putting on board pressure. Play the Bloodsail Corsair as a 2/3 on Turn 2 as a last resort. In many matchups just drop the Skybarge on Turn 3 and make them have an answer. But often naturally you'll be doing Cache + weapon things and will have a Skybarge setup to play on 5 or 6 anyways.

In other matchups like Priest it's crucial to get Ancharr going to draw two cards a turn. Upgrade and Hoard Pillager the Ancharr, and maybe even change the tech in the deck to include Captain Greenskin. But the matchup vs Galakrond should be fine as is, as a flurry of weapons should keep their board clear of Apotheosis targets for just long enough.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

TyrantWD posted:

The Tempo/Buff Priest from reddit is pretty decent. I tweaked it a bit to my liking because the original list has a few underperforming cards, and dormant/psycho-pomp anti-synergy.

It would be a lot better with the old PW:S, which I really don't get why Blizzard changed if they were also HoF'ing cleric. Priest will probably have to get a second rework to their classic cards once the Galakrond card generation rotates out next year. Right now, that covers up a lot for the lack of card draw. Whoever decided that the only card draw Priest needs is Mass Dispel, should probably be fired.
LoR has a 2 mana minion that discounts cards you steal from opponents by 1 mana and a 2 mana draw 2 cards from the enemy deck spell and it's actually pretty good. It wouldn't take much for mindgames to be a real card.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

Here, I just finished a match vs Priest, it looked like a standard gameplan from both sides, and I crushed 'em

https://hsreplay.net/replay/KBwudL6STvMVPKLchr4z4P

edit: and another where my draw is garbage, the priest draws like a god including having Pyro+Apotheosis, and I still win

https://hsreplay.net/replay/t7ovesi2vPNcV9yadLBdWZ

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 20, 2020

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

JfishPirate posted:

Been enjoying Spell Big Shaman lately, so here's a list. It's nice to finally have Reincarnate targets as beefy as Colossus of the Moon and Scrapyard Colossus, and Vivid Spores/Ancestral Spirit makes the Reincarnate even more nuts. I particularly love Haunting Visions here, as you can really get out of some sticky situations by discovering a key transform/silence/damage spell. Torrent is also very powerful, as it's essentially a 1-mana Assassinate in the deck.

### Spell Big Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (2) Reincarnate
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Haunting Visions
# 2x (3) Healing Rain
# 1x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 1x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 1x (4) Vivid Spores
# 2x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAZu1AwaUA/4FqKsC36kD27gD3LgDDLIGkQ7OD6C2Ava9AvPnAp/9AoqFA62RA4+UA5O5A/O7AwA=
#

Giving this a whirl although I am missing 1 Ancestor's Call which is probably the second most important card in the deck right?

Have you thought about Fist of Raden?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

Your 'typical' golden pack is worth 300 dust, as opposed to 40

As an aside, I do wish that people would stop saying the average pack is worth 100 dust, because to be honest it's generally not. The only way a pack averages 100 dust is if you already own everything from the entire expansion in question - in which case, you're at a point you don't need the dust! Treat dusting packs as a minimum, and just be pleasantly surprised if you have an opportunity to extract more value.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Here, I just finished a match vs Priest, it looked like a standard gameplan from both sides, and I crushed 'em

https://hsreplay.net/replay/KBwudL6STvMVPKLchr4z4P

edit: and another where my draw is garbage, the priest draws like a god including having Pyro+Apotheosis, and I still win

https://hsreplay.net/replay/t7ovesi2vPNcV9yadLBdWZ

Thanks for these. I think I'm just one or two different plays from a lot more wins. Def was playing the deck too face-y.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

kaesarsosei posted:

Giving this a whirl although I am missing 1 Ancestor's Call which is probably the second most important card in the deck right?

Have you thought about Fist of Raden?

Ancestor's Call is definitely core; it acts as both a Dirty Rat effect and as a way to get a fatty online. You can try Fist of Ra'den, though it probably won't give you very consistent results, as there's a lot of mediocre legendaries in Wild. Still, I'd love to hear how it worked for you, as it seems like a great fit with Haunting Visions, Torrent and Far Sight (assuming it uses the original mana cost rather than the discount cost).

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Olpainless posted:

Your 'typical' golden pack is worth 300 dust, as opposed to 40

As an aside, I do wish that people would stop saying the average pack is worth 100 dust, because to be honest it's generally not. The only way a pack averages 100 dust is if you already own everything from the entire expansion in question - in which case, you're at a point you don't need the dust! Treat dusting packs as a minimum, and just be pleasantly surprised if you have an opportunity to extract more value.

It’s that much dust whether you own the cards or not. You can dust cards you don’t have already. There is no other meaningful way to measure it.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It's actually more than 100 dust if you get something new that you wanted!

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
Just hit Legend for the first time, shockingly easy compared to my prior attempts.

Used this Highlander decklist, but swapped out Nagrand Slam for Explosive Trap to better synergize with Veranus and maybe slow down DH opponents.

### Highlander Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
# 1x (2) Corrosive Breath
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Primordial Explorer
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 1x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Maiev Shadowsong
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Nagrand Slam
#
AAECAR8eqAK1A+EEigeXCNsJ/KMD5KQDpqUD8qUDhKcDiq0Di60Djq0D+a4D/K8D/q8Dh7AD57AD/7ADkbED2LIDr7cDg7kDorkD/7oD+7sD174D3r4D7b4DAAA=
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Rogue was about 60% in my favor, Mage and Priest about 75% in my favor. DH and Zoolock wrecked me, don't think I lost to a single Galalock. Warrior and Hunter mirrors were coin flips.

The deck's early pressure and meaty midgame were a potent combo.

Glad to have that done and over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I was doing so well, so so well with Face Hunter. I used to hate that deck, then decided to Git Good and learn to beat it by playing it, and suddenly found myself cruising merrily, until I hit Gold I.

Gold I is a SEA of loving wide removal Priests, and randomly Paladins. Like, all bouncing merrily off the bottom of the Rank, but never going over the hill themselves. All the DH have vanished, (and I still mess them up happily) but I keep bouncing off these decks that revolve around outlasting then not even really having a plan themselves, but I’ve burnt out by that point.

It’s.... vexing.