Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

In the case of Horizon though it was probably a matter of opportunity since Death Stranding runs on the same engine and that was always getting a PC port.

Bloodborne finally coming to PC could make it reach the soaring heights of 26, maybe even 28fps!

even the text of the "leak" itself was throwing water on it so it's about as bullshit as it gets

fun to dream though, from's console games would be twice as good if they just learned what frame pacing is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDIvDPRcPA&t=424s

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
It's the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3. To celebrate, they made this new version of the main theme. It's nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxse6xjuM8E

Also, and since I imagine there's plenty of people that only played W3 AFTER this was released, here's the video they made for the 10th anniversary of the franchise. It's awesome but it's also sort of an epilogue to the series so :siren:it contains some big spoilers for Witcher 3.:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSAhRqg8uQ

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Det_no posted:

It's the fifth anniversary of The Witcher 3. To celebrate, they made this new version of the main theme. It's nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxse6xjuM8E

Also, and since I imagine there's plenty of people that only played W3 AFTER this was released, here's the video they made for the 10th anniversary of the franchise. It's awesome but it's also sort of an epilogue to the series so :siren:it contains some big spoilers for Witcher 3.:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSAhRqg8uQ

These are great. I wonder how much the Netflix series boosted sales.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Shortly after the release of the Netflix season Witcher 3 concurrency on Steam alone set three or four new records.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Ragequit posted:

A lot.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/02/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-breaks-steam-records-netflix-series-boost/

https://www.thegamer.com/witcher-3-physical-sales-increased-netflix-show/

quote:

To be more specific, when compared to December 2018, December 2019 saw a massive 554 percent increase in sales for physical copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt across all platforms.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

Shortly after the release of the Netflix season Witcher 3 concurrency on Steam alone set three or four new records.

Hot drat. CD Projekt Red seem like cool devs, so that's great. Speaking of Witcher - did anyone play Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales? I may pass if it's overly heavy on Gwent battles.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Half of your time or more in the game is Gwent battles. The gameplay design of the Gwent battles isn't great and some parts get very, very repetitive.

You can skip all the Gwent, there's a story only mode, but I think the narrative wouldn't work well without gameplay so if you're not interested in Gwent at all you should pass.

That said the writing is really good, they've still got quite a lot of talent in that department.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I impulse bought The Void Rains Upon Her Heart after seeing it mentioned a few times here. It's a really beautiful game, and it eases you into the bullet hell curve enough that I beat my first low difficulty storymode clear pretty quickly and then was surprised how much my rear end started to be kicked when I moved the difficulty up a slight step.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Troubleshooter: So, I can understand how to get every other piece of it, but how do you get the accessory part of the Negoori sets? That 5 piece bonus looks spicy.

Alternatively, tell me why I'm an idiot for chasing after a level 30 set.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ragequit posted:

Hot drat. CD Projekt Red seem like cool devs, so that's great. Speaking of Witcher - did anyone play Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales? I may pass if it's overly heavy on Gwent battles.

I guess if you REALLY hate gwent/card games then skip it, but honestly the modified gwent they went with is not that difficult at all, aside from the optional puzzles where you're required to think ahead, and maybe the very last battle. They went all out with the soundtrack for that game and it kicks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfb5rLC6vWc

Weird monster throat noises too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZR_DZHVYmw

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 20, 2020

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Golf With Your Friends has finally come out of Early Access. It's THE minigolf game to play with your family and all your neigbours. They've added a lot of cool courses over the years and the game has workshop support, so you'll never really run out of courses to play.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ciaphas posted:

I think the goon rankings go something like Berseria :), Vesperia :shobon:, Symphonia :(, and Zestiria :barf:

might be mixing up the last two, all I remember about Symphonia is the spectacularly awful VO
Phantasia :D

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Zerilan posted:

I impulse bought The Void Rains Upon Her Heart after seeing it mentioned a few times here. It's a really beautiful game, and it eases you into the bullet hell curve enough that I beat my first low difficulty storymode clear pretty quickly and then was surprised how much my rear end started to be kicked when I moved the difficulty up a slight step.

I went through this entire process too from the impulse buying through thread recommendation all the way to getting rear end kicked by only going slightly harder!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ragequit posted:

CD Projekt Red seem like cool devs, so that's great.

they're crunch abusers and transphobes op

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
CD Projekt Red does pay their employees though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I guess that would make them one of the better dev companies :capitalism:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Hwurmp posted:

they're crunch abusers

To be fair to them (absolutely not condoning it), I can't think of a AAA game studio or big blockbuster movie that doesn't crunch. Also pretty much every big VFX movie ever made has a crazy amount of crunch. It's BS but that's how the industry works sadly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's only jim sterling voice AAA, indie devs don't crunch. :smugdog: they just take out a second mortgage on their homes and have a mental breakdown every day for 7 years to get the game made

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Xakura posted:

FC2 was cool :colbert:

3 and 4 were fun enough, but man, FC5 ruined any sort of good will I had for that series.

Far Cry 2 is like the opposite fun but at the same time I think that's what the dev wanted. It really feels like being a random mercenary stuck in the middle of a tribal war in malaria stricken Africa. Everything is literally trying to kill you, you can only save at certain points and there is no real fast travel apart then the bus rides. Even in the ending the game basically tells you the conflict here is bigger than you and your actions had no effects at all.

While pretty much every other Far Cry is the opposite, the world is you playground and everything you do has a consequence on the islands(areas).

I definitely like FC2 but it's a weird game and I can see why some people found it overbearing.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Ulio posted:

Far Cry 2 is like the opposite fun but at the same time I think that's what the dev wanted. It really feels like being a random mercenary stuck in the middle of a tribal war in malaria stricken Africa. Everything is literally trying to kill you, you can only save at certain points and there is no real fast travel apart then the bus rides. Even in the ending the game basically tells you the conflict here is bigger than you and your actions had no effects at all.

While pretty much every other Far Cry is the opposite, the world is you playground and everything you do has a consequence on the islands(areas).

I definitely like FC2 but it's a weird game and I can see why some people found it overbearing.

Oh yeah, all true. However, the RPG-7 malfunctioning and farting out a RPG right at your feet? That is hilarious

More games need weapon failures.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
How does an RPG even malfunction, the ammunition is by definition self-propelled.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

How does an RPG even malfunction, the ammunition is by definition self-propelled.

The rocket doesn’t clear the tube properly, so it lands at your feet and then the rocket part actually kicks on, so it sputters wildly lighting fires behind it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Xakura posted:

Oh yeah, all true. However, the RPG-7 malfunctioning and farting out a RPG right at your feet? That is hilarious

More games need weapon failures.

That was awesome, old soviet era ak's malfunctioning in the worse possible moment is a trademark of that game.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

exquisite tea posted:

That's only jim sterling voice AAA, indie devs don't crunch. :smugdog: they just take out a second mortgage on their homes and have a mental breakdown every day for 7 years to get the game made

Back in early Minecraft days, it was funny/sad how some people were drawing up calendars to "prove" that Notch was not working enough on the game

ymgve fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 20, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

https://youtu.be/IXzAo0untmU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

house flipper: "paint our home because we think white walls are boring"
me: "ok"
house flipper: "okay paint the walls brown and yellow"

that is still boring!!!! that is still very boring!!!!!!!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Anyone play Eco by Strange Loop Games? Seems cool to play with other goons, but nobody i virtually-know plays it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

house flipper: "paint our home because we think white walls are boring"
me: "ok"
house flipper: "okay paint the walls brown and yellow"

that is still boring!!!! that is still very boring!!!!!!!

brown & yellow stripes

bee house!!!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

is Deep Rock Galactic any good if you have no friends?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Hwurmp posted:

they're crunch abusers and transphobes op

Not surprised about crunching since every movie/game studio does that, but incredibly disappointed about the transphobia. I am looking in to it now. I assume it’s something to do with Cyberpunk 2077 and the options to customize your body however you want which led to some bad tweets?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone know where to get Mafia 3 on the cheap? all the usual places were selling it for $8 and now they've all jacked their prices up to $40

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

StabMasterArson posted:

is Deep Rock Galactic any good if you have no friends?

It's fine, but you might want to adjust your class pick for the mission type to make sure you're having the most fun. Big sprawling maps are somewhat difficult for a Gunner whose mobility tech consists of zip-lines and the Engineer who can only make platforms. Scouts have a grappling hook (and anchoring flares) and the Drillers have... drills.

I'd suggest trying to find the class you gel with most early on while being prepared to play all four classes over time, especially at the early levels. Bosco is a real big help and makes playing solo extremely manageable. There's no way I can effectively get resources up at the top of a large cavern as a Gunner without having to dig with my pickax for 10 minutes so robo-pal being able to just go where you ask him to is very nice.

Learn how to use Bosco. He can shoot, mine, and even light up an area (at the cost of being able to shoot and move). After you're comfortable enough and understand the classes more, go play with strangers occasionally. There's something special about the shared panic that you don't get to experience while playing solo.

Bosco doesn't isn't programmed to understand fear.

I want to say I've done 12 hours solo and 8 hours with friends.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Anyone know where to get Mafia 3 on the cheap? all the usual places were selling it for $8 and now they've all jacked their prices up to $40
I don't think you can at the moment. According to IsThereAnyDeal, the cheapest you can currently get it is on Steam for ~30-ish dollars.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I think you'll just need to wait for another sale period to hit. Summer is very soon. :yayclod:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

Bulletstorm is shamefully lacking in familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faaaa-ceee-eees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8LRlS1SCc

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

loving lol @ the universal praise in the comments

never read YouTube comments

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

loving lol @ the universal praise in the comments

never read YouTube comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq0oV21tHI

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

My main problem with House Flipper is that Garden Flipper isn't on sale. Wanna pretty up some yards!

e: Also I don't know what HGTV is or why it's dlc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there a way to reposition doors in House Flipper? The move function doesn't seem to do anything, so I have to sell them and re-buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Is there a way to reposition doors in House Flipper? The move function doesn't seem to do anything, so I have to sell them and re-buy them.

You got it, sell and rebuy