Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Thank you all for your concerns.

Yes, I understand how this could be funny. The one nurse that laughed derisively at my wife said the transmission rate was 4%, whatever that means. The nurse stopped talking down to my wife when she realized she was on speakerphone, and I can only assume she heard an angry male voice in the background.

There was plenty of nervous laughter all round from everyone else, along with concern and instructions on how to quarantine while living with housemates.

Yes. The United States is uniquely hosed up. In my entire life, I have never seen anything so terrible with quite such grandeur as the situation we find ourselves in. The people who laughed at us wearing masks around the house have been glued to Fox News in the recent past. As they hear Bingles (wife) crying, and they see us refuse to take our masks off outside our room, the laughter stopped.

There’s more to it, the crazy Fox propaganda, but I’ll just leave that there...

Bingles graduated high school in 2009, and State just now, after attempting many years to live without a degree and being repeatedly assured that life would be better with one.
We met at school just over 3 years ago and have been inseparable ever since. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. She is most definitely my best friend, the best friend I’ve ever had. We’re looking forward to working with Danny the goon writer again, to hopefully get her a good resume, and a good job in the near future.

The homeless guy was singing as he walked down the street carrying his bags, and he was happily explaining to me when I jumped in between, how he was telling my wife about the Neil Diamond song he was singing as she was cringing in the cafe exit. Every word that came out of his mouth came with a shower of spit. He was not wearing a mask, and had poo poo his pants, though he didn’t seem otherwise sick.

The test is going to have to wait, two to five days. It is an active virus test. I’m going to use the authorization numbers we were given there later to schedule tests. With more urgency if we show symptoms. I’ve spent the last several hours considering getting my camping gear out of storage, and heading to a spot I know in the mountains to wait and see if I’m symptomatic, or have caught it at all. I probably won’t, but this is a damned insane situation. One of our housemates is in a several year remission from cancer.

The best I can do is ignore any lack of concern, and continue wearing PPE or whatever it’s called when you have to wear it for others. (Public Protection Equipment?)

Not to continue on too much, but homeless people in San Diego have not been treated well in the past. Many have serious mental health or substance abuse issues. Suddenly this pandemic has given them a measure of terrifying power over the gentry that ignores them. It was only a couple years ago that someone was burning homeless people alive, blocks away from this cafe. I have been homeless in the past, and am so much more upset with the cafe for opening without proper regard for the safety of their customers. If something similar happens to any of you, perhaps even that goon who was coughed on for distancing, look into something called “premises liability”. In this case, the cafe might be just as liable for someone spat on as they would be for the ol’ “slip and fall”. In the meantime, the poor man living with poo poo in his pants is worse off than me, even if I have to go stay in my truck to keep a deceived Fox News viewer I care about from possibly getting deathly ill.

Good luck everyone. I’m gonna try to deal as best as possible and stay the gently caress off social media for a while. Rehashing this is not good for my mental health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Solvent posted:

I’ve spent the last several hours considering getting my camping gear out of storage, and heading to a spot I know in the mountains to wait and see if I’m symptomatic, or have caught it at all.

Do not do this.

The disease can hit you fast and you do not want to be without someone to check on you, out of cell range, or hours from the hospital.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Haha, I just imagined Lukashenko's twitter posting:

PET BABY GOATS!

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Rexxed posted:

You probably had Influenza B; I had it in January and it was pretty much as you described symptom wise. It was the bad flu of the year and a lot of people probably mistook it for covid 19 if they caught it later on.

Just looked it up and this makes the most sense. Thanks.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solvent posted:

Bingles graduated high school in 2009, and State just now, after attempting many years to live without a degree and being repeatedly assured that life would be better with one.

Oh, buddy :(

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Solvent posted:

Thank you all for your concerns.

Yes, I understand how this could be funny. The one nurse that laughed derisively at my wife said the transmission rate was 4%, whatever that means. The nurse stopped talking down to my wife when she realized she was on speakerphone, and I can only assume she heard an angry male voice in the background.

There was plenty of nervous laughter all round from everyone else, along with concern and instructions on how to quarantine while living with housemates.

Yes. The United States is uniquely hosed up. In my entire life, I have never seen anything so terrible with quite such grandeur as the situation we find ourselves in. The people who laughed at us wearing masks around the house have been glued to Fox News in the recent past. As they hear Bingles (wife) crying, and they see us refuse to take our masks off outside our room, the laughter stopped.

There’s more to it, the crazy Fox propaganda, but I’ll just leave that there...

We met at school just over 3 years ago and have been inseparable ever since. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. She is most definitely my best friend, the best friend I’ve ever had. We’re looking forward to working with Danny the goon writer again, to hopefully get her a good resume, and a good job in the near future.

The homeless guy was singing as he walked down the street carrying his bags, and he was happily explaining to me when I jumped in between, how he was telling my wife about the Neil Diamond song he was singing as she was cringing in the cafe exit. Every word that came out of his mouth came with a shower of spit. He was not wearing a mask, and had poo poo his pants, though he didn’t seem otherwise sick.

The test is going to have to wait, two to five days. It is an active virus test. I’m going to use the authorization numbers we were given there later to schedule tests. With more urgency if we show symptoms. I’ve spent the last several hours considering getting my camping gear out of storage, and heading to a spot I know in the mountains to wait and see if I’m symptomatic, or have caught it at all. I probably won’t, but this is a damned insane situation. One of our housemates is in a several year remission from cancer.

The best I can do is ignore any lack of concern, and continue wearing PPE or whatever it’s called when you have to wear it for others. (Public Protection Equipment?)

Not to continue on too much, but homeless people in San Diego have not been treated well in the past. Many have serious mental health or substance abuse issues. Suddenly this pandemic has given them a measure of terrifying power over the gentry that ignores them. It was only a couple years ago that someone was burning homeless people alive, blocks away from this cafe. I have been homeless in the past, and am so much more upset with the cafe for opening without proper regard for the safety of their customers. If something similar happens to any of you, perhaps even that goon who was coughed on for distancing, look into something called “premises liability”. In this case, the cafe might be just as liable for someone spat on as they would be for the ol’ “slip and fall”. In the meantime, the poor man living with poo poo in his pants is worse off than me, even if I have to go stay in my truck to keep a deceived Fox News viewer I care about from possibly getting deathly ill.

Good luck everyone. I’m gonna try to deal as best as possible and stay the gently caress off social media for a while. Rehashing this is not good for my mental health.

I've worked in healthcare in an administrative role, and buddy trust me on this - there are A LOT of dumb gently caress nurses out there. Many of them think they know better than the doctors they work with. The ones I speak of are forever second year of college smart and will often be contradictory just to hear the sound of their own voice while speaking in the capacity of an all-mighty nurse. But really, depending on the state you're in, there are like 14 levels of "nurse" and you can become a "nurse" with an unremarkable amount of education. There are GREAT nurses too. But the one chuckle gently caress you interacted with surely falls into that unfortunate group I spoke of earlier.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

they want to send students back to clinical hospital sites on June 1st. good thing I failed by one point, suckers.

this is the stupidest apocalypse by far. thank god for hash oil. smoke weed every day.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

they want to send students back to clinical hospital sites on June 1st.

What a great use of PPE. :rolleyes:

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Old white guy(no mask) on local news, being interviewed about going to a polling place and seeing staff wearing masks and gloves:
"I think the whole thing is overblown."

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Platystemon posted:

What a great use of PPE. :rolleyes:

It's been a shitshow. Like the beginning of a horror movie. The day after new Orleans got its first case, a day we were at clinicals AT that hospital, they crammed us all into a tiny room for a lecture on the collimator assembly. No joke, before handing this piece of equipment around, the new head of the program straight up coughs onto it. You bet your rear end I was the only one that didn't touch that thing. And it didn't end there. They had us go back to the hospital the next day!!!! I'm freaking out at this point... because we have an exam the next day! But ofcourse it would be canceled on account of the bubonic plague 2.0 literally in our midst.

The exam was not cancelled, and they crammed us all back into the class room. I was the only one that wore a mask. Good thing too, as the teacher said someone in our class was out sick with the covid. Everything's fine!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Thank Satan the US Canada border's staying closed for another month

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Do not do this.

The disease can hit you fast and you do not want to be without someone to check on you, out of cell range, or hours from the hospital.

Seriously this is some Elephant Graveyard poo poo that people are doing, "well I might be sick, time to go into the wilderness and die for the good of the herd"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263085979491016708

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Huh I guess djt posts itt

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
It's China's fault that chuds are spitting in people's faces, or shooting people for telling them to wear a mask!

China!!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

after that first swipe I got depressed and realized I had to commit, and told myself I will never do that again.

But enough about your tinder hookups

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1262836622363590657

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love that this appears to be a real picture of Trump that they photoshopped in

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Mods, please change my username to incompetence of China

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Achtane posted:

Old white guy(no mask) on local news, being interviewed about going to a polling place and seeing staff wearing masks and gloves:
"I think the whole thing is overblown."

That’s really cool and smart of the station to give his enlightening viewpoint a platform.

Just shoot the footage and wait to use it as b-roll when he dies of it a few weeks later.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Lol I literally do double takes of every single trump tweet, to make sure it’s actually his real twitter

of course it always is real but they read like a loving @dril post calling people a dope wtf is this reality

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 20, 2020

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Mr. President, the Onion also already covered this:

Trump Blames China For Acting Too Late In Coordinating U.S. Cornonavirus Response

https://www.theonion.com/trump-blames-china-for-acting-too-late-in-coordinating-1843243502

"And now they’re trying to cover it up, claiming the U.S. isn’t their responsibility.”

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Whoa he said china like 3 time in a row. I hope it wasn't in front of a mirror or China is going to appear in front of him like in beetlejuice.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
MR TRUMPER

https://twitter.com/SASSY50472673/status/1263149630927167490

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like this lady

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The gently caress. He didn't say or mean that. Why the gently caress is BBC feeling the need to make poo poo up. He said a buncha horrible crap in that same conference even, attack one of those statements?

This crap let's him and fox yell "lying media" and brush things like a failing to invade Venezuela horribly and having us spec forces captured by unarmed village fishermen.

It just irks the poo poo outta me cause it helps trump cover his rear end.

He literally said it, dummy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

He literally said it, dummy.

Yep and every news outlet around has that quote. It’s on front page of cnn right now. Lol blaming the bbc for trumps gaffes is funny.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
Trump literally says things in a way so his supporters and Fox News can spin it however they want, but on the very often occasion he literally says a thing like in this case Chuds and Fox News will also spin it and claim it meant something else. They just don't care at this point, they've decided this is their cult.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

It's funny how much alike Trump and Xi are.

Only difference is that Xi is smart enough to have other people say the stupid crazy poo poo he wants out there.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah we literally had people in this thread pulling the "He wasn't actually talking about disinfectant" Breitbart talking points poo poo, but apparently if only the lying liberal media wouldn't put direct Trump quotes in headlines then Fox/Trump/morons wouldn't have any ammo against them. :birddrugs:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
What economic damage would have been caused if the US closed all international ports of entry in Jan? 2 week quarantine for any returning Americans. I suppose you could leave too if you wanted.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Who is the wacko he’s talking about

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

What economic damage would have been caused if the US closed all international ports of entry in Jan? 2 week quarantine for any returning Americans. I suppose you could leave too if you wanted.

stock market would have been very angry. unhappy stock market matters more than people dying so it would never happen

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah we literally had people in this thread pulling the "He wasn't actually talking about disinfectant" Breitbart talking points poo poo, but apparently if only the lying liberal media wouldn't put direct Trump quotes in headlines then Fox/Trump/morons wouldn't have any ammo against them. :birddrugs:

The best part was when all the Trump supporting morons - in this thread included - started looking for obscure medical literature about treating rare cancers with UV radiation and tried to convince everyone Trump was actually a medical genius and referring to that.

Then Trump came out the next day and explained he was just being sarcastic at a news conference for a national emergency.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Related (media manipulation)... Florida is redacting data about case(s?) in January.

From what I can tell, if it was in Florida in January and didn't spread like wildfire with no quarantine, that would support the governor's claim that it's okay to reopen? Or at least that this isn't spreading like feared. But instead they're suppressing it, which seems to be against the governor's political goal of a quick reopening. They could be suppressing more data that goes the other way, just found the incompetence frustramusing

Not sure if I’d describe something that will definitely exacerbate death and misery as “frustramusing” but you do you my guy

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Inept posted:

stock market would have been very angry. unhappy stock market matters more than people dying so it would never happen

But stock market got angry anyway :shrug:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

But stock market got angry anyway :shrug:

In January the WHO was still saying person to person contact was unproven. No politican would risk making the markets angry. They're a bunch of calculating dweebs who care about their careers and keeping their powerful constituents happy

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Inept posted:

In January the WHO was still saying person to person contact was unproven. No politican would risk making the markets angry. They're a bunch of calculating dweebs who care about their careers and keeping their powerful constituents happy

i mean, this thread started in late jan..i really doubt this thread had more intel than the white house on what was happening, we could have approached this with way more caution but we went the exact opposite way.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

zer0spunk posted:

i mean, this thread started in late jan..i really doubt this thread had more intel than the white house on what was happening, we could have approached this with way more caution but we went the exact opposite way.

Also we could've done what Taiwan did which was straight up send people to go check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Also we could've done what Taiwan did which was straight up send people to go check it out.

Trump pulled that position the previous year.

The cspam thread was doomsaying well before late jan.