Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's one of the better Musou games with a huge cast and fun abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

MarcusSA posted:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw?

My dude, that is it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

enojy posted:

The real difficulty in Fire Emblem Three Houses is playing on any difficulty but Classic Mode and not restarting (or using Divine Pulse) when someone dies

Honestly this is the real difficulty in almost every Fire Emblem game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Fine, fine, since you got a link, bought.

Red Minjo posted:

Oh, so Mutant Football League is more like a Madden game with orcs and violence instead of like a Blood Bowl?

Yes it even has a fantastic tutorial and you can turn off the extras and just play football.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Apparently some Nintendo repair facilities are starting to reopen in the US. Only info I have is in the below reddit post but figured this might be helpful for people with hardware issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/gmys08/some_united_states_nintendo_switch_repair/

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can someone explain to me how to get star fragments in BotW? When I look it up on the internet the one foolproof method everyone swears by is to go to Shee Vaneer shrine, wait until the night of the full moon, stare out toward Hateno Tower, and stay still until one falls. I've done that three times and only got one star fragment, even though that method is supposed to work every time. Am I missing something? Should I be looking more toward the sky, or more toward the ground? I'm trying to fully upgrade all of the armor, but doing so requires nineteen of these things. I'd rather not have to wait like twenty minutes just to get one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chess piece Tiers:

S: Queen, Sssssss kweeeen
A: Rook, this mother fucker can go just about anywhere
B: Bishop, decent zone control
C: Pawn, can become a queen with good planning, you get a lot of them
D: Knight, situational
F: King, King fuckin sucks, it's a liability.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Red Minjo posted:

Oh, so Mutant Football League is more like a Madden game with orcs and violence instead of like a Blood Bowl?

How is the One Piece Warriors game if I don't know anything about One Piece but do really like Warriors games?

Great Warriors game. No need for any knowledge of One Piece; the characters are likable enough with no previous context. In fact, I think Pirate Warriors 3 just recounts the first season or two of the anime?

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Chess piece Tiers:

S: Queen, Sssssss kweeeen
A: Rook, this mother fucker can go just about anywhere
B: Bishop, decent zone control
C: Pawn, can become a queen with good planning, you get a lot of them
D: Knight, situational
F: King, King fuckin sucks, it's a liability.

I agree with you, but that's an interesting double post. :raise:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone have opinions on the Terraria port?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

it's done by a different team than the PC version and it doesn't have the cool new stuff yet

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's done by a different team than the PC version and it doesn't have the cool new stuff yet

The new update for consoles is "coming later"

Inzombiac posted:

It's good and I've lost plenty of time to it but if you think building with a controller sounds annoying or are sensitive to having to place your blocks just right, it might not be for you.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I couldn't imagine playing Terraria without a mouse no matter how good the port was.

Edit- ugh you know what I meant to to type!

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 20, 2020

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The Silver Snail posted:

I couldn't imagine playing Terraria with a mouse no matter how good the port was.

I mean, technically, the PC port wasn't a port, it was just the original. :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

48 Hour Boner posted:

I agree with you, but that's an interesting double post. :raise:

Oh drat it. I went to post something else and the app said "Here's your draft you didn't post, do you want to use the draft?" And I said to myself "Huh I thought I posted that hours ago but I guess it didn't go through. Oh well I'll post this indtead of what I was about to write"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Try posting your fitness log next

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'll be home in a few minutes, love you sweetie

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

mdemone posted:

Oh yeah it's no Madden. Dynasty mode is rough in the beginning because all your players suck, but Free Play is a blast and super simple.

But be warned: there is some cursing in a few of the player/announcer blurbs. It's not the worst language he'll ever hear, but if that bothers you then you can probably just turn the player/announcer audio off. I don't remember it being anything graphic or sexual, just a couple F-bombs for Flavor.

drat now I'm gonna fire it up and play a Dynasty game.

Dope, sounds perfect. Thanks.

English is his second language so cursing is no big deal. I think he swears more than I do when we game together. 🤬

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've gotten over my complaints with Fire Emblem Three Houses and am currently enjoying it quite a bit. Very strong writing, and comedic quirks are filling the gaps for characters I'm not so drawn towards. Moving around the church is still kinda a slog, and I wish just about everything looked better, but worth it for scenes like this.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

One thing about the Terraria port is that it stutters quite a bit while auto-saving, especially in portable mode. And the game auto-saves very frequently

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it was posted here, but the Mother/Earthbound comic got revealed. Lots of artists and I think it works :3:

https://twitter.com/1101complus/status/1262926446395133953

I'm interested in it!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fEgoytXIl0

How dare you, dumb mobile Mario Kart version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHE95mBlOU

How double dare you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Put them in MK8D. It blows my mind they haven’t done any more DLC when the game still sells insanely well.

That Mother comic looks awesome and I look forward to reading a fan translation of it in 2022.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not sure if it was posted here, but the Mother/Earthbound comic got revealed. Lots of artists and I think it works :3:

https://twitter.com/1101complus/status/1262926446395133953

I'm interested in it!

Nice. That’s some nice swag. I like the mr Saturn tote.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

I've had fun with it but there aren't enough buttons to correspond to the actions, which is still workable but takes getting used to. It's also best played in handheld since you can use your fingers to place blocks. It's workable.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looks like Wild Guns is getting added to the SNES library. Probably doesn't sound like a big deal when Reloaded exists but the reality is the Reloaded version is actually way loving harder which is very annoying, and a SNES version I could make a savestate for at the level select screen sounds great. Also, technically free, so that's cool.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
PANEL

DE

PON

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sort of interests me. Long enough jrpg with mechas sounds like a good thing and reviews haven't turned me off of it. Still I haven't played any games of the series before and haven't played a lot of modern jrpgs. Octopath Traveller was so boring I couldn't finish it even though I was a huge fan of older jrpgs and I'm wondering if XC2 is tedious in a similiar way.

Worth getting it?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

not a bot posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sort of interests me. Long enough jrpg with mechas sounds like a good thing and reviews haven't turned me off of it. Still I haven't played any games of the series before and haven't played a lot of modern jrpgs. Octopath Traveller was so boring I couldn't finish it even though I was a huge fan of older jrpgs and I'm wondering if Xenoblades is tedious in a similiar way.

Worth getting it?

here's a post i made about it the other day

Weedle posted:

i bought xenoblade chronicles 2 because i was desperate for another open-world rpg after finishing skyrim and botw and man was it bad. everything it did i wished it had done differently. awful mmo-style combat where it's 90% firing skills while your guy does animations that barely correspond to what's happening, an open world where you can get wiped by an off-screen enemy in two hits, titty sword lootboxes, and to top it all off it runs at 360p in handheld mode with a horrendous sharpening filter cranked up to the max. can't believe i spent sixty fuckin dollars on that game. i was concerned about it being 2 anime 4 me but that turned out to be the least of my issues with it

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Weedle posted:

here's a post i made about it the other day

Thank you! And Jesus Christ I should have guessed .

Weedle
May 31, 2006

a lot of people like it so you should get other opinions, but it was extremely unappealing to me personally, an rpg liker, and i really gave it my best shot but after about 20 hours i couldn't stand it anymore

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Ariong posted:

Can someone explain to me how to get star fragments in BotW? When I look it up on the internet the one foolproof method everyone swears by is to go to Shee Vaneer shrine, wait until the night of the full moon, stare out toward Hateno Tower, and stay still until one falls. I've done that three times and only got one star fragment, even though that method is supposed to work every time. Am I missing something? Should I be looking more toward the sky, or more toward the ground? I'm trying to fully upgrade all of the armor, but doing so requires nineteen of these things. I'd rather not have to wait like twenty minutes just to get one.

I got mine by waiting up on top of death mountain to maximize the amount of sky and minimize bodies of water the fragment could fall into. Each time you get one, warp someplace far away and then save and restart the game. Repeat. All the stuff about looking at the moon is to make sure it's not a blood moon, which would reset the world and maybe kill the fragment you're chasing.

The resetting helped I think because the the longer you play with a particular random seed, the longer you have to have to wait for a new star. Someone who's dumped the game could tell you more. 19 fragments does take a while though, I recommend spreading the effort out instead of trying to do it in one sitting.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jeez I wish I still smoked!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

not a bot posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sort of interests me. Long enough jrpg with mechas sounds like a good thing and reviews haven't turned me off of it. Still I haven't played any games of the series before and haven't played a lot of modern jrpgs. Octopath Traveller was so boring I couldn't finish it even though I was a huge fan of older jrpgs and I'm wondering if XC2 is tedious in a similiar way.

Worth getting it?

It does not have mechas.

Well there are mechas sometimes but not anything the player is in charge of or a major gameplay element

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHuKYNadTQ

Or this list of physical locations

what you are describing is the fair, intended method but there are actually a bunch scattered throughout Hyrule, including one that you can only get by being nice to dogs! I maxed out my Armor of the Ancients with these. gently caress waiting around in BotW, too much to explore!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

not a bot posted:

Worth getting it?

I quite enjoyed XB2 but yeah it does have to be said that it comes with a mountain of small caveats, all of which may or may not be deal breakers. It is absolutely Anime as gently caress (admittedly it's more of a shonen Anime than anything so this could have been way worse), it uses an in-game gacha to summon new blades (there are no microtransactions of any kind, it's purely an in-game thing), you can get sniped by dudes 50 levels higher than you when you're trying to explore, the combat is MMO-y where what you actually do is more of managing and using your skills while the game does auto-attacks, etc, etc, etc. If you're looking for reasons to not like it, Xenoblade 2 has them in spades and I'm not gonna lie to you.

That said, the actual core game underneath is really good (imo). It looks like rear end in portable mode, but the art direction is fine, the sense of exploration is fantastic, the music is gorgeous, and once the full combat system unlocks in Chapter 3, it's really interesting and fun. The storyline gets really interesting once it gets the worst of the anime out of its system (which is thankfully frontloaded), and if you enjoy it at all, the standalone DLC (Torna: The Golden Country) fixes almost all the underlying problems with the game. Plus the season pass comes with a bunch of DLC blades and quality of life stuff that is absolutely worth it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i remember what i saw of the story being pretty good and mysterious except for the horny totoro whose blade is also a sex robot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

not a bot posted:

Worth getting it?

It's good don't trust the opinion of someone played Skyrim and went 'yes I want more of this'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Are any of the Picross S games particularly better/worse than the others, or all they all about the same?