Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

vince mcmahon getting so emotional when asked if they'll need to leave the giant hammers behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He did the same sappy weepy-eyed garbage in the Andre doc. He gets all emotional and it's almost enough to make you forget how badly he's abused these people and countless other wrestlers before and after them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a cult

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MJeff posted:

He did the same sappy weepy-eyed garbage in the Andre doc. He gets all emotional and it's almost enough to make you forget how badly he's abused these people and countless other wrestlers before and after them.

I'm well past the point of believing that any displays of emotion on the part of Vince are just him playing a role. I'll never be convinced he doesn't just wipe the crocodile tears from his eyes, step off camera, and think to himself "I REALLY SOLD THAT poo poo!!" before going off and double fisting steak wraps and pondering which NXT recruits to bury.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Squealer was really sad when he told everybody how Boxer died in Animal Farm, too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RizzowWalMark/status/1263044054100688896?s=20

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Just imagine how much happier Owen's children would have been if they'd only been allowed to spend more time around Teddy Hart

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Imagine a woman whose husband was killed by carnies, being a bit bitter towards the carny industry. Madness. How dare she.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Whenever I see something like this I just imagine a situation where Patrick Ewing was killed during a game against the Timberwolves in 1994 when a hoop broke and fell on him and they kept playing the game.

I imagine that he was dressed as the Hamburglar at the time, complete with hat.

I imagine Marv Albert coming back from commercial and having to explain why half the floor is covered in a tarp that slides every time someone goes for a jumper.

And then I imagine what I would feel if I was Ewing's widow.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/stonedcold__/status/1262964653006770176

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If she were money hungry why wouldn't she take what has to be an ungodly sum from WWE for a Hall of Fame induction.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edit: wrong thread!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

flashy_mcflash posted:

If she were money hungry why wouldn't she take what has to be an ungodly sum from WWE for a Hall of Fame induction.

nah you see shes making much more money by, running a charity and being interviewed for a documentary??

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

woman receives settlement from billion dollar company that killed her husband: money hungry bitch

said company fires people during pandemic: it's a business, the shareholders must be appeased!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

woman receives settlement from billion dollar company that killed her husband: money hungry bitch

said company fires people during pandemic: it's a business, the shareholders must be appeased!

gently caress the company, gently caress the fans that back it. Just garbage fires all around.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The idea that any sport/entertainment/fandom/hobby is more important than life and family is sickening to me what is wrong with people.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It really blows my mind. Seeing people say "she doesn't care about pro wrestling at all!" like its some indictment on her character. So what? Millions of people don't care or like pro wrestling and its hard to find a more justified case then her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It really blows my mind. Seeing people say "she doesn't care about pro wrestling at all!" like its some indictment on her character. So what? Millions of people don't care or like pro wrestling and its hard to find a more justified case then her.

But she doesn't understand that I'd make Owen World Champion in the next WWE game!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah, "She doesn't love the thing her husband loved and got killed doing" is not the gotcha they think it is in their heads.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm trying to imagine that argument in the context of any other line of work and its even crazier.

"well she doesn't love Insurance the way Owen loved Insurance" has me giggling.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

But she doesn't understand that I'd make Owen World Champion in the next WWE game!

See, there is the darker side of the whole “But Owen could be in a video game!” and it’s that plenty of assholes will post videos of the game to YouTube where Owen falls from various things and they’ll think it’s hilarious. Sort of like how a bunch of videos of poo poo like someone falling off a scaffolding in ECW was labeled as “Owen Hart’s death video” for years.

I mean, you can already do that with CAWs, but this would be a bit different.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mapleleaf drop

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

See, there is the darker side of the whole “But Owen could be in a video game!” and it’s that plenty of assholes will post videos of the game to YouTube where Owen falls from various things and they’ll think it’s hilarious

chocolate drrrrrr

coconono posted:

mapleleaf drop

oh goddammit

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

mapleleaf drop

Haha, holy poo poo

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/gn1sng/steve_austin_owen_hart_never_called_me_after_he/

Today, Vincels have been trying to make sure you remember that Owen Hart was actually a lovely person, for some reason...
...but it seems like he was *massively freaked out* by having injured someone so badly, which is understandable even if he obviously should have checked in with Austin/apologized.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Peaksnfreaks_/status/1262942410017038336

https://twitter.com/QueenIoShirai/status/1262948675120218117

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another one this qualifies for:

Chris James 2 posted:

It's always good when I can click a tweet and immediately see I've already blocked that user

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

How in the holy mother of gently caress do you watch that Dark Side episode and come away with takes such as "gently caress Owen Hart's widow and children for being attention-seeking whiners and badmouthing Bret/Vince/WWE"? Jesus Christ, what is wrong with these people?

The internet was a mistake.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no, the internet was a TERRIBLE mistake:
https://twitter.com/Robersonjohn4/status/1263057348341481474

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jesus loving Christ I hate the internet

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Oliver knows

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"I miss her so much" lol Becky's only been gone for a week, how are these weirdos going to deal when it's Month 7

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Doc M posted:

How in the holy mother of gently caress do you watch that Dark Side episode and come away with takes such as "gently caress Owen Hart's widow and children for being attention-seeking whiners and badmouthing Bret/Vince/WWE"? Jesus Christ, what is wrong with these people?

The internet was a mistake.

They think the relationship they have in their head with Owen is more important than the real one that his wife had with him. So their want to see him honored in a way that matters to them is more important than what she wants. It's an easy attitude to pick up if you're not very empathetic or even really aware that other people have emotions and feel them the same way you do.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol these brain dead chuds are making my blood boil. i've gotta get off the net for a while today

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just noticed what that baby post was. Parasocial relationships are loving insane y'all.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

??

and for once, this person being reasonable

https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1263036024655089665

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 20, 2020

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
These people just want to play Owen in the video games and buy Black Hart shirts from WWE Shop and buy tickets to watch Bret mumble his way through a HOF induction speech. They never gave a poo poo about Owen the person or his family.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well time to drink the bleach. I agree with a VCRwrestling tweet. Nice knowing you, everyone.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well time to drink the bleach. I agree with a VCRwrestling tweet. Nice knowing you, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

flashy_mcflash posted: