Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Phobophilia posted:

And there aren't a great many sources of bullet jump velocity. There's [Mobilize], I use that often because it's cheap. There are arcanes that increase bullet jump speed, but that's competing with very powerful damage and survivability arcanes. And there's the parazon mod that gives bullet jump velocity on mercy finishers, but that's very unreliable, and the only time you really have many sources of mercy kills, you don't want to be bounding through the map at maximum velocity.

Proton Pulse is pretty hilarious, although the conditional takes some getting used to, and it's only competing with Exilus slot mods. I hadn't given it a second glance until this conversation but the effect is very noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That being said, frames that incentivize being in the air are kind of anathema to the idea of that, and wisp is definitely one of those.

and since this Warframe and there must be exceptions: Wukong has a whole ability around flying that moves faster with Rush equipped

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I've never messed around with kubrows. I've made one smeeta kavat that I half-assed modded to get me xp bonuses. What does a collar do and why do I want a prime collar?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You get a collar as part of the kubrow quest. the prime collar gives your dog like... 10% more armor I think? or maybe 10 more armor.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
More HP and armour I think.

FWIW if your +sprint is high enough you can go faster bunnyhopping around than parkouring. Not sure if a bit of running start to build momentum is necessary but it's funny to hop around a map so fast you hear the "falling at terminal velocity" noise in your ears every time you're in the air.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Pooncha posted:

More HP and armour I think.

FWIW if your +sprint is high enough you can go faster bunnyhopping around than parkouring. Not sure if a bit of running start to build momentum is necessary but it's funny to hop around a map so fast you hear the "falling at terminal velocity" noise in your ears every time you're in the air.

with like a max strength volt maybe, but most of the time when people say this i think they're just underestimating the mobility of bulletjump + aimglide + roll

bullet jumping every time you hit the ground is just the beginning of the momentum-conserving shenanigans you can get up to with Warframe's movement system

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I don't run max strength Volt, though he would help. The main draw of parkour is that it looks cooler and it's more controllable, and the speed difference is not so much bigger that it's worth faceplanting into every box and wall in the way while doing your best Easter Bunny impression. Hopping is great for open world stuff, though.

That said, it would be interesting to compare the speeds when all the mods+arcanes get involved.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 20, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

this guy's obstacle course run is a pretty good example, since it illustrates a lot of the finer points of faster parkour movenet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSIOFwEGoY

- the basic structure when moving in a straight line is bullet jump, double jump to gain height, aim glide to preserve height + forward momentum, roll because that gives you a little more forward movement, and then when the speed from that maneuver starts to run out crouching in mid-air gives you the same slight boost that starting a slide does on the ground (in addition to avoiding a hard landing)

- he touches the ground as little as possible, because walking/sprinting costs momentum

- he aims his bullet jumps to carry him very close to the ground, to a degree that isn't always practical in real missions but is still useful to practice as a matter of degrees; less of it going to height means more of it going to forward speed

- he doesn't use wall jumps for traversal but does use them to rapidly change direction and to reset the one-per-jump maneuvers

e: i'm pretty sure he's using some kind of mods or arcanes that synergize with this to go for the high score on the course, but arguably the greatest strength of parkour as a form of mobility is that it requires literally zero build sacrifices. you can do it on any frame, with a brand-new account that hasn't leveled anything, and without giving up a single slot that could be spent on power or utility

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 20, 2020

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I've watched the video before, and those are definitely good tips for people who want to ninja around a little faster. Half the fun of Warframe is the mobility, IMO, and as you say, parkour requires zero build tradeoff. :)

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
This is such a weird hill to die on since

1. you'd have to be insanely good at managing in game physics to get any notable use out of any sort of bullet jumping mods over sprint mods, since about 50% of the maps are so cluttered that it's difficult to manage. Even just physically spacing out how far a bullet jump will take you is difficult taking into consideration lighting conditions and map debris

2. You'd have to be insanely good at aiming to bullet jump and move and be able to kill efficiently in a small map, of which like I said, around 50% are. A lot of times it's a lot easier to sprint around shooting things in which case it's better to have movespeed since most enemy fire is projectile, not hitscan.

These two points just aren't realistic for the average console player. Maybe it's more feasible on PC

3. There's only a handful of frames where they will have free mod slots available to take on additional movement speed mods because there's nothing better serving those slots. Gauss and maybe Nezha/Zephyr are the only three off the top of my head. Unless you're doing a gimmick movement build, almost all frames want something else. In which case Gauss most definitely wants sprint over bullet jump speed.

But then again Tuxedo Catfish is the player who thought a 2 min cutscene where you're forced to walk was replacing the entire movement system in the game so I'm not surprised he's obsessed with it.

All that being said, those parkour videos do look amazingly fun and cool and I'm definitely going to try them out for the gimmick value. I just don't see it replacing anything in my day to day game.

edit: clarity

edit2: vvvv hahaha literally your words buddy not mine

edit 3: last edit

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It doesn't matter if it's easy, on top of all the other problems it's floaty and slow and it feels like poo poo to move around.

This would be bad enough on its own but in a game that otherwise has some of the best movement mechanics of any video game I've ever played, it's bizarre that they keep deliberately finding ways to replace it with steaming garbage instead.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 20, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Guilty posted:

2. You'd have to be insanely good at aiming to bullet jump and move and be able to kill efficiently in a small map, of which like I said, around 50% are. A lot of times it's a lot easier to sprint around shooting things in which case it's better to have movespeed since most enemy fire is projectile, not hitscan.

These two points just aren't realistic for the average console player. Maybe it's more feasible on PC

Bullet jumping and parkour are significantly BETTER for a small map because it's easier to switch direction without losing momentum.

As for not working on console, I can't deny that but that just reinforces my belief that you'd be crazy to play this game without a mouse.

Guilty posted:

But then again Tuxedo Catfish is the player who thought a 2 min cutscene where you're forced to walk was replacing the entire movement speed in the game so I'm not surprised he's obsessed with it.

No, you're just a weirdo holding a grudge and continuing to misinterpret what I said because you're still mad.

Pooncha posted:

I've watched the video before, and those are definitely good tips for people who want to ninja around a little faster. Half the fun of Warframe is the mobility, IMO, and as you say, parkour requires zero build tradeoff. :)

Could you drop a video of the bunnyhopping technique you're describing?

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 20, 2020

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

with like a max strength volt maybe

Someone needs to spend more time with Nezha.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Someone needs to spend more time with Nezha.

Nezha was my main for a good long time before I found Nidus. He's nice but these days when I play him I use the new mod that removes his passive; I don't like the loss of control that goes with the decreased friction.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Dunno if there's a video of it since it's literally just doing a bit of forward momentum then small hops, but I can record something once I get on my PC.

And Guilty: It's somewhat easier on the PC, the aiming at least. Clutter is still an issue, and even now I sometimes get caught on doorframes and stuff. :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Guilty posted:

edit2: vvvv hahaha literally your words buddy not mine

No, they are not.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Nezha was my main for a good long time before I found Nidus. He's nice but these days when I play him I use the new mod that removes his passive; I don't like the loss of control that goes with the decreased friction.

I try not to judge people for their playstyle decisions, but you're making it very difficult for me here.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Bullet jumping and parkour are significantly BETTER for a small map because it's easier to switch direction without losing momentum.

This right here is also a real brain breaking statement.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Guilty posted:

This right here is also a real brain breaking statement.

Not if you know what you're talking about.

In a straightaway, sprint buffs (to say nothing of spoiler mode, archwing, frame-specific teleports, etc.) win out pretty easily.

But in cramped spaces the ability to vault over obstacles, bounce off walls to switch directions, aim bullet jumps at a specific point to fly straight at them, and redirect momentum instead of losing it on a turn are more valuable.

Guilty posted:

edit 3: last edit

Seek help.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 20, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I'd jump around more inside if our enemies didn't put Tenno Traps over every door in the game.

And if you could dismount or cancel mantling.

That said, playing with the momentum system is fun and useful, at least until they let us fire sidearms from K-drive and then use them in normal missions for maximum drive-by style.

EDIT : And I'll admit, moving back to Nezha after other frames sometimes the slippy is annoying, in the same way that Mirage and Titania make all my bullet jumps do not quite the right thing anymore.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I don’t know about u guys, but I enjoy this game.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

control is for jerks

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Game good, guns good, frames good, movement good, weird poo poo good.

Guilty posted:

This is such a weird hill to die on since

I'm fully willing to admit that this may be largely a byproduct of playing this game for years but all of that movement is fairly easy with some practice and a good deal faster than sprint speed builds unless you have a frame with higher base move speed and a mod or frame power to help out. I outpace everyone who isn't an mr28 all the time every time and I passively ignore the existence of floors. but 300% granted, I play on pc and can see a lot of how I move casually would require dummy high aim speed and pin point twitch accuracy on a controller.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like you even though I tend to either hard agree or hard disagree with little in between. its not a loss of movement you just have to plan around whipping yourself around :v really start taking that corner before you've made it to the corner

I don't actually have anything against anyone who doesn't like Nezha's slidey passive but I love it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

I like you even though I tend to either hard agree or hard disagree with little in between. its not a loss of movement you just have to plan around whipping yourself around :v really start taking that corner before you've made it to the corner

I don't actually have anything against anyone who doesn't like Nezha's slidey passive but I love it.

Yeah that's fair, it's probably more to do with familiarity than precision in the absolute sense.

Ironically I run Cunning Drift on a lot of frames so my muscle memory is probably more adapted to "a little bit of extra slide, but less than Nezha" than it is to the game's actual baseline.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is getting pretty weird now. Please post more about the game than your issues with Tuxedo Catfish.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

These new augments all look terrible.

Why are they doing tradeoffs, when we still don't have a proper Augment slot that would justify such a move?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

I don't actually have anything against anyone who doesn't like Nezha's slidey passive

Well, I do! Always put Maglev on your Nezha. Fly past the Volt, then watch him run past as you continue to slide into the wall for a good five seconds.

I’ve been using Zephyr a lot lately. With max strength her 3 does some serious Sprint Speed work. I dumped her range and Discord keeps warning me that one of these days I’m going to eat a Bombard rocket but so far I have yet to receive my comeuppance (and with the shield changes I’m not worried too much, with her 3 up I rarely get to health damage as it is)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

smallmouth posted:

I don’t know about u guys, but I enjoy this game.
I'm not afraid to go all out and say it and i don't care who knows: same, it's fun

no kinkshaming pls

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 20, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
What wait there are really people who unironically remove one third of nezha's fun?
Fourth if counting his thicc butt

ps
whats that website with wf builds?

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 20, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Also I have best of both worlds and run Rush AND Ice Spring on my Frost build. I'm still slow as hell. :colbert:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

quote:

Baruuk’s Desolate Hands will no longer consume a charge from Baruuk when sharing with Allies.

Holy poo poo this is huge.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

AntherUslessPoster posted:

whats that website with wf builds?

Overframe is the one that's currently being maintained.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tallgeese posted:

These new augments all look terrible.

Why are they doing tradeoffs, when we still don't have a proper Augment slot that would justify such a move?

Valkyr's augment gives Hysteria a potential place in an Eternal War weapon build, but weapons are so strong with Eternal War that I'm not sure why you'd be looking for an excuse to work Hysteria in v:shobon:v

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

finally, thank god -- I will be able to display enemies on the minimap with Saryn

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

slow_twitch posted:

finally, thank god -- I will be able to display enemies on the minimap with Saryn

make sure to maximize it so it takes up as much space on your screen as possible

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
People play without the full map open at all times?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Valkyr's augment gives Hysteria a potential place in an Eternal War weapon build, but weapons are so strong with Eternal War that I'm not sure why you'd be looking for an excuse to work Hysteria in v:shobon:v

Notes on my testing with Enraged that aren't immediately obvious from the tooltip;
--You can still end Hysteria early, with a concomitant reduction in Hysteria cooldown (if you spend 8 seconds in ult you have an 8s cooldown)
--Nothing about the ability changes -- you still have an energy drain, a ring of death
--Max duration scales with power duration (getting 45 uptime with prime cont, narrow dur, and constitution)
--the buff itself does not scale with power strength, though baae Hysteria of course does

Damage vs 140 corrupted heavy gunner;
--[WITHOUT Enraged and with 100% power strength]: consistently took me 4-5 slide attacks to kill a 140 CHG.
--[WITH Enraged and with 100% PS]: 2 slide attacks to kill

--[WITHOUT Enraged and with 200% power strength]: a little inconsistent but usually 2 slide attacks, sometimes 3
--[WITH Enraged and with 200% power strength]: 1 slide attack to kill, no inconsistency

anyway, is strong, still don't know if it's worth it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

slow_twitch posted:

Why do you need constant blinking on your map?

Preechr posted:

People play without the full map open at all times?

Judging by how pubbies 'read' the map, most of people do :(

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I got the NW kubrow skin and now Ms Nasty’s toenail game is on point.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Got lucky with my last Lich, and got a 50% elec Shildegg out of it. Almost all the Lich weapons are good, but holy gently caress can the Shildegg just absolutely poo poo out mountains of damage. It's crit/stat balance is nuts, and with built in elemental damage it's just...goddamn. It doesn't even need any atk speed or range mods to shine, just Arcane Strike and you're good to go. It's one of the best candidates for a condo/blood rush/weeping wounds setup in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
BTW today's Darvo deal isn't awful, Twin Kohmak is a huge pain in the rear end to build, it costs 3 forma (35p), 1 slot (6p) and 1 potato (20p). Getting all that for effectively 29p isn't a bad deal.