Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah 80% (more?) id Americans are acting somewhat sanely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh man that reminds me

i was walking back from the grocery store the other day and i got stuck behind this woman in an N95 mask pulled down to her neck, open-mouthed chewing a piece of cheese pizza and she liked, wiped her hands on her mask and i was just floored

my province is reopening :toot: a beer run proved to show zero masks whatsoever, i am in America Jr.

e: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...r-idUSKBN22W1JD

quote:

A nurse struggled with COVID-19 trauma. He was found dead in his car

He loved helping people and feeling needed at his West Palm Beach, Florida hospital. The 32-year-old was on the upswing of a decade-long battle with opioid addiction and other substance abuse, according to friends and family, who said he was committed to his recovery.

cash crab has issued a correction as of 01:01 on May 21, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cash crab posted:

welcome to the club idiot

Lord Canti walks among us, truly Trump has made anime real

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Rah! posted:

took a piss with hand sanitizer still on my hands now my gonads burn thanks obama

How sensitive are your gonads, Jesus Chroist.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

I live in the deep south and have a very Republican extended family.
Everyone is talking it seriously. Everyone wears masks. Granny and pawpaw are quarantined in thier house with adult children dropping off food. The grandkids are not in school.

We may not get a big spike from reopening because people are still staying home. Then they will go back to normal because reopening wasn't the disaster liberals predicted. Then the real spike will occur and everyone will hunker down again.

Then the chuds will force another reopening. It won't go badly because most people stay at home. Then the normal people go back out because the chuds point out it wasn't a disaster. Then the real spike hits and we close again. Since we aren't smart enough to connect cause and effect when they are separated by a few weeks, this continues for years until we reach herd immunity, or god willing the destruction of America if reinfection is possible.

We will not close again.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1263208102951743488
lmao loving end it. the US is over, put us out of our misery

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Muh roights!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

people are dying you stupid bitch

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
While SARS-CoV-2 has a very high R0, it looks like it also may have a very low dispersion factor. That means that it goes off like a bomb in the right places and doesn't really spread evenly at all when the ingredients aren't right. Here's parts from a good thread on it:

https://twitter.com/kakape/status/1262871743972114432

https://twitter.com/kakape/status/1262873604796145665

So covid outbreaks are extremely stochastic. 3/4 times nothing may happen and 1/4 times it may blow up. There may be some environments that are conducive to superspreading or some people that are super spreaders while the median chance of infection remains quite low.

This sort of information combined with the low household attack rate leads me to believe that if people don't spend a prolonged duration with an infected person doing an activity that generates droplets, then they probably won't get infected.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

We will not close again.

I predict most states will close again in early July. Stronghold Republican states will wait till after the 4th.
.This is exciting we all get to see whether our theory's pan out in real time.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/MaryEllenKlas/status/1263216145869537281?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rah! posted:

saw a nurse in scrubs walking through a grocery store parking lot crowd with her mask around her neck as she sipped iced coffee. then she got to skip to the front of the line because she's a medical worker

all of us standing in line for an hour, wearing our masks the whole time like the doctors said, and then a doctor without a mask just cuts to the front how could you do this obama

covid Hoax 5G enslavement watch the skies

I watched the sky and it said contrails plus 5G NR plus moon equal AAAAAAAHHHHHJGFDFHJJJ

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
right when they went to New York after winter lol

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/CraigSJ/status/1262445213831790598?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Always watching
Always everywhere

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Rah! posted:

took a piss with hand sanitizer still on my hands now my gonads burn thanks obama
Shave your nuts with a safety razor next time I guess.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lambert posted:

How sensitive are your gonads, Jesus Chroist.

my pissorbs are finely tuned i cannot let anymore hoax sanitizer delay piss production i have a quota to meet

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I havent seen contrails in ages and I

holy poo poo the contrails were protecting us from the covid all along

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/AnimegirlENG/status/1263204940039757825?s=20

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

I've been thinking about this..

The Vice President of the United States was in Florida today to character assassinate a civil servant. Someone just trying to do their loving job and not mislead people during a pandemic.

These people are such pathetic bullies. Part of me hopes she stands up to them.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

Shave your nuts with a safety razor next time I guess.

lol

quote:

Hand sanitizers can irritate your skin – The alcohol content and other harsh bacteria-killing ingredients can cause skin sensitivity. You may get some itching or a burning sensation on your hands

guess it only burns the pissorbs for some people :sad:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I have spent years washing my balls with bear mace so that they are impervious to splash damage.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I read the cdc guidelines for schools to reopen

schools aren’t reopening

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pigz posted:

I've been thinking about this..

The Vice President of the United States was in Florida today to character assassinate a civil servant. Someone just trying to do their loving job and not mislead people during a pandemic.

These people are such pathetic bullies. Part of me hopes she stands up to them.

It's hard to sue a public official who controls all the judges for defamation, but it's not impossible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

schools aren’t reopening

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

schools aren’t reopening

Have a friend who is being told to get back to teaching preschool June 1 - also masks are not allowed as they will scare children.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

euphronius posted:

schools aren’t reopening

It's gonna be weird to raise a whole generation of kids without schools.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

schools aren’t reopening

They will reopen. Then shut down again after a month and 50% and above infection rates.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

Always watching
Always everywhere

My friend's been sending me videos of some bright lights that comes and hovers over his house then apparently zooms off (haven't seen the zooming bit) . Covid spreaders is my guess

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

euphronius posted:

schools aren’t reopening

No mass congregation place will reopen. The "no gatherings of more than X people" is the shutdown procedure that did like 95% of the magic to suppress R(t).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

euphronius posted:

schools aren’t reopening

Schools absolutely are reopening.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

if we can't have our FUHBAW then is living even really worth it

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1263263179536314370?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zeriel posted:

They will reopen. Then shut down again after a month and 50% and above infection rates.

They won't shut down again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i love this twitter.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

smh in here at people not understanding how porous the ballsack skin is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The real problem is poor schools that just collapse. teachers get sick or stay home, so there just aren't enough adults in the building. That's gonna be a mess.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arizona State apparently crunched the numbers and found out staying closed would cost them 300 million bucks so they are basically committed to opening up no matter what. Last I heard their plan was to toss anybody who gets sick into some on campus sanitarium that's been closed for a hundred years and is probably haunted

I can't imagine they're the only ones seeing those kind of numbers and planning those kinds of responses

Notre Dame has said they're opening for Fall but the semester will end (?) at fall break and nobody comes back, which would put a bunch of students on campus right during a projected second wave so ???

odds are almost all schools are open this Fall with some kind of hybrid setup where classes that realistically CAN be done online are but some are in person

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

saw a nurse in scrubs walking through a grocery store parking lot crowd with her mask around her neck as she sipped iced coffee. then she got to skip to the front of the line because she's a medical worker

all of us standing in line for an hour, wearing our masks the whole time like the doctors said, and then a doctor without a mask just cuts to the front how could you do this obama

covid Hoax 5G enslavement watch the skies

lmao are you for real where was this at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

lol if you don't wrap your ballsack in plastic at all times