Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

AntherUslessPoster posted:

What wait there are really people who unironically remove one third of nezha's fun?

Yup, and I'm one of 'em. Lack of control is annoying, yo. Having that mod really helps my ejoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

BTW today's Darvo deal isn't awful, Twin Kohmak is a huge pain in the rear end to build, it costs 3 forma (35p), 1 slot (6p) and 1 potato (20p). Getting all that for effectively 29p isn't a bad deal.

Darvo weapons come potatoed?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

any weapon/frame that's bought with plat automatically comes with a potato in it and an extra slot to hold it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh one thing I just remembered: you still want to build a single Kohmak at some point for the mastery, so tack on another 11.7p cost.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Btw how the atlas augment seems pretty good, but I like weaving petrifies into my play. How do others find it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess it incentivizes petrifying enemies more instead of simply abusing the invulnerability from landslide. i'm a spam 1 guy, myself.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
These are the new arguments for those wondering:

Atlas - Rubble Heap
Passive Augment: When Rubble Armor is above 1400, Landslide costs no Energy, deals twice the Damage and travels twice as fast.

Nidus - Abundant Mutation
Passive Augment: Nidus gains an additional 200 max stacks of Mutation. Undying has a 30s cooldown.

Saryn - Revealing Spores
Spores Augment: Infected enemies within 40m will show up on the Minimap.

Valkyr - Enraged
Hysteria Augment: Damage increased by 200%, Critical Chance increased by 200%. Hysteria lasts for 15s and receives a matching cooldown.

A bit puzzled about the Nidus one. Anyone want to pitch a use case where you'd want it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I don't think I've ever had 1400 rubble at any point

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Xik posted:

Passive Augment: Nidus gains an additional 200 max stacks of Mutation. Undying has a 30s cooldown.

A bit puzzled about the Nidus one. Anyone want to pitch a use case where you'd want it.

There are absolutely tiers of endless mission where this is basically a no-downside damage boost. If you're tanky enough, Undying is hardly/never kicking in, so instead you now have a doubled cap to your ability damage.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Xik posted:

Atlas - Rubble Heap
Passive Augment: When Rubble Armor is above 1400, Landslide costs no Energy, deals twice the Damage and travels twice as fast.

That SOUNDS awesome, but in actuality is kinda....completely unnecessary for how I have atlas kitted. You either need to sacrifice a slot for path of statues, of have enough energy to constantly spam 3 enough times to get that much rubble, and just pray that your teammates aren't killing everything before you can harvest then and your armor decays. Hell, keeping it above 500 is a challenge, and since atlas is invulnerable when punching, the answer to any of his problems is never 'not punch'.

If you can get 1400 rubble in the first place, then you don't need the 'free energy' advantage. Landslide doing double damage also seems amazing...until you realize that almost nothing under lvl 80 can withstand a single landslide anyway, especially if you have a half decent +impact stat stick. It's a nice bonus, but maintaining that much rubble armor seems like a royal bitch.

It's nice that it encourages you to use atlas's other abilities to generate Rubble and I like it when abilities feed into one another, but in practice this is basically the same gimmick as gauss, the same as ember, it's another bar you have to fill to unlock Super Saiyan.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it might be worth all the trouble if it increased the dash range. it doesn't. nothing does.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

END ME SCOOB posted:

There are absolutely tiers of endless mission where this is basically a no-downside damage boost. If you're tanky enough, Undying is hardly/never kicking in, so instead you now have a doubled cap to your ability damage.

I've never been at max stacks with Nidus and thought that 100 more stacks would really change anything about the situation, by that point I'm already winning. Although I haven't done the highest level content yet, so I'll take your word for it.

I agree the undying downside isn't really a downside because if you're at the point where its triggering that often you probably can't sustain the stack loss and got to get out of there anyway.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I find it much much easier to get to 1400+ rubble with Atlas than 100+ mutation stacks with Nidus. My Atlas playstyle builds tons of rubble quite easily, and so it should work for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nidus really shines in long missions. now you can make him shine in even longer missions. it's a niche mod, but not a useless one.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've never really played Nidus in level 200+ content, how survivable can you be without the ability to cheat death via either shield gating or putting Nidus Undying on a 30s cooldown? I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

Anyway, Nidus has never really clicked with me in the same way as other complicated frames like Gauss or nu-Hildryn or Baruuk or Atlas has. He is no doubt powerful, the first time I got him I took him to Hydron and instantly ranked him to 30 and got top damage. But he has so many little awkward motions to him. You can't recast his 1 until the wave terminates at an obstacle. It's hard to line up casts of your 1 unless you hold down the ability key for half a second too long. The graphic of his 1 doesn't match with the actual area, meaning it's hard to judge whether or not you're hitting enemies and getting an energy refund. The energy refund on his 1 encourges you to dump efficiency, and doing so means you have very little reserve energy to whiff your cast more than a handful of times. His 2 often fails to snare in enemies, and if that happens it persists in the environment for several seconds blocking you from recasting.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

I've never really played Nidus in level 200+ content, how survivable can you be without the ability to cheat death via either shield gating or putting Nidus Undying on a 30s cooldown? I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

Anyway, Nidus has never really clicked with me in the same way as other complicated frames like Gauss or nu-Hildryn or Baruuk or Atlas has. He is no doubt powerful, the first time I got him I took him to Hydron and instantly ranked him to 30 and got top damage. But he has so many little awkward motions to him. You can't recast his 1 until the wave terminates at an obstacle. It's hard to line up casts of your 1 unless you hold down the ability key for half a second too long. The graphic of his 1 doesn't match with the actual area, meaning it's hard to judge whether or not you're hitting enemies and getting an energy refund. The energy refund on his 1 encourges you to dump efficiency, and doing so means you have very little reserve energy to whiff your cast more than a handful of times. His 2 often fails to snare in enemies, and if that happens it persists in the environment for several seconds blocking you from recasting.

That mod is dumb because it takes forever to reach 100 stacks as it is so doubling it doesn't do any favors. As long as you have a victim to latch onto with 3 your damage intake will be super minimal. Also you don't *have* to tank efficiency. Rage/Hunter Adren will provide tons of freebie energy paired with the 1 refund, I leave efficiency neutral.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, just leave efficiency alone because it's moot in the long run anyway with the return on 1. The amount you get back is based on the cost of the 1, so if you make it cost less, you get less back, therefore it's always kinda neutral and not worth dicking with.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Nidus' biggest problem is that other players exist and murder the map before he can build stacks. I mean, sure, having a higher stack cap is nice and all but also try actually getting to 100 in a reasonable span of time. gently caress, try 50 on anything below level 120-140 stuff.

His 1 is slow to cast, slow to travel, and slow to recast. His 2 is a giant "shoot this ball of dudes!" that literally everyone shoots. Nidus is one of the few frames in the game that is anti-social. He works great solo, but becomes frustrating as gently caress when there are other players around, and completely falls apart if a map wiper exists.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Phobophilia posted:

Anyway, Nidus has never really clicked with me in the same way as other complicated frames like Gauss or nu-Hildryn or Baruuk or Atlas has.

Atlas is punching everything and Gauss is just keeping two buffs up and zipping around being a nearly-invulnerable gun/melee platform.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the thing about all of atlas' more in-depth mechanics is that you can ignore them entirely so long as you have energy and dudes to punch. healing and bonus armor don't matter if you are invulnerable 90% of the time.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

this is your regular reminder that Rush (and sprint speed generally) has literally zero effect on parkour and doesn't actually make you any faster than the guy who knows that you should never be touching the ground

especially on Wisp, who has even MORE reasons to never be touching the ground
I missed all the arguing but I just tested my speed on the plains, in a 668m more-or-less straight line.

Rush + Amalgam Serration:
Sprinting + dashing (rolling) took 22 seconds.
Sprinting without dashes took 30 seconds.
Bullet jumping + sliding (to prevent any hard landings) took 31 seconds.

Rush, no Amalgam Serration:
Sprinting + dashing took 26 seconds.
Sprinting without dashes took 36 seconds.
Bullet jumping + sliding took 35 seconds.

No Rush or Amalgam Serration:
Bullet jumping + sliding took 42 seconds.

All of these are with a haste mote up, 320% strength.

My numbers obviously aren't perfectly accurate and you can argue about dash's interruption of stuff vs bullet jump but it is definitely not true that bullet jump by itself is faster than Rush + Amalgam Serration.
I have dash on a button on my mouse, so it's easier than bullet jumping, and I like how fast I move with this build.

Wisp wants to be in the air to be invisible but she's ridiculously tanky when built to be so it's not at all vitally important. And it's not like I'm taking the stairs all the time or something, I do jump.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

"Parkour is faster!"
"Running is virtually indistinguishable when you've got a run speed buff!"
"You're just doing parkour wrong somehow!"

I've seen this repeated over and over again. Can't we just calm down, take a breath, and agree that you're all wrong because the fastest universal movement is to hit 5?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Supposedly currently blood rush is bugged, allowing you to hit the highest damage cap. Blood rush stacks aren't disappearing when combo counter resets. Pair with true punishment to really watch your red crits soar.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I missed all the arguing but I just tested my speed on the plains, in a 668m more-or-less straight line.

Yeah, straight line was never really in contention.

(But then straight-line isn't really a competition between parkour and sprint in the first place, it's between spoilers, optionally with Naramon waybounds, and everything else.)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 21, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

I find it much much easier to get to 1400+ rubble with Atlas than 100+ mutation stacks with Nidus. My Atlas playstyle builds tons of rubble quite easily, and so it should work for me.

It feels like both of these mods, and other frames like Harrow that depend on your allies not murdering rooms, are primed and ready for whenever hard mode drops.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Very hard mode. Most poo poo will probably be level 80-90 or so with just hard mode, and you can still shred those extremely fast with the right stuff.

Also depends on which missions become the places to be in very hard mode. Level doesn’t matter if you bring enough cc to a mobile defense and just watch everything swing on the strangledome chains.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I was thinking Vauban's glory days from raids might get resurrected depending on the meta map

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

If hardmode is the same thing but level 100, we're already shredding that. If hardmode is the same thing but <insert big number here>, then yeah it'll be dominated by CC and scaling (Nidus, Octavia, etc). If hardmode is like the last time they attempted to put challenge in, it'll be the normal game without mods.

The real question is if it'll actually be worth doing it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hardmode, you get 50,000 credits extra on mission completion.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah, straight line was never really in contention.

(But then straight-line isn't really a competition between parkour and sprint in the first place, it's between spoilers, optionally with Naramon waybounds, and everything else.)

Straight line speed is Zephyr's realm and you will be going unreasonably fast for anything but the open world and it's still unreasonably fast.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

endlessmonotony posted:

Straight line speed is Zephyr's realm and you will be going unreasonably fast for anything but the open world and it's still unreasonably fast.

I kind of wish Zephyr's dash was more like Gauss' but with a Z factor. Continuous instead of intermittent, limited control, constant energy drain, but faaaassst. Turn my girl into a fighter jet goddamnit. Make aim glide into an air brake so you can reorient, then dash off at a different angle. The longer you brake, the bigger initial boost when you release.

gently caress, I'd main Zephyr if she played like that.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Xik posted:

Marathon run Nidus would break in half with this He'll be doing more damage than God after 15-25m depending on how diligently someone can farm up stacks. Imo it's actually too generous compared to the rest, but that's because the rest of Nidus's augments are all janky in some way. This is just straight up "wins long missions" in augment form, and he doesn't really lose anything for running it. Which ... okay, fine? Sure, why not. But, why not share the love, DE?

My question: why are they making augments on the level of this and that Hysteria augment, but then we get bullshit like that Mirage Prism augment copied from Conclave? I'm getting whiplash from the inconsistent deliveries.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

So far all of these augments have not been very impressive.

Like, the nidus augment reaches the vaunted status of “usable” and everything else can get tossed. Even the hysteria augment is really bad, mainly because you still drain energy in hysteria. You’re just tacking on a cooldown to the ability in exchange for more damage that it doesn’t need and not getting a solution to any of valkyr’s problems. Why use her when you could use pretty much any other tank frame and have more to offer?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
more importantly, going in and out of hysteria has a fairly long animation. doing that poo poo every 15 seconds sounds real fun.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

These days the way I’ve seen most people use Valkyr is to just tap it when they’re low to fill back up and then turn it off because her claws are worse than their regular melee weapon.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Hysteria doesn't deactivate when you reload or fire a gun, it just puts the invulnerability part in your pocket and continues to drain energy. But it's not too bad to turn on, thrash some stuff, when you get low on energy switch to a shotgun and get hit a few times for hunter's adrenaline, and hit melee to instantly go back to full health and invulnerability without having to go through the animation.

As the augment is worded, it doesn't specifically say it increases valkyr's talons damage. So if you could turn on hysteria and pull out a gun for red crits on every single thing, the aug would probably be situationally useful to turn her into a gun platform similar to teeming virulence for Nidus. If the augment's bonuses get put on hold like the invulnerability does then it's probably not that great. Since warcry doesn't appear to add gun attack speed just melee, seems unlikely that this would affect both chopping and dakka, but DE. I don't have access to 4loko or perrin for valkyr augments and don't feel like trying to buy one to test though.

Valkyr feels like she sits on the same shelf as Rhino and Inaros, somewhat different flavors of selfish frames that just won't die.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
i think garuda deluxe might be the new winner of Flattest rear end Award

landing craft and craft abilities will be decoupled, so you can use whatever craft you want without losing the Don't Lose Spy button

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 22, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Malloc Voidstar posted:

i think garuda deluxe might be the new winner of Flattest rear end Award

landing craft and craft abilities will be decoupled, so you can use whatever craft you want without losing the Don't Lose Spy button

Got to cover all the kinks, you know.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

As the augment is worded, it doesn't specifically say it increases valkyr's talons damage. So if you could turn on hysteria and pull out a gun for red crits on every single thing, the aug would probably be situationally useful to turn her into a gun platform similar to teeming virulence for Nidus. If the augment's bonuses get put on hold like the invulnerability does then it's probably not that great. Ssnce warcry doesn't appear to add gun attack speed just melee, seems unlikely that this would affect both chopping and dakka, but DE. I don't have access to 4loko or perrin for valkyr augments and don't feel like trying to buy one to test though.

sadly the 200% crit and damage literally get baked into the tooltip of her Talons, it's not a floating buff that can be applied to anything she does. the way hysteria works now where you can keep it in your pocket running in the background when you use guns is pretty much a bug that DE has embraced, it's not how Hysteria used to work at all. so I think they just didn't think carefully about the wording when they wrote the augment

I played with Enraged all day yesterday and my conclusion is that the damage, while hilarious, is total overkill and not being able to keep Hysteria's pocket invincibility on all the time is too big a downside

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yeah I've never used Valk's claws and thought, these six digit hit numbers aren't funny enough