Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

The rockridge one?

no, grand lake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NicoleCarrWSB/status/1263269158944493579

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ne...NMQIKG54UQYB7I/

quote:

Late Wednesday, DPH confirmed that the antibody tests accounted for 57,000 tests in the state’s totals -- which makes up roughly 15% of the total number of tests.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I've watched this about 30 times now...

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

mastershakeman posted:

or I fight a foreclosure as long as I can

It's this. As poo poo-upon workers under capitalism, the only time we have power is the power to refrain from working. If the likely death of your loved ones isn't enough to make it happen, nothing is

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/1263222555596316672

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Someone solved the US Problem:

https://twitter.com/schizoanalytic/status/1262837611296514049?s=20

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ah, I’m not seeing mao’s face imposed on Mount Rushmore????!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Someone solved the US Problem:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

ah, I’m not seeing mao’s face imposed on Mount Rushmore????!!

There will be one face, made from the averages of every single american's face

NBUMBER UPDATE

quote:

Case Updates

New Cases: 0 Confirmed + 0 Probable

Recovered: 1452 (+5) (defined as at least 10 days since onset of symptoms and at least 48 hours symptom free)

Recovery rate: 97% (1)

Recovery rate (ex deaths): 98% (0)

Active cases (total minus recovered and deaths): 30 (-5)

Moongrave has issued a correction as of 02:18 on May 21, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

There will be one face, made from the averages of every single american's face

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

turd in my singlet posted:

lnao all this quarantining is selecting for even sneakier versions of the virus

This happened here this week. There was a woman who didn't develop symptoms until after the mandatory 14 day quarantine period and doctors are pretty certain she contacted the virus prior to returning to Australia.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

In other countries like Sweden yeah but I don't know of state level ones that explain why the hell the south and iowa hasn't had insane outbreaks yet like I expected

Because most people in the south and iowa arerent extreme chuds and are staying home.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

It's pretty aggravating that the billionaires were 100% right to build their bunkers in NZ.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Gripweed posted:

Like, the people who think stuff is gonna stay closed, until when? When would be a safe time to reopen? When there's a vaccine in, maybe, 18 months? You know that's not realistic. "Stay closed" is not an actual answer.

The government was unwilling and unable to take the steps necessary to stop the virus. It's too late now. So the only way out is through.

yeah we've already punched ourself in the dick 10 times we might as well punch ourselves in the dick 1000 more times :rolleyes:

the only way out is universal rent freeze and free loving money for every household in america. embrace it or eat piss binch

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Telstra is by far and away the biggest telco in Australia

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

2DCAT posted:

I've watched this about 30 times now...

Does it need sound or what are we looking at here

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
May 20th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mastershakeman posted:

In other countries like Sweden yeah but I don't know of state level ones that explain why the hell the south and iowa hasn't had insane outbreaks yet like I expected

Ah yes, why doesn't everything happen immediately. That's my attention span.

Every one of your posts makes it obvious why you voted for Trump.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Nocturtle posted:

It's pretty aggravating that the billionaires were 100% right to build their bunkers in NZ.

Depends how hidden they are but yeah probably

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

COVID-420 posted:

yeah we've already punched ourself in the dick 10 times we might as well punch ourselves in the dick 1000 more times :rolleyes:

the only way out is universal rent freeze and free loving money for every household in america. embrace it or eat piss binch

That's not going to happen and you know it. Be serious.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 20th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Thanks for the regular updates on this. I genuinely enjoy watching goon predictions get demolished.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CODChimera posted:

Does it need sound or what are we looking at here

Yeh it needs sound.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

CODChimera posted:

Depends how hidden they are but yeah probably

hell it's the biggest land mass you regularly cannot find on world maps, pretty smart imo

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
We know exactly where Thiel's bunker is, we just need to wait until he gets here before Operation Concrete Jungle is enacted

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

cash crab posted:

welcome to the club idiot

new season of FLCL lookin dope

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

l

Gripweed posted:

That's not going to happen and you know it. Be serious.

see, you on these black PILLS. me, i'm on these black BEANS. we are not the same.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

can you have depression by proxy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

While SARS-CoV-2 has a very high R0, it looks like it also may have a very low dispersion factor. That means that it goes off like a bomb in the right places and doesn't really spread evenly at all when the ingredients aren't right. Here's parts from a good thread on it:

https://twitter.com/kakape/status/1262871743972114432

https://twitter.com/kakape/status/1262873604796145665

So covid outbreaks are extremely stochastic. 3/4 times nothing may happen and 1/4 times it may blow up. There may be some environments that are conducive to superspreading or some people that are super spreaders while the median chance of infection remains quite low.

This sort of information combined with the low household attack rate leads me to believe that if people don't spend a prolonged duration with an infected person doing an activity that generates droplets, then they probably won't get infected.

So the lock down killed more people?

Lol

LOL

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hey louisiana everything you want

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

COVID-420 posted:

l

see, you on these black PILLS. me, i'm on these black BEANS. we are not the same.

It's not about being blackpilled, it's about accepting reality. The American government is unwilling and incapable of taking the measures necessary to make further lockdown practical or effective.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
There’s no way the senate will extend unemployment benefits past July.

If the Democrats agree to immunity for businesses from covid lawsuits, we might get another round of 1200$ checks, though.

If you’re furloughed, you’ll need to go back to work. If your unemployed, I’d start job hunting by July 1st, if not earlier.

it really sucks, and I feel bad for everyone who is scared. Unfortunately, I think this is the reality we are facing.

I hope I’m wrong, and I hope the democrats don’t cave in but lol come on.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Inceltown posted:

#ronibreak

Wonder how Spiderman would play out in Australia? Wonder no more

https://twitter.com/abcsydney/status/1263210938955513856

good ole tularemia. i diagnosed that in a rabbit this week.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Mr Hootington posted:

So the lock down killed more people?

Lol

LOL

I think it's more complicated than that

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Nocturtle posted:

I think you got it a bit backwards. The billionaires forced them to have a severe lockdown to protect themselves too. After all, they do read the same articles we do and they don't want the population on the same island turning on them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

brasil reported more covid cases than USA today lol

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Mourne posted:

If you’re furloughed, you’ll need to go back to work. If your unemployed, I’d start job hunting by July 1st, if not earlier.

it really sucks, and I feel bad for everyone who is scared. Unfortunately, I think this is the reality we are facing.

Why the gently caress would we want to do that rather than general strike

What are they gonna do, foreclose on 100% of Americans at once? I think they'll have bigger problems if they try

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

my cousin is a 19 yo zoomer who fits every gamer stereotype imaginable. he's been staying with me since his college shut down. eats chicken tenders and drinks koolaid for every meal and 99% of my shopping has been to supply him with junk food. he dgaf about politics outside of gamer poo poo.

today he informed me he wanted to learn to bake bread because "everything's hosed up and gonna be even more hosed up soon" and he doesn't want me going outside anymore. he made a pretty decent focaccia on his first try.

wtf is dr. disrespect telling these kids in these streams??

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Don't worry the USA is still #1 in cases. They're just #1 in covering them up too.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

rent strike is real. the cheesecake factory and equinox didn't pay their april and may rents lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

holy poo poo i hate this

SKULL.GIF posted:

i can't say i love this either tbh