Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think gut feeling is important, but people's guts say different things. My beat-on-the-street gut is sincerely different in 2020 than 2016. I did think early 2020 that Trump was the clear favorite and had basically accepted it. However, poo poo's gone south for him since then. But to me, the real feeling is that I'm not sensing the ire/irritation that existed for Hillary, even from her own camp. Biden doesn't "excite" but he's not getting "vagenda of manocide" signs either. I saw tons of anti-Hillary merch in 2016; the only anti-Biden materiel I've seen in 2020 is here. I think Republicans aren't motivated to vote against Biden like they were for Hillary, and statistically they're more motivated by anger. Also, Trump can't pick up the same "maybe he DOES love lgbt+ rights!!" idiot votes as last time. Or the "what have you got to lose" votes. Oh, look. mass graves. hmm. turns out I had something to lose after all! d'oh!

I think the general polls also suggest this though, and it'll carry over to the Senate and that race, since 2020 is a referendum on Trump leadership, which has visibly not been stellar. Also, there's very little anti-idpol discourse for the Republicans to cling to, since it's not the thrust of any Dem's strategy this go-around. Dems did pivot a lot more than we're admitting; minority rights etc are very obviously on the backburner.

Pick fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Killer robot posted:

Fun thing is how no matter what happens a lot of the same people will talk about how much abuse they got today for calling it so accurately.

<marks you down for November abuse>

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Quick thread on the Q loon that "won" the chance to oppose Wyden in November.

https://twitter.com/BookLockdown/status/1263271381086732289

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pick posted:

I think gut feeling is important, but people's guts say different things. My beat-on-the-street gut is sincerely different in 2020 than 2016. I did think early 2020 that Trump was the clear favorite and had basically accepted it. However, poo poo's gone south for him since then. But to me, the real feeling is that I'm not sensing the ire/irritation that existed for Hillary, even from her own camp. Biden doesn't "excite" but he's not getting "vagenda of manocide" signs either. I saw tons of anti-Hillary merch in 2016; the only anti-Biden materiel I've seen in 2020 is here. I think Republicans aren't motivated to vote against Biden like they were for Hillary, and statistically they're more motivated by anger. Also, Trump can't pick up the same "maybe he DOES love lgbt+ rights!!" idiot votes as last time. Or the "what have you got to lose" votes. Oh, look. mass graves. hmm. turns out I had something to lose after all! d'oh!

I think the general polls also suggest this though, and it'll carry over to the Senate and that race, since 2020 is a referendum on Trump leadership, which has visibly not been stellar. Also, there's very little anti-idpol discourse for the Republicans to cling to, since it's not the thrust of any Dem's strategy this go-around. Dems did pivot a lot more than we're admitting; minority rights etc are very obviously on the backburner.

yeah, most people i know not from here or twitter don't hate Biden. the dont love him for the most part but they are fine with him. like you said, he doesnt inspire waves of "loving evil witch murderer" that clinton did. trumps in the same spot clinton was in 2016. except probably much worse. biden offers platitudes and normalcy which are meh at best for folks like us and such but most dont give a poo poo and right now could give less of a gently caress about policies. that good thing for biden is trump offers nothing but narsstic ravings and weird red meat horrors for his dumb poo poo base and no one else.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263261477575819267

trump offers nothing to anyone.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 21, 2020

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Imagine Hilary trying to put together a quarantine for the United States. Goddamn the right would be freaking out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scientist Al Gore posted:

Imagine Hilary trying to put together a quarantine for the United States. Goddamn the right would be freaking out.

yeah. i'll be a loving rear end in a top hat and say in some ways we would probably be way more hosed in the clinton verse than we are now. because the GOP would have a super majority(full senate and full house) and trump would either be running again or some other ghouls because the great satan clinton and etc.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 21, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Uncle Wemus posted:

Inventing a shock collar that electrocutes people who sincerely say "means tested" and "tax credit"

https://twitter.com/ThirdWayKessler/status/1263199113052651521

refundable tax credits are a perfectly good way to implement things, particularly if they're payable immediately

the $1200 payout was a refundable tax credit

an actual factual UBI program would probably be a refundable tax credit, because why not use the existing IRS infrastructure

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
On the bright side we could all have a good laugh about President Clinton's "Pokeymon Go-To-The-Mall" address.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Scientist Al Gore posted:

They'd be calling for her head over the hundreds of deaths that occurred instead of letting Donny off the hook for a hundred thousand.

Hillary is corrupt and bad but also a bunch more people would probably alive.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eminai posted:

On the bright side we could all have a good laugh about President Clinton's "Pokeymon Go-To-The-Mall" address.

i mean there is also a chance that we smothered covid in the cradle and it never broke out hard in the US because clinton would have probably kept the CDC and poo poo running. i mean idk.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, most people i know not from here or twitter don't hate Biden. the dont love him for the most part but they are fine with him. like you said, he doesnt inspire waves of "loving evil witch murderer" that clinton did. trumps in the same spot clinton was in 2016. except probably much worse. biden offers platitudes and normalcy which are meh at best for folks like us and such but most dont give a poo poo and right now could give less of a gently caress about policies. that good thing for biden is trump offers nothing but narsstic ravings and weird red meat horrors for his dumb poo poo base and no one else.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263261477575819267

trump offers nothing to anyone.

The "I want things to go back to normal*" and/or "I don't want to see the president every day or have 100% of my news be about politics leading with the president" vote is going to be key this time I think, one reason that I don't agree with the Kerry and Gore comparisons wrt: facetime for the candidate. I think part of Biden's appeal to the average voter is literally, "you will not see me constantly because I will be boring". The Democrats overall seem to be trying to avoid flashpoints. No big stands, no loud noises.

*Yes, we know that's not possible

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Pick posted:

I think part of Biden's appeal to the average voter is literally, "you will not see me constantly because I will be boring".

That is, more or less, his only platform. "Things will not fundamentally change, except there will be less president twitter." Tragically, now that trump is normalized, he's not going away until he loving dies. And even after we'll still be hearing maga poo poo for the next 40 years just like Reagan.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ershalim posted:

That is, more or less, his only platform.

I think it's his main plank because it's what people have been asking for the most consistently. I do personally know R or lean-R folks who intend to vote for him. It's not policy-based.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Trump Is Brazenly Interfering With the 2020 Election
theatlantic.com/11:30 AM ET

[Pretty sure the individual in the included White House lawn photo is not much capable of blazingly interfering with a wee pile of wet sawdust, but anyway]:

"Imagine that the White House chief of staff wrote a secret memo, at the behest of the president of the United States, to the Treasury secretary and the director of the Office of Management and Budget. In the carefully hidden memo, the chief of staff directs the two to secretly and illegally cut off all federal funding to two key swing states, both led by Democratic governors, with the goal of rigging turnout in favor of the president’s party in the 2020 election.

Now imagine that the memo leaked to The Wall Street Journal, which splashed the story across its front page. The other major papers would quickly follow. Cable news would cover it wall to wall. There would be congressional investigations.

Now imagine that instead of conducting all this skulduggery in private, the president just openly tweeted it out. Actually, you don’t have to imagine it. You can just surf over to Donald Trump’s Twitter feed this morning:"

Racism declared a public health crisis in Ohio's most populated county
abcnews.go.com/May 20, 2020
" Officials in Ohio have declared racism a public health crisis in the state's most populated county.

Commissioners in Franklin County passed a resolution Tuesday that makes the declaration, as well as vows to support community efforts on racism and ensure that board commissioners will work under "antiracism principles."

The resolution was in the works well before the novel coronavirus crisis, according to officials.

“Racism has been a pandemic long before the current coronavirus pandemic,” Commissioner Kevin L. Boyce said in a statement. “Our declaration today is important, but it’s not saying anything that hasn’t been apparent for a long time. COVID-19 has highlighted the health divide between black and white Ohioans, however, and I hope that it can be the catalyst we need to reform the whole health system so that it works for all of us equally.”

The declaration describes race as a "social construct with no biological basis." It also identifies two types of racism: individualized racism and systemic racism."

Citing financial cost of pandemic, House liberals demand cut in military spending
washingtonpost.com/May 19, 2020
"Twenty-nine of the House’s most liberal Democratic members called Tuesday for a cut in military spending in the yearly national defense authorization bill — a declaration, they said, that is meant to focus federal resources on the coronavirus pandemic.

The demand, however, stands to greatly complicate the Democratic-controlled House’s ability to advance the National Defense Authorization Act, one of the most consequential must-pass measures that Congress assembles each year. It is likely to generate objections from Republicans and more moderate Democrats alike — and create headaches for Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and her leadership team.

The signers are almost all members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, including lead sponsors Barbara Lee (Calif.) and Mark Pocan (Wis.), who have long called for lower levels of Pentagon spending to free more resources for domestic spending. But the pandemic, they argue, presents a new imperative for defense cuts."

‘Anti-lockdown protesters’ are nothing but strikebreakers
peoplesworld.org/May 18, 2020
"In the middle of this deadly COVID-19 pandemic, which has already cost our nation over 90,000 lives, we’ve seen the spectacle of crowds of heavily armed racist white men demanding the economy be reopened. They project an image of regular working folks pressed to speak out against government “tyranny” that has unreasonably forced them to stay home.

They say all they want is to reopen their little businesses and for the government to let all Americans go back to safe, peaceful, and prosperous work. Much like their overall view of the world, however, that is a false, misleading narrative."

Anti-lockdown protests aren’t just an American thing. They’re a global phenomenon.
vox.com/May 20, 2020
"The anti-lockdown protests that have garnered so much attention in the United States in recent weeks may seem like a uniquely American phenomenon. Wired’s Emma Grey Ellis called them an “American mess,” describing them as “a modern permutation of an identity crisis with roots very deep in America’s individualist history.”

The protests have been compared to other American political movements, from Trump rallies to the rise of the Tea Party in 2009, which took its own name from the 1773 Boston Tea Party, a seminal event in US history that helped spark the American Revolution and came to symbolize the fundamental American trait of rejection of tyranny and government overreach.

But while the anti-lockdown protests that have taken place in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Carolina, Utah, and elsewhere certainly have a distinctly American flavor, they are far from unique to America. Similar protests have taken place almost everywhere you look around the world."

Anti-lockdown demonstrators trade guns for scissors at Michigan 'haircut' protest
nbcnews.com/May 20, 2020
"Hundreds of protesters turned out Wednesday to protest Michigan's stay-at-home order — and get free haircuts.

Toting signs that read "End tyranny," "Live free or die" and accusing Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of "killing small businesses," demonstrators rallied outside the state Capitol in Lansing as part of "Operation Haircut."

Several barbers were in attendance, giving free trims to demonstrators. Some of the barbers and protesters were not wearing face coverings. Many of the demonstrators also stood within 6 feet of one another as they waited for their cuts.

At least three of the barbers were given citations for disorderly conduct, the state police said on Twitter.

"All individuals engaging in haircuts are being educated on the law," the police tweeted. "Those who do not comply will be cited for disorderly conduct. All citations will be forwarded to the AG’s Office for review."

The police estimated there were 350 people in attendance."

Coronavirus hot spots erupt across the country; experts warn of second wave in South
washingtonpost.com/May 20, 2020 at 6:22 p.m. CDT

Even If Cases Start Decreasing, Experts Say Second Wave Of COVID-19 Is Possible
cbslocal.com/May 20, 2020 at 7:34 pm

History's warning about a second wave of coronavirus
wfmynews2.com/Published: 5:16 PM EDT May 20, 2020
"Just like today, Americans were desperate to emerge from quarantine during the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. But a second deadly wave of the virus was lurking."

https://www.saskarchives.com/sites/default/files/pictures/jollysad.jpg

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ershalim posted:

That is, more or less, his only platform. "Things will not fundamentally change, except there will be less president twitter." Tragically, now that trump is normalized, he's not going away until he loving dies. And even after we'll still be hearing maga poo poo for the next 40 years just like Reagan.

...like we hear about W all the time?

It ain't happening.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

theflyingorc posted:

It ain't happening.

Are you familiar with "miss me yet?"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pick posted:

I think it's his main plank because it's what people have been asking for the most consistently. I do personally know R or lean-R folks who intend to vote for him. It's not policy-based.

the last thing biden cares about is what people want

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

theflyingorc posted:

It ain't happening.

yeah, that would be awful

https://twitter.com/KatieHill4CA/status/1256660727131246592

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

dwarf74 posted:

Expect this poo poo to hit national news tonight.

A ridiculous Downstate Illinois republican got removed from the state house floor because he is a whiny dipshit who refused to wear a mask.

The vote was bipartisan at least.

https://t.co/GUoeiHlnIa

This guy is from the area I live in. People around here think he is the greatest thing since Trump.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Ershalim posted:

Are you familiar with "miss me yet?"

Oh yeah, that thing that happened for years and years after, not for like 2. Very comparable.

That person is truly praising him much like Republicans do for Reagan, that is what is happening, you are very smart.

W has been rehabilitated, but he isn't a rally point. Stop saying goofy things.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

theflyingorc posted:

Oh yeah, that thing that happened for years and years after, not for like 2. Very comparable.

So like, you know how W literally withdrew from public life to go be a painter and poo poo, yeah? You know that post in-office trump ain't gonna do that, right? So the hagiography of dumbfuck W Bush was slower and more subtle and downplayed because the person in question did so on purpose. With trump his idiot cultists are going to follow his inane empty drivel until the well runs dry, and then they'll just ignore what he was like once he dies and just pretend he was the bestest most smartest person who ever lived.

For more information on this pattern, consult the entirety of the right wing establishment.

e: it's not just presidents. It's every ghoulish creep motherfucker who ever gained prominence. They never go away.

Ershalim fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 21, 2020

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Jaxyon posted:

They'd be calling for her head over the hundreds of deaths that occurred instead of letting Donny off the hook for a hundred thousand.

Hillary is corrupt and bad but also a bunch more people would probably alive.

Wait, lets not buy into right wing talking points and revisionist history, Hillary was smeared with a whole lot of things, and there was never any evidence of corruption, not even at the level of, "My son got a job because I'm famous". Everything was made up fabrications by Republicans.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Ershalim posted:

So like, you know how W literally withdrew from public life to go be a painter and poo poo, yeah? You know that post in-office trump ain't gonna do that, right? So the hagiography of dumbfuck W Bush was slower and more subtle and downplayed because the person in question did so on purpose. With trump his idiot cultists are going to follow his inane empty drivel until the well runs dry, and then they'll just ignore what he was like once he dies and just pretend he was the bestest most smartest person who ever lived.

For more information on this pattern, consult the entirety of the right wing establishment.

e: it's not just presidents. It's every ghoulish creep motherfucker who ever gained prominence. They never go away.

You didn't say he wouldn't go away, you said he'd be deified like Reagan. Reagan was lying, but he talked the talk and made people feel good. Trump doesn't have that.

Nixon didn't have any of what you're talking about either. You're saying ridiculous things.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

There's no way Trump goes away if he loses. He will post up in Mar-a-Lago (the winter White House) and style himself as the true US government in exile, commenting on and injecting himself into every single thing that happens, until he dies. Maybe he'll revive those "TrumpTV" plans. Maybe he'll keep doing rallies and dangle around the idea of running again in 2024 for his base - the networks will certainly cover them. Look at how much the fat gently caress tweets now, with the most serious job on the planet, and imagine how ever-present he'll be when he's unemployed.

Reagan was basically senile by the end. Nixon had the good grace to feel shame and accept that he needed to stand aside for the good of the country. Trump is not either of those things and none of the people who have hitched their wagon to his cause will stand up and tell him to stop even once he's out of office.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 21, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
TrumpTV was a cigar smoking dog character bit that ultimately they weren't able to use. drat, what's that dogs name. The character dog, with a cigar. They were the ones spreading that rumor because of some thing they were doing for the comedy program.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Pick posted:

TrumpTV was a cigar smoking dog character bit that ultimately they weren't able to use. drat, what's that dogs name. The character dog, with a cigar. They were the ones spreading that rumor because of some thing they were doing for the comedy program.

Triumph, but I think Trump may have also been seriously looking into it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Mitch has no political strategy as such, he just wants people to suffer. All of his decisions reflect this.

I think the guy is genuinely interested in winning elections but not much else and that's largely what motivates him and he'll change courses if he thinks the current one is a legitimate losing endeavor and could cost him the Senate majority. I remember reading an article where the journalist went to his alma matter in Kentucky and could find very little on substance and policy in all the memorabilia tribute stuff about him but said there sure as gently caress was a lot about his college and senatorial election wins. It definitely tracks with that seeming to be what motivates him, power for powers sake etc. I don't get the vibe of pure sadism from him so much as pure nihilism towards government save pulling off the big election win.

If he figures he can win just by pandering to the Trump base and all it's bullshit while relying on Fox News propaganda and the tactics that have won the GOP the senate for the 2010's then so be it. Even Trump back when he was still much more coherent said he switched from Democrat to Republican for his presidential bid because he figures it's easier to win an election as a Republican and with it's franchise and IMO he was absolutely right. I kind of figure he wouldn't even remember that poo poo now though. To me Trumps the one with absolutely zero political strategy and political sense because so far because of the way things are with America's political climate he hasn't really needed it. He'd have been absolute rear end hosed without twitter, the mythology behind the Trump brand, the overwhelming press he got being at one time the big joke meme candidate of 2015/2016, and the circumstances of the time period he was elected in as well and wouldn't have even made it past the opening primaries. Right now the only thing that seems to be in his favor is the power of incumbency and the unpredictability of the electoral college where losing the popular vote but winning anyway is entirely within the realm of possibility. If it weren't for the electoral college fuckery I'd be entirely in the going to lose re-election camp instead of like 66% leaning towards that prediction.

If he somehow wins the Electoral college AND the popular vote in November than I'll straight up just never put stock in any poll ever again and will very likely never believe in America or Western civilization ever again for the rest of my life despite already being over halfway to that point anyway.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 21, 2020

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

Triumph, but I think Trump may have also been seriously looking into it.

Wasn't trump doing this during the election? I swear I remember some people sitting in a room somewhere with bad microphones calling themselves trump tv. The idea of trump tv was shelved immediately because he won, but I'm sure he did more than just look into it.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Pick posted:

It was absolutely a real thing that they were planning to spin up as a fall back late in the 2016 campaign when it was assumed that the pussy tape and everything else would sink Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-presidential-debates/donald-trump-tv-network-could-be-just-three-months-away-n668901

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/04/what-ever-happened-to-trump-tv/

It just went away because he won and therefore who cares about a stupid TV channel.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
You can't spell Triumph without Trump.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263282491043037184
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263282623939477511

I'm starting to smell the desperation.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Otteration posted:

Anti-lockdown protests aren’t just an American thing. They’re a global phenomenon.
vox.com/May 20, 2020
"The anti-lockdown protests that have garnered so much attention in the United States in recent weeks may seem like a uniquely American phenomenon. Wired’s Emma Grey Ellis called them an “American mess,” describing them as “a modern permutation of an identity crisis with roots very deep in America’s individualist history.”

The protests have been compared to other American political movements, from Trump rallies to the rise of the Tea Party in 2009, which took its own name from the 1773 Boston Tea Party, a seminal event in US history that helped spark the American Revolution and came to symbolize the fundamental American trait of rejection of tyranny and government overreach.

But while the anti-lockdown protests that have taken place in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Carolina, Utah, and elsewhere certainly have a distinctly American flavor, they are far from unique to America. Similar protests have taken place almost everywhere you look around the world."

weird how all of the countries mentioned in this article have right wing governments. probs just a coincidence

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Mat Cauthon posted:

There's no way Trump goes away if he loses. He will post up in Mar-a-Lago (the winter White House) and style himself as the true US government in exile, commenting on and injecting himself into every single thing that happens, until he dies. Maybe he'll revive those "TrumpTV" plans. Maybe he'll keep doing rallies and dangle around the idea of running again in 2024 for his base - the networks will certainly cover them. Look at how much the fat gently caress tweets now, with the most serious job on the planet, and imagine how ever-present he'll be when he's unemployed.
The difference being when he's no longer president he can't follow up his batshit tweets with Executive Orders.

Personally I think he'll buy OANN.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mat Cauthon posted:

It was absolutely a real thing that they were planning to spin up as a fall back late in the 2016 campaign when it was assumed that the pussy tape and everything else would sink Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-presidential-debates/donald-trump-tv-network-could-be-just-three-months-away-n668901

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/04/what-ever-happened-to-trump-tv/

It just went away because he won and therefore who cares about a stupid TV channel.

One's from before Triumph team came out and admitted it, the other didn't follow up or seem to know.

I don't have Hulu any more, but someone please look at the election night one--it was in the part leading up to this clip where they discussed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEld9E_oZuI

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/status/1262851841697562624
Just because President Shithead loves it, these people are literally embracing it as some magic cure-all elixir.
Pages ago, but that's an anti-biotic....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azithromycin

:downsbravo:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There is a reality we have to confront:
Every republican president in my lifetime has been the worst one ever. They have established a downward trend line and managed to continue it beyond all reason.
Someday, in the not-too-distant future, we will be wishing for a president as competent and rational as Trump was.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
^^^^ I don't know how old you are, but Bush the First was definitely not as lovely as Reagan (probably in part because he only had half the time to gently caress up). Certainly since then the trend is extremely true, though.

Mat Cauthon posted:

Reagan was basically senile by the end. Nixon had the good grace to feel shame and accept that he needed to stand aside for the good of the country. Trump is not either of those things and none of the people who have hitched their wagon to his cause will stand up and tell him to stop even once he's out of office.

Fully agreed, except I'd substitute "dacha on the Crimean" for "Mar-a-Lago." He's going to be an absolute nightmare as an ex-President (whether in January 2021, January 2025, or whenever), and a genuine security risk.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GreyjoyBastard posted:

refundable tax credits are a perfectly good way to implement things, particularly if they're payable immediately

the $1200 payout was a refundable tax credit

an actual factual UBI program would probably be a refundable tax credit, because why not use the existing IRS infrastructure

Yeah provided it's a UBI that you can spend on whatever the gently caress you want and not some "here's some money so you can learn 2 code" nonsense. If there was additional funding for people who want a job training program and those funds supplemented a regular UBI then that would be great. But that's not what's being proposed here, unfortunately.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reset the clock

https://twitter.com/senquezada29/status/1263298028389036032?s=21

I believe this is a shopping complex in Arizona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Even here, most the people who very specifically hate Biden seem to care less about him than they did about Pete, Warren, or Harris when they looked like they might be in serious contention for the nom. Much less how they were and still are about Hillary.