Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Stan Taylor posted:

playing guitar on 3 while I use a stationary bike.

This is an amazing idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Stan Taylor posted:

Most of my rb time lately has been messing with customs and playing guitar on 3 while I use a stationary bike.

Whoa, look at Mr Multitask here. :golfclap:

Box of Frogs
Feb 12, 2012
I haven't played Rivals in a loooong time and I'm confused about the current system. If I'm understanding it right, any number of crew can play a song on one instrument to get a total of 20,000 LP? I'm still used to the old way

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yep, each instrument per player maxes out at 10k with a total song max of 20k. You can technically do it with two people getting the top score on two instruments, but will more realistically get it with 4 or so decent players on whatever instruments they want

Box of Frogs
Feb 12, 2012
Huh, interesting

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
After moving and not living in an apartment for the first time in nine years, I finally have enough space to play drums regularly, and it turns out my cymbals still work okay. Are there any open crews on Xbox? I had bought Rivals when it came out but never really got a chance to see how it works.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Anyone know why it says Team Normals was not promoted? We were in the 90th percentile.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you talking the week one? That's normal I've found. Why that is, idk, but that's how the app displays.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

GoutPatrol posted:

Anyone know why it says Team Normals was not promoted? We were in the 90th percentile.

last's week challenge was a one-off, the full season starts this week

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hello thread, I have a quick question. I am thinking about rebuying a 360 to play Rock Band again. Back in the day I did an export of Rock Band 1 and 2 into Rock Band 3. If I reacquire Rock Band 3 would it still be possible to get all the songs from 1 and 2 to play with 3? I remember you had to purchase some sort of export license and I’m guessing it’s still tied to my account.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
For Rock Band 2 you can go into your download history on your Xbox 360, locate the RB2 export pack, and just hit redownload and you’re good to go. Rock Band 1 may be more complicated because they didn’t do a download, they did some kind of weird disc-ripping method because they didn’t plan on disc exports being a thing at first. You may need to try to track down a copy of RB1 to be able to do so, but the good news is that because you already bought the export, you can use any copy of RB1, even one that’s not your own.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I actually just recently redownloaded my entire library on 360 and yeah if you bought the export packs on 2, Lego, ACDC or Green Day they'll all be in your download history on the console. It'll just take awhile if you have a lot of dlc because the console menus are slow and there's no way to do it from a PC anymore.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Pirate Jet posted:

For Rock Band 2 you can go into your download history on your Xbox 360, locate the RB2 export pack, and just hit redownload and you’re good to go. Rock Band 1 may be more complicated because they didn’t do a download, they did some kind of weird disc-ripping method because they didn’t plan on disc exports being a thing at first. You may need to try to track down a copy of RB1 to be able to do so, but the good news is that because you already bought the export, you can use any copy of RB1, even one that’s not your own.

My friend has a copy of RB1 so I should be good to go. Thanks for the info.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Rad Valtar posted:

Hello thread, I have a quick question. I am thinking about rebuying a 360 to play Rock Band again. Back in the day I did an export of Rock Band 1 and 2 into Rock Band 3. If I reacquire Rock Band 3 would it still be possible to get all the songs from 1 and 2 to play with 3? I remember you had to purchase some sort of export license and I’m guessing it’s still tied to my account.

Yeah you can download pretty much all of it from your 360's download history. You'll need a disc for 1 to redo that export (and I'd do that first as RB1 runs like garbage if you have a ton of DLC), but other than that you can redownload everything you previously purchased.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Does know why our PS4 group is doing so bad this week? I'm looking at our stats and plays and don't see that big a different, but we're only at 27th percentile.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
this is generally the week where we start falling - after 3 promotions back to back to back, we end up in the tier where most people are tryhards now so you have to put in a fuckload more effort to promote

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Yeah it's around this time that the group I'm in take a week off because you have to be psychotic to get enough XP. Rivals was a lot more miserable when you could be demoted.

Box of Frogs
Feb 12, 2012
I've been in the process of moving so im not able to put in the time like the last 2 weeks.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah this week in every season is the time i just go into quick play and mash the random button

i tried practicing (expert pro drums) the fast parts in BTBAM's Obfuscation (i think it's Guitar Solo 2A-2C?) and even at 70% i can barely even understand what the gently caress he is playing. this was at breakneck 1.5, i upped it to 1.75 to make it easier to distinguish the order of notes and it was a little easier but gently caress me this is hard

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And here's me still trying to work through that solo in The Middle. I should take it into Practice probably and slow it down. That opening bit/fast HOPOs sometimes just make my brain stop.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If I wanted to create a small crew for me and my buddies to just be in and sometimes do whatever in, do I need Live Gold? I can't seem to find the "Rivals Hub" on the main menu and the only option I can't get into is "online quickplay" since I don't have Gold.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have, a weird edge case question.

I found out about MC Lars after RB4 came out and the end of RBN. With that said, is there any way at all I could still get This Gigantic Robot Kills? It's the one track he put up on RBN. I'd love to buy it from Microsoft, but it's no longer available.
Am I boned?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Does this work? https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000e17-0000-4000-8000-000045410914

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I have, a weird edge case question.

I found out about MC Lars after RB4 came out and the end of RBN. With that said, is there any way at all I could still get This Gigantic Robot Kills? It's the one track he put up on RBN. I'd love to buy it from Microsoft, but it's no longer available.
Am I boned?

RBN stuff was delisted, so you're boned.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got as far as that before that it's not available, yeah. It's why I was asking. But thanks Kaboobi, you're a good person. :unsmith:

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

so what happens if you buy it via the link?
you have the licence to use it with no way to download the gameplay files?

i'd buy it just to test but my card has like 4 dollars on it and spending half on curiosity / rock band when there's so many customs i still have to play-thru at present seems ill advised.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried to buy it once (on desktop, rather than via my 360 or the RBN store.) And got an error or something like that.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Butterflysmasher posted:

so what happens if you buy it via the link?
you have the licence to use it with no way to download the gameplay files?

i'd buy it just to test but my card has like 4 dollars on it and spending half on curiosity / rock band when there's so many customs i still have to play-thru at present seems ill advised.

It throws an error if you try to buy it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Finally got my Rock Band Immortal trophy. I just spent several hours going through songs to see which stars came from tour mode or quickplay, and only doing solo vocals. It popped at Metropolis part I.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Drum pedals are platform-agnostic right? Just got my spare RB3 drumset from my parents house, and the plastic base is broken. I've fixed a broken top before (metal plate thing that was easy to get on Amazon), but I feel like a bottom might not be worth the trouble. Since I still have a working pedal on my main drumset, I'm thinking I'll just toss this broken one, but I wanna make sure I'm not gonna be kicking myself over it down the line. I just assume spare pedals are way easier to come by vs. the actual full drum controllers.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Minidust posted:

Drum pedals are platform-agnostic right? Just got my spare RB3 drumset from my parents house, and the plastic base is broken. I've fixed a broken top before (metal plate thing that was easy to get on Amazon), but I feel like a bottom might not be worth the trouble. Since I still have a working pedal on my main drumset, I'm thinking I'll just toss this broken one, but I wanna make sure I'm not gonna be kicking myself over it down the line. I just assume spare pedals are way easier to come by vs. the actual full drum controllers.

Yeah, the pedals are just a magnet hooked up to a wire.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

all of the dlc has been bad for months but the digital version is $15 with rivals included! Never use a disc again!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rock-band-4-rivals-bundle/brs6zckhrnvx

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

all of the dlc has been bad for months but the digital version is $15 with rivals included! Never use a disc again!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rock-band-4-rivals-bundle/brs6zckhrnvx

Nor customs. :(

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

My MIDI Pro Adapter for PS3 is still running strong but just for the hell of it, I was going to order another one to have on hand for my expensive rear end e-kit if something happens to my current adapter. Holy poo poo they are trying to get $400 for them now for the PS3! I know the Xbox version was jacked up to stupid prices a long time ago, but even Amazon used to have the PS3 version for retail price back 8 or so months ago when I last checked. Damnit, I should have bought one then! I hope this little guy never dies!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, I got a 360 one last year for $20, now they're stupid expensive.

Luckily someone reverse engineered a PS3 solution for midi drums, so you can get (better!) midi adapters that support USBMIDI now too, and no roll limit. Xbox users have to rip apart an RB2 kit and rewire a hacky solution to get the same functionality, but it's cheaper than buying the PDP adapter at this point :v:

http://rolllimitless.com/roll-limitless/

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I totally forgot about that, purchased! Thanks for reminding me that exists. Rockband is the whole reason I got into drumming years ago and I would hate to lose the ability to play along with the game when I want.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011
It looks like the main drummer for the Goons Playing Tunes Xbox crew is gone. Might be a long shot but do we got any higher-level drummers lurking that wants in?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Has anyone heard word on if the new Series X will support the Rock Band legacy adapters? I seem to recall Microsoft using wording that "most" peripherals would be forward-compatible but there is a little wiggle room there for niche devices like these to not be supported.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Fina posted:

Has anyone heard word on if the new Series X will support the Rock Band legacy adapters? I seem to recall Microsoft using wording that "most" peripherals would be forward-compatible but there is a little wiggle room there for niche devices like these to not be supported.

http://twitter.com/ComplicitOwl/status/1308429267571744768

http://twitter.com/Kaboobi/status/1308429544869761026

http://twitter.com/t_ferrio/status/1308433888893718529

sounds like it to me, straight from rock band’s product manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lord Zedd posted:

It looks like the main drummer for the Goons Playing Tunes Xbox crew is gone. Might be a long shot but do we got any higher-level drummers lurking that wants in?

We also have at least one slot for a non drummer currently. And tons of people that stopped playing. So there are other slots if you want in.