Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How about fix the lovely beastmen perhaps? I'm super happy the orcs FINALLY got some much needed love but the beastmen are in a sorry state right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

esquilax posted:

Have any of the DLC races ever gotten any DLC, FreeLC, or reworks? I can't think of any but I may have just forgotten.

-Beastmen got Morghur when Wood Elves came out.
-All four of the pre-Norsca DLC races for Warhammer 1 (Beastmen, Wood Elves, Chaos, and Bretonnia) got regiments of renown for CA's anniversary.
-Chaos got a mini-rework where they got replenishment for their tech trees and lost most of their infighting attrition (Marauders still infight but you're not using them past like turn 8).
-Tomb Kings received the Bone Giant for the Skulls for the Skull Throne event a few months after their release.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

esquilax posted:

Have any of the DLC races ever gotten any DLC, FreeLC, or reworks? I can't think of any but I may have just forgotten.

Tomb Kings got bone giants

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

esquilax posted:

Bone Giant was given to Tomb Kings after launch. Repanse technically counts but it's FreeLC for FreeLC. For the paid DLC game 1 races? Wasn't Morghur post - launch content for Beastmen as well?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

How about fix the lovely beastmen perhaps? I'm super happy the orcs FINALLY got some much needed love but the beastmen are in a sorry state right now

Fixing Beastmen and Wood Elves at the same time would make a lot of thematic sense.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCGNj1lahDA

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Hunt11 posted:

Fixing Beastmen and Wood Elves at the same time would make a lot of thematic sense.

I would guess if they did a pack, it'd be the Brass Bull and either the Wood Elf twins or the Bowmen of Oreon and then maybe like Boris Toddbringer as the FLC lord getting a psuedo-huntsmarshal campaign as he travels around trying to flush out beastmen.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Chaos got Horsemasters, Feral Manticores, and Aspiring Champions all added as FLC at some point during game one.

Todbringer getting some kind of rework is something they have said will happen. I suspect he will become a full LL with his own factions as FLC, maybe or maybe not requiring Hunter and the Beast to use.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 21, 2020

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

esquilax posted:

Just the RORs from the 30th anniversary FLC stuff, I think. There's obviously been some unit/AI tweaks here and there, but nothing substantial enough that I'd consider it a rework.

Anno posted:

Yeah I think it’ll be like a spring/summer 2021 thing. They still have Troy to market/release this year.

I forgot about Troy coming out. Looking at the last 4-5 game releases (not DLC or expansions) from CA, everything's either been in May or September. TWW2 was announced in March for the September window. I'm probably too optimistic with a 2020 release, it's more likely May '21 with a fall DLC. Probably with a preorder of some kind, although of unknown scope. If it's a full race pack, I don't know what it could be that would make sense in both the Vortex campaign as well as the expected area of the third game (the northeast of the Old World).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Make the wood elf campaigns about hunting Beastmen down across the old world; give them a movement stance that doesn't confer diplomatic penalties (besides world roots) and have them interact with the other factions via dilemma choices like what the Empire gets. Since there's not really any sort of real province management they should be able to quickly return to their forest to replenish/recruit before going off on another hunt.

Beastmen I feel like are a less complicated fix, give them a real tech tree with chaos god alignment options and a Nakai-esque faction to hold razed provinces.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Update live :getin:

also don't forget that the flc requires going to a separate steam page and a whole third website to get all of it :downs:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 21, 2020

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

also don't forget that the flc requires going to a separate steam page and a whole third website to get all of it :downs:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

esquilax posted:

I wasn’t around to remember this, but wasn’t the extra work they had to do to get Norsca to work in Mortal Empires extensive enough to count as a rework? At the very least, they added a bunch of beast quest battles that weren’t in the first game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home

Should pop up there I imagine. At least that's where you find the older stuff.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

? Re the third website thing I mean.

Thanks for the heads up on Imrik

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home for spider mount
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1209121/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Imrik/ for imrik

For anyone who got the game recently there's a few FLCs that require you to have a Total War Access account that aren't really well-advertised so you may have missed them

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

nooo i forgot to buy it on sale so i'll have to pay the 60p difference

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Polling coming in from Reddit. Things aren't looking good for the High Elves!

https://www.strawpoll.me/20120380

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
gently caress you might have to do the super long install for both the dlc and the flc lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Can’t wait to preallocate files for 20 minutes to download a 4gb update

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
Did anyone else preorder on Humble Bundle? I did, but it seems like I got two Warden and Paunch codes?

If anyone is interested, here it is. Please reply and let me know if you have any luck!

Taken!
0YMZD-E39BI-M0LF2

alecm fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 21, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home for spider mount
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1209121/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Imrik/ for imrik

For anyone who got the game recently there's a few FLCs that require you to have a Total War Access account that aren't really well-advertised so you may have missed them

I can't get this to work, just get repeated failure messages. thanks CA!

ButtHate
Sep 26, 2007

alecm posted:

Did anyone else preorder on Humble Bundle? I did, but it seems like I got two Warden and Paunch codes?

If anyone is interested, here it is. Please reply and let me know if you have any luck!

0YMZD-E39BI-M0LF2

That did work!
Freaking awesome.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

total warhammer just CANNOT patch itself through steam. it constantly runs into huge issues and its usually faster to reinstall the entire game rather than download a 2gb patch

no idea why. its the only game that does this

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

terrorist ambulance posted:

gently caress you might have to do the super long install for both the dlc and the flc lol

Nah it shouldn't because the FLC and DLC will all be in the patch, you just can't access them without unlocking them in Steam/TWW. One terrible patch wait only.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 21, 2020

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Currently getting the spider mount from the Total War Access page is borked, so don't waste time there for now. Just play the new elf man.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Well, RIP my Malekith campaign one turn outside of Lothern. I wasn't looking forward to cheesing that anyway.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m imagine you can circle back to the TWA mount later and just slot it into your ongoing campaign.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
has anyone watched the SFO update video to figure out if they have a timeline for when they release an update? i cant watch videos right now and apparantly the weird russian insists on only giving out info through there.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Think it said a few weeks.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lmao I selected Grom on the ME lord select screen and the screen froze and then the game crashed

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Insurrectionist posted:

lmao I selected Grom on the ME lord select screen and the screen froze and then the game crashed

Disable yer mods. For me, Sebidee's mods were the issue.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

Disable yer mods. For me, Sebidee's mods were the issue.

It worked on restart so all is good

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
FWIW as the mod owner you can remove the out-of-date flag by simply reuploading the mod and if nothing is specifically causing CTDs at load the game will not register any issues. I suggest turning off all mods that haven't specifically called out updating for the new patch.

Like I can straight up tell you that my tier 4 mod will work as it's all custom assets, and I can reupload it to remove the out-of-date flag on Steam, but that doesn't mean I'll have updated anything for the new factions / settlement stats / etc.

You basically cannot take modders at their word on that stuff; laziness is the much easier way out, especially when your mod is gigantic like the overhauls.

This was something I really didn't like back in the days of Rome 2; they were making big changes to the game but IIRC Darthmod just stuck with his established changes, overwriting any CA updates to systems for a long while because it was so rough at release and he already did the work. Probably a lot less of an issue now then back then though.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Electronico6 posted:

Currently getting the spider mount from the Total War Access page is borked, so don't waste time there for now. Just play the new elf man.

Just worked for me after a few tries.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
On the subject of paid DLC for paid DLC, I guess the retroactively made Grim and the Grave and King and the Warlord into that now?

If someone bought Total Warhammer 2, didn’t buy the first game, and then bought Hunter and the Beast and /or Warren and the Paunch, they still wouldn’t be able to access the entire roster of the Empire or Greenskins during the Vortex campaign, correct? Can you buy Grim and the Grave and Prophet and the Warlock to get access to Flagellants and such in ten Vortex without owning the first game?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mazz posted:

FWIW as the mod owner you can remove the out-of-date flag by simply reuploading the mod and if nothing is specifically causing CTDs at load the game will not register any issues. I suggest turning off all mods that haven't specifically called out updating for the new patch.

Like I can straight up tell you that my tier 4 mod will work as it's all custom assets, and I can reupload it to remove the out-of-date flag on Steam, but that doesn't mean I'll have updated anything for the new factions / settlement stats / etc.

You basically cannot take modders at their word on that stuff; laziness is the much easier way out, especially when your mod is gigantic like the overhauls.

This was something I really didn't like back in the days of Rome 2; they were making big changes to the game but IIRC Darthmod just stuck with his established changes, overwriting any CA updates to systems for a long while because it was so rough at release and he already did the work. Probably a lot less of an issue now then back then though.

This is the main reason I don't mod more and don't even upload most of the mods that I do make. Having to update constantly sucks. Especially when an update rolls around and I'm not even playing TWW2 at the moment and almost certainly have it uninstalled.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Starting off the Grom vortex campaign by razing the Bowmen of Oreon on like turn 4 feels.. real good

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

What is everyone doing on ME grom? I just conquered a bretonnian province and then realized its unfavorable climate, rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the giant river troll bag is real real big