Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What kind of jabroni buys a white jersey??

One home jersey one away gotta match the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I bought a white Jimmy G throwback last season and that thing is loving ruined because every little stain from tailgating shows on it.

My 9-year-old NaVorro Bowman jersey looks newer. I learned my lesson with the white jersey

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

These reports are always a team leak and likely bullshit but there's nothing else going on.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1263494399192899584

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Sounds odd, I feel like if they'd gone to that much there was a landing spot for a mutually acceptable deal

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
it’s ok the cowboys have andy, the most powerful quarterback in the league

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Get it Dak, set that market for Mahomes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I honestly love the Cowboys trying to sandbag Dak as if his price isn't gonna go up. Yeah guys, get him to play under the franchise tag for a year then watch Mahomes reset the market next year, this is a thing that's gonna go great for you

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

These reports are always a team leak and likely bullshit but there's nothing else going on.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1263494399192899584

While I always enjoy a good lol at the cowboys expense, there's no guaranteed money listed so they could just be throwing high figures around and not including much guarantees which would make this utterly worthless.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a contract fitting for Dak though. All fluff no substance

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes in his young career is already 5-0 vs the Broncos therefore by the power invested in me by the history of fan pain I award Mahomes all the money he ever wants.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Mahomes in his young career is already 5-0 vs the Broncos therefore by the power invested in me by the history of fan pain I award Mahomes all the money he ever wants.

You know what, that's fair

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you want another thing to talk about, FootballOutsiders tried to build a "hey, what's a dynasty anyway?" stat going off some old baseball work, and built a point system and tried to figure out where to end them:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/dynasty-rankings-defining-dynasty

It's a cute read at least and you get to the bottom of the list and the ones with 10 qualifying points are like the '03-'07 Seahawks and the '06-'09 Chargers. Top 3 are not surprisingly, the 20 year runs of the Pats, 49ers and Cowboys, then the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 50's Browns and then the uh... Vikings.

Points are:

6 - championship + dominant record
5 - championship
4 - losing a championship + dominant record
3 - losing a championship or dominant record + losing in the divisional round
2 - making the divisional round or dominant record but a wildcard team
1 - making the playoffs or winning 11 games but missing the playoffs

Then a bunch of rules to end or lose points,

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

If you want another thing to talk about, FootballOutsiders tried to build a "hey, what's a dynasty anyway?" stat going off some old baseball work, and built a point system and tried to figure out where to end them:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/dynasty-rankings-defining-dynasty

It's a cute read at least and you get to the bottom of the list and the ones with 10 qualifying points are like the '03-'07 Seahawks and the '06-'09 Chargers. Top 3 are not surprisingly, the 20 year runs of the Pats, 49ers and Cowboys, then the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 50's Browns and then the uh... Vikings.

Points are:

6 - championship + dominant record
5 - championship
4 - losing a championship + dominant record
3 - losing a championship or dominant record + losing in the divisional round
2 - making the divisional round or dominant record but a wildcard team
1 - making the playoffs or winning 11 games but missing the playoffs

Then a bunch of rules to end or lose points,

loving the Canton Bulldogs on there with the second best win rate

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

I honestly love the Cowboys trying to sandbag Dak as if his price isn't gonna go up. Yeah guys, get him to play under the franchise tag for a year then watch Mahomes reset the market next year, this is a thing that's gonna go great for you

His backup is a better QB.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Adults who have learned how to eat their food without wearing it?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Total dynasties (total seasons)

5: Packers (38), Bears (27)
4: Giants (26)
3: Colts (18), Broncos (19), Chiefs (19), Rams (17), Steelers (19)
2: Browns (19), Cowboys (26), Raiders (17), Dolphins (13), Eagles (10), Chargers (10), Seahawks (10), Skins (12)
1: Ravens (5), Bulldogs (3), Yellow Jackets (6), Oilers (3), Vikings (13), Patriots (19), Saints (5), 49ers (18)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

of course

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1263513066907619335

9 parts they say

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Wonder how many shots of TB12 branded snake oil they'll be able to squeeze

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Ehud posted:

I haven't owned a jersey since I was a kid. I got a Marino jersey which my sister's boyfriend stole and took to a pawn shop. I might get a Tua throwback :ohdear:

I hope he got dumped and you got something back? This is an injustice.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Kalli posted:

Knowing nothing about the 70s Vikings, 4 Conference Championships and 0 Super Bowls in 13 years does not strike me as dynastic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GD_American posted:

Adults who have learned how to eat their food without wearing it?

Or Miamians (Miamese?) who haven't learned to snort their coke without wearing it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Eifert Posting posted:

I still consider the ravens the 2nd best team in That playoff field. It's annoying to me that we didn't see ravens versus chiefs.

I mean, we did last year

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm a Bengals fan, I am in a position of knowledge when I say playoff games are Different.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

*Command & Conquor Voice*

~Insufficient Funds~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kalli posted:

They have a proven track record of losing these staredowns. And then when they pay out way more than they needed to, Jerry laughs it off and says "he always wanted _____ to get paid."

google search "how do general mange?"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I would rather stab my eyes out than watch this ESPN Brady doc.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no you wouldn’t. Let’s not be dramatic.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tom Brady may not be lithe enough to suck his own dick, but he’ll go to the ends of the earth for the next best thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Tom Brady may not be lithe enough to suck his own dick, but he’ll go to the ends of the earth for the next best thing

And to sell you a 45 dollar bottle of Trump juice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sono posted:

Knowing nothing about the 70s Vikings, 4 Conference Championships and 0 Super Bowls in 13 years does not strike me as dynastic.

Looking at their scoring it's because the 70s Vikings were consistently playoff contenders (1 point per playoff bracket) for so long and also finished with good records (1 point per season above 0.643) despite not doing much in the playoffs. It's like if the 00s Eagles did it over 15 years instead of 5 but never went to the Super Bowl.

These Vikings also had a very good defense (not accounted for in the scoring).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Another thing this dynasty compilation makes apparent is how badly the NFL needed free agency. The 70s and 80s were utterly dominated by a small group of teams.

Once free agency hit the only dynasty that lasted longer than 8 years is, obviously, the Patriots. Free agency (and, I suspect, profit sharing) did a huge amount to help rotate teams in the NFL.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

google search "how do general mange?"

Christ you just made me imagine Jerry Jones with mange and I feel that you owe me an apology.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/ElijahCone/status/1263542536401911808

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
:golfclap: x100

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dak Prescott is a good quarterback.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Dak Prescott is a good quarterback.

Yeah, and it's gonna be weird to watch the Jags pay him a $200 million five year contract.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1263527652658479108

The catch is that each team will only get two attempts at a 4th-and-15 conversion in a single game, and each team still has the option to onside kick. In any case I like it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Watch them vote it down 31-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Better Than You posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1263527652658479108

The catch is that each team will only get two attempts at a 4th-and-15 conversion in a single game, and each team still has the option to onside kick. In any case I like it.

The odds have got to be better for 4th and 15 since they changed the kickoff rules, right?