Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Reiterating my vote for Quantity Ideas. Greatness depends on what the empire can generate and provide and more of each will ensure Tibet continues even if the most incompetent of rulers sits upon the throne.

The people should be heard, but to hand them the reigns of power would be ill-advised. Letting them all be heard and not just the nobles or the priests or the common rabble, is necessary. But ultimately, the power should remain in the hands of the line that have steered Tibet for centuries, but having the people be present in their satisfaction or in their rage may at least make the King or Queen a more direct awareness of their moods. General Estates

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Diplo helps us burn off AE, and eventually gives us an advisor cost policy, parliament is just so strong it's hard to ever not choose it if you can

I also vote for this.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Xelkelvos posted:

Reiterating my vote for Quantity Ideas

General Estates

I also vote for Quantity Ideas

General Estates

because both of these sound pretty chaotic.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Diplo helps us burn off AE, and eventually gives us an advisor cost policy, parliament is just so strong it's hard to ever not choose it if you can

Same

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Economic Ideas

Aristocratic Court

The Edge of Civilization

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Works for me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

That sounds like a good idea. Aka Boring. Let's pick something interesting for a government though.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Diplomatic Ideas
Parliament

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

And the court wishes to know what rumors there are of the great empires of the new world?

One noble says he has had read an account by a Malian merchant about his travels to the distant west. He says the Malians have established some settlements on the eastern coast of the new world. He also says that there are several smaller groups on the eastern coast, but he does not know that much about them. He also says that the great southern empire known as Tiwantinsuyu is still powerful, with great stone cities built without mortar, many strong and powerful draft animals, and advanced firearms. He also says that a region in the north, Tumpis, is a great center of science and learning.

He says the great empire has several tributary states, although they have had difficulties with conquests and rebellion in the distant south against the "plains kingdoms" - the Mapuche and the Guarani.

He knows nothing of the further north. There have been no expeditions from the heartland of the great conquering Triple Alliance for years. The Malian merchants have not dared venture that far, only to the independent lands of Ayiti.

Chatrapati posted:

Who are the people of the Far South East? What are they like?

There are four polities that are known to us: Atjuntja, Watujaba, Kiyungu, and Aotearoa.

Of these, Watjubaga, led by the hereditary monarch Warragul I, is the greatest and the wealthiest, although they are threatened by the rapid expansion of Kiyungu in the north.

While Atjunta is more isolated, they are also great traders and shipbuilders and had made independent contact with the Majahapit some decades ago.

Aotearoa is not led by a monarch for life, but a leader who is elected after a great meeting every seven years. They are also great seafarers and have expanded to new islands to the west. They have fought several unsuccessful wars against Kiyungu.

Soup du Jour posted:

The Edge of Civilization

The great Sultanate of Vladimir has withered away after decades of internal strife, religious conflict, and famine. Right now, their lands are being pillaged by the Orthodox Khazars in Kyiv under Doux Itakh.

Other notable states in the region are the Sultanate of Ryazan under Kynaz Sviatoslav,

the Rabbinic Khazars in Kazan,

the Turkic Beylik of Pinsk,

and the kingdom of the Andreieviches, in Dnestrova.

The warrior matriarchy of Scandinavia have regained their strength and resumed raids in this area again, and the duchess of Pleskau, Helena Nerking, occupies their more recent conquests.

The Komi and Khanty peoples of Perm have reduced the Mongol sultanate of Sibir to a rump state after successful conquests in 1521 and 1523.

The Croat kingdom of Ungvar has, after decades of warfare, overwhelmed the mercenary republic of the Bulgarians. The last remnants of the Empire of the Greeks, then ruled by the Mongol Borjigin clan, have now been overrun, although it is not yet determined who defeated them.

Also of note is the great Armenian steppe emirate of Derbent, led by Emir Gadar II.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 24, 2020

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
The recent war has shown the necessity of military reform - we should clearly take Quality Ideas to whip our soldiers properly into shape.

As for government, I say the General Estates would be the best way to keep the throne's... excesses... in check without making the legislative process altogether too convoluted.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Speaking as someone from there, I love that Aotearoa is represented :)

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
The Trade Coast and the Far South East beckons. We must Trade with these distant ports and increase our coffers! After all, coins is what fuels soldiers in these heathen days. Also, the monarch excesses must be curtailed. I support the General States!

Sanzh
Mar 6, 2013
Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Aristocratic Ideas

Aristocratic Court

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Religious!

Royal decree!

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

The King's leadership is clearly simply not up to the task of restoring the Empire, certainly not by himself. We shall simply have to shoulder the burden and reorder the kingdom. Then, when time comes, we can be ready to full imperial authority and end this nonsense where Lhasa can simply cease to lead.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Espionage Ideas

States General

Seems chaotic, let's try it!

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Throwing my lot in with

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

I would also like to know more about the Trading Coasts.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
The States General eligibility criteria indicate that the emperor of the STE can’t select that option. Would we permanently disqualify ourselves from the title if go that route?

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Trade Ideas - The world is vast, and the best way for Tibet to confront that vastness is to once again become its center by way of commerce.

General Estates - To coincide with this focus on commerce, we must ensure the productivity of the realm by having its peers, who know their lands well, guide our policies.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 20, 2020

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

punched my v-card at camp posted:

The States General eligibility criteria indicate that the emperor of the STE can’t select that option. Would we permanently disqualify ourselves from the title if go that route?

Disqualify, but not permanently. Government reforms can be changed but with a corruption penalty.

Lynneth posted:

I would also like to know more about the Trading Coasts.

Ethiopia is one of the world's great powers - the loss of Tondainadu and a persistent Funj rebel problem have not seriously constrained their growth or influence. Under the reign of the brilliant Maharaja Bekele IV, claiming to be of the ancient Suryavansha Dynasty, the kingdom has seen a dramatic consolidation of power, extensive profits from the Red Sea ports, mass conversions to various traditions within Hinduism, and colonization as far afield as Mauritius. They may covet the island of Mahé, where the Ismailis in Gujarat have a trading post.

They are not so concerned with the smaller kingdoms to the south, but instead with the expansionism of the Jerusalem Raj, the collapse of the Timurids, and the designs of the great Malian empire, about which Tibet does not know so much.

The Sunni sultanate of Malindi, led by the aging Fumo Luti Kipangi I, has stayed with its allies of the Marehan clan. The old man is a great sailor and inspirational speaker, though his son may be more skilled in intrigue.

The great sultanate of Kilwa has recently completed its conquest of Sofala and Manikya. The hard taskmaster, Sultan Aberohan III, may seek to emulate his grandfather, Sultan Isma'il, who oversaw the sultanate's dramatic expansion to the south.

In Madagascar, as we are told it is called, the Sakalava are more powerful than the Antemoro and Betsimisaraka individually, but not together.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 24, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

This

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Quality

States General

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Diplomacy

Parliament

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Diplomacy

Parliament

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Exploration—Let’s see what’s out there and ruthlessly pillage/plunder/exploit it for the glory of our people!

States General—Let the Great Experiment begin!

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
:siren: The vote will close on Friday at 9 PM EST :siren:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Aristocratic Ideas

Aristocratic Court

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Quality

States General

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Quality

Parliament

What is known about the Taira and Korea?

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Diplomatic Ideas
Parliament

I'd pick exploration, but right now it seems we could use some diplomacy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
DIPLOMATIC IDEAS
ARISTOCRATIC COURT

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

habeasdorkus posted:

DIPLOMATIC IDEAS
ARISTOCRATIC COURT

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Aristocratic Ideas