Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Yeah, I would have to imagine if we get a Beastmen pack, we're getting the Brass Bull for sure. It's too iconic not to have in there, along with the Minotaur lord choice

I hope that if it's wood Elves we get the Prince Oreon, it's a really deep dive compared to some of the other options lore-wise, but his faction is already in game and in an interesting location. Have him go the White Tiger Yan route from 3k and let him sell his services as a mercenary to the other factions. Have him lean less on tree spirits and maybe make him like reverse Avalorn and give him chariots and ballistae and other HE toys to compliment his welf core army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

CA really liked Mandalores review.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

I'm like 40 turns into a new Grimgor campaign and I've already taken out Thorgrim's faction. Then I caught some skaven running around one of my cities and next thing you know I got this:

:shepface:

It is more fun getting it with Kroq-Gar so you can have a stealthy t-rex running around the battlefield.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They said that there would be no more race packs for WH2. It has taken about 6 months for this DLC, though it has a ton of content. If they do one more this year I imagine that they would have some downtime between the last DLC and the next iteration of the game. Also there may be a pre-order bonus again, but I doubt that it would be a race pack.

I meant the race pack as the pre-order. It's not entirely out of the question, because that's what Norsca was IIRC.

My more likely scenario is that there's some oddball lord pack as the pre-order/final WH2 DLC, and that they sneak in a FLC of some kind to address Beastmen/Wood Elves.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So what's the early game orc answer to dwarf armor? Orc archers with the AP scrap upgrade?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm thinking we get one more proper normal DLC and then the next one after that is pre-order bonus

Edit:

Sydin posted:

So what's the early game orc answer to dwarf armor? Orc archers with the AP scrap upgrade?

Nasty Skulkers, Pump Wagons w/ rollers. Aren't basic Trolls t2 now? If so also Trolls.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This update owns

the greenskins own

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Sydin posted:

Traditionally it was getting a flank with nasty skulkers

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Sydin posted:

Pump wagons deal armor piercing no?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cool, I'll throw some Skulkers into my army.

Zzulu posted:

How do you get Pump Wagons? I don't see them as an option on any of the building options.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Night goblin fanatics was always a later counter to armor and no one ever liked pressing that button.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zzulu posted:

Yes, pump wagons deal AP + Anti Infantry so they'll hurt dwarves bad. If you get the rollers it also sunders armor and makes everything else better.

Skulkers are also a pretty good hammer unit in general and can even catch shock cav and hold it in place while your other units pound on it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sydin posted:

Cool, I'll throw some Skulkers into my army.

How do you get Pump Wagons? I don't see them as an option on any of the building options.

They are in the t2 version of the goblin workshop (where you get the artillery units) Basic Pump Wagons are t2, the variants are t3

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm thinking we get one more proper normal DLC and then the next one after that is pre-order bonus

Edit:

Nasty Skulkers, Pump Wagons w/ rollers. Aren't basic Trolls t2 now? If so also Trolls.

I've only played to Karak Zorn with Grom but yeah, with trolls, pump wagons and skulkers dwarfs ain't poo poo now.

roll over stunties choo choo :orks101:

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 21, 2020

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also keep in mind one of the troll scrap upgrades is literally liquoring them up with booze to give them +15 leadership.

Trolls are kind of rad now in general.

Edit: I'm going to work through the Grom campaign first, but I'm really chomping at the bit to give my boy Skarsnik a go this patch. Pump Wagons + Trolls + Squig hoppers without research should really help give him some more bite.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 21, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DeathSandwich posted:

They are in the t2 version of the goblin workshop (where you get the artillery units) Basic Pump Wagons are t2, the variants are t3

Huh that's weird, for me it only shows catapults. Are they a DLC unit? I'm just playing with the free patch stuff right now.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I started as Imrik and took the province near mine and the Dragon Isles. I'm now pinned in by a twenty four settlement Grimgor. The Greentide is real.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are the pump wagons more like chariots where you have to micro them or are they like the doomflayers where they kinda do their own thing once engaged

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm a bit disappointed that the new high elf lords still have the regular vortex campaign

Although if the turn times really are as improved as people are saying then maybe I'll actually be able to finish a mortal empires campaign for once

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are the pump wagons more like chariots where you have to micro them or are they like the doomflayers where they kinda do their own thing once engaged

They're like Doomflayers.

Actually I'm pretty sure they litterally reuse the animations from the Skaven Bell mounts Grey Seers can get.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sydin posted:

Huh that's weird, for me it only shows catapults. Are they a DLC unit? I'm just playing with the free patch stuff right now.

They are. So are skulkers for that matter, from a prior WH1 era DLC.

E: without either I think your best option for early AP is probably trolls.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 21, 2020

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Sydin posted:

Yes, they're a DLC unit.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
They are like doom flayers, where you can use them as chariots for better effect. You don't have to if you don't want as they are still good even left in combat.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Sydin posted:

Yes they are a dlc unit.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ah, there you go. I wanted to try out the new faction mechanics a bit before committing to buying DLC. Might do so down the line.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a good way to re-roll the traits of lords I have in the pool? I saw a kroxigor ancient with Pompous one turn but when I looked again / reloaded the save he was gone.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mr Snips posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that the new high elf lords still have the regular vortex campaign

Although if the turn times really are as improved as people are saying then maybe I'll actually be able to finish a mortal empires campaign for once

Imrik does, but Eltharion's is unique.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Looks like they really did boost some of the lame influence traits. One I don't even remember noticing before is now -10% army upkeep, +1 army recruit rank, +2 hero and lord recruit rank faction wide.

It's going to be hard to beat the one trait that massively buffs missile spam but at least there's options now, and less encouragement for tedious campaign map hero spam.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

+2 hero and lord recruit rank faction wide.

:eyepop:

That sounds amazing, being able to produce even level 16 lords instantly just to get their dragon mount would help so much. I rarely get generic lords up to dragon level.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Grom is a fun campaign. The food merchant wants me to cook her pie, what recipe is that?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The dlc seems to be a bit buggy. I can't recruit trolls anymore even though I have the building ..

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Grom is a fun campaign. The food merchant wants me to cook her pie, what recipe is that?

Quiches.

Apparently there is a fight between certain groups of people if a pie is a quiche or a quiche is a pie.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The dlc seems to be a bit buggy. I can't recruit trolls anymore even though I have the building ..

Did you try restarting the game?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

Quiches.

Apparently there is a fight between certain groups of people if a pie is a quiche or a quiche is a pie.

Thanks!

Also, explosive goblin arrows are HILARIOUS.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Goblin archers with the AP scrap upgrade seem to be amazing? I'm starting to feel sorry for dwarfs, i have so much which can kill them.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
If you are playing as High Elves, note that most of the starting traits have been reworked. Should be some interesting new combinations there.

Also, Imrik is ridicously OP if you can get past the rough start. Currently rocking 900 weapon strength, around 140 armor and melee attack and melee defence both above 100. Combined with super strong buffs. Probably the strongest fighter in the game right now

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Did you try restarting the game?

Yeah, didn't work. Can't build pump wagons anymore either ...

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Yeah, didn't work. Can't build pump wagons anymore either ...
That sucks. Maybe reinstall?

Which province/campaign is it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I got the soft crash when I hit the declare Waaagh button. Shame, I wanted to crush Settra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Eagerly awaiting the inevitable mod that replaces Grom's lines with Gordon Ramsay. :allears: