Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

zer0spunk posted:

I never thought I'd hear the president of the united states say "poz my neg hole"

Never thought I'd hear the president read the John Galt speech on national TV either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

So the reason the split is 60% men 40% women affected by Covid is just that men are pigs, right? Like don't wash hands and pick boogers and stuff

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

I never thought I'd hear the president of the united states say "poz my neg hole"

lmao

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

So the reason the split is 60% men 40% women affected by Covid is just that men are pigs, right? Like don't wash hands and pick boogers and stuff

We are also fat dont go to the doctor and dont take medicine for conditions like HBP.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This forum has taught me that there apparently are several men out there who think wiping your rear end after a poo poo is "gay"­.

You can extrapolate from there and go straight to doomed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

In Canada we're doing 55% women - 45% men in terms of deaths. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

"Huge chud idiot" is underselling it a bit. He's an insanely brutal murderous homophobic despot.

But he has to rule Chechnya, no job for a benign liberal.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

No one knows for sure, but scientists are hypothesizing that men hold the virus in their bodies longer because they have a longer urinary tract than women.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Have we discussed the CDC being incompetent yet? Because, y'know, they are.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/

quote:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests, distorting several important metrics and providing the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic. We’ve learned that the CDC is making, at best, a debilitating mistake: combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. The upshot is that the government’s disease-fighting agency is overstating the country’s ability to test people who are sick with COVID-19. The agency confirmed to The Atlantic on Wednesday that it is mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Wait is there some conspiracy theory that covid patients are being held against their will? I think that's the best one yet. #freeyourhospital

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

But he has to rule Chechnya, no job for a benign liberal.

quote:

"They are afraid that it comes (to them) and they’ll die. Don’t be in a rush, you’ll die anyway. Don’t try to die before your time," he added.

quote:

“People lose sleep because a disease appeared in China: the virus," Kadyrov said during a local government meeting on Saturday, according to RT.com.

Acknowledging that the rapid spread of coronavirus has been the talk of the town, the leader said that other ailments like the ordinary flu also claim thousands of lives every year.

The Chechen leader also asked people not to shun traditional medicine and remedies and stop worrying about something that is beyond their control.

“Mix lemon with honey and water and drink – then the virus won’t get you. Eat your garlic,” he said.

-Ramzan Kadyrov 3/14/20

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Warm, beautiful sunny weather is here, now begins the real test for my fellow Quebecers I guess.

I'm reassured by the fact that a gigantic proportion refused to subscribe their kids to go back to schools when they opened up in the province (outside of Montreal) and the people without masks are getting harder and harder to find.

Just went to get some liquor (for... work-related purposes?) and the park on my way was completely empty. Which is odd as I've seen a lot of people there when the weather was still lovely...

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I've heard that fabric is in short supply, but cutting a chunk of upholstery off of the chair behind him to use as a mask seems a bit extreme.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

There is zero chance that it’s not pro trump people trying to increase numbers because higher numbers good

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Ill take 5

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

rotinaj posted:

There is zero chance that it’s not pro trump people trying to increase numbers because higher numbers good

Self infect to prove trump right that its just a really bad flu. Prove your love to dear leader with bigger number.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

By including the antibody test results with the virus test results you both increase the total number of tests and decrease the positive test percentage. Both of which, coincidentally, make the situation appear better than it really is.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

mds2 posted:

Ill take 5

weird request, but sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Huh quote is not edit

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

dee eight posted:

i've done it

i've committed to not going back to work ever again

i feel...

lighter

It just gets better and better. I got an email just moments ago that extends my work furlough (and UI bennies!) right up to the day I bail! :woop:

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of employment
and danced the leisure on UI silvered wings
AARPward I have climbed and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split geezers and ignored a hundred emails
you have not answered...

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Congrats! Time to book a cruise! For 2022.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Xaintrailles posted:

Congrats! Time to book a cruise! For 2022.

i'd book a weed cruise mabye :2bong:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

dee eight posted:

i've done it

i've committed to not going back to work ever again

i feel...

lighter

My work's office lease is up in July and they aren't renewing it because of what's going on and said we're probably remote for the rest of the year so I guess I at least have a good chance to avoid the death plague for the moment anyways.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Here lies Trump
He never curved.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm positive that the continued results for our country will be negative.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
we are born in america inundated with the entertainments of the screen. we learn that our emotions and drives are less interesting to us as an element of our humanity but rather as tools to decipher the entertainments. a dull flat mindlessness, devoid of ambition, sold ideas of chemical imbalances by industries that convinced you happiness is in a pill. only the half hearted incompetence of mimicry could exist in such a nation.

if anything, we need more karens to shine the light.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mozi posted:

By including the antibody test results with the virus test results you both increase the total number of tests and decrease the positive test percentage. Both of which, coincidentally, make the situation appear better than it really is.

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to say

Trump put pro trump people in charge of everything, they ordered that the underlings do stuff to make the situation look better, hence why stuff like the Georgia department of public health graph happened

Trump must have put some people in at the CDC who are trying to make things look better than they actually are

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some_admin posted:

Covidiots down the street let their kids set up a lemonade stand, mobile covidiots stopping for said lemonade. Really nice they are doing this until they leave again for mountains in their travel trailer for the third time since pandemic started. We are doomed.

That’s safer than picking up takeout.

Both are irresponsible.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
So request. There was an artist I think posted in this thread but I can't find it. Anyway there were paintings of giant covid and murder hornet monsters. Also one of a giant michael jackson head in a forest. Anybody have the link? Looking for the giant Michael Jackson head tbh.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

MisterFister posted:

So request. There was an artist I think posted in this thread but I can't find it. Anyway there were paintings of giant covid and murder hornet monsters. Also one of a giant michael jackson head in a forest. Anybody have the link? Looking for the giant Michael Jackson head tbh.

https://twitter.com/beeple/status/1259666332422934534?s=20

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Ok so it wasnt just a whiskey induced fever dream. Thanks!

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8344153/One-cent-population-thinness-gene-eat-want.html

That's one way to kickstart the restaurant industry.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

There's this one person at work who, on multiple occasions, post-COVID, I've caught bolting FROM THE STALL STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR.

THE STALL.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

zer0spunk posted:

-Ramzan Kadyrov 3/14/20
Lemon and honey with hot water or tea is natural Slav medicine to cure any ailment, unsurprising he recommended this. If you forget your garlic the medicine will not work.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Virginia Beach is gonna reopen the oceanfront at 50% capacity and under required social distancing.
AKA everyone on the beach and their families are hosed.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

The Daily Mail reporting on a scientific study. I'm sure this will be responsible journalism!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Achtane posted:

Virginia Beach is gonna reopen the oceanfront at 50% capacity and under required social distancing.
AKA everyone on the beach and their families are hosed.

It’s loving incredible how beaches shut down for sharks, but the loving plague? Surf’s up!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Just saw this great signage from our local CDC. It's missing the ring, but otherwise :discourse:

Available in English, Simplfied Chinese, Punjabi, Farsi and French.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-professionals/clinical-resources/covid-19-care/signage-posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindstorm
Jan 28, 2011

Smellrose
One of my coworkers told me (as a high-risk person for covid-19 complications) that I could protect myself by using onions. They referred to their post on facebook that was related to the spanish (kentucky?) flu of 1918 which was just anecdotal nonsense about leaving out cut-up onions to absorb viruses. This nonsense keeps popping up every time something virus-ish comes out. This is an educated person who is a design professional, and they believe in peasant medicine.

America is in a shitload of trouble. Jesus christ, I can't imagine going back to an office with people like this in it. I really hope a vaccine is forthcoming and I can, somehow, isolate myself from folks who believe in magical bullshit.