Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Choyi posted:

If you where hyped to play Greenskins with a friend, then yeah it pretty much kills that interest completely, I guess its not as bad as CTD VCoast bugg as you can still play single player, and true doesn't effect those who never play CoOp.

And if its indeed a deliberate design choice then I'm baffled at CA, waiting 40 turns minimum between using the new hyped up main mechanic for the faction is beyond moronic.

Sadly can't get refund either since it took 4+ hours of play until we discovered this fact too.

Out of curiosity, can one person do a quick Waaagh (like you blitz over a faction and raze its capital) and then have the other person do another one against another faction? Maybe by the time that ones over you can just keep chaining them with razes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Anno posted:

Out of curiosity, can one person do a quick Waaagh (like you blitz over a faction and raze its capital) and then have the other person do another one against another faction? Maybe by the time that ones over you can just keep chaining them with razes.

Nope, we tried that just to see. Have to wait the full 20 turns, we gave up at this point so not sure it will even work after the 20 turns is up either, knowing CA I'm having doubts.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It seems like simultaneous waaaghs would be a steamroll and this isn't a big deal since the idea of co-op is working together

Also I don't think they add tooltips for bugs

that's because it's a bugg

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

boy i love having 3 half stack skaven armies just running around my territory in march stance, never engaging anything and constantly staying just outside of attack range of any armies, it's a really good and fun behavior that results in a fun and good game experience

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Has being able to go into raidin' camp stance at 0% movement always been an orc thing?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

boy i love having 3 half stack skaven armies just running around my territory in march stance, never engaging anything and constantly staying just outside of attack range of any armies, it's a really good and fun behavior that results in a fun and good game experience

Yeah march stance nerf/home territory movement range buff mods make the game a lot less tedious. Crazy they haven't changed this in the base game yet.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Choyi posted:

Nope, we tried that just to see. Have to wait the full 20 turns, we gave up at this point so not sure it will even work after the 20 turns is up either, knowing CA I'm having doubts.

Bummer. Sorry dude, I hope they change their mind if it's not some sort of weird tech limitation.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

I used to suck so loving hard at this game that I eventually got tired of losing battles and started trying harder to improve at positioning and unit management. It's good to get results like this now on VH/N.

If you gave me this exact same battle a month ago I would have lost it 10 out of 10 times, so it's nice to feel like I improved :orks101:

Nothing to contribute other than saying that's awesome man, it's such a good feeling when you put work into something and get tangible results. Keep at it!

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Tirranek posted:

Has being able to go into raidin' camp stance at 0% movement always been an orc thing?

That was just changed with this patch, any faction that has a Raiding Camp type stance can enter it with 0 movement. It's kind of a crazy big buff since you just never stop replenishing

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I pre-ordered this DLC entirely because of the troll hag. Since I have to wait for the linux update, seeing these kind of results makes me happy, even if it might be nerfed by the time I get it, like the OG jezzails.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Anno posted:

Bummer. Sorry dude, I hope they change their mind if it's not some sort of weird tech limitation.

You can be ally with an AI and double Waagh someone if you so wish, so that would be very weird. Imagine if whenever an AI faction had Waagh running, you couldn't pop yours until it was over.

Usually CoOp gets a very short end of the deal, so wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't playtested much if at all.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

So how is Eltharion supposed to get a foothold in the Southlands if Desert climate is completely unsuitable? Eradicating Greenskins requires some infrastructure

Xan
Feb 7, 2005
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I pre-ordered this DLC entirely because of the troll hag. Since I have to wait for the linux update, seeing these kind of results makes me happy, even if it might be nerfed by the time I get it, like the OG jezzails.

Unless you prefer the native Linux version, you can force the game to use proton instead. Then you're playing the same version as Windows. Works quite well for me on proton v5.6.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I probably would have paid 10 bucks for the ally AI stack option alone

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
My waaagh army got a chance to intercept an army without me.

It is just another army on the same tile.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My beautiful goblin boys standing toe to toe with demigryph's and greatswords as rockets sail overhead and the walls of Altdorf fall.. all this time they only needed someone to believe in, someone to believe in them.

Well, that and some troll meat and hell pepper mushroom sausage.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

Goblin archers with the AP scrap upgrade seem to be amazing? I'm starting to feel sorry for dwarfs, i have so much which can kill them.

Are they that good? I skipped em but may stick some in my armies now.

Gotta say my only complain is that everyone hates me as Grimgor while formerly you would get people liking you for fighting their foes. Cant get an in with the Vamps, so Empire is at 53 settlements.

Oddly the Tomb Kings like me though.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Tomb kings get very little in the way of natural aversion for most races. Additionally, like you more as you climb the power rankings because they respect strength, as oppose to every other faction that likes you less for the same thing. Since the player will almost certainly be in the top 5 relatively quickly, Tomb kings are almost always easy to befriend.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Azhag's start is still very rough without the DLC. There's no early armor-piercing unit other than trolls, which are still not especially effective damage dealers. Replenishment is still a major problem if you don't have the new DLC hero, and none of the lord types get any replenishment in their trees. You're still stuck fighting dwarves with worse troops, worse economy, and no way to bounce back from a setback.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
grom's campaign has become just keeping the gobbo regen/frenzy ingredients on and effortlessly destroying everything with basic punk rear end gobbos

the hardest parts are when the ai tries to ninja the garrisons of black orcs and etc.

it's a surreal skaven-foil experience

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Azhag's start is still very rough without the DLC. There's no early armor-piercing unit other than trolls, which are still not especially effective damage dealers. Replenishment is still a major problem if you don't have the new DLC hero, and none of the lord types get any replenishment in their trees. You're still stuck fighting dwarves with worse troops, worse economy, and no way to bounce back from a setback.

I assume you don't have the first DLC either then? Big 'uns do decent armor piercing damage even though the game doesn't call it out. I don't remember if squigs are a dlc unit but they're also great versus dwarfs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

yikes! posted:

I assume you don't have the first DLC either then? Big 'uns do decent armor piercing damage even though the game doesn't call it out. I don't remember if squigs are a dlc unit but they're also great versus dwarfs.

I don't have the TWW1 DLC, no. Big Uns are in basically the same spot as trolls; they're not very cost-efficient (and they inexplicably take two turns to recruit!) and your economy is a basketcase.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Doesn't azhag have a gold mine? I figured he'd be up there with grimgor economy-wise

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, pretty sure I found an error with the unique dragons. Namely, the red skill "Heart of the Flames" (the relevant one involving Rank 7 units) is not being applied to them. Given Imrik's unique skill options, the tech tree techs and the baseline red skill that involve dragons all apply to them, it seems pretty safe to say someone missed a pointer in the code for that skill.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

yikes! posted:

Doesn't azhag have a gold mine? I figured he'd be up there with grimgor economy-wise

Unless you're playing on normal, you've got just enough for two full stacks without taking Karak Ungaz Kadim. And you need two stacks to beat any dwarf army in the field outside a waagh.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 22, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, basically all the Orcs low tier armor piercing stuff is locked in their DLCs (Nasty Skulkers, most of their RoRs, Pump Wagons, the new Trolls, etc).

If you build up to a Waaagh, you should be able to steamroll anyone while its active though. And once its over you can usually grab some good units or monsters.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Zore posted:

If you build up to a Waaagh, you should be able to steamroll anyone while its active though. And once its over you can usually grab some good units or monsters.

Not really? Like a fully charged waaaagh stack is about a match for a standard dwarf stack, with what you can afford on 2-3 provinces. (And you can easily be at war with K-A-K before you even finish Karak Kadim.) And you're going to be at war with K-A-K by turn 40ish, regardless of where you push.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Been trying out Imrik's VH ME campaign, and Clan Eshin was an enormous pain in the rear end. Imrik's starting province is pretty poor, especially with how expensive dragons and princes are. So I have one badass stack, and Eshin comes in with about 4 stacks. Entirely comprised of Skaven Slaves. Cue over 50 turns of playing whack-a-mole taking and re-taking settlements and chasing down skaven stacks that can underway across a mountain range. All my characters and units are leveling up super fast from getting 300+ kills each every battle, but drat was that a slog. Finally killed Eshin, just have some nice relaxing dark elves to fight now

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Clicking the Waagh button has started to cause my game to crash now. Anyone else know what causes that? It's later in the campaign, it wasn't crashing until now. Not using any mods.

edit: zooming the map way out, clicking waagh, and then zooming back in seemed to cause it not to crash. I don't fuckin know

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 22, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Clicking the Waagh button has started to cause my game to crash now. Anyone else know what causes that? It's later in the campaign, it wasn't crashing until now. Not using any mods.

I got a crash once as Grom yeah, out of the 3 times I hit the button. Bringing the game back up and trying again fixed it for me at least?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Xan posted:

Unless you prefer the native Linux version, you can force the game to use proton instead. Then you're playing the same version as Windows. Works quite well for me on proton v5.6.
You know, I might as well give the windows install a shot. I reinstall for major updates anyway. Only thing I wonder about is save compatibility, but I can just back it all up.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Wurzag can cast foot of gork for 6 mana on like a 15 second cool down. He might be the best caster in the game. Ere we go + waaagh puts your goblins at 100 attack

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If you want to get armor piercing without the wh1 dlc greenskins, your best bet is orc arrer boys and trolls

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Just bringing more boyz always seemed to do the trick for me with Greenskins, long before the update. You don't have to do anthing fancy with it.

Also, don't be afraid of running a big deficit. Just keep moving and sacking and raiding. With the new Waaagh! mechanics playing it this way should be even more feasible.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 22, 2020

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Not really? Like a fully charged waaaagh stack is about a match for a standard dwarf stack, with what you can afford on 2-3 provinces. (And you can easily be at war with K-A-K before you even finish Karak Kadim.) And you're going to be at war with K-A-K by turn 40ish, regardless of where you push.

I think you're overstating the case. Also wyverns wreck dwarfs

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
On an Eltharion Vortex run, spent the first 60 turns just loving around fighting pirates, razing Norscans, attacking high elves who attack my neighbours and using influence to make Lothern/Etaine and Averlorn go to war. The Norscan buff giving mistwalkers the berserk ability is hilarious. Rampaging high elf front line.

Anyway my point is I’ve completely ignored what Grom’s been up to for 60 turns, just checked and he’s strength rank 1 with 21 settlements hahaha. Wondering if the AI will launch its own early invasion of ulthuan.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

this azhag campaign might be the most fun I've had since WH1 first launched. I'm best buds with Manfred and together we've tag-teamed Kislev and turned the Empire into wasteland. Dwarfs are extinct and Brettonia is undead skaven hell. Ratmen creep beneath the blasted boughs of Athel Loren. I don't have vision on Ulthuan, but it doesn't matter. No ordertide this time you pointy eared fucks

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I started playing Imrik instead of krakenman and he's loving insane once you beat a few dragons. So much fun if a little easy.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Just finished a stream of some co-op with my friend Coolguye, he was Grimgor and I played as Imrik. He's having the time of his life not having to engage in sensible diplomacy with anyone and just smashing them in the jaw (he trailed Wurrzag for two turns for just the right moment to pop his jaw) and for whatever reason on my end Deathmaster Snitkch got his rear end beat by gobbos and I scooped up the rewards from him being drastically weakened. Our goals are to consolidate our areas and then combine our might to smash Karaz-a-Karak with Grimor and Imrik, and after that we might just pour into the Old World and ready ourselves for Archaon. Loads of fun battles including one WAAAGH stack on a goblin warboss that had FOUR Lava Arachnarok spiders in it.

It was disgusting and we loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I think imriks campaign is actually great. Starting with a Sun dragon is incredible and it's fun to be able to micro him in early battles. Also imrik on horse is an anti-large fiend