Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lord Lambeth posted:

The rap game is a lot of fun too, even if I suck at rhyming

Oh yeah that one is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why doesn't Shantae & The Seven Sirens have a Steam page yet? It releases in a week!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Party Boat posted:

A warning about Tee KO: it is an expensive game because it will present you with unwise purchasing decisions when you're three sheets to the wind.

For example I'm now the proud owner of this:

?????

Everybody loves bin chickens

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why doesn't Shantae & The Seven Sirens have a Steam page yet? It releases in a week!
dunno, but I wasn't really feeling it when I played it on Apple Arcade. the whole thing felt like if some other developer had taken over

also Virt no longer does the music and it's more generic bleep bloop tunes now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The 7th Guest posted:

dunno, but I wasn't really feeling it when I played it on Apple Arcade. the whole thing felt like if some other developer had taken over

also Virt no longer does the music and it's more generic bleep bloop tunes now

Wayforward still work with him but he was busy for Seven Sirens

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wayforward still work with him but he was busy for Seven Sirens
I guess he was busy for the dinosaur contra game they did as well, because that also had different music

I'm kinda surprised Spidersaurs isn't on Steam yet actually, it's not a bad game and it's by the contra 4 team.. also it's not really a fit for a touchscreen device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJDs6q3utZo

hopefully Virt gets back on for their next big project

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Jackbox Rap Game is great for finding out about words you've always pronounced wrong.

Tangentially related to sidescroller chat, today I gave another try to that Follow Developers You Know feature I talked a while back and found out about Dragon Marked For Death, from IntiCreates that was released last month and which I had never heard of before? I even thought it might've been some budget shovelware but it has a very positive rating, most of the complaints seem to be that the coop is pretty dead. Looks pretty much like a Megaman ZX except in a beat'em up style, in a Dragon's Crown fashion.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Party Boat posted:

A warning about Tee KO: it is an expensive game because it will present you with unwise purchasing decisions when you're three sheets to the wind.

?????

Whoever thought of adding that was a genius and I hope they got all the bonuses.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hollow Knight's mapping system, like the game itself, is perfect. To quote the mapping NPC, "There is a joy in getting lost and finding your way again. We are exquisitely lucky, you and I."

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The 7th Guest posted:

I guess he was busy for the dinosaur contra game they did as well, because that also had different music

I'm kinda surprised Spidersaurs isn't on Steam yet actually, it's not a bad game and it's by the contra 4 team.. also it's not really a fit for a touchscreen device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJDs6q3utZo

hopefully Virt gets back on for their next big project

Contra 4 is like one of the most underrated games ever.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Hollow Knight's mapping system, like the game itself, is perfect. To quote the mapping NPC, "There is a joy in getting lost and finding your way again. We are exquisitely lucky, you and I."

The average person does not like feeling lost.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The last like five pages of this thread have been multiple arguments of "Well I liked this thing so you're wrong."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Welcome to the Steam thread?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Orv posted:

The last like five pages of this thread have been multiple arguments of "Well I liked this thing so you're wrong."

with the occasional "It's bad on purpose"

edit:

Internet Explorer posted:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Samuringa posted:

with the occasional "It's bad on purpose"
The best variation on that "it's THEMATICALLY IMPORTANT that this mechanic sucks".

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Zedd posted:

I know this is the steam thread but it's also P much the PC gaming thread in general so...

The last week or 2 every time I exit a game that uses uPlay it fucks up my windows/program sizes and location. This is the mess I encountered after Closing Anno 1800, but AC: Syndicate does it as well.

Any ideas how to prevent it, or how can I save what I'd like the layout/size/positions to be in windows and restore that?

I think DisplayFusion lets you save icon and window positions to restore them, amongst a ton of other things more suited to multi-monitor set-ups. However, while it can be bought on Steam, I think it goes on sale more on their own website.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Believe me I am regrettably aware.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Orv posted:

alternatively, "i didn't like this thing, so you're wrong"

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Orv posted:

Always preferable to "I hated this thing, so you're wrong for liking it."

Edit: Christ I should read all the posts

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Well I'm gonna say I sorta didn't like Hollow Knight but I'm wrong.

I can't play any sidescrollers anymore and I'm not sure why. They give me gaming ennui. I've bought Shovel Knight, Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, Celeste, etc and recognize they are good games but I load them up and just feel listless and never in a mood to continue playing them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

I can't play any sidescrollers anymore and I'm not sure why. They give me gaming ennui. I've bought Shovel Knight, Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, Celeste, etc and recognize they are good games but I load them up and just feel listless and never in a mood to continue playing them.

That's fine, I also mostly don't like sidescrolling games but that's on me not necessarily because they're all bad.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m doing a contest with a game most of you likely already own: Dungeons of Dredmor. Giving out two prizes, and you can win both:

A)Post your best Dungeons of Dredmor score this week (this is going to involve the honor system l)
and
B)Give the funniest backstory for their character class choices (this will be super subjective)

Both will get their games 5/29.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If you don't like a combative thread it's probably because you suck at arguing, and just have bad taste in general

Orv
May 4, 2011

Krazyface posted:

If you don't like a combative thread it's probably because you suck at arguing, and just have bad taste in general

That's a take for sure.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

FuzzySlippers posted:

I feel the same way about rogue likes and I really have to stop buying them. :smith:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

FuzzySlippers posted:

Me too man. Me too.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Another spring cleaning event.

Another time I download Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Party Boat posted:

?????

I see Trashbird is spreading his wings.

Space Haven seems like a match made in Heaven for me. Although it's in Early Access, people are saying it's already a pretty solid experience all around. I might crack eventually and just give it a spin soon.

I've also gotten into EVE Online now that I can actually move the spreadsheets away from the main monitor. The game got a bad rep for this, but on the other hand if you are on a multi-monitor setup, you owe it to yourself to at least fire the game up and fly around for a bit. On a single screen, the game looks quite good, but when you pass by a planet and its massive size bleeds across the monitors, there's something majestic about the sight. It makes me want to add a third monitor to the setup.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Mierenneuker posted:

...Jesus christ, Steam is so bad at this I literally did not know a sale/event was on until I saw this post, and I've been loving around on the PC all day.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The average person does not like feeling lost.

I'm pretty sure Hollow Knight is designed for people who do though.

Also being lost in a video game and being lost in reality are two very different feelings.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, Tales of Berseria is a group of broken people teaming up to kick the existing power structure in the teeth both for revenge and general principle.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

END ME SCOOB posted:

...Jesus christ, Steam is so bad at this I literally did not know a sale/event was on until I saw this post, and I've been loving around on the PC all day.
it's not a sale. only 12 of my 150 games on my wishlist are discounted, and some of them were already week-long deals

i mean now that developers know an event is going on, they might discount their games, but that hasn't happened yet

the actual next sale is at the end of June

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Ryse Son of Rome

This is not a good game. Holy poo poo this was a $60 launch title for the xbone AND hyped up with the Kinect feature? Someone could've spend nearly $700 and this game would've been their introduction to the console?

I didn't think you could make a truly bad Batman Arkham style combat but this game proved it could be done. Some of the worst garbage tier boss fights imaginable while you walk in a straight line killing the same 3-4 enemies over and over again, and because I guess they wanted to make people use all the KINECT moves after 2 solid hits the enemies suddenly become dodge experts and will duck and weave literally every attack until you hit them with a stun or weapon block. At best, there's enough variety to the execution animations that it's not completely dull and boring by the end.

The story is there, it barely makes sense, it's ripping off pretty much any big budget Roman action adventure, and it just bounces from place to place at certain points dropping random things into the scene like a painted naked woman who's an oracle just there you tell you a mystery.

At least it looks good. If they allocated the $60 in terms of game development then probably close to $50 went into making it look like a blockbuster AAA title and the $10 was the game they through together to fill in the gaps between pre-rendered cut-scenes.

Oh and I guess they expected the multiplayer to be a thing, along with a bunch of in game currency you could buy if you were desperate to level up your character super quick rather then play the game normally. Can't imagine anyone was trying to matchmake kinect gladiator battles longer then a year after the game out.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

pentyne posted:

Ryse Son of Rome

This is not a good game.

Yes. Its even worse as Crysis 3. Pretty much Cryteks low point.
They made a surprisingly good recovery with Hunt Showdown

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Ryse is a visual showpiece.

...That's pretty much it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I had a dream about dragon's dogma for the second day in a row alright alright I'm reinstalling it, sheesh.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

I had a dream about dragon's dogma for the second day in a row alright alright I'm reinstalling it, sheesh.

Was it about the wolves and how they hunt in packs?

Orv
May 4, 2011
My kind ill likes sleep.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

Welcome to being old and/or depressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mierenneuker posted:

Had the same choices. Just used SAM for them.