Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

widefault posted:

Since my last purchase, sold two guitars, a neck, and an amp. Bought this

Epiphone Coronet reissue from around 1997. Not at all like an actual Coronet from any year. Those were all single pickup, Epiphone New York in 1958/9, then switched to P90s for the rest of their run. This has a single in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. Both OBL(Original Bill Lawrence) with the bridge being split-able with a push-pull tone pot. And it's purple, the superior choice over the black, red, and blue versions.

Now I need to get an actual Coronet, a Crestwood, and a two pickup Olympic to complete the set! Too bad those are all going to be actual vintage guitars and there ain't much left to sell to get those.
I love the look of those. I had a guitar teacher who had a Wilshire from the 60's that he'd bring out occasionally, and it was the lightest guitar I've ever picked up. Just super comfortable and fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Ortazel posted:

:hellyeah: CPs are so underrated compared to Rhodes/Wurlitzers. I don't have room for one and even if I did, they come up for sale so rarely. Have you had to tune it yet? I've heard they can be tough to tune given the shorter scale/higher tension.

I got it from a backline/lighting/sound company that had it tuned up pretty well. I really don't gently caress with maintenance any more than I can help, but general consensus is that I'll have to get my hands just a lil bit dirty with this. I am not planning to move it anytime soon, though.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

The Leck posted:

I love the look of those. I had a guitar teacher who had a Wilshire from the 60's that he'd bring out occasionally, and it was the lightest guitar I've ever picked up. Just super comfortable and fun to play.

My red one is just a hair over 5lbs, and the sunburst and green are both under 6lbs. The purple is on the heavy side at over 7lbs. They're also really thin, 1-5/8" on the purple and 1-3/8" on the others. It's a toss-up whether these or an SG is more comfortable to me.

And body-shape-wise, it's a double cut Telecaster with a shortened bottom horn. It's really apparent on the 1959 originals.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

epiphonechat is my poo poo you guys.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Very RacerX!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

got this a couple of days ago because i wanted a drive pedal with a little less emphasis on mids; seems to do that pretty good

i hated how the faux metallic plastic knobs on it looked so i swapped some cupcake knobs on there for that booteek look

e: imgur's embeds are fucky on mobile very cool

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 15, 2020

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I have a sweet Ibanez upstairs that I never play anymore, been busy and kind of lost the passion for guitar. Then last week somebody in my neighborhood sold me this Monoprice Strat (and little amp) for $100 and this thing loving quacks like a duck. Plays beautifully, sounds great,

So I've been screwing around with it for the past week or so, newly inspired to play by a cheap but awesome guitar. Yesterday, I went to Austin to get this:

Upgraded with an Emerson wiring kit and Suhr Thornbuckers fore and aft. Sounds amazing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

For a second I was like, "drat the QC on those mini guitar kits sucks."

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
It's been a week, so it's time for more guitars because I sold off more stuff!

First one I knew was coming,

Guild S-100 Copy, made during Fender's ownership. Originally they sold them as DeArmonds, which were a Korean-made affordable brand, but they sold poorly, and were discontinued. So what do you you when you have a bunch of parts left? Yep, slap the Squier label on and hope that will sell them. It did not. This one has a set neck, there are bolt neck versions as well. Duncan Design pickups, though I think I've seen some with covered pickups, too.

Second one I was not looking for but checked Facebook marketplace and found this for way too good of a deal to pass up.

Epiphone Lee Malia RD Artisan, with bag, all the paperwork, and another bag full of cables, a One Spot, and a couple of cheap pedals.Always wanted an RD and love the Artisan Gibsons, so it was a no brainer for $400.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Those are both great finds! That SG looks to be a keeper. It's so unique.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That's a Squier S73. There was a Squier S-65 that was the bolt-on version, I think? The S-65 had the strap button on the top horn. :coal:

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
This one has it on the back of the upper horn, same place the bolt-on ones have from the pics I can find. There was a also a 7-string DeArmond, don't know if they made any of those under the Squier label.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I love that Squier SG. Gibson/Epiphone have done a handful of budget knockoff Strats, but you hardly ever see the opposite.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Upgraded with an Emerson wiring kit and Suhr Thornbuckers fore and aft. Sounds amazing.

That’s beautiful. Is it a stained maple cap or a refinish or a different wood or what? Doesn’t look like a common Gibson finish.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Lawen posted:

That’s beautiful. Is it a stained maple cap or a refinish or a different wood or what? Doesn’t look like a common Gibson finish.

It's a Studio "Faded." In recent years you could get a matte finish in brown like this, red, blue, or black, depending on the year. The blue is gorgeous, but I think they only made that for a year or two so it's less common. I believe it's a full thickness maple cap, but I haven't taken it apart yet to play around.

https://reverb.com/ca/item/6585402-gibson-les-paul-studio-faded-2012-blue-w-roller-bridge-and-gibson-gigbag

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It has taken me years to find a playing and writing and recording all in one setup I actually vibe with. I finally loving did it. The only plugins I use (I’ll use more deeper into the mastering process and whatnot) are delays and reverbs. I almost went for something like a TASCAM DP-32SD but I realized I needed to play around for a bit and find the exact point I wanted to allow computers to meet my hardware. I have these + my synths (drumbrute impact, microbrute, volca drum) going straight in to Logic. No virtual instruments, very little latency to worry about, tons of knobs for the bulk of my tone tweaking, minimal time spent adjusting things on the computer. It’s honestly just about as good as it gets for me outside of having some sort of huge vintage studio.

2020 is chaos but I’d let to think I finally caught the big wave on this one and surfed it all the way down to shred city population 1 babbbyyyyyyyyyy

e: the new new gear is the load box btw

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 27, 2020

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Kilometers Davis posted:

It has taken me years to find a playing and writing and recording all in one setup I actually vibe with. I finally loving did it. The only plugins I use (I’ll use more deeper into the mastering process and whatnot) are delays and reverbs. I almost went for something like a TASCAM DP-32SD but I realized I needed to play around for a bit and find the exact point I wanted to allow computers to meet my hardware. I have these + my synths (drumbrute impact, microbrute, volca drum) going straight in to Logic. No virtual instruments, very little latency to worry about, tons of knobs for the bulk of my tone tweaking, minimal time spent adjusting things on the computer. It’s honestly just about as good as it gets for me outside of having some sort of huge vintage studio.

2020 is chaos but I’d let to think I finally caught the big wave on this one and surfed it all the way down to shred city population 1 babbbyyyyyyyyyy

e: the new new gear is the load box btw

Hell yes. I bought the non-IR version of the Suhr Reactive Load a while back and it is so, so awesome.

For those wondering what this hell it is, it's a load box that allows you to plug your tube amp's speaker out jack straight into it and it will SAFELY give you a line level version of your raw guitar amp, up to a 100 watt tube amp on 10, after which you can apply speaker IRs. The cool thing about this one though is that it's a reactive load, not a resistive load. A resistive load will allow you to plug your amp in and play it silently also, but the interactivity is all wrong. Basically it's flat and lifeless. A reactive load actually mimics the impedance of a real speaker cab so your amp behaves as if it's plugged into a real speaker cabinet.

A good reactive load plus some good IRs is one of the most significant milestones in guitar recording tech in the past 30 years.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 27, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

For those wondering what this hell it is, it's a load box that allows you to plug your tube amp's speaker out jack straight into it and it will SAFELY give you a line level version of your raw guitar amp, up to a 100 watt tube amp on 10

unless the box is actually rated around 3-400w rms you probably don't want to run a 100w amp through that fully cranked with it set as a dummy load

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party

The Muppets On PCP posted:

unless the box is actually rated around 3-400w rms you probably don't want to run a 100w amp through that fully cranked with it set as a dummy load
if you have to turn your amp up to 10 through a reactive load, you're doing something wrong. if you're playing stoner metal or classic rock you need the speaker and feedback, if you're playing other metal you probably want more preamp distortion anyway

also the Suhr box rules, I've had one for a few years now and it is fantastic.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

The guy who built it has said he's tested it with Plexis cranked to 10 for extended periods and it was fine. Plexis are rated at 100 watts but can max out anywhere from 150 to 200 actual watts.

It's pretty over-engineered for its rating. Also it's made by Suhr. Everything they make is excellent.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GreatGreen posted:

Hell yes. I bought the non-IR version of the Suhr Reactive Load a while back and it is so, so awesome.

For those wondering what this hell it is, it's a load box that allows you to plug your tube amp's speaker out jack straight into it and it will SAFELY give you a line level version of your raw guitar amp, up to a 100 watt tube amp on 10, after which you can apply speaker IRs. The cool thing about this one though is that it's a reactive load, not a resistive load. A resistive load will allow you to plug your amp in and play it silently also, but the interactivity is all wrong. Basically it's flat and lifeless. A reactive load actually mimics the impedance of a real speaker cab so your amp behaves as if it's plugged into a real speaker cabinet.

A good reactive load plus some good IRs is one of the most significant milestones in guitar recording tech in the past 30 years.

Realizing that I had actually been wanting a reactive load specifically is something I really wish I would’ve learned years ago! It’s so good. I can’t even believe how good this thing sounds and almost more importantly feels with my amp. Definitely the coolest piece of high end guitar tech I’ve ever come across.

It was a bit of a risk at $600 but I pretty much had the mindset of accepting that I’m never happy with anything that isn’t an amp + cab. I needed to record easily and jam with headphones so why not throw down the $$$ for something that will leave me with zero “yeah but what if I had paid for x” feelings. Sure there’s the OX and some other pricy options and iso cab boxes but this seemed ideal. It helps that it feels like you could fight a bear with it. Not that I would, I love bears!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 28, 2020

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Picked up a Jay Turser Tele for pretty cheap, and I got to say it is a hell of a guitar for the money.

Bound front and back, rosewood veneer on top, back sides, and headstock. Jay Turser has the balls to call it a rosewood body, but I even doubt it's actually a real rosewood veneer. String-through the body, and even came with D'Addarios. Fretboard is "Quindao Blackwood" which basically means some other wood dyed black/dark brown to look like rosewood. The neck itself has a great shape, but a satin-matte finish that feels off to my hands. Pretty much everything I play regularily has a painted/poly/lacquer neck, so that's probably it.

Playability out of the box is great, although I'll probably tweak the action a little. Pickups are no-poo poo really good. Sounds like a Tele should. I would put this close to the level of the Classic Vibe Teles, except for the neck. I'm not totally surprised, since I have a Jay Turser Les Paul copy that I adore.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Realizing that I had actually been wanting a reactive load specifically is something I really wish I would’ve learned years ago! It’s so good. I can’t even believe how good this thing sounds and almost more importantly feels with my amp. Definitely the coolest piece of high end guitar tech I’ve ever come across.

It was a bit of a risk at $600 but I pretty much had the mindset of accepting that I’m never happy with anything that isn’t an amp + cab. I needed to record easily and jam with headphones so why not throw down the $$$ for something that will leave me with zero “yeah but what if I had paid for x” feelings. Sure there’s the OX and some other pricy options and iso cab boxes but this seemed ideal. It helps that it feels like you could fight a bear with it. Not that I would, I love bears!

Well to make you feel even better about getting the Suhr over something like the Ox, I did way too much research into what the best loadbox would be and the Suhr, by far, as the most realistic impedance curve of all the reactive load boxes on the market that doesn't cost multiple thousands. The Ox's impedance curve is basically just a smooth, symmetrical bathtub curve. High reactivity in the bass, low in the mids, symmetrically high in the treble. Real speakers don't behave quite like that. The Suhr's impedance curve looks exactly like a real speaker impedance curve. Flat at the lowest bass frequencies with a medium-narrow boost around 60-70 Hz or somewhere like that, then back down to zero, then smoothly climbing very slightly exponentially until you get to the highest frequencies. Specifically, Suhr tried to get as close as he could to recreating the curve of his favorite 4x12 cab loaded with Greenbacks, and he pretty much did it.

The Suhr doesn't include built-in effects like the Ox, but the one thing it does, it does better than just about everything.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 28, 2020

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

How is the Suhr different from one of those pedals that's supposed to emulate a speaker cab, or a plugin amp vst? It's that you're using the real amp head? So you can do the equivalent of diming a twin or marshall or something without making a ton of noise?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

weed cat posted:

How is the Suhr different from one of those pedals that's supposed to emulate a speaker cab, or a plugin amp vst? It's that you're using the real amp head? So you can do the equivalent of diming a twin or marshall or something without making a ton of noise?

Exactly that. It lets you crank everything and basically eats the force of the load which would destroy you sound card/computer normally. This allows you to play a dimed plexi at comfortable bedroom levels but with all the great sound of the tubes under full stress.

Basically, it's the bluesdad way of avoiding modelling amps :p

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

weed cat posted:

So there are two parts to how every speaker cab influences the sound of a tube amp. There's the EQ curve and Impedance curve.

The EQ curve is what it sounds like. It's the way the amp's frequencies are filtered by the speakers. Typical examples are that speakers like Vintage 30's have relatively low (or tight, depending on how you want to phrase it) bass response and a boost to the sharp sounding high-mids, making them great for aggressive modern metal. Greenbacks however have slightly less highs and more "even" mids for a smoother sound, etc.

Here is a G12M Greenback's EQ curve:

Smooth mids with a boost in the highs for clarity, etc.

The Impedance curve is a slightly different thing. Basically the impedance curve shows how the amplifier itself, at a given frequency, will respond to the cab. It's what the amplifier "sees" when it's plugged into a cab. The amp cannot see the EQ curve of the speakers, just the impedance curve. The higher the point in the impedance curve, the "louder" the amp will output at that frequency. So it's kinda like another EQ, but it's an EQ that is imparted backwards in the chain to the amp's power section. This is important because the impedance curve controls the way a tube poweramp will start to distort.

Here is the impedance curve of a Greenback, same speaker as shown above:

A hump in the bass, then slowly rising from low in the mids to high in the treble. This means that as the amp is turned up, the first places it will start to compress and distort (because it's outputting at these frequencies the highest) are in the high treble and that bass hump.

What you're talking about with the pedals and IRs and stuff, those are IR's. Impulse Responses. An IR is just a really complex and detailed EQ curve. That's all it is. IR's massively influence the sound of your guitar, sure, but technically they are relatively simple.

Basically, if you're going to use a tube amp in this setup, you need a load box so the tube amp won't blow up, and it needs to be a reactive load box so the amp behaves correctly against the right impedance curve. THEN, you need IR's to impart the correct EQ filtering to the whole setup so it sounds like it's all coming out of a guitar cab.

You technically can use just the reactive load box, but the eq will follow the impedance curve, so all you're going to hear is sub-bass along with distorted fizz starting at like 16 kHz at the loudest, and the other frequencies will get progressively quieter from there. If you look at IR curves, they all massively cut out a ton of treble from the signal, because they need to. Tube amps naturally output a metric assload of treble, but most people don't know that because guitar speakers (and therefore IRs) are designed to account for this and cut a similarly sized assload of treble to balance that out.

BonHair posted:

Basically, it's the bluesdad way of avoiding modelling amps :p

lol I should have just said this. That would have been enough.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 29, 2020

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

Right on. I usually record keyboards, and most of those are direct; the only ones I can't really do that for are organs that use a Leslie, and while the amp push is nice there, the rotary effect in the room is really the biggest part of the sound in my book. I have heard good things about the latest generation pedals, though; that with some tweaking you can get it pretty drat close to a mic'd Leslie.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

lol I should have just said this. That would have been enough.

Long technical expectations kick rear end, thank you for explaining it properly!

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

GreatGreen posted:

Well to make you feel even better about getting the Suhr over something like the Ox, I did way too much research into what the best loadbox would be and the Suhr, by far, as the most realistic impedance curve of all the reactive load boxes on the market that doesn't cost multiple thousands. The Ox's impedance curve is basically just a smooth, symmetrical bathtub curve. High reactivity in the bass, low in the mids, symmetrically high in the treble. Real speakers don't behave quite like that. The Suhr's impedance curve looks exactly like a real speaker impedance curve. Flat at the lowest bass frequencies with a medium-narrow boost around 60-70 Hz or somewhere like that, then back down to zero, then smoothly climbing very slightly exponentially until you get to the highest frequencies. Specifically, Suhr tried to get as close as he could to recreating the curve of his favorite 4x12 cab loaded with Greenbacks, and he pretty much did it.

The Suhr doesn't include built-in effects like the Ox, but the one thing it does, it does better than just about everything.

Out of interest, did you look at the Weber Mass attenuators at all? If so how did they compare?

I got a mini mass with a direct out which can serve the same purpose. My main criteria at the time was that it was cheap as hell but still came highly recommended.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Bill Posters posted:

Out of interest, did you look at the Weber Mass attenuators at all? If so how did they compare?

I got a mini mass with a direct out which can serve the same purpose. My main criteria at the time was that it was cheap as hell but still came highly recommended.

Unfortunately I did not, sorry about that. I have heard it mentioned off and on for years so I know it's fairly prolific, and anything with that kind of staying power has to count for something. The ones I looked at the most were the Suhr Reactive Load, UAD Ox, Boss Tube Expander, the Two Notes stuff, and the Mesa Cab clone.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I decided that the Jaguarillo wasn’t for me. It was a good stepping stone to get what I actually wanted though. I managed to snag the Jaguarillo for $400 and flip it for $750, netting me enough money to get the rare offset I really wanted:

2002 Fender Toronado. Not my favorite color way for this guitar, but it’s growing on me. The comparisons to SGs are not unfounded. It’s a great compliment to my main guitar (an American Original Jazzmaster).

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

GreatGreen posted:

Unfortunately I did not, sorry about that. I have heard it mentioned off and on for years so I know it's fairly prolific, and anything with that kind of staying power has to count for something. The ones I looked at the most were the Suhr Reactive Load, UAD Ox, Boss Tube Expander, the Two Notes stuff, and the Mesa Cab clone.

Considering I'm happy with it as is, it's probably for the best that I don't see any graphs that make me wonder if it's not performing as well as I think.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I decided that the Jaguarillo wasn’t for me. It was a good stepping stone to get what I actually wanted though. I managed to snag the Jaguarillo for $400 and flip it for $750, netting me enough money to get the rare offset I really wanted:

2002 Fender Toronado. Not my favorite color way for this guitar, but it’s growing on me. The comparisons to SGs are not unfounded. It’s a great compliment to my main guitar (an American Original Jazzmaster).

Something about these always makes me think they way about 15 pounds. They just look "fat" to me. Still want one without the pickguard and with the competition stripes. Rumor is there's going to be a Squier reissue announced this summer.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

widefault posted:

Something about these always makes me think they way about 15 pounds. They just look "fat" to me. Still want one without the pickguard and with the competition stripes. Rumor is there's going to be a Squier reissue announced this summer.

It’s actually slightly smaller (and therefore lighter) than my Jazzmaster, so it gets the shittier strap for now.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Wow, the Toronado looks a lot like the Ibanez Talman, huh? Beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

widefault posted:

Picked up a Jay Turser Tele for pretty cheap, and I got to say it is a hell of a guitar for the money.

Bound front and back, rosewood veneer on top, back sides, and headstock. Jay Turser has the balls to call it a rosewood body, but I even doubt it's actually a real rosewood veneer. String-through the body, and even came with D'Addarios. Fretboard is "Quindao Blackwood" which basically means some other wood dyed black/dark brown to look like rosewood. The neck itself has a great shape, but a satin-matte finish that feels off to my hands. Pretty much everything I play regularily has a painted/poly/lacquer neck, so that's probably it.

Playability out of the box is great, although I'll probably tweak the action a little. Pickups are no-poo poo really good. Sounds like a Tele should. I would put this close to the level of the Classic Vibe Teles, except for the neck. I'm not totally surprised, since I have a Jay Turser Les Paul copy that I adore.

I have a Jay Turser SG. It's particle board under the veneer lol. My SG fell over face first, plugged in, and the input jack effortless concaved lol. My repair was similarly trashy but I don't care because this guitar is seeing mods and pickups galore and is used to play trash music for trash people. It sounds wicked tho.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

betterinsodapop posted:

Wow, the Toronado looks a lot like the Ibanez Talman, huh? Beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Yeah. Matches my bass pretty well 🤫

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Always wanted to try one of these and finally found one at a good price

Fender Greta ~2watt tube amp, part of the Pawn Shop series from a few years back. 12AX7 pre-amp and a 12AT7 as the power tube, running through a 4" speaker.

Hookups on the back for guitar, an aux in, external speaker and a line out that also allows it be to used as a pre-amp.

Gets dirty very easily, but so far it's not that great sounding and is a bit bright. Great clean tone, especially with single coils. Only a volume and tone control, but I can already hear a few sweet spots depending on guitar. It will probably sound a lot better through an actual speaker, the 4" isn't doing it any favors. I missed out on an original cab on Reverb, but it's basically just a Fender SC112 enclosure with red tolex and wheat grille cloth so other than matching it's nothing special.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

An eq pedal would help, also the tone knob on that amp kinda is your eq, it sweeps at probably 2k or something, pretty much u got bassy or bright unless you eq pedal that somebish

I don't have that, I have a little 5 Watt amp that's probably very similar to that, except it's just amp, no speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
It's about right to me between 1/3 and 1/2, but it's also hard to tell where you are because there are no numbers and three ribs on the knob. Same with the volume, keeping at around the halfway point, still gets pretty dang loud all the way up.

Spent a lot more time playing last night with a bunch of guitars. The only thing I couldn't get a decent sound from was my SG which is tuned down to C standard, just a flabby distorted mess. Telecasters sound great, Tele Thinline with the WRHBs sounded good, but didn't break up quite as much as a standard humbucker at the same volume. Oddly, I did not have a Strat handy last night. More guitars than I am years old and the closest Strat was in a case under a bed. Will play around with that today as well as seeing how it takes pedals.

Overall worth what I paid, and probably worth the ~$200 they seem to go for.