Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Atrocious Joe posted:

the problem is the US doesn't have enough capitalism

the capitalism will continue until morale improves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

snoo posted:

any one of these fucks wanna say that the problem is capitalism or nah

trump and other chuds were right that the lockdown would be worse than leaving everything open, but that's only because our country's government is loving useless and/or evil and won't do anything of real substance to help its citizens. they just either can't see or won't admit to the realities of capitalism

in short, america is a failed state

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

TraderStav posted:

wtf. this is an international forum, how is all the crazy news happening in my backyard. I spent my first 30 years living right near that Arby's.

I come to this forum to escape my reality damnit! Michigan should NOT be this prevalent!

He's funny but his vids are staged. Dude edits himself into real news clips.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

triple sulk posted:

trump and other chuds were right that the lockdown would be worse than leaving everything open, but that's only because our country's government is loving useless and/or evil and won't do anything of real substance to help its citizens. they just either can't see or won't admit to the realities of capitalism

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

indigi posted:

how can that last one be true

Los Angeles is such a such a beautiful environment with constant sunshine that everybody wants a piece of LA to the point where people absolutely learn to hate everything with a seething passion that wavers between becoming a single minded psychopathic cockroach that does their job better than any other person on earth or suicidal with the joy of joining the abyss, depending on what time of day it is, coupled with the pounding fact that everybody here is a transplant or the children of transplants cut off from all the roots in a city that hates all sense of past and history and joyfully gathers people from the rest of the world who are superficial, stupid, confused, and greedy to utterly isolate them all the time, but distracted with: traffic, your job, hatred of your job, hatred of social actives, and hatred of all people and their horrifying conversations that is grounded in materialism so obvious everybody mistaken it as stupid, yet utterly detached from reality that stating simple truths becomes an infinite loop of sincerity and irony; really it's just "another day in paradise."

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 07:50 on May 22, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Los Angeles is such a such a beautiful environment with constant sunshine that everybody wants a piece of LA to the point where people absolutely learn to hate everything with a seething passion that wavers between becomeing a single minded psychopathic cockroach that does their job better than any other person on earth or suicidal with the joy of joining the abyss, depending on what time of day it is, coupled with the pounding fact that everybody here is a transplant or the children of transplants cut off from all the roots in a city that hates all sense of past and history and joyfull gather people from the rest of the world who are superficial, stupid, confused, and greedy to utterly isolate them all the time, but detracted with: traffic, your job, hatred of your job, hatred of those social actives, and hatred of all people and their horrifying conversations that is grounded in materialism so obvious everybody mistakens it as stupid, yet utterly detached from reality that stating simple truths becomes an infinite loop of sincerity and irony; really "it's just "another day in paradise."

incredible post

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Los Angeles is such a such a beautiful environment with constant sunshine that everybody wants a piece of LA to the point where people absolutely learn to hate everything with a seething passion that wavers between becomeing a single minded psychopathic cockroach that does their job better than any other person on earth or suicidal with the joy of joining the abyss, depending on what time of day it is, coupled with the pounding fact that everybody here is a transplant or the children of transplants cut off from all the roots in a city that hates all sense of past and history and joyful gather people from the rest of the world who are superficial, stupid, confused, and greedy to utterly isolate them all the time, but detracted with: traffic, your job, hatred of your job, hatred of social actives, and hatred of all people and their horrifying conversations that is grounded in materialism so obvious everybody mistaken it as stupid, yet utterly detached from reality that stating simple truths becomes an infinite loop of sincerity and irony; really "it's just "another day in paradise."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

triple sulk posted:

People would start staying home and crash the economy regardless of lockdowns, the only difference would be higher body count before the crash. There's no non-crash scenario here because of how bad we hosed this up.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

The Oldest Man posted:

People would start staying home and crash the economy regardless of lockdowns, the only difference would be higher body count before the crash. There's no non-crash scenario here because of how bad we hosed this up.

Yeah, the dumbest mistake is assuming that there's actually a choice between an economic implosion and saving lives

Economy is doomed. Always was doomed. You can save lives or not save lives, but you can't save the economy, because the economy is based on rampant consumer spending and it's ridiculous to assume that a pandemic wouldn't at least have a marginal effect on people's willingness to go outside and do things.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

can we at least get something good out of this and properly kill the economy, thank you

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Florida is now up to 5,103 non-flu pneumonia deaths in less than 4 months, but only 866 covid/pneumonia deaths, along with 300 flu deaths with possible pneumonia or covid comorbidity. The only source I can find for previous years lists combined flu/pneumonia deaths and Florida averages just under 3000 per year. Someone please help me make sense of these numbers. I'm honestly asking. In the last 6 years pneumonia never cracked Florida's top 10 cause of death which has a lower bound of 3000. I feel like I must be reading the numbers wrong or something.

nonflu pneumonia lmao...what could it be????

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
things are gonna get way way way worse before they get better

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

power word- Jeb! posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

So the whole Sweden didn't close and they seem to be not doing differently thing is confusing as gently caress to me. I am assuming the news I'm seeing isn't telling the whole story? Or has Sweden been mostly life as usual this whole time?

Ten times the deaths of the neighbors.

No appreciable difference in economic outcome.

Turns out the demand slump from people staying at home is perfectly capable of decimating your economy without officially declaring lockdown.

They're still screaming about how superior they are because chuds gonna chud.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Someone needs to tell them that covid is caused by a fat cat psychic vampire who's tele-feeding across the world.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also yeah Sweden going full chud is surprise to nobody familiar with the history of the region they're always going full ARE EMPIRE every fifty years, commit a series of human rights violations, then realize they gained nothing. Not even the hatred of their neighbors because Sweden has always been hated for the poo poo they keep pulling.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder how many cases will be linked to the swedish chefs incessant borking and indescribably bad issues with cross contamination of ingredients

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

For what it's worth Finland is rolling back restrictions to almost Sweden levels starting June, I hope the outcome is that enduring the horror of restaurants and swimming pools being closed for 2,5 months results in 5-10x less deaths. The government is still retaining the the state of readiness banhammer so they can roll back at moment's notice though. Schools opened a week ago so if theres going to be a spike it should show up soon, maybe ill get it too since my gf is a teacher in one of the areas with the highest per capita infections rate.

EDIT: The latest opposition chud talking point here seems to be just to blatantly lie and claim that the government was going to do the Swedish approach but somehow they managed to pressure them to do the right thing. This is the party who's leader claims TURMP is the best thing to happen to western politics in decades.

uncleTomOfFinland has issued a correction as of 07:49 on May 22, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Los Angeles is such a such a beautiful environment with constant sunshine that everybody wants a piece of LA to the point where people absolutely learn to hate everything with a seething passion that wavers between becoming a single minded psychopathic cockroach that does their job better than any other person on earth or suicidal with the joy of joining the abyss, depending on what time of day it is, coupled with the pounding fact that everybody here is a transplant or the children of transplants cut off from all the roots in a city that hates all sense of past and history and joyfulyl gathers people from the rest of the world who are superficial, stupid, confused, and greedy to utterly isolate them all the time, but distracted with: traffic, your job, hatred of your job, hatred of social actives, and hatred of all people and their horrifying conversations that is grounded in materialism so obvious everybody mistaken it as stupid, yet utterly detached from reality that stating simple truths becomes an infinite loop of sincerity and irony; really "it's just "another day in paradise."

im from norcal so i have to hate la but i like la. well at least the old part of it.

inland empire is this hell on earth tho

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

uncleTomOfFinland posted:

For what it's worth Finland is rolling back restrictions to almost Sweden levels starting June, I hope the outcome is that enduring the horror of restaurants and swimming pools being closed for 2,5 months results in 5-10x less deaths. The government is still retaining the the state of readiness banhammer so they can roll back at moment's notice though. Schools opened a week ago so if theres going to be a spike it should show up soon, maybe ill get it too since my gf is a teacher in one of the areas with the highest per capita infections rate.

EDIT: The latest opposition chud talking point here seems to be just to blatantly lie and claim that the government was going to do the Swedish approach but somehow they managed to pressure them to do the right thing. This is the party who's leader claims TURMP is the best thing to happen to western politics in decades.

Well he is a clown nobody could take seriously. He still is, but now everyone pays less attention to that bit. Trunt is a great thing for him.

Also, Tom of Finland having a girlfriend? O tempora, o mores.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Los Angeles is such a such a beautiful environment with constant sunshine that everybody wants a piece of LA to the point where people absolutely learn to hate everything with a seething passion that wavers between becoming a single minded psychopathic cockroach that does their job better than any other person on earth or suicidal with the joy of joining the abyss, depending on what time of day it is, coupled with the pounding fact that everybody here is a transplant or the children of transplants cut off from all the roots in a city that hates all sense of past and history and joyfully gathers people from the rest of the world who are superficial, stupid, confused, and greedy to utterly isolate them all the time, but distracted with: traffic, your job, hatred of your job, hatred of social actives, and hatred of all people and their horrifying conversations that is grounded in materialism so obvious everybody mistaken it as stupid, yet utterly detached from reality that stating simple truths becomes an infinite loop of sincerity and irony; really it's just "another day in paradise."

Los Angeles owns and you have to be from here/leave here for a while to realize it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

power word- Jeb! posted:

things will get better??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I used to live in la. it was a nice place to live

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

thank u kind venmo goon........ I'll never forget you

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bless dem arbysboys

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Aw man Umberto Eco died.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no one should have more than maybe 200 dollars

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Aw man Umberto Eco died.

Who? Is he related to that dolphin or sumfing?

E: he died over 3 years ago

Ee: gently caress, I think I read his last book, the one that had to be finished by ghost writers and was like three semi related stories about the girls going missing in Spain. Pretty good. RIP portly Italian writer dude.

Outrail has issued a correction as of 09:09 on May 22, 2020

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

no one should have more than maybe 200 dollars

good news

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Google alerts have deceived me. I'm still sad.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

CODChimera posted:

things will get better??

one day the sun will swell into a red giant and consume this hell earth

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
just woke up to my cats making an ungodly amount of noise. peeped my phone for the time and saw the foreman texted me to say the jobsite is closed til further notice

thanks, Rona-chan

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

LA has its faults but it's a wonderful city with a ton of great food and things to do, and it's so tiresome when people say this poo poo about everyone who lives there as if they just assume everyone is some hollywood dickhead actor

it would be like people saying everyone who lives in new york city is a finance person

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

LA has its faults but it's a wonderful city with a ton of great food and things to do, and it's so tiresome when people say this poo poo about everyone who lives there as if they just assume everyone is some hollywood dickhead actor

it would be like people saying everyone who lives in new york city is a finance person
listen bud, i once watched a movie called Collateral and tom cruise called it sprawled out disconnected. im now an expert. la sucks!!

but yeah LA proper and vicinity even some adjacent places are pretty great and has a real unique charm to it thats kind of hard to describe without sounding pretentious/hipster in a way of academically self-sucking over love of diversity n culture.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 09:40 on May 22, 2020

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Doesn’t sound like I’m getting any loving money, I hope saving thousands of lives was worth me not buying warhammer models to paint, JACINDA

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THIS poo poo IS, JACINDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Doesn’t sound like I’m getting any loving money, I hope saving thousands of lives was worth me not buying warhammer models to paint, JACINDA

really? wow thats bullshit. even trump gave everyone free money