Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's not true ... they did bring him back. They just let him go a few days later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Actually that was bad as 2002 wwe russo may have killed the company before people began throwing shitloads of cash at their tv shows.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisHardy91/status/1263571888585838592

Isnt it one of TNT's best rating shows and an absolute bargain for cost vs reward?

AEW already has a guaranteed 4 year contract lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think a "guaranteed" tv deal is a little empty unless there's serious money incentives written in, but its definitely a huge mark of confidence from TNT and the notion that they have "buyer's remorse" because numbers have gone done a tick during the quarantine when AEW was airing compromised shows is definitely rooted in the wishful thinking of AEW haters.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

Gary is on WWE's payroll or he's real fuckin pathetic.

He works for the BBC which makes sense because he is about as critical of WWE as the BBC is about the British government.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He works for the BBC which makes sense because he is about as critical of WWE as the BBC is about the British government.

Lmao what a loser. The only bbc he sees is Boris Johnson(infected)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisHardy91/status/1263571888585838592

Isnt it one of TNT's best rating shows and an absolute bargain for cost vs reward?

TNT’s annual cost on Dynamite is comparable to the budget on a 10 episode season of one of their dramas (Claws season 2 had a budget of $48 million, they’re paying AEW $45 million a year for weekly content).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Been a while since Ryan Satin appeared in this thread, welcome back buddy

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1263628929744744453

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Resetera really went downhill in record time huh

You routinely get a bunch of junior poo poo stirrers that show up and throw out flaming hot takes just to eat a ban. I really don't get it.

Having to preface a post with "I haven't watched wrestling in 15+ years" to make it seem like you're not licking the boot as you proceed to.......lick the boot.

How could you not realize that talent safety would be the number one question for an entertainment industry that definitely should not be running shows?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

unconscious gary

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Is there any consensus yet as to which of the tireless WWE cheerleaders jumping into every Owen Hart Twitter thread that mentions certain keywords are trolls and which are just dogged weirdos?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

davidbix posted:

Is there any consensus yet as to which of the tireless WWE cheerleaders jumping into every Owen Hart Twitter thread that mentions certain keywords are trolls and which are just dogged weirdos?

a distinction without much of a difference imo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m sure there’s a couple of devils advocate trolls sprinkled among them but most seem to be entirely sincere dullards who made up their mind years ago that WWE and Vince are blameless and absolutely no amount of evidence to the contrary will persuade them otherwise

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

davidbix posted:

And, does it matter, gentlemen, as a practical question, whether we are, in the present case, dealing with stupidity or treason? When the Duma keeps everlastingly insisting that the rear must be organized for a successful struggle, the Government persists in claiming that organizing the country means organizing a revolution, and deliberately prefers chaos and disorganization. What is it, stupidity or treason?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

davidbix posted:

A ven diagram that's just a perfect circle

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The ratings arguments should be way more embarrassing for the Vincels. WWE has been a marketing powerhouse for decades. WWE branded stuff is in windows of toy shops, all over toy sections, magazine racks, collectable cards in supermarkets, and children will have reinforced brand recognition from their parents and their grandparents. With those advantages WWE's TV ratings should be 100 times bigger than AEW.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

I ran some tests and it’s mostly dogged weirdos. WWE has yet to really employ a serious botnet approach to massaging consensus.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So apparently Graves and Carmella are starting a new podcast where "they dive headfirst into relationship issues that EVERYONE has, but are often too afraid to talk about! Premieres June 11"

And this person is hyped

https://twitter.com/KingLily_/status/1263838307856900097

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

can't be any worse than Teddy Hart and Maria Manic starting another round of vlogs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinche Rudo posted:

So apparently Graves and Carmella are starting a new podcast where "they dive headfirst into relationship issues that EVERYONE has, but are often too afraid to talk about! Premieres June 11"

And this person is hyped

https://twitter.com/KingLily_/status/1263838307856900097

Who has the clip of Graves saying that when you're in lockdown you don't want to have sex with your partner because the thought doesn't appeal to you anymore or something, and Carmella looking at him like he's a loving moron as he tries to backpedal?

I give this relationship 4 episodes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edit: I apologize

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 18, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A: this seems perfectly reasonable
2: aren't we supposed to not post fellow goons in this thread

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

At this point the stupidness isn't caring about Io winning the NXT title, but caring about NXT at all. The best case is that Io does as little as possible and stays healthy until her contract runs out and goes back to Japan or to AEW. Same with Kairi.

E: also this ^^

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, dunking on Darkstar feels a bit lame

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kane on Fox

quote:

He said: “We talk about public safety, but the issue is that when the government says something is an emergency. and we can do anything. Then all that has to happen is, you have an emergency. And that’s extremely troubling to me and it should be challenged by the people as well. [They] decided that they have to tell people what to do and that’s not their job. And frankly, I don’t think that they have that authority. No politician gets up there and says, ‘Hey, we’re going to take all your freedoms.’ What they do is they say, ‘well, you know, we have to assume some of these responsibilities.’ And when we look around through history and around the world, that’s generally what happens, especially in democratic societies.”

He was also asked about WWE holding events during the pandemic, which he supported. He added: “I think it’s the right decision because right now there’s just not that much available in the realm of live entertainment. But I think that it gives people a distraction and something else to think about and I think that’s important. I think WWE handled that in a responsible way. You need to walk a mile in someone’s shoes before you judge on that. So certainly in this situation, he did the right thing for him.“

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Braindead moron

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

apologize to darkstar

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I laughed

MassRafTer posted:

Kane on Fox
Complete word salad even for a libertarian

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Darkstar is mostly right, the only thing I would disagree with him on is the optimal scenario being "Io leaves NXT, also, WWE in general."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I apologize and have edited out my comment six posts ago

MassRafTer posted:

Kane on Fox

We must follow the thread rules. Kane is a stupid wrestler, not fan

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Kane is also a fellow poster

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

wait

was that deleted post recent? b/c if so at least it’s good to know Darkstar’s not dead or anything

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

He does not wrestle and is clearly a fan based on the second quote.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

don't be this person

https://twitter.com/Walbucks/status/1263912186877022209

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm somehow even more annoyed at Kane for making the very obvious "this is just like Nazi Germany" bullshit argument without the courage to actually say it. Kane is not only a poo poo person, he lacks the courage of his convictions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Your Roast of me #FAILED"

I respectfully disagree.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

STAC Goat posted:

I'm somehow even more annoyed at Kane for making the very obvious "this is just like Nazi Germany" bullshit argument without the courage to actually say it. Kane is not only a poo poo person, he lacks the courage of his convictions.

He's a libertarian. It's like being a nihilist. These men are cowards.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

don't be these people

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This made no sense, nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

Kane on Fox

The last time I witnessed this sort of incoherent bullshit is when my family staged an intervention with a cousin that was heading towards rock bottom.

I guess the last two words is all Kane would have understood?