Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I can’t believe they’re making criminals out of people who violate laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Badger of Basra posted:

I can’t believe they’re making criminals out of people who violate laws

“But there was no law passed so no one should be punished and I have heard of the Constitution so my rights are more important than their laws or rules. So I am being patriotic by ignoring these rules.”

Actual response I have gotten from a prison guard and police officer. When I told them that they make a living off of not believing this and have arrested a lot of people who feel the same way that they do, they both told me that that was different for random reasons.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd like to live in a timeline where this stance backfires and we start getting laws on the books specifically criminalizing spreading disease during a pandemic.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Edgar County is the economic engine of the state?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

WGN had the Will County GOP chairman on this morning to talk about the lawsuit he's leading against Pritzker's stay-at-home orders. It was mostly standard "open up for the economy!" stuff until he got to the end. Then he started bringing in some Plandemic garbage about how staying at home and wearing masks actually weakens our immune systems!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/hannahmeisel/status/1262394434479697923?s=20

classic rauner

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

brugroffil posted:

some Plandemic garbage about how staying at home and wearing masks actually weakens our immune systems!

My mom has brought this up a few times and I was utterly baffled by it. I tried explaining to her wearing a mask maybe an hour or two a day and avoiding physical contact over a few months isn't going to gently caress with her immune system. The only way it would is if she was in quarantine for many months in a hermetically sealed room with no human contact. She refuses ro believe me and continues ro claim these measures are killing more people than the virus and everyone's immune system has been hosed because of social distancing.

She is still observing mask wearing and social distancing, thank god, but I can tell she is just done with this and is dying to get back to the normal that existed before this pandemic. I explain to her that normal doesn't exist anymore but, you guessed it, she refuses to listen to me. I don't know why I keep trying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tell her to go rub some mud or stagnant water in a cut or chill out in a forest with no bug spray if she wants to give her immune system a workout. Infuse her body with all those diseases she was getting into fights with every day prior to the pandemic.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Is there going to be some big reveal by Pritzker on Wednesday or something? My boss was going on this morning about how the CDC is not recommending masks anymore and that they don't do anything. I told her that was old news, but then she said something about Pritzker having some big news conference thing later this week.

I was kinda caught flat-footed by all of it because I'd sorta tuned out of a lot of news because it was just depressing me.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

CDC is still recommending face masks?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

brugroffil posted:

CDC is still recommending face masks?

Yeah that's what I found; the mask guidance is still on the CDC site. I'm guessing someone posted an old interview (she claimed it was Fauci) recently trying to prove something; it does sound like the post was found on Facebook.

That app is a loving plague on society, ugh.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone filed for PUA and not done their tax return for 2019 yet? What do you do?

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Effingham County continues their trend of being terrible by announcing they won't enforce Prtizker's executive order on businesses reopening. I somehow doubt they would be cool with me choosing which laws or ordinances I want to follow.

https://twitter.com/EDNMain/status/1262886763120427009?s=19

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

midwest ink posted:

Effingham County continues their trend of being terrible by announcing they won't enforce Prtizker's executive order on businesses reopening. I somehow doubt they would be cool with me choosing which laws or ordinances I want to follow.

https://twitter.com/EDNMain/status/1262886763120427009?s=19

It really is too bad that the Governor can't just fire these loving idiot sheriffs when they pull this kind of stunt.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is the state ever going to get PUA payments out to people? We are one of the last in the country to do it now. Girlfriend was put out of work by the state orders almost 2 months ago and hasn't seen a dime. What the gently caress is going on?

If that's not bad enough their new system was leaking everyone's name and SS#.

https://www.wqad.com/article/money/illinois-unemployment-portals-glitch-made-private-data-public/526-a8c52fe9-9f52-4711-8e9d-7a6e6508578b

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So Phase 3 is just, what, 10 days away?

Is anybody planning to do anything different once Phase 3 starts?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

dwarf74 posted:

as long as work doesn't call me back in, gently caress no.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Soonmot posted:

as long as work doesn't call me back in, gently caress no.
I've already received notice from my boss that they're in no huge hurry to get everyone back in the building, along with an understanding that it'd basically be impossible without available childcare. So I'm good, there.

But yeah, this is how my county looks rn, so perfect time to open up

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/hannahmeisel/status/1263206899106922496?s=20

owned

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
He's chasing stardom now, nothing else. This will get him spotlighted on more right wing bullshit sites than anything.

SamsCola
Jun 5, 2009
Pillbug

dwarf74 posted:

If I find a place that isn't crowded outside, I'd like to get a burger and a draft beer. But I'm not going to the office anytime soon and I'm not going inside of a restaurant either.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Nup. Too many idiots out there ignoring everything, going to Indiana to get beers/hit up the Beef House etc. I may get a haircut if my stylist agrees to do it outside (she already has enough sense to wear a mask).

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Oracle posted:

Nup. Too many idiots out there ignoring everything, going to Indiana to get beers/hit up the Beef House etc. I may get a haircut if my stylist agrees to do it outside (she already has enough sense to wear a mask).

Yo, what? I thought you were gonna let your SO have a go at it!

I can't believe you would take this opportunity away from them <:mad:>

I have allowed my quarantine beard to run free, and so long as I'm not required in the office/masks will be mandatory in the office, I'm going to keep it that way . . . not sure if I'll just trim it back down to the "business professional" 10mm or actually find a beard stylist when it's safe to do so . . . . . .

Edit: I got an invitation to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and eat outside when they open up the outdoor patio again. Tempting, but I have to imagine that nearly everyone is going to have the same idea . . . maybe I should just have a backyard bonfire instead or something, hmm.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Dammit, I hate foolish people so much. People in my area are saying how courageous Bailey is being. “He posed no risk because he was sitting at his desk 6 feet from others (staff should just stay away from him).”

If you want to see someone see bragging and trying to get their name out there, they are saying to look at Pritzker and how he gets on national media and how he brags during his press briefings.

“If Pritzker’s EO was okay, why is the ISP and all of the sheriff’s saying that they won’t enforce it” lead to them showing Pritzker has always known that his EO was against the Constitution.

gently caress this area of Illinois.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's super courageous to refuse literally the smallest action you could take to keep yourself and others healthy

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zarin posted:

Yo, what? I thought you were gonna let your SO have a go at it!

I can't believe you would take this opportunity away from them <:mad:>

I have allowed my quarantine beard to run free, and so long as I'm not required in the office/masks will be mandatory in the office, I'm going to keep it that way . . . not sure if I'll just trim it back down to the "business professional" 10mm or actually find a beard stylist when it's safe to do so . . . . . .

Edit: I got an invitation to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and eat outside when they open up the outdoor patio again. Tempting, but I have to imagine that nearly everyone is going to have the same idea . . . maybe I should just have a backyard bonfire instead or something, hmm.

In the interests of marital harmony he refused lol.

I'm morely likely to just take takeout to the nearest public seating area where I can be sure I'm not around some spit-talking loudmouth saying how all this is a hoax/overblown/insert stupid here.

I am getting tired of soggy fries and lukewarm food tho.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The only thing that will likely change for me is I'm going to try to get a haircut. My barber is a two chair shop, and it's rare for there to be more than 5 people in the place because he always works on appointment only. It would be pretty low risk, and I'll wear a mask as much as possible while getting cut.

Otherwise, until daycare reopens, I can't go back to working in an office anyway. I'm in construction, so I may end up at jobsites a little more often when needed. I've been staying away as much as possible, going like once every couple of weeks when I really have to show up someplace.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
lmao northwest indiana is going to loving kill everyone

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

A girl I went to high school with runs a “food truck” that just sells t-shirts and sweet tea. Apparently, she had planned on being at the Clay county courthouse for the Bailey and Pritzker court case later today. But Pritzker had it moved to federal court and so now she is going elsewhere. (There is another case there I believe at the same time now but it is not Bailey so the crowds won’t be there). She even blamed Pritzker for how she was having to change places.

loving grifters everywhere.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna shamelessly advocate for the Delia Ramirez rent/mortgage relief bill ITT. The current version, SB 3066, is being voted on today. Mind filling out a witness slip as a proponent?

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Crea..._=1590156721929

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Delia's my rep. What does a witness slip mean?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

Delia's my rep. What does a witness slip mean?

It just indicates that you're an Illinois resident with a position on the bill, so I guess it's the equivalent of calling your rep, except it's a signal to a committee. It doesn't require you to be a constituent of the sponsor or anything. You can just check off "record of appearance only" and indicate that you're not representing an organization.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Done. That's cool, I should pay more attention to ILGA.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

Thanks!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

same

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's absurd this wasn't on the table the day the stay at home orders became active but hey better late than ever, right?

I clicked a checkbox!

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

It's absurd this wasn't on the table the day the stay at home orders became active but hey better late than ever, right?

I clicked a checkbox!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so many landlords in the opposition section. cry harder scum

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Looks like a shell bill got amended and the committee vote was to approve the amendment? I'm not sure how to parse what's happening with it and how many readings it's been through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

Looks like a shell bill got amended and the committee vote was to approve the amendment? I'm not sure how to parse what's happening with it and how many readings it's been through

Yeah, that's how an awful lot of Illinois legislation gets passed. Why it went from HB 5576 to SB 3066 is not clear to me. I don't know if it's the same text. Total speculation, but maybe they're trying to get votes in both chambers to avoid conference committee?